Singledom

Posted In: Rants. Reading This Thread:

Topper

| 6,773 posts

17th Nov 2009 at 5:39 pm

Topper - Dismantling a person is sometimes necessary...

Dismantling a person is sometimes necessary...

Hi VR, it's been quite a while since I started a thread and I realise I've been extremely inactive on this site over the past, well, couple of years, I guess and that's in no way related to anybody here, although you are all massive sh*ts, obviously That said, I feel like a bit of a rant/update is in order and although you may not care if you've read this far you'll probably finish now, let's be honest

Some may know I was in a very serious long-term relationship I entered into when I was 18 (my first proper g/f). That ended about 2 months ago and it was about as good a conclusion to a 7 and a half year relationship as one could hope for; basically, as cliched as it sounds, we wanted different things - her living together, marriage and kids (probably in that order) and me, well, not. Not sure exactly why, but that's my problem. She was an amazing girlfriend and the first part of the rant is that why did I not feel like I wanted the next logical step with someone I cared so much for? It bothers me. Secondly, why do I not regret the decision massively, like I half-hoped I would? What the feck is wrong with me? I'm nothing special and had a fit as f*ck girlfriend who adored me, understood me and I'm now alone because I decided I didn't want all the normal stuff people do want with people they care about as much as I did. It also feels worse than anything I could imagine to have destroyed someone who I cared about so much, even if I feel I did it for all the right reasons.

Anyway, those demons will probably come to a head at some point and I'll probably just explode or something but the other part of my rant is about being single, something I've not experienced since before I was technically an adult! I shouldn't moan about it because I've chosen the road myself and now I must walk it, or rather, awkwardly amble up it, probably embarrassing myself at every junction. There's another girl...I must stress she only came into light post-relationship but there is, undeniably another girl. She's another quite ridiculously hot one too, who I have great chemistry with and erm, stuff. It's coming to a head but I don't know if I want it as I feel horrible moving on knowing my ex is still hurting so bad. I realise that I am coming across as a tw*t here "yeah, I had a great girlfriend who I dumped and I'm moaning about it and now I have another attractive girl on the cards and I'm moaning about that too", but my life as always been so simple and stress free and I always ignored things and now my life feels like a somewhat subdued episode of Skins. Bloody hell.

Anyway, I'm out, not sure what, if anything I want in in response to this but hey, good to be back properly and hope I can catch up with some of you lot online a bit more and maybe even meet up at a meet or something, be nice to meet some of you ugly lot in person, so keep me posted about meets!
I hope some day, for some reason, David Duchovny is investigated by the FBI. Because that would make a great story.

http://www.myspace.com/toppercutter

Albert Johanneson

| 14,477 posts

17th Nov 2009 at 5:59 pm

Albert Johanneson - Outside-left

Outside-left

Alex, when the time is right for you, all that 'normal people' stuff will happen. It might be 1 year, 5 years, 10 years, but the important thing to remember is that you shouldn't (and clearly haven't) rush[ed] in to something to appease someone else - in the long run, that is going to be more beneficial to your happiness.

It seems you and Sarah had reached a fork in the road, and it's a shame that after 7.5 years, you couldn't reach a compromise over things, but at the same time, it sounds like you're remaining friends without all that 'lets be friends' speil, unless I've missed something.

A reason why you don't feel racked with guilt over it might be because it's the right thing to do for you both. If you'd have gone along with the 'normal people' routine, it would have quickly become evident that you didn't want to be there, and that may have been detrimental to your relationship and friendships.

You've made an important decision, stuck by it, and appear to have done your best to minimise the pain to both of you. All I can say to that is good luck, and hope whatever you decide to do bodes well for you.

I Cunt Spell

| 4,650 posts

17th Nov 2009 at 9:28 pm

I Cunt Spell -

Hello young man.
I have much sympathy as I recently finished my relationship of 5 years (since I was 16). I also didn't feel like I wanted to move in with him and this was the biggest contributing factor to the split. It was also incredibly amicable and I also don't regret it or feel very guilty. Freakishly similar circumstances actually.

In a less freakishly similar way I don't have any potential love on the horizon, and I'm probably not the best person to give advice right now.
What I do know is that just because you finished it doesn't mean you aren't entitled to any of the feelings you have and everyone gets a rebound.
If you continue to worry about your ex's feelings you'll never get over (or properly out of) your relationship. The best thing to do is have a clean break and totally selfishly do whatever the f*ck you think is best for you.

Hope this helps.

Puffalump

| 22,943 posts

17th Nov 2009 at 10:32 pm

Puffalump - Because cake is happiness

Because cake is happiness

Hi Alex! I don't have any helpful advice like other people to give, but I hope you're ok, and also /slaps for the "I'm nothing special" bit. Hopefully see you again at some point for more chocolate and wit
Wife of the lovely Alice

Rayanne Graff

| 76,001 posts

17th Nov 2009 at 11:10 pm

Rayanne Graff - River Phoenix

River Phoenix

i don't have any advice either.

But welcome back anyroad, mofo. Even though you never went anywhere.
*[http://www.vegetablerevolution.co.uk/uploads/549604.jpg]*

Claire

| 15,814 posts

18th Nov 2009 at 1:59 pm

Claire - Darren is most certainly not my god!

Darren is most certainly not my god!

Alexamatron! Hello there! I am ecstatically glad that you are alive and have not been eaten by any carnivorous woodland creatures. I am supersorry to hear about you and the Sarahtron splitting up, but at the end of the day you couldn't give her what she wanted, whatever the reason for that was, and you shouldn't feel guilty about it because as much as she's hurting she wouldn't want you to lie to her only to freak out when she pops out your sprog and run for t'hills. Regarding this new bird, you perhaps should talk it over with old bird (your ex not your Mum, ho ho), to see if she is comfortable with it. She can't begrudge you happiness if she knows you can't give her what she wants and the best thing to do, especially if you had a reasonably amicable split, is be honest with her. She may be angry, because women are irrational bitches, but eventually she will appreciate the honesty, I'm sure. If you would like to talk about this further, I would offer my services on MSN/Facebookchat (nearlywrote facebookcat. I want a facebook cat) but I'm not frigging Dear Deirdre.

All of my love and fluids,
Rick Flair x x
Coloured Lilac And Insults Rarely E(Anymore)

Quote: Claire, Jun 2005
Basically, I'm just mangling and regurgitating what everyone's already said.

I’m really glad that the quote in my signature is a teenager.
Joint best Mod 2009. Officials.

Winner of most longstanding mod in the history of the internet. Or at least most resillient/lifelacking VR staff member 2012.

Topper

| 6,773 posts

18th Nov 2009 at 7:05 pm

Thanks for the advice and nice words

I was supposed to be going out with new girl after work but it sort of fell through due to a series of unfortunate incidents. I'm disappointed about that.

Lastly, it may go without saying, but no mention of me opening up and my situation on Facebook (those who "have" me) if you please, there are eyes everywhere. Not literally.
I hope some day, for some reason, David Duchovny is investigated by the FBI. Because that would make a great story.

Carpet Remnant

| 11,715 posts

18th Nov 2009 at 7:07 pm

Carpet Remnant -

I think your first post in this thread has a higher word count than all your other posts combined since I joined VR. This is good, I like you and I am glad you're 'back'.
I'm sorry about you and Sarah but you definitely seem to have had good reasons, I hope things work out for you

Sorry for the lack of advice or anything of that nature but I'm not good at all that stuff.

Topper

| 6,773 posts

22nd Nov 2009 at 8:13 am

I'm now going to use this thread to give you irregular updates on my single life, which may prove comical due to my innate inability to be charming, cool or any of the other qualities that seem necessary to impress or woo the opposite sex.
As I said in my last post, the "date" with new girl had to be sort of cancelled but went out on our lunch break together on Friday for a pub lunch and topped ourselves up on last break with a quick drink too. Getting along massively well. I'm more comfortable with her than most girls as the basis of our bond seems to be our ability to rip the sh*t out of each other without taking offence (largely because we know we don't mean it).
Going out with her after work one day this week which i'm looking forward to, I just worry about starting something new at this stage, I mean, from her perspective it must be pretty intimidating too; if I was getting along really well with someone who had just got out of a 7.5 year relationship with their only real girlfriend i'd be a bit daunted myself. I've already accidentally called her Sarah once but luckily she was too drunk to remember. Really can't do that again.

I Cunt Spell

| 4,650 posts

22nd Nov 2009 at 6:56 pm

I Cunt Spell -

I don't mean to be rude but are you sure getting straight into another relationship is the best thing for you?
(I'm not suggesting it isn't I just wondered if you'd thought about it)

Topper

| 6,773 posts

22nd Nov 2009 at 11:31 pm

I've obviously thought about it loads, yeah and no I'm not sure, I'm not sure at all but I'm not even sure it'll happen like that anyway, may just be a bit of fun, may be nothing at all. Only one way to find out though and to be fair she's a really, really nice girl who knows the situation.

I've always been the sort of person who over-analyses most of life's decisions and now I've made such a big one I feel as if I've earned the right to just go with the flow a little bit and just see what happens and what life throws at me. As long as I'm honest along the way I think I'll be alright.

I Cunt Spell

| 4,650 posts

23rd Nov 2009 at 7:10 pm

I Cunt Spell -

Good answer.

Topper

| 6,773 posts

26th Nov 2009 at 10:59 pm

Think I've sh*tted it up with new girl due to my inability to not drink and text.

However, a 19 year-old girl at work has asked me to the cinema Saturday and I sort of accidentally said yes. She's very nice and very attractive but she's 19...Seems wrong in a weird sort of way but it's only a trip to the cinema, I'll cross any certain bridges when and if I come to them...

History For Sale

| 6,560 posts

27th Nov 2009 at 10:45 am

Now our history is for sale....

Ahhhhh, long term breakups!

My advice- don't get into anything too serious for AT LEAST a year after. Otherwise yuo'll end up drifting from one bad relationship to another, like I did whan I split up with Kevin. Ok, I left it 3/4 months but I was so not ready for it.

Play the feild a bit. I'm not saying go manwh*re like I did those first 3 months (well, womanwh*re ) but little dates to the cinema and stuff are a good idea.

Also, so what if she's 19. I mean, my last bloke is 34, and we split up because HE wasn't ready for any committment. Age does not equal maturity.

So yeah, just enjoy your little bit of freedom, without rubbing it in Sarahs face.

I only want you to see
My favourite part of me
And not my ugly side
Not my ugly side

[http://furcadia.com/banners/images/DownloadB2.gif]

Topper

| 6,773 posts

29th Nov 2009 at 3:10 pm

Good advice, Cagster

The "date" was actually rather nice with the 19 year-old although I'm not sure it was a date. How do you define a date? Does someone actually have to mention the word date? We know each other a bit at work, have a chat etc and she asked me to go see the new Twilight film with her. We then got some food and went for a drink...She's single, knows I'm single and kept going on about how cold it was in the cinema (which it wasn't) until I put my arm around her (apparently my coat was insufficent in the fight against the cinema coldness). I didn't do anything else and she also kept holding my arm around town. I know women are complex but am I safe in assuming she may like me there or do I need a written admission first?

Pope of Chilli Town

| 12,089 posts

29th Nov 2009 at 6:48 pm

Pope of Chilli Town -

Quote: Abacus, Nov 2009
Good advice, Cagster

The "date" was actually rather nice with the 19 year-old although I'm not sure it was a date. How do you define a date? Does someone actually have to mention the word date? We know each other a bit at work, have a chat etc and she asked me to go see the new Twilight film with her. We then got some food and went for a drink...She's single, knows I'm single and kept going on about how cold it was in the cinema (which it wasn't) until I put my arm around her (apparently my coat was insufficent in the fight against the cinema coldness). I didn't do anything else and she also kept holding my arm around town. I know women are complex but am I safe in assuming she may like me there or do I need a written admission first?

Stick your lips on it and if she doesn't recoil in abject horror you'll be right, then pummel here and f*ck her off, she'll be ruined after that.

Dissimulation

| 5,671 posts

29th Nov 2009 at 8:12 pm

Dissimulation -

This. Take the initiative and ask her out on a second 'date'. if/when the opportunity presents itself, be confident and make your intentions clear.
I mean, what was she wearing to be that cold in a cinema? Assuming the girl was dressed for the occasion and isn't suffering from poor circulation, both that and holding your arm around town, seems like a green light to me mate. I mean, the arm thing is almost a subconscious 'this one's mine'. It's definitely nowhere near as vague as the signs of interest a lot of women will give you to work with.

Go for it!

Topper

| 6,773 posts

29th Nov 2009 at 10:24 pm

I'll see her Tuesday and see how things are. She makes a refreshing change from headf*ck girl who I sort of messed up with so hopefully I won't need to think much.

I Cunt Spell

| 4,650 posts

29th Nov 2009 at 11:03 pm

I Cunt Spell -

Quote: Abacus, Nov 2009
I'll see her Tuesday and see how things are. She makes a refreshing change from headf*ck girl who I sort of messed up with so hopefully I won't need to think much.

I don't know how you're managing it.
I wouldn't even know what to do with male attention right now.

Topper

| 6,773 posts

29th Nov 2009 at 11:09 pm

I'm pretty good at surpressing.

Topper

| 6,773 posts

4th Dec 2009 at 7:04 pm

Got a second date next Tuesday with 19 year-old. she agreed fairly readily to it and I was actually reasonably charming for, perhaps, the first time in my life...mainly because I stole Bernard from Black Books' "do you eat, I eat, want to do it in the same room some time?" line. I'm pretty sure she'll never watch Black Books so I think I'm safe to not have to admit I stole that.

Jingle

| 4,578 posts

4th Dec 2009 at 7:51 pm

Jingle - WOO-HAH!

WOO-HAH!

It sounds like she is well into you insisting on a cuddle in cinema! When I go to the cinema on not-a-date I'm terrified that the guy will try to put his arm around me, I don't know what I'd do. Definitely not a friend thing in my opinion.

Claire

| 15,814 posts

4th Dec 2009 at 8:15 pm

Alexatron, you studmuffin.

Winner of most longstanding mod in the history of the internet. Or at least most resillient/lifelacking VR staff member 2012.

John Cage Bubblegum

| 6,555 posts

4th Dec 2009 at 8:26 pm

John Cage Bubblegum -

I've been single for longer than I care to remember. It's a bit sh*t to be honest.

Thanks for reading
Peter Kenyon has a medal

Carpet Remnant

| 11,715 posts

4th Dec 2009 at 8:36 pm

Carpet Remnant -

I have been single for soooooooooooooooo long. It's my own fault.

Claire

| 15,814 posts

4th Dec 2009 at 8:39 pm

It is stupid women's fault, George. Blame women, it will make you feel better, and is also more truthful. My impression of you is as a bloke who would look after a lass and who would make her laugh and feel special and I'm sure most here, if not all, would agree.

I Cunt Spell

| 4,650 posts

4th Dec 2009 at 8:42 pm

I Cunt Spell -

And you have a very long tongue.
Thumbs up.

Carpet Remnant

| 11,715 posts

4th Dec 2009 at 8:42 pm

Carpet Remnant -

Quote: Claire, Dec 2009
It is stupid women's fault, George. Blame women, it will make you feel better, and is also more truthful. My impression of you is as a bloke who would look after a lass and who would make her laugh and feel special and I'm sure most here, if not all, would agree.

I'd disagree with you for various reasons but I don't want to hijack Alex's thread

Carpet Remnant

| 11,715 posts

4th Dec 2009 at 8:43 pm

Carpet Remnant -

Quote: Valerie Holliday, Dec 2009
Thumbs up.

I can touch my nose and everything *smug*

I Cunt Spell

| 4,650 posts

4th Dec 2009 at 8:45 pm

I Cunt Spell -

Quote: Kid A, Dec 2009
Thumbs up.

Then they clearly just don't know what they're missing.

Claire

| 15,814 posts

4th Dec 2009 at 8:47 pm

I'd disagree with you for various reasons but I don't want to hijack Alex's thread

Sod it, VR is dying, post where you like. Alexatron is probably off somewhere with his hareem, he won't mind. I guess I just think you need to believe in yourself more, man. There are so many sh*te men in the world who treat everyone like crap and don't think about anyone but themselves. You are better than them, you need to know that.

Carpet Remnant

| 11,715 posts

4th Dec 2009 at 9:10 pm

Carpet Remnant -

Sod it, VR is dying, post where you like. Alexatron is probably off somewhere with his hareem, he won't mind. I guess I just think you need to believe in yourself more, man. There are so many sh*te men in the world who treat everyone like crap and don't think about anyone but themselves. You are better than them, you need to know that.

I do know that, women need to know it. Though some know and still reject me because they like 'bad guys'.
I do actually know a couple of girls who I think I could have a good chance with, however, I don't make a move because they are BORING. Which is a hateful thing to say but it's TRUE.

Topper

| 6,773 posts

4th Dec 2009 at 9:11 pm

Hijack away! And George, I would agree with Claire based on what I know of you and the little everyone else says.

Out of interest, for peeps like Tom, George and me, what is it about getting people of the opposite (or same!) sex to be interested? If you're not highly sexy what's everyone's methods?

I think this should be turned into a general single thread where people can report on their quests for love/sex and the rest of VR can give advice where appropiate *nods*

Topper

| 6,773 posts

4th Dec 2009 at 9:19 pm

Double post...

I think confidence is key from my limited single career. Before meeting and going out with Sarah I had no confidence whatsoever with women; I'd physically retreat from interraction with women who liked me and have no confidence to talk to the ones I really did like. Now I know I must be at least alright to have tricked, I mean, convinced, a girl like Sarah to like me so what's to get in my way of twisting another reasonably attractive girl's arm into going out with me? And even if she doesn't like me it won't have the horrible scarring effect it used to because I now do have more confidence.

Another difference for me is the fact I'm not overly arsed since breaking up with Sarah. The cliche is that you find love when you're not looking for it and whilst I don't entirely agree with that it does directly apply to me; I've not really tried the last couple of months and have just concentrated on getting myself together and, particularly the last month or so, having a good time.

That's my tuppence.

Πανδώρα

| 15,327 posts

4th Dec 2009 at 9:39 pm

Πανδώρα -

weellll, i know my problem is confidence

generally i don't have any whatsoever and i take too long to feel comfortable around people & come out of my shell

i mean... i locked myself in a toilet for 10 minutes the last time i went out >_>

i came out because i realised i was being an idiot, but yeah
*burp*

Pope of Chilli Town

| 12,089 posts

4th Dec 2009 at 9:42 pm

Pope of Chilli Town -

Quote: I.R. baboon, Dec 2009
weellll, i know my problem is confidence

generally i don't have any whatsoever and i take too long to feel comfortable around people & come out of my shell

i mean... i locked myself in a toilet for 10 minutes the last time i went out >_>

i came out because i realised i was being an idiot, but yeah

Confidence is a growing thing, back when I was a shattered husk of a man, prior to my rebirth as an all conquering gargantuan WINNER with the mind of a f*cking scientist and a c*ck like a Burmese python, I tried to focus on the little wins, chatting to new people, just getting out, then taking it from there and remembering those little WINS the next time you feel a bit sh*t, then building on them, till you're just one huge f*ck off ball of WIN, bitchslapping sh*t all over the f*cking show.

In summary; Hang in there

Rayanne Graff

| 76,001 posts

4th Dec 2009 at 10:02 pm

Rayanne Graff - River Phoenix

River Phoenix

Thumbs up.

i didn't know George had a long tongue but i s'pose that Veg Rev is full of amazing discoveries.
*[http://www.vegetablerevolution.co.uk/uploads/549604.jpg]*

Animal

| 32,547 posts

5th Dec 2009 at 12:23 am

Animal -

Quote: Abacus, Dec 2009

Out of interest, for peeps like Tom, George and me, what is it about getting people of the opposite (or same!) sex to be interested? If you're not highly sexy what's everyone's methods?
I find clubbing them over the head helps...

Nah, last girl I ended up seeing was the sister to my then guitarist, he had spent ages banging on to her and in turn me about how well we'd get on... Figures he was right.. More right than he was expecting (To the point where he actually banned us from meeting for ages for this very reason). So erm, having mates bang onto folk about how awesome you are or how well you'd get one maybe?
http://www.dasburros.com

The world isn't run by weapons anymore, or energy, or money. It's run by little rabbits and zeroes, little bits of data. It's all just electrons.

Cycling Antics

Claire

| 15,814 posts

5th Dec 2009 at 12:28 am

For me, attractive in a bloke is:

Honesty
A little, but not too much, confidence
Humour
Ability to make conversation because I can't

The hardest of those really is confidence. If you don't have it, it's hard to get, but it's always something you can work on.

Animal

| 32,547 posts

5th Dec 2009 at 12:55 pm

Animal -

The hardest of those really is confidence. If you don't have it, it's hard to get, but it's always something you can work on.

Actually, I find it just kinda comes and goes with me.

For example. Katie, I met her for the first time at Ryna's first gig and was kinda struck by her, but said nothing. We met up many months later at her brothers birthday and instantly hit it off, anyone who knows me knows I'm not overly confident or able to start and maintain conversations easily. Even with people I'm close to. With Katie I was the exact opposite, was chatty, confident, funny charming... Completely not who I am in day to day life, just who I can be when the mood grabs me. Same with when I met most of my ex's the first time to be honest.. Hell same with people I currently really like but am too smitten to say anything to.
http://www.dasburros.com

The world isn't run by weapons anymore, or energy, or money. It's run by little rabbits and zeroes, little bits of data. It's all just electrons.

Cycling Antics

Jewbacca

| 6,793 posts

5th Dec 2009 at 5:24 pm

Jewbacca -

At any one time I have at least five girls after me.
AAAAAAARRRRRRRGHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!

I Cunt Spell

| 4,650 posts

5th Dec 2009 at 6:11 pm

I Cunt Spell -

Quote: Marton™, Dec 2009
At any one time I have at least five fingers in me.

Claire

| 15,814 posts

5th Dec 2009 at 6:12 pm

Quote: Marton™, Dec 2009
At any one time I have at least five girls after me.

If you will insist on standing outside their houses touching yourself, they're going to call the police, I've TOLD YOU!

Jimmy

| 4,271 posts

6th Dec 2009 at 10:23 pm

Jimmy -

Quote: Abacus, Dec 2009

Hijack away! And George, I would agree with Claire based on what I know of you and the little everyone else says.

I think this should be turned into a general single thread where people can report on their quests for love/sex and the rest of VR can give advice where appropiate *nods*

Confidence, like everyone else has said, is key.

I don't consider myself attractive, but I don't really find going out with girls very difficult, it depends though. I mean anyone can pull in a nightclub, and what you do to pull a girl can directly affect what you get out of it. A cheesy chat-up line will get you a slap or sex if she thinks it's cute. A compliment will get you a slap or a date and rohypnol will get you pretty much anything you want and a prison sentence.

Trying to go out with a girl you already know is hard though, I've always found it hard to steer clear of the dreaded "friend zone" myself. I went out with a girl from work once and it didn't really take that much; chatting, compliments and a lot of flirting got me a date and a further three months of going out with her before I eventually realised she was an asshole.

Anyway, for girls confidence is all you need, aprt from remembering to be yourself. It's cliché, I know, but it's very true. For guys it's a different story, but I'll leave that for another thread!
I like Jesus but he loves me so it's awkward.

Jewbacca

| 6,793 posts

7th Dec 2009 at 1:29 am

Jewbacca -

Confidence is a preference.

wombat

| 8,154 posts

7th Dec 2009 at 11:03 am

wombat - Technically sexy.

Technically sexy.

Ever noticed how you treat people different based on how attractive they are.

For example, if an attractive person you don't know smiles at you on the street you think 'aww, they're nice' but if they aren't attractive you just think they are weird.
Southern hemispherical rat boy

I Cunt Spell

| 4,650 posts

7th Dec 2009 at 12:09 pm

I Cunt Spell -

Quote: wombat, Dec 2009

For example, if an attractive person you don't know smiles at you on the street you think 'aww, they're nice' but if they aren't attractive you just think they are weird.

Apparently scientific testing shows people would give a longer sentence to an unattractive person than an attractive person for the same crime too.
Bring back eugenics I say.

Jewbacca

| 6,793 posts

7th Dec 2009 at 3:08 pm

Jewbacca -

Quote: wombat, Dec 2009

Apparently scientific testing shows people would give a longer sentence to an unattractive person than an attractive person for the same crime too.
Bring back eugenics I say.

Unless it's a woman and the crime is fraud-related, in which case the more attractive ones get longer sentences.

I Cunt Spell

| 4,650 posts

7th Dec 2009 at 8:05 pm

I Cunt Spell -

I've been told (because everyone has their input these days) that the best time to meet someone is actually a few months after you've finished and you can't be arsed to try anymore so you're more yourself than any other time. Who agrees with this?

Also, from a conversation I had with James today, does it make a difference whether you're the dumper or dumpee on how easy you find it to get back into the swing of dating/rebounding?

LoonyPandora

| 17,916 posts

7th Dec 2009 at 8:10 pm

LoonyPandora - Daft Cow?

Daft Cow?

I've been told (because everyone has their input these days) that the best time to meet someone is actually a few months after you've finished and you can't be arsed to try anymore so you're more yourself than any other time. Who agrees with this?

I can attest to the truthiness of that statement.

Also, from a conversation I had with James today, does it make a difference whether you're the dumper or dumpee on how easy you find it to get back into the swing of dating/rebounding?

Took me less time as the dumper to get back into the swing of things. Though it didn't work out well, maybe it only appears to take less time when you are the dumper, when in actual fact you ain't ready for the same length of time.

Πανδώρα: Beefy cheesemas to all, and to all a gravy brie
Rayanne Graff: Happy Easter.
IGH: Just who was The Brigadier
ratammer: squeak
IGH: Wibble
Vel: *sigh*
Emma: Hi VR...
Princess Psycho: Hi I am back in the UK so how are everyone been keeping. Has Fluffy had that little accident yet?
Claire: SHOUTBOX OF VRRRRRR
Rayanne Graff: Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
Lucozade Lover: Happy New Year!
Crinkle-Cut Beatroot: Happy new year <3
Claire: BOXSHOUT
Rayanne Graff: Happy Easter.
Emma: So… Posting a new thread is Fission Mailing… so I’m putting this here.
Emma: I know there aren’t many people looking at this anymore… but I have made the decision to stop paying for the VR hosting and to let the domain lapse.
Emma: I think it will be going offline around the end of May
Emma: It’s been almost 10 years since James passed away… and I feel like it’s time.
Emma: A lot of the regulars can be found on the VR veterans group on Facebook - if you see this and you’re not in there, come join us.

Page: