School shooting 'a sign of Amish progression'

Posted In: News. Reading This Thread:

| 3,142 posts

9th Oct 2006 at 9:26 am

The problem is , were are making light of this event not only too soon after it took place, but solely because the children (one was 8) happened to be amish... If it was a bunch of inner city kids in a school down the street we'd all be shocked , especially if someone made light of it. But no because they are "backwards thinking" we are allowed to make fun of the death of some innosent children.

Steve Irwin dies in an accident , and one person says they laughed about it when they heard, becuase they tyhought it was a joke. And everyone strings them up. Guess what , im sure steve would have probably laughed (ironically). But a child dies , and we all laugh, yet someone doesnt like it , and says something... and we string them up. Its nothing to do with if we have a sence of humour , because we were banned from having one when steve died.

What was the reason then, oh we had to think of his wife and kids, who had lost a dad. but not one person has yet thought of the mothers, fathers , brothers , sisters , and familys who have lost girls in this.

And the ironic thing , the amish have accepted in the most forward thinking way possible, the killers wife into the community. I think its all of us who are the backwards thinging ones.
Im gone , and you can bite me. cockbite's

Big nose strikes again

| 2,343 posts

9th Oct 2006 at 9:35 am

Quote: Opium
a nice relief from all the copious butt f*cking that dead people get posthumously.

Hey - you nicked my phrase from earlier on.

I want money now.
[

Dr Namgge

| 14,541 posts

9th Oct 2006 at 9:41 am

Dr Namgge -

I dunno why, but this thread would probably have been funnier if the guy who did the shootings had actually been Amish. As it stands now, the only part of this thread that's a joke, isn't even accurate, and just sounds so stupid for it.
A Random Link
I don't give a f*ck you f*cking f*ck!

Quote:
You should try being me, I injure myself on an hourly basis in stupid and childish ways. I nearly gave myself a heart attack this morning when I stood on a glove.

Dalek

| 412 posts

9th Oct 2006 at 9:42 am

Dalek - Stand and Deliver!!

Stand and Deliver!!

Your forgetting that the jokes about 9/11 started sometime after the event occured and not when young girls were still lying in hospital dying with gun shot wounds to their heads.
The timing of this thread is poor - so yeah - you're heartless - a nicer relief would be for something to happen to you. And iif you don't like that comment then - well i'm just as heartless as you.

Dr Namgge

| 14,541 posts

9th Oct 2006 at 9:47 am

Dr Namgge -

Quote: Opium
Quote: Dalek
Yyou're heartless - a nicer relief would be for something to happen to you.

I'd be very upset if someone didn't parody something horrible happening to me

Actually Landa's got a point, often the best way to move on from something is to be able to make a joke of it. If you can take a joke about a horrible experience you went through, then you are clearly past it.

of course that doesn't work so well here as no-one is amish, and probably didn't know any of the wounded/killed directly
A Random Link

Quote:
You should try being me, I injure myself on an hourly basis in stupid and childish ways. I nearly gave myself a heart attack this morning when I stood on a glove.

| 3,142 posts

9th Oct 2006 at 9:57 am

Quote: Big_Bob_Flapper

Here you go folks:

[http://www.uab.edu/images/imedpub/Kleenex.jpg]

Now come on , this is no time for a w*nk-a-thon......

oh oh , ok , maybe a quick one.
Im gone , and you can bite me. cockbite's

Dr Namgge

| 14,541 posts

9th Oct 2006 at 10:02 am

Dr Namgge -

Quote: the_chubby_punk_otaku
Quote: Big_Bob_Flapper

Here you go folks:

[http://www.uab.edu/images/imedpub/Kleenex.jpg]

Now come on , this is no time for a w*nk-a-thon......

oh oh , ok , maybe a quick one.

scarily that was also my first thought

turned on by a box of tissues, there's another one to add to the list
A Random Link

Quote:

Dalek

| 412 posts

9th Oct 2006 at 10:20 am

Dalek - Stand and Deliver!!

Stand and Deliver!!

I think i'm gonna need a another box.

9th Oct 2006 at 10:39 am

Xandir P. Wifflebottom - oh my god oh my god oh my god

oh my god oh my god oh my god

now taking bets on who'll get blamed:
Marilyn Manson
Hitman: Blood Money
Bully
ACME gay test

1. you gay?
2. Homo say what?
"like im gonna fall for that old tri....what?"

Vel: I'm in!!
Πανδώρα: Beep beep. Its Tuesday.
Πανδώρα: It might be Wednesday by now. Not sure.
EvilTongs: It's definitely a day of some sort
Dinglebutt: Wednesday.... *takes long drag of cigarette*.... Now that's a name I've not heard in many a year.....
Claire: Pals and pals, it is FNSIC again tomorrow, please let me know if you need the details.
Πανδώρα: Testicle.
Claire: Hi guys, I’m Tess Ticle and welcome to my TED talk
Lucozade Lover: Activity in 2020? Hooray, nice to see VR life.
Claire: I’d not go that far...a lovely lovely zombie perhaps
EvilTongs: It was bizarre how a group of us spontaneously returned when the pandemic stuff kicked off.
Vel: Bizarre or playing the long game? Hmmm, Mr Tongs?
Bellatrixa: I'm just here to reset my password and go about my business, trying not to cringe too much at how I was affected by the abusive f*ckwit I was living with towards the end of my time on this site.
Πανδώρα: AAAARRRGHHH. That is all.
Claire: Lisa I love Lisa, kindest regards to Lisaaaaa
Crinkle-Cut Beatroot: Eating Jaffa Cakes thinking about WLW...
Πανδώρα: Beefy cheesemas to all, and to all a gravy brie
Rayanne Graff: Happy Easter.

Page: