Fitness Thread

Posted In: Main. Reading This Thread:

Chris Kamara

| 24,049 posts

5th Sept 2008 at 5:39 pm

Chris Kamara -

Although I have Creatine to thank for that, probably.

Chris Kamara

| 24,049 posts

5th Sept 2008 at 5:53 pm

Chris Kamara -

Ronnie Coleman is the man

Albert Johanneson

| 14,477 posts

5th Sept 2008 at 6:05 pm

Albert Johanneson - Outside-left

Outside-left

Quote: biggaginge
Quote: farmer_jack

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I've also just found out that eggs now make me physically sick after ingestion so I need to find another source of protein for brekky, other than fish as I dont want to reek for work. Looks like Steak may be back on the menu...

Whey powder and water?

Albert Johanneson

| 14,477 posts

5th Sept 2008 at 6:07 pm

Outside-left

Quote: Squirrell_of_Doom

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I've also just found out that eggs now make me physically sick after ingestion so I need to find another source of protein for brekky, other than fish as I dont want to reek for work. Looks like Steak may be back on the menu...

Whey powder and water?

I like eating proper stuff, so steer clear of all that, much prefer to whip up some lean bacon chops in the morning.

Steak and cheese toastie it is then!

Chris Kamara

| 24,049 posts

5th Sept 2008 at 6:09 pm

Chris Kamara -

I'm trying to eat around 20g of protein with every meal. Trying to have 5 meals a day, but it's usually 4. I'll get there though. Looking forward to seeing how I've progressed around the end of this month.

Albert Johanneson

| 14,477 posts

5th Sept 2008 at 6:19 pm

Outside-left

Quote: Wierd_Welshgirl
Quote: Squirrell_of_Doom
Quote: Wierd_Welshgirl
urgh, I'm joining this thread.

I just weighed myself and after a summer of office work, and eating meals that can only be described as sugary lard with added carbs I'm now 10st2 I'm still 5ft8, so my bmi is 21.5.

That in itself doesn't sound too bad, but I could apparently lose a stone and a half and still be ideal weight for my height :-[

As of yet, I have no real thoughts on diet and exercise, but I assume if I stopped eating 3 packs of cheese a week, a similar number of tubs of ice cream, and actually drank a bit less I'd be well on the way.
I'm not hugely sure if I'm willing to do that though, so I may attempt that whole exercise thing!

Yeah but at Leeds, pretty much every guy you walked past wanted to give his left nut up for you. Looking great doesn't even cover it.

if you ever met the stick insects that pass for my mum and sisters, you'd understand!

People shouldn't be thin though! We should all have a little bit on us.

Chris Kamara

| 24,049 posts

5th Sept 2008 at 6:54 pm

Chris Kamara -

I'm trying to eat around 20g of protein with every meal. Trying to have 5 meals a day, but it's usually 4. I'll get there though. Looking forward to seeing how I've progressed around the end of this month.

How much cardio are you doing?

Very little indeed. Boxing with weights in my hand, walking to the gym, footy once a fortnight. That's about it. I burn most of my fat through lifting weights. I'll know when I get to a certain point that I'll have to add 20-30 minutes of cardio each day to my routine, but for now I'm happy just adding muscle.

learrggh

| 5,670 posts

6th Sept 2008 at 5:24 pm

learrggh -

I um, well, I still haven't started stretching. :-[

Going to Center Parcs next week, so if I don't eat lots of crappy 'I'm on holiday, f*ck you, calories' food the exersize will do me well.

Chris Kamara

| 24,049 posts

7th Sept 2008 at 6:05 pm

Chris Kamara -

Pretty much 13 stone now, although I'm still 5'10". I'll have to find out my body fat but I suspect it to be around 12%.

Chris Kamara

| 24,049 posts

9th Sept 2008 at 6:19 pm

Chris Kamara -

Nice one. Progress is good.

As for me, I've trained hard the last two days. Fully intend to train hard tomorrow, Thursday and Friday as well. The only downside is I have to go tomorrow morning, as apposed to evening like usual. Alas, at least I'll be on time for work.

Chris Kamara

| 24,049 posts

11th Sept 2008 at 7:20 pm

Chris Kamara -

Missed the gym yesterday as we had family round, so I was hellbent on making up for it with a solid session today. I was doing alright until I dropped 40kg on my middle finger. Cut scene, a big bag of ice and a black nail. Can't grip properly now either; it better not hinder me tomorrow.

Chris Kamara

| 24,049 posts

11th Sept 2008 at 7:25 pm

Chris Kamara -

It's a pain in the a*se having setbacks. Especially when mentally you're completely up for it.

Chris Kamara

| 24,049 posts

11th Sept 2008 at 7:29 pm

Chris Kamara -

Aye all being well mate. I'm sure my finger will work again come tomorrow. It's not really that bad but it was painful enough at the time. 40kg landed on about 1cm of my finger from about a 10 inch drop, I'm lucky I didn't break it.

Chris Kamara

| 24,049 posts

11th Sept 2008 at 7:35 pm

Chris Kamara -

Aye I know, the bloke next to me sh*t himself. "F*CKING HELL MATE ARE YOU ALRIGHT, SH*T!"

I went 'F*CK ARRRGH F*CK!' then went to the sink to run cold water under it and it ballooned. Went to the front desk for some ice and sat there for three quarters of an hour with it. By that time the swelling went right down, and now it looks alright. It went black straight away though so the nail will probably just fall out. More arsed about having to stop my session to be honest.

Chris Kamara

| 24,049 posts

12th Sept 2008 at 5:43 pm

Chris Kamara -

Gave it a good 80 minutes on the weights today, my sore finger wasn't a hindrance. Tempted to get up early in the morning to go to the gym but I can't really be shelling out extra travel expense at the moment.

Albert Johanneson

| 14,477 posts

12th Sept 2008 at 7:39 pm

Outside-left

Gave it a good 80 minutes on the weights today, my sore finger wasn't a hindrance. Tempted to get up early in the morning to go to the gym but I can't really be shelling out extra travel expense at the moment.

Walk. Even if it's 30 minutes. It will be a decent warm up.

Chris Kamara

| 24,049 posts

12th Sept 2008 at 7:59 pm

Chris Kamara -

That's not a bad idea; I'm not sure how long it would take. 30-40 minutes at a guess. Bit stuck for time tomorrow but I'll see what happens. Having said that, I've got to get the bus to town, so if I just got an all day pass I could use it in the morning for the gym. Funky.

Chris Kamara

| 24,049 posts

13th Sept 2008 at 7:13 am

Chris Kamara -

I'm up. The gym beckons

Chris Kamara

| 24,049 posts

13th Sept 2008 at 9:35 am

Chris Kamara -

Haha, "f*ck 'em", says The Doc.

Πανδώρα: Beefy cheesemas to all, and to all a gravy brie
Rayanne Graff: Happy Easter.
IGH: Just who was The Brigadier
ratammer: squeak
IGH: Wibble
Vel: *sigh*
Emma: Hi VR...
Princess Psycho: Hi I am back in the UK so how are everyone been keeping. Has Fluffy had that little accident yet?
Claire: SHOUTBOX OF VRRRRRR
Rayanne Graff: Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
Lucozade Lover: Happy New Year!
Crinkle-Cut Beatroot: Happy new year <3
Claire: BOXSHOUT
Rayanne Graff: Happy Easter.
Emma: So… Posting a new thread is Fission Mailing… so I’m putting this here.
Emma: I know there aren’t many people looking at this anymore… but I have made the decision to stop paying for the VR hosting and to let the domain lapse.
Emma: I think it will be going offline around the end of May
Emma: It’s been almost 10 years since James passed away… and I feel like it’s time.
Emma: A lot of the regulars can be found on the VR veterans group on Facebook - if you see this and you’re not in there, come join us.

Page: