Singledom

Posted In: Rants. Reading This Thread:

Tobias Fünke

| 4,730 posts

20th Jun 2010 at 11:33 pm

Tobias Fünke  - I blue myself.

I blue myself.

And you might just be right, Dan. I am a happy soul, happier than Leisure Suit Larry.
Analrapist.

LoonyPandora

| 17,916 posts

20th Jun 2010 at 11:35 pm

LoonyPandora - Daft Cow?

Daft Cow?

Quote: Albert Johanneson, Jun 2010
but to make myself more fulfilled as a person and see how this comes through. In terms of radiance, I still think it's a case of happy soul = confident soul.

Smart words.

Albert Johanneson

| 14,477 posts

20th Jun 2010 at 11:41 pm

Albert Johanneson - Outside-left

Outside-left

Quote: Darren, Jun 2010
Quote: Albert Johanneson, Jun 2010
See I don't necessarily agree with 'being yourself' either for the most part. If I'm being myself and it's not doing anything for the situation, I start to look at what I could change not to appeal to opposite sex, but to make myself more fulfilled as a person and see how this comes through.
So you're saying you effectively lie to the other person? (I'm not saying you do, its just this is how I interpret what you have said.)

See, if I'm trying to hit on someone, I jut let things flow, but I make a point of never stepping outside of who I am, reason being that if something happens and it ends up going somewhere, things would more than likely become unravelled very quickly.

In terms of the confidence thing, I actually find the above approach of working in the confines of my personality and knowing exactly what I am and aren't capable of and what will and wont wash in terms of the long term for exploring things I want to exemplify about myself or to push down about myself works very well for appearing to be much more confident than I feel at the time, which of course helps in terms of attraction.

No, it means if 'being myself' isn't working, I take stock of what's going on in my life and whether it could be having an effect on my happiness and whatnot. The most important thing to clarify about is that I'm not trying to impress anyone else with that, just looking after number 1. The rest follows.

And yes Scott, I have thought about it!

Rayanne Graff

| 76,001 posts

22nd Jun 2010 at 10:15 am

Rayanne Graff - River Phoenix

River Phoenix

i don't understand the idea of confidence; i've never had any, though.
*[http://www.vegetablerevolution.co.uk/uploads/549604.jpg]*

Little Blue Fox.

| 4,256 posts

22nd Jun 2010 at 12:53 pm

Little Blue Fox. - Hope is important.

Hope is important.

Quote: Barrington Smash, Jun 2010
Quote: Super Nintendo Chalmers, Jun 2010
Quote: Barrington Smash, Jun 2010
Quote: Eyes Wide Terrified., Jun 2010
Quote: Ariel, Jun 2010
A girl called Amanda asked me for a date on tuesday. It is really surprising, I think! I was not sure what I should say. I has never happened before, ever! I am not sure howcome would want to ask me.

I said no because I really like someone else, already - it would be really dishonest and unfair, I think. I did not want to be really rude and flippant at-all, and also I did not want to upset her at-all.

She is really pretty and sweet, I think, but I just want to be her friend. Please does it make sense at-all? Am I really horrilbe and unfair?

How is progress with Mystery Girl? Does she know?

Oh gosh - it is ok, I think. We went to a comedy show in Canterbury with her sister and my friend on sunday - it was really cool and fun. It is really neat to be regular friends and talk about lots of silly things, I think, but I really want to tell her too. I am not sure. I am really worried everything will be really muddled and scatty.

Tell her, now, the longer you leave it, the harder it gets.

Phil is right. Love is like the yolk of a fried egg. Leave it too long and it gets harder. But, get it on time, and it's great for sticking your sausage into

Smash the egg too early and there's goo everywhere and people regretting eating in the morning.

Try to juggle too much love and you might end up with egg on your face

I hope DJ is taking notes on all this. Valuable information

Thank you for all the advice you gave me. It is really helpful! I should not be a chicken, I think!
Also, cook eggs properly and no juggling - it really makes sense!

(i am going to try to tell her before the end of the summer, i hope, i think).

Edited by Little Blue Fox. Jun 2010
It hurts too much not to try.
I will see you in another life when we are both cats.
Quod perditum est, in venietur.*Facebook.

Dissimulation

| 5,671 posts

22nd Jun 2010 at 1:11 pm

Dissimulation -

(i am going to definitely tell her before the end of the week, I will, without hesitation).

Topper

| 6,773 posts

28th Jun 2010 at 9:25 pm

Topper - Dismantling a person is sometimes necessary...

Dismantling a person is sometimes necessary...

Got a date this Saturday and she is smoking hot. I'm nervous and aroused.

If I were to use smileys to provide a visual representation of these conflicted emotions I'd go for : This is basically the 'jizz my pantz' smiley in my case.
I hope some day, for some reason, David Duchovny is investigated by the FBI. Because that would make a great story.

http://www.myspace.com/toppercutter

Dinglebutt

| 11,949 posts

28th Jun 2010 at 9:42 pm

Dinglebutt - I aim to misbehave

I aim to misbehave

Quote: Abacus, Jun 2010
Got a date this Saturday and she is smoking hot. I'm nervous and aroused.

If I were to use smileys to provide a visual representation of these conflicted emotions I'd go for : This is basically the 'jizz my pantz' smiley in my case.

Mal: Appears we got here just in the nick of time. What does that make us?
Zoë: Big damn heroes, sir.
Mal: Ain't we just.

Topper

| 6,773 posts

28th Jun 2010 at 9:48 pm

I'd just watched that video
I hope some day, for some reason, David Duchovny is investigated by the FBI. Because that would make a great story.

Dinglebutt

| 11,949 posts

29th Jun 2010 at 10:05 pm

I aim to misbehave

Is 10 years older too much older for someone my age? Or rather, is 10 years younger too young for someone being chatted up by someone my age?

Woman I kinda like, not too sure what the status is with her, but she's really nice. Managed to start texting her tonight, not sure whats happening though

(Also, not sure about the 10 years, only guessing that based on something her twin sister said. Might ne a nit less, or might be a bit more)

Rayanne Graff

| 76,001 posts

30th Jun 2010 at 5:15 am

River Phoenix

I wouldn't be too arsed, me Dad is ten years older than me Mam

i wouldn't be *rsed either as the fiancé is 12 years older than me.

Rayanne Graff

| 76,001 posts

30th Jun 2010 at 5:23 am

River Phoenix

Morning to you too, mofo.

Dinglebutt

| 11,949 posts

30th Jun 2010 at 8:06 am

I aim to misbehave

Not too fussed about the age myself, moreso wondering if she would be. I've been single for about 24 years now. Death (mine or hers) probably still wouldn't be an issue for me

LoonyPandora

| 17,916 posts

30th Jun 2010 at 5:58 pm

LoonyPandora - Daft Cow?

Daft Cow?

Ffffffuuuuuuu

[stuff]

So, what say you VR has my general obliviousness thwarted me yet again?

To buck the trend, I say no. How many times did we give out iChat and messenger addresses to customers to test things? And they knew our names. And we got horribly p*ssed off when they used it for things other than testing.

wombat

| 8,154 posts

30th Jun 2010 at 6:12 pm

wombat - Technically sexy.

Technically sexy.

Yeah, I hate to say it Darren, but even if she fancied you, she'd have to be incredibly forward to outright try and pick you up whilst she was working.

Like you said, I hope she's thee when you go in next- then you may know better.
Southern hemispherical rat boy

LoonyPandora

| 17,916 posts

30th Jun 2010 at 8:45 pm

LoonyPandora - Daft Cow?

Daft Cow?

Quote: LoonyPandora, Jun 2010
Ffffffuuuuuuu

[stuff]

So, what say you VR has my general obliviousness thwarted me yet again?

To buck the trend, I say no. How many times did we give out iChat and messenger addresses to customers to test things? And they knew our names. And we got horribly p*ssed off when they used it for things other than testing.
Never? I know I didn't I always had a test account in place for it.

And to be honest, my suspicion was it was merely my ego talking and not the truth of the matter.

Ah well. Nothing lost.

Alright, it was just that did that then. But my point remains.

Topper

| 6,773 posts

30th Jun 2010 at 8:58 pm

Went out on what wasn't technically a date with a girl tonight but had a whale of a time We've been sort of friends for a few years from when we used to work together at Somerfield when we were both at uni and have kept in casual contact since and have now met up twice for drinks and it's been good both times. Hmm, we'll see.

Albert Johanneson

| 14,477 posts

1st Jul 2010 at 10:36 am

Outside-left

Quote: wombat, Jun 2010
Yeah, I hate to say it Darren, but even if she fancied you, she'd have to be incredibly forward to outright try and pick you up whilst she was working.

I'm not sure about that, I've used service jobs as a cover for my ultimate intention. I got so much poon working in bars in Manchester and just being your typical cheeky bartender. She might just be reversing the gender roles in this case.

Then again, she might just have been exceptionally good at her job. After all, Darren is now talking about her, and will probably go back there and purchase from her again.

learrggh

| 5,670 posts

2nd Jul 2010 at 2:49 am

learrggh -

Dunno where else to post it so. Some guy tried to pick me up while I was waiting for James at the Southbank Centre today. Apparently shuffling around a pterosaur exhibit sweating more than should be humanly possible is attractive.
Chap seemed so nervous. Was lulsy.

Dinglebutt

| 11,949 posts

2nd Jul 2010 at 1:25 pm

I aim to misbehave

Think I might definitely be in with a chance with the girl I was talking about. She told me to, and I quote, "send (her) a text to let (her) know when I've moved in"

That has to be a signal. She didn't say it in a seductive way or wink or anything, because that would have been inappropriate with a line full of people behind me waiting to pay for breakfast rolls and bottles of coke, but that has to be a signal. She lives in the same general area, so I'm guessing she'd come over to help warm the house, and maybe more

Albert Johanneson

| 14,477 posts

3rd Jul 2010 at 1:48 am

Outside-left

Quote: "biggaginge
per Nintendo Chalmers|1258479588|822845|1278083717"]Quote: Barrington Smash, Jul 2010
Think I might definitely be in with a chance with the girl I was talking about. She told me to, and I quote, "send (her) a text to let (her) know when I've moved in"

That has to be a signal. She didn't say it in a seductive way or wink or anything, because that would have been inappropriate with a line full of people behind me waiting to pay for breakfast rolls and bottles of coke, but that has to be a signal. She lives in the same general area, so I'm guessing she'd come over to help warm the house, and maybe more

Get it bummed.

For shizzle. I'll be very disappointed not to hear a tale of a*se over the pool table action soon.

Topper

| 6,773 posts

3rd Jul 2010 at 7:37 am

Quote: Abacus, Jun 2010
Went out on what wasn't technically a date with a girl tonight but had a whale of a time We've been sort of friends for a few years from when we used to work together at Somerfield when we were both at uni and have kept in casual contact since and have now met up twice for drinks and it's been good both times. Hmm, we'll see.

I've been thinking about above girl a fair bit since we went out Wednesday and she's been texting and Facebooking me every day since. She's reet nice. I'm surprisingly fickle when I want to be. Maybe the success of today's date isn't that big a deal.

learrggh

| 5,670 posts

4th Jul 2010 at 4:13 am

learrggh -

darren you let too many chances pass you by.

Albert Johanneson

| 14,477 posts

4th Jul 2010 at 5:05 pm

Outside-left

One of the very few people I've been recently interested in moved back home to Birmingham the other day. We'd seen each other a few times and I knew it was on her mind, but didn't expect her to go for another month or so. The messed up thing is that we didn't even have each others numbers/emails - she came in my bar, we got along very well, flirted etc, and she told me to come see her at her work, which I did. This happened a few times and it didn't even dawn on me that we hadn't swapped contact details because of how easy meeting up was.

Actually a tiny bit bummed out at this. Didn't even get a surname so I can't easily look her up online. All I know is that she's a Brummie called Amanda and has just completed an MA in a Journalism related subject at the University of Sheffield, and the name of the place she worked.

IGH: Just who was The Brigadier
ratammer: squeak
IGH: Wibble
Vel: *sigh*
Emma: Hi VR...
Princess Psycho: Hi I am back in the UK so how are everyone been keeping. Has Fluffy had that little accident yet?
Claire: SHOUTBOX OF VRRRRRR
Rayanne Graff: Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
Lucozade Lover: Happy New Year!
Crinkle-Cut Beatroot: Happy new year <3
Claire: BOXSHOUT
Rayanne Graff: Happy Easter.
Emma: So… Posting a new thread is Fission Mailing… so I’m putting this here.
Emma: I know there aren’t many people looking at this anymore… but I have made the decision to stop paying for the VR hosting and to let the domain lapse.
Emma: I think it will be going offline around the end of May
Emma: It’s been almost 10 years since James passed away… and I feel like it’s time.
Emma: A lot of the regulars can be found on the VR veterans group on Facebook - if you see this and you’re not in there, come join us.
Crinkle-Cut Beatroot: What's the facebook group called? I couldn't find it...

Page: