School shooting 'a sign of Amish progression'

Posted In: News. Reading This Thread:

9th Oct 2006 at 11:37 am

oh my god oh my god oh my god

Quote: Opium
I didn't think Bully had actually been released yet due to Daily Mail readers.

yeah it was just the first "controversial" game to come to mind
ACME gay test

1. you gay?
2. Homo say what?
"like im gonna fall for that old tri....what?"

9th Oct 2006 at 11:38 am

oh my god oh my god oh my god

Quote: Dalek

Tom and Gary, 2gays spent all weekend in bed having sex.  On Sunday Tom says to Gary 'i'm going too the shop, don't be w*nking while i'm away'.  When he came back there was cum all over the walls and ceiling! Tom says 'i told you not to w*nk while i was away!' Gary says 'i didn't - i farted'.

sick but extremly funny.
here's one Deb sent me -

Why do people like Emo Grass?
Cause it cuts itself

ACME gay test

1. you gay?
2. Homo say what?
"like im gonna fall for that old tri....what?"

Dalek

| 412 posts

9th Oct 2006 at 11:41 am

Stand and Deliver!!

I think i can see new thread starting - 'Sick jokes and Satire' - i'm on it..

Chris Kamara

| 24,049 posts

9th Oct 2006 at 11:46 am

Chris Kamara -

Finally we have something that's stirred up a bit of controversy for the front page. Nice one, Joel.

Albert Johanneson

| 14,477 posts

9th Oct 2006 at 1:38 pm

Albert Johanneson - Outside-left

Outside-left

Even South Park know where to draw the line - believe it or not.

Yes, that's why they made Chef the leader of a peadophile cult.

Dr Namgge

| 14,541 posts

9th Oct 2006 at 1:41 pm

Quote: Token_Negro
Even South Park know where to draw the line - believe it or not.

Yes, that's why they made Chef the leader of a peadophile cult.

he wasn't made leader, they just turned him into a Darth Vader-esque member.
A Random Link
I don't give a f*ck you f*cking f*ck!

Quote:
You should try being me, I injure myself on an hourly basis in stupid and childish ways. I nearly gave myself a heart attack this morning when I stood on a glove.

Albi The Racist Dragon

| 7,432 posts

9th Oct 2006 at 2:56 pm

Yes, people (ie me) would still be making jokes if it was British or whatever.  Everything's open for satire, otherwise it just loses its point and becomes lame.

Don't get up yourself - I'm not as sickened as you think.  I just feel it's important for people to know the facts before they start joking about it  -thats the least we can do.  Besides it's a free country in which anyone can write what they like be it in bad taste or not.  I'm just waiting for you to start joking about Holly and Jessica - i suppose they deserve nice a bit of satire as well as they were young girls - they probably asking for it...

Even the most satirical of comedians know when to draw the line.

Funny you should mention that actually...

(from last year)

[http://card.mygamercard.net/gbar/joelsaysyeah.gif]

[http://www.vegetablerevolution.co.uk/uploads/698876.jpg]

Dalek

| 412 posts

9th Oct 2006 at 3:13 pm

Stand and Deliver!!

not sick but not that funny either - not enough angle or edge. A nice try though.

Dalek

| 412 posts

9th Oct 2006 at 4:36 pm

Stand and Deliver!!

oh pedantic one, you can make your own decisions on satire - i'll let you.

Dalek

| 412 posts

9th Oct 2006 at 10:26 pm

Stand and Deliver!!

Good idea Alice - and bonus points could be awared to the first person who mentions Paul Hunter - y'know, being topical and all that.

Dalek

| 412 posts

10th Oct 2006 at 9:26 pm

Stand and Deliver!!

Dr Namgge

| 14,541 posts

11th Oct 2006 at 8:18 am

Quote: Lilac_Leopard
What is good about this thread is, as Martinface said, it's prompted some bloody discussion on the Front Page. When Andrew proposed the idea of a front page everyone could contribute to, I was looking forward to it, but until now it's been something of a non-starter. With so many witty/talented/creative people on VR, that's a bit sad.

The problem lies in the fact that no-one actually seems to have any idea what is and what isn't front page material. Save for the actual announcement that VR has been re-updated to include it's front page again, all content so far is made up of what is essentially leftovers of the personal columns Pub Talk MkII, and The Abyss.

This topic was never posted on the front page anyway, it was moved here. If more possible front page topics were moved to the front page when they appeared, people might start to get an idea of appropriate content. So far the only thing I can think of that canbe considerred front page material aside from attempts at satire, is genuine member news, like births, weddings, and deaths.
A Random Link

Quote:
You should try being me, I injure myself on an hourly basis in stupid and childish ways. I nearly gave myself a heart attack this morning when I stood on a glove.

Dalek

| 412 posts

11th Oct 2006 at 11:04 am

Stand and Deliver!!

South park do though - there's a big difference between fact, fiction and climate of the subject matter.

Dr Namgge

| 14,541 posts

11th Oct 2006 at 12:19 pm

Quote: Puffalump
I'm just waiting for you to start joking about Holly and Jessica - i suppose they deserve nice a bit of satire as well as they were young girls - they probably asking for it...

Even the most satirical of comedians know when to draw the line.

Too late. already been done. Not by me I add.

Also I wouldn't say South Park know where to line at all, ever see the one with the aborted foetuses? Poor taste indeed.

South Park usually justifies itself by actually proving a point about something, in some episodes at least; inspite of it's often crude nature. Admittedly there are some episodes which are purely there for the cheap laugh, but a fair few episodes do make a good point about certain issues.
A Random Link

Quote:

Tobias Fünke

| 4,730 posts

11th Oct 2006 at 2:25 pm

Tobias Fünke  - I blue myself.

I blue myself.

South Park is different, by the fact of them KNOWING WHAT THE F*CK THEY ARE DOING. And of course, being ANY good.

That is all.
Analrapist.

Dissimulation

| 5,671 posts

11th Oct 2006 at 11:52 pm

Dissimulation -

How come my pictures got removed? Or is it okay to satirise dead children..just not members of VR?

Dr Namgge

| 14,541 posts

12th Oct 2006 at 12:10 am

Quote: sexyPhil
VR isn't an outlet for whatever petty disagreements people want to hold against people. It's not a battle ground.
I don't really care how well the subject could have given it back, I'm not going to sit here every time I see a personal attack and make a judgement call on whether the person on the other end could deal with it. It's one rule.

[highlight]People should be able to come one VR without fear of someone having a go at them. I don't like everybody on this site, but I don't go making them uncomfortable to be here.
[/highlight]
So in short, yes. Satirising dean children is fine, satirising other members is off limits.

I assume you mean satirising without consent.

Also the highlighted point is a very good one.
A Random Link

Quote:

Dr Namgge

| 14,541 posts

12th Oct 2006 at 12:14 am

Having my sister on here made me very uncomfortable, as you already know.

I didn't try to make Liz uncomfortable, I just scared her off.

and yes I am a hypocrite, and I don't care. it's better for everyone (including her) that she's not here now.
A Random Link

Quote:

Dalek

| 412 posts

12th Oct 2006 at 11:37 am

Stand and Deliver!!

People are missing the whole point of satire, and the examples shown on this thread have been poor.
Satire serves a purpose - it takes something bad/good and twists it, makes fun/light of distasteful events - poking the finger at peoples interuptations - highlighting our fears and pejudices - but does this in such a way that the common person can see we shouldn't fear but instead stand up to the evils of the world if not challenge them.  The jokes about 9/11 stick two fingers up to the terrorists 'we will never surrender'; making fun of peadophiles helps us to come to terms with something that horrifies any parent - (note though that the victims portrayed in this are fictional and not factual unlike the example shown on this thread as these examples take the p*ss out of the victims and not the perpertrators).
Making fun of Holly and Jessica and the five girls slaughtered by a paedo do NOT  do any of this.  Instead these examples only serve one purpose and this IS making fun of dead people for a quick, cheap laugh.  I can not see the funny side to this, creativity or any educational purpose either.
I like satire - half of my DVD collection is satirical -  i like bad taste jokes but I also know when to tell them and when they are better off not told.
I know examples of bad satire can be seen on the web and on text messages - but these ARE bad examples made by people who are bad at making satire.

Just because we can do something it doesn't mean we should.

This is NOT a personal attack - just my personal view.  If anyone disagrees, pm me - I know its a sore issue with some.

All the best.

Edited by Dalek Oct 2006

Albert Johanneson

| 14,477 posts

12th Oct 2006 at 1:20 pm

Outside-left

What the f*ck? Jamie and Joel is merely just daft laddish banter. They don't dislike each other, and have both told me such. That picture was f*cking great and Joel would have giggled at it, and done one of his own.

Shall i change my screen name now incase a black person joins...

Dalek

| 412 posts

12th Oct 2006 at 1:58 pm

Stand and Deliver!!

Why would a black person be offended? Have you meant it to offend? After all, you haven't named yourself, 'Token N*gg*r.'

Albert Johanneson

| 14,477 posts

12th Oct 2006 at 2:34 pm

Outside-left

Why would a black person be offended? Have you meant it to offend? After all, you haven't named yourself, 'Token N*gg*r.'

I went for Negro deliberately, as it was the term used for 'negroes' back in the 50's and 60's in the US when all the Civil Rights changes were going on. It was the (pretty outdated) term to use but still sounded remotely offensive and segregational. It's a play on there being no black VR'ers (which i don't actually care about, you shouldn't have to have quotas to fill) so i've gone for an outdated term. I almost modernised it and put 'Token N*gg*r', but wanted to go old fashioned.

It was more an attempt to get a rise out of the PC'er-than-thou types that seem to f*cking everywhere these days.

Dalek

| 412 posts

12th Oct 2006 at 3:15 pm

Stand and Deliver!!

You rebel, I'd hoped that was what you were doing.

I can't see a problem with it.

Big nose strikes again

| 2,343 posts

12th Oct 2006 at 7:20 pm

Why would a black person be offended? Have you meant it to offend?  After all, you haven't named yourself, 'Token N*gg*r.'

I went for Negro deliberately, as it was the term used for 'negroes' back in the 50's and 60's in the US when all the Civil Rights changes were going on. It was the (pretty outdated) term to use but still sounded remotely offensive and segregational. It's a play on there being no black VR'ers (which i don't actually care about, you shouldn't have to have quotas to fill) so i've gone for an outdated term. I almost modernised it and put 'Token N*gg*r', but wanted to go old fashioned.  

It was more an attempt to get a rise out of the PC'er-than-thou types that seem to f*cking everywhere these days.

My dad's black. I think someone else here is mixed race at least...
[

Albert Johanneson

| 14,477 posts

12th Oct 2006 at 7:40 pm

Outside-left

Quote: The_Fastest_Milkcart_In_The_West

Cool. You don't give a sh*t though, you'd have mentioned it before if you did.

Dissimulation

| 5,671 posts

13th Oct 2006 at 2:44 am

Dissimulation -

I have a black soul.  

Albert Johanneson

| 14,477 posts

13th Oct 2006 at 12:40 pm

Outside-left

Quote: Czech_people_have_no_souls

I have a black soul.

I think you're mistaking 'soul' with 'heart and conscience'

Colin

| 10,038 posts

16th Oct 2006 at 7:06 am

Colin -

It's a lucky coincidence that Token Negro is discussed in the same thread as South Park.
http://www.myspace.com/papertruth
[http://www.vegetablerevolution.co.uk/resources/uploads/gerrard.jpg]

Freshly Squeezed Cynic

| 6,189 posts

18th Oct 2006 at 9:10 pm

Freshly Squeezed Cynic - apparently the big pink bastard is me

apparently the big pink bastard is me

Quote:

Did it work?

Albert Johanneson

| 14,477 posts

24th Oct 2006 at 5:20 am

Outside-left

Quote: Freshly_Squeezed_Cynic
Quote:

Did it work?

Nobody has said anything as such yet.

You wanna be startin' somethin' there foo'?

SEE OTHER ACCOUNT

| 1,786 posts

24th Oct 2006 at 11:04 am

Quote:

Did it work?

OMG!!! You are, like, so out of order!! I've got a friend who's got a friend who's Dad once saw a black person in the street. That means I fully understand everything to do with race relations and your use of the term "Token Negro" is offensive for some reason. If ever we meet in the street, I will hand you a leaflet and you will understand and empathise with exactly where I'm coming from. I'm going to help educate you.

Albert Johanneson

| 14,477 posts

24th Oct 2006 at 12:31 pm

Outside-left

Quote: Ken_Lerner
Quote:

Did it work?

OMG!!! You are, like, so out of order!! I've got a friend who's got a friend who's Dad once saw a black person in the street. That means I fully understand everything to do with race relations and your use of the term "Token Negro" is offensive for some reason. If ever we meet in the street, I will hand you a leaflet and you will understand and empathise with exactly where I'm coming from. I'm going to help educate you.

Shut the f*ck up motherf*cker.

SEE OTHER ACCOUNT

| 1,786 posts

24th Oct 2006 at 1:07 pm

Πανδώρα: Beefy cheesemas to all, and to all a gravy brie
Rayanne Graff: Happy Easter.
IGH: Just who was The Brigadier
ratammer: squeak
IGH: Wibble
Vel: *sigh*
Emma: Hi VR...
Princess Psycho: Hi I am back in the UK so how are everyone been keeping. Has Fluffy had that little accident yet?
Claire: SHOUTBOX OF VRRRRRR
Rayanne Graff: Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
Lucozade Lover: Happy New Year!
Crinkle-Cut Beatroot: Happy new year <3
Claire: BOXSHOUT
Rayanne Graff: Happy Easter.
Emma: So… Posting a new thread is Fission Mailing… so I’m putting this here.
Emma: I know there aren’t many people looking at this anymore… but I have made the decision to stop paying for the VR hosting and to let the domain lapse.
Emma: I think it will be going offline around the end of May
Emma: It’s been almost 10 years since James passed away… and I feel like it’s time.
Emma: A lot of the regulars can be found on the VR veterans group on Facebook - if you see this and you’re not in there, come join us.

Page: