Singledom

Posted In: Rants. Reading This Thread:

Albert Johanneson

| 14,477 posts

9th Feb 2010 at 11:33 pm

Albert Johanneson - Outside-left

Outside-left

Sometimes I genuinely wonder if you find the most wrong-for-you, inaccessible, issued guys and make yourself like them.

LoonyPandora

| 17,916 posts

10th Feb 2010 at 1:10 am

LoonyPandora - Daft Cow?

Daft Cow?

Quote: The Underwhelmed One, Feb 2010
That's not that bad... is it?

I gave him all but one of my red starbursts today!!

I may as well just smash my chest open, and present him with my heart and some studded boots so he can stamp away.

Well, reading what you say about him & his missus, my bullsh*t alarm was blaring full blast...

In the style of numerous authors I present:

Translation from horny guy speak to English.

Quote:
'never been mentioned and although her facebook says she's in a relationship with him if you go to look at it, he's hidden that info on his'.

I don't want to look unavailable if someone better comes along.

Quote:
Admittedly, it's not moved much beyond talking a hell of a lot, both timing tea making breaks to coincide,

I like flirting with sexy girls. Especially when other people can see how cool I am.

Quote:
him buying me a creme egg, galaxy caramel egg and cadbury caramel egg, offering to take me out for a curry, making cups of tea when I'm on lunch, making excuses to come and talk to people in the room I work in and telling me I'm beautiful...

If I buy her presents, she will like me. And flirt with me more. And maybe sleep with me. I would like that. I will tell her she's beautiful, because women like compliments, and I read on the internet somewhere that it's better to say "beautiful" rather than sexy. So I will tell her she's beautiful. Then maybe she will let me have sex with her.

Quote:
He's only had two girlfriends ever, one for four years while he was at uni, and now, this girl, six years later, for however long it's been.

I would quite like to be a man-wh*re like all my friends were in uni, but I liked the security of a relationship while still flirting with people. Now, with my girlfriend far away, I can finally realise my dream of having my cake and eating it.

Quote:
But he supports her, despite them being in a rubbish relationship which went wrong two years ago when they broke up Christmas 2007, because she only came to england to study because of him.

I decided she was a bit sh*t after I got her here, so I dumped her flabby a*s. I think it makes me look sensitive to act like I feel guilty about this, but I only actually support her when I want to. She's thousands of miles away, what can she do if I'm not online on MSN?

Quote:
So he's paying out several thousand pounds so she can do that.

I owe her several thousand pounds, because I stole her money to fuel my heroin addiction.

Quote:
He also said that he knew how he was acting was wrong, but it's been so long since he felt like he was in a proper relationship that he forgets most of the time that he is, and then feels terrible when he realises.

I am high as a kite.

Albert Johanneson

| 14,477 posts

10th Feb 2010 at 1:46 am

Outside-left

Once more, Mr Aitken is bang on the money.

Jewbacca

| 6,793 posts

10th Feb 2010 at 8:38 am

Jewbacca -

What?

Quote: LoonyPandora, Feb 2010
Quote: Babestation, Feb 2010

But then, I suppose I don't really know what's going on with him and I don't want to ask in case it's bad and how do you ask that kind of thing anyway?

I'd start with a simple, so when does blah blah blah get back from Japan, and go from there. You can follow that up in an infinite number of ways, but if he doesn't give too much away, I'd probably ask him what the secrets are too a successful long distance relationship - so you can pass on some much-needed advice to a friend of yours. If you conclude from a bit of digging he seems happy with her, forget him. If he gives you reason to believe things aren't working out with this girl, take it from there.

She's not coming back, she's going from there straight to India in August and from there who knows.
But he supports her, despite them being in a rubbish relationship which went wrong two years ago when they broke up Christmas 2007, because she only came to england to study because of him.
So he's paying out several thousand pounds so she can do that.

There was a whole heap of other stuff, but basically that's one hell of a situation.

He also said that he knew how he was acting was wrong, but it's been so long since he felt like he was in a proper relationship that he forgets most of the time that he is, and then feels terrible when he realises.

This may be too messy

But he and I have just... clicked.

Gah!

You and your man choices... Couldn't make that sh*t up.

That's not that bad... is it?

I gave him all but one of my red starbursts today!!

I may as well just smash my chest open, and present him with my heart and some studded boots so he can stamp away.

I wouldn't listen to anyone here, they're obviously just jealous that you're off the market
AAAAAAARRRRRRRGHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!

Albert Johanneson

| 14,477 posts

11th Feb 2010 at 2:12 pm

Outside-left

Dinglebutt

| 11,949 posts

11th Feb 2010 at 6:49 pm

Dinglebutt - I aim to misbehave

I aim to misbehave

Quote: Darren, Feb 2010
Quote: Parmaynu, Feb 2010
Quote: Lisbeth Salander, Feb 2010
Quote: Parmaynu, Feb 2010
Also on a single person note.

Is there some kind of secret signal that beams out to ex boyfriends that you're no longer in any kind of contact with shortly after you and someone have broken up?

AND! Does anyone on VR have any use for a pair of size 12 mohair walking socks (yeah, this should have been a sign that we weren't meant to be) that I bought to make my ex boyfriend happy?

Short of burning them, they're wasted on me!

If they've got nowhere else to go I'm sure I could use them, if you're sure you're gonna burn them.

*Cough* Willy wamers

Too small for that but they might fit on my feet.

Wait. They are, or you are?

Zing

George has been well and truly Zung with that one
Mal: Appears we got here just in the nick of time. What does that make us?
Zoë: Big damn heroes, sir.
Mal: Ain't we just.

Topper

| 6,773 posts

12th Feb 2010 at 2:27 pm

Topper - Dismantling a person is sometimes necessary...

Dismantling a person is sometimes necessary...

Valentine's Day on Sunday, surely the worst day of the year?
I hope some day, for some reason, David Duchovny is investigated by the FBI. Because that would make a great story.

http://www.myspace.com/toppercutter

Rayanne Graff

| 76,001 posts

12th Feb 2010 at 2:40 pm

Rayanne Graff - River Phoenix

River Phoenix

Quote: Abacus, Feb 2010

It isn't just Valentine's Day; it's also Chinese New Year.
*[http://www.vegetablerevolution.co.uk/uploads/549604.jpg]*

Albi The Racist Dragon

| 7,432 posts

13th Feb 2010 at 8:18 pm

Seriosly. Whant the f*ck am I doing. I couldn't flirt more with eve if I tried. Granted she's not happy in her relationship bit that really doesn't excuse it.

See, I'm now of the opinion that you shouldn't worry about this sort of thing, it's definitely not going to stop me. My last two relationships have ended because of other blokes, so I figure yknow, kill or be killed.
[http://card.mygamercard.net/gbar/joelsaysyeah.gif]

[http://www.vegetablerevolution.co.uk/uploads/698876.jpg]

Captain Stupendo

| 2,235 posts

13th Feb 2010 at 10:28 pm

Captain Stupendo - snarf!

snarf!

Cheaper though
Never take life seriously.

Delirium Tremens

| 1,875 posts

13th Feb 2010 at 11:24 pm

Delirium Tremens -

Riding a bicycle of hedgehogs having sex in a bag over a fat lady in a bath

Jewbacca

| 6,793 posts

16th Feb 2010 at 12:28 am

Jewbacca -

You get any chocolate oranges? They're available from Rawlinsons y'know.

Πανδώρα

| 15,328 posts

16th Feb 2010 at 12:44 am

Πανδώρα -

Boobies.
*burp*

Jewbacca

| 6,793 posts

16th Feb 2010 at 3:33 pm

Jewbacca -

Quote: Paula, Feb 2010
Quote: Martoolraptor™, Feb 2010

Fact: I have never in my whole life been given anything for a valentines day gift

Well you probably didn't want one of these chocolate oranges anyway there's superficial damage to the boxes.

Rayanne Graff

| 76,001 posts

16th Feb 2010 at 5:45 pm

Rayanne Graff - River Phoenix

River Phoenix

Quote: Lisbeth Salander, Feb 2010

Fact: I have never in my whole life been given anything for a valentines day gift

Me either.

(i did make you a card in 2009; so it's sort of a gift that i made it.)
*[http://www.vegetablerevolution.co.uk/uploads/549604.jpg]*

Πανδώρα

| 15,328 posts

16th Feb 2010 at 10:02 pm

Πανδώρα -

pfffft. i've never even gotten a card, let alone anything else

not even a joking one, or one meant to be mean. or a pathetic one from my mum.
emma got one. and jonathan. but she's never given me squat!
*burp*

Organised Confusion

| 3,982 posts

16th Feb 2010 at 11:15 pm

Me neither, and I couldn't care less.

Alec

| 1,347 posts

17th Feb 2010 at 1:07 am

Alec - Bing Bong Changes

Bing Bong Changes

Quote: Eddie Wachowski, Feb 2010

pfffft. i've never even gotten a card, let alone anything else

not even a joking one, or one meant to be mean. or a pathetic one from my mum.
emma got one. and jonathan. but she's never given me squat!

That's because the restraining order forbids me from knowing where you live.

Albi The Racist Dragon

| 7,432 posts

17th Feb 2010 at 12:16 pm

Like Darren I'm incapable of talking to anyone I don't know. However somehow last night I managed to have two cute girls start convos with me. I should really start making an effort with how I look before I go out more. One of them ended pretty quickly when she turned out to be 18 and said "I like music you can sing along to, you know, on the radio" but the other one was gorgeous and we were dancing for ages until I went off to be sick. Worth a facebook message? She's a friend of a friend and I've met her before so it's not gonna be that creepy... is it?

Albi The Racist Dragon

| 7,432 posts

25th Feb 2010 at 12:00 am

Not that I'm a snob or anything, but if a cute girl rubbishes Muse, Interpol and Bloc Party, then brings up Travis and Ocean Colour Scene instead, that's an instant dismissal right?

OK, I am a snob. Beggars can be choosers

Topper

| 6,773 posts

28th Feb 2010 at 7:10 pm

Is it just me, or is it really this hard to hook up with someone?

Yes, it is. Well, for people like me it is anyway.

19 year old wanted to just be friends but has since got back in contact moaning at the fact I've not spoken to her at work prompting me to just basically tell her that she messed me about, only for her to say she only wanted to be friends as she wasn't ready for a relationship and she knew I wanted a girlfriend. I didn't! Basically, that combined with her text begging me to not go celibate when I can have her = she just wanted to bonk me. I'm not sure how I feel about that. She said she hasn't stopped liking me apparently so she's basically messing with my head again, but being an easily manipulated and naive div head and with her being so hot I'm now intereted again. I hate myself sometimes.

Internet dating websites? I'm half-considering it, what do people think?
I hope some day, for some reason, David Duchovny is investigated by the FBI. Because that would make a great story.

LoonyPandora

| 17,916 posts

28th Feb 2010 at 7:36 pm

LoonyPandora - Daft Cow?

Daft Cow?

Quote:
she knew I wanted a girlfriend. I didn't!

Quote:
she just wanted to bonk me. I'm not sure how I feel about that.

So what did you want? Not a girlfriend, but you didn't like the idea of being used for sex?

Topper

| 6,773 posts

28th Feb 2010 at 10:10 pm

Quote: LoonyPandora, Feb 2010
Quote:
she knew I wanted a girlfriend. I didn't!

Quote:
she just wanted to bonk me. I'm not sure how I feel about that.

So what did you want? Not a girlfriend, but you didn't like the idea of being used for sex?

I said I didn't know how I felt about it, which I didn't; it's a very new experience for me! I've only had one sexual partner so it would be a big deal for me. I don't think I knew/know what I want though tbh, it's one of my many problems but I do know I was very honest with her about everything, we'd only got to the stage of admitting we liked each other really, no further. I didn't want a girlfriend straight away with her but maybe down the line that could have materialised.
This whole thing is such a mystery to me.

Πανδώρα: Beefy cheesemas to all, and to all a gravy brie
Rayanne Graff: Happy Easter.
IGH: Just who was The Brigadier
ratammer: squeak
IGH: Wibble
Vel: *sigh*
Emma: Hi VR...
Princess Psycho: Hi I am back in the UK so how are everyone been keeping. Has Fluffy had that little accident yet?
Claire: SHOUTBOX OF VRRRRRR
Rayanne Graff: Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
Lucozade Lover: Happy New Year!
Crinkle-Cut Beatroot: Happy new year <3
Claire: BOXSHOUT
Rayanne Graff: Happy Easter.
Emma: So… Posting a new thread is Fission Mailing… so I’m putting this here.
Emma: I know there aren’t many people looking at this anymore… but I have made the decision to stop paying for the VR hosting and to let the domain lapse.
Emma: I think it will be going offline around the end of May
Emma: It’s been almost 10 years since James passed away… and I feel like it’s time.
Emma: A lot of the regulars can be found on the VR veterans group on Facebook - if you see this and you’re not in there, come join us.

Page: