Things that make you want to Barry someone alive.

Posted In: Rants. Reading This Thread:

Πανδώρα

| 15,328 posts

9th Sept 2012 at 9:02 pm

Πανδώρα -

didn't realise that when i opted into this freedom freebie business that i'd
A. go through 300 texts in <2 weeks
and B. that i can't even buy another text pack to top up.

this is going to be a f*cking expensive month T_T

i barely text anyone as it is...
*burp*

Dinglebutt

| 11,949 posts

10th Sept 2012 at 1:04 pm

Dinglebutt - I aim to misbehave

I aim to misbehave

Bought one of those flip cases for my phone as the screen protector came off last week. It cost €15. Not bad, right?

Except for the fact that I bought it in Tesco and forgot a €10 note of my change in the self-service thing. So now the cover has cost me €25.

Then, while getting some lunch, I took the cover out and threw the packaging in the bin. When I got into my car, I realised that I would have to take the phone out of the flip case every time in order to put it into the car phone holder I have, which as my phone is also my music player, is very important. And then I realised that when I'm at home, I need to stand the phone upright in order to get reception, which this case doesn't allow. And because I've thrown away the packaging and the receipt, I can't return it.

So basically, I've just spent €25 on something I can't use. Go-Go-Gadget-Dumbass!
Mal: Appears we got here just in the nick of time. What does that make us?
Zoë: Big damn heroes, sir.
Mal: Ain't we just.

Πανδώρα

| 15,328 posts

10th Sept 2012 at 3:45 pm

Πανδώρα -

cover it in glitter & make a thong out of it.
*burp*

Dinglebutt

| 11,949 posts

10th Sept 2012 at 4:03 pm

I aim to misbehave

Maybe I could do both. 'Glitter Phone Flip Case Thong for Gypsies'.

And I can't say that quickly without saying the word "Clase". And If I try not to say the word "Clase", I say "Phlone".

Rayanne Graff

| 76,001 posts

15th Sept 2012 at 9:55 pm

Rayanne Graff - River Phoenix

River Phoenix

Why are you both looking at people's bums?
*[http://www.vegetablerevolution.co.uk/uploads/549604.jpg]*

Πανδώρα

| 15,328 posts

16th Sept 2012 at 8:08 pm

Πανδώρα -

This doesn't so much get me angry as it rather confuses me greatly.

mum went out this afternoon and came home with a 22" TV with a built in DVD player.

this replaces the 27" one we already had in this room.

doesn't really sound like much, but i've been in here all week at the dining table, watching films while getting bits & bats done, using my Vista tower on the TV and it's been bloody fantastic!
typing on this table is so damn comfortable and the screen was still easy to read, despite being across the room from me.

Granted the old TV doesn't have freeview and the scart/s-video & video in connections are all shagged (and can possibly be replaced, but whether or not just that card is the problem isn't really that easy to discover as the thing is 8 years old now.)
meaning attaching a freeview box or DVD player is next to impossible without going through a VCR first so it's end was quite near anyway, but it's still a very sad day
*burp*

Rayanne Graff

| 76,001 posts

16th Sept 2012 at 8:28 pm

River Phoenix

(i can hear some people outside and they're shouting. i wish they would shut up. Edit: Also, i think they're fighting each other.)

Rayanne Graff

| 76,001 posts

16th Sept 2012 at 8:40 pm

River Phoenix

Cool, they've stopped now. So my wish came true.

Dinglebutt

| 11,949 posts

20th Sept 2012 at 10:52 pm

I aim to misbehave

Downloaded update for iPhone using the iPhone itself (due to my download speeds, took almost 3 hours)

To complete it, you have to connect it to iTunes on the computer (so what's the f*cking point of being able to update over the phone)

Didn't work (which means phone is now in recovery mode with nothing on it)

So now, have to download update again and restore to last save point (download will take another three hours)

Which means, I'll be asleep when it finishes (meaning I have no idea if my alarm is going to go off)

I could download an alarm app for the iPad, but I have f*ck all battery left on it and can't charge it because the lead it being used to connect the phone to the laptop (meaning I have no idea if that alarm would go off, and because it's not a proper iPad app as iPads don't have an alarm app, it'll run down the battery quicker)

Why can't technology be f*cking simple? Really? They say there's more computing power in an iPhone than in what put men on the moon. I bet Neil f*cking Armstrong didn't have these problems.

Πανδώρα

| 15,328 posts

21st Sept 2012 at 1:13 am

Πανδώρα -

Quote: The f*cking Batman, Sept 2012

I'll be asleep when it finishes (meaning I have no idea if my alarm is going to go off)

I could download an alarm app for the iPad, but I have f*ck all battery left on it and can't charge it because the lead it being used to connect the phone to the laptop (meaning I have no idea if that alarm would go off, and because it's not a proper iPad app as iPads don't have an alarm app, it'll run down the battery quicker)

probably no help now as you'll be asleep, but you could set an event/task on the laptop to run an MP3 at a certain time to wake you

works. pain in the a*se to set up these days (as i have no idea where to find the thing to do it on win7 xp it was a lot easier) but better than waking up late if the computers going to be on anyway

anyway, i've had this stuck in my head all. f*cking. day.

oh Lisa what are you doing?

why i'm F*CKING UP THE CAT SHELTER I'M BUILDING BECAUSE YOUUUUUUUUUU JUST GOT LOKI'D, YOU JUST GOT LOOOOOOKI'D SON

but at least I'm not the only one.

WHEN THE F*CK WILL THIS END?!

IT'S UNCOMFORTABLE.
now i know why i don't watch things.
*burp*

Dinglebutt

| 11,949 posts

21st Sept 2012 at 7:41 am

I aim to misbehave

Quote: Πανδώρα, Sept 2012
Quote: The f*cking Batman, Sept 2012

I'll be asleep when it finishes (meaning I have no idea if my alarm is going to go off)

probably no help now as you'll be asleep, but you could set an event/task on the laptop to run an MP3 at a certain time to wake you

works. pain in the a*se to set up these days (as i have no idea where to find the thing to do it on win7 xp it was a lot easier) but better than waking up late if the computers going to be on anyway

Thought there might be something like that alright, but in the end, I just left a note for Dad to wake me as he's up a few minutes earlier than me. I ended up waking an hour early anyway, finished the iPhone (wouldn't finish itself, I had to do stuff), so I did end up with an alarm. Which is lucky because Dad never did wake me. He thought Mam left the note. He was just on his way down to wake her when I got up.

You'd think after being married to the woman for 33 years he'd recognise her handwriting. My handwriting does not look like hers.

From now on, if I have to leave him a note, I'm signing it 'Barry C.M. Lynch'.

Rayanne Graff

| 76,001 posts

21st Sept 2012 at 10:56 am

River Phoenix

(In June of this year, the fiancé bought some cat ornaments that he thought were 17th Century. But when we went on Antiques Roadshow with them, he found out that they were reproductions. So he ended up getting his money back from the charity shop where he bought them.

And the same thing has happened again. On Tuesday, he bought an ornament from a charity shop. It was the same charity but a different branch. On Wednesday, he went to a bloke who has an antique shop and was told that it was a reproduction. So i went to the charity shop with him. He told the woman there that he wanted his money back and mentioned about what the bloke from the antique shop said. She said that she didn't sell it as an antique. And the fiancé said Yes, you did. You said it was Staffordshire. And when he was trying to explain where the antique shop was, she interrupted him twice. First she said something about the shop being in the market. Then she thought it was somewhere else. * He said that she wasn't letting him get a word in. And she said she was trying to help. i don't see what's helpful about interrupting. He did get his money back, though, but he had to assert himself about that because she wanted to give him a credit note.

* i think it might have been a street name but i can't remember.)

Rayanne Graff

| 76,001 posts

21st Sept 2012 at 11:02 am

River Phoenix

(Also, i have sores on my chest and back and they've been there for a few days. Bleurgh. So i went to see the doctor today and she gave me a prescription for some cream and tablets. i think doctors' waiting rooms are depressing because people there don't want to talk to each other. i s'pose that's understandable, though.)

Πανδώρα

| 15,328 posts

22nd Sept 2012 at 3:51 pm

Πανδώρα -

Wow, i'm just so damn smart sometimes i actually amaze myself.

Putting the wireless cardi just got into my pc, I thought "y'know what? That heatsink is gummed up to f*ck, i'll take it off & clean it..."

Yeah.
I've just knocked my PC out of service until the middle of next week when i can get some new thermal paste =_=
*burp*

Πανδώρα

| 15,328 posts

23rd Sept 2012 at 2:19 am

Πανδώρα -

and tha fan on my laptop is driving me mental.

YOU ARE NOT A LAWNMOWER, STOP ACTING LIKE ONE!
*burp*

Rayanne Graff

| 76,001 posts

23rd Sept 2012 at 10:43 am

River Phoenix

(i s'pose i should put chowchilla* on my people i'm going to ignore list because it annoys me when people are arrogant and patronising and are deluded enough to think that they know everything. i don't think that anyone knows anything and people who think that they know everything tend to be full of sh*t.)

* Someone from another site i post on.

Edit: Well, maybe avoid rather than ignore. i will probably still read his posts but i think that i should try not to reply to any of them.

Second edit: i think chowchilla might be female rather than male. My point stands, though.)

Edited by Rayanne Graff Jan 2013

Rayanne Graff

| 76,001 posts

23rd Sept 2012 at 10:55 am

River Phoenix

(Tesco and Sainsbury's started selling Christmas food a few weeks ago. Charity shops have started selling Christmas cards. And i was sent a Christmas catalogue on Wednesday. i wish they would wait until November.)

Dinglebutt

| 11,949 posts

27th Sept 2012 at 9:06 am

I aim to misbehave

Boss sent me an email. Wanted me to send that email to the client, but from his computer (He's off today). Asked me to proof-read it to make sure it read okay and there were no spelling mistakes.

So, I typed in the subject line and their email address, copy and pasted what my boss had written, and read over it to make sure there were no mistakes.

[Send]

There.

Then when I printed it out (we keep paper copies of all emails sent and received), I noticed a spelling mistake. In the subject line which I wrote.

[http://runningtotheocean.files.wordpress.com/2012/08/genius-meme.png?w=538&h=414]

Πανδώρα

| 15,328 posts

30th Sept 2012 at 6:33 pm

Πανδώρα -

"I shouldn't have asked."

Damn f*cking straight you shouldn't have!

What the f*ck do you take me for?
A homewrecker i am not.

There's something wrong with anyone who would even consider doing that.
"keep it quiet"
This i will do. But... Ugh.
Seedy b*st*rd.
*burp*

Dinglebutt

| 11,949 posts

1st Oct 2012 at 7:41 am

I aim to misbehave

Y'know what? Screw it, I will stay up to watch the end of the Saints V Packers game. I'll be fine for work tomorrow.

*6 hours later*

(sleeps through first alarm)

*10 minutes later*

(sleeps through second alarm)

*15 minutes later*

(Dad has to physically shake me awake because I'll be late for work)

Rayanne Graff

| 76,001 posts

1st Oct 2012 at 6:03 pm

River Phoenix

(Today, i saw a dead squirrel and a dead bird. Poor animals.)

Πανδώρα

| 15,328 posts

2nd Oct 2012 at 1:47 pm

Πανδώρα -

Quote: Claire, Oct 2012
Quote: Πανδώρα, Sept 2012

Putting the wireless cardi

Oooh internet knitwear.

It's the latest fashion craze for the discerning personal computer
*burp*

Dinglebutt

| 11,949 posts

2nd Oct 2012 at 2:05 pm

I aim to misbehave

[http://stickerish.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/NowKissBlackSS.png]

New page. Well now this makes no f*cking sense, and that's something that makes me want to Barry someone alive

Rayanne Graff

| 76,001 posts

2nd Oct 2012 at 2:35 pm

River Phoenix

It's hardly unusual for you to not make sense.

Dinglebutt

| 11,949 posts

2nd Oct 2012 at 3:17 pm

I aim to misbehave

Do I make sense to me? Yes, for the most part.

Πανδώρα

| 15,328 posts

2nd Oct 2012 at 11:50 pm

Πανδώρα -

When I am near to you Lisa, the signals are so strong I feel like I could connect to Google

Google, myspace, twitter... baby, anything is possible
*burp*

Rayanne Graff

| 76,001 posts

3rd Oct 2012 at 2:25 pm

River Phoenix

(Today, i was in Sainsbury's with the fiancé. i accidentally bumped into an old woman. As i said in page 8 of a thread that's on page 3 of the Rants board and that is called things that get on your t*ts somewhat: i can't help that i have bad eyesight and hardly any co-ordination. She said, sarcastically: Oh, please, be my guest. i said, sarcastically: Thank you. She said: Rude thing. fred called me a thing once. fred is sh*t and the old woman is also sh*t. i said: Same to you. Then the fiancé asked what happened. So i said that an old woman was rude to me. And then i smiled and said that hopefully she would die soon. A couple of minutes later, he asked me what she said so i recited the conversation and said that she is a worthless freak. i saw her again a couple of minutes later but i didn't want to look at her so i looked at some detergents. Then i saw her when i was in the queue. Again, i avoided looking at her. Also, she was wearing a pink cardigan. i don't like cardigans.)

Rayanne Graff

| 76,001 posts

3rd Oct 2012 at 2:27 pm

River Phoenix

(Oh, and some bloke who was driving annoyed the fiancé because he didn't indicate. So we both had wrath today.)

Edited by Rayanne Graff Oct 2012

Πανδώρα

| 15,328 posts

3rd Oct 2012 at 2:34 pm

Πανδώρα -

Quote: Πανδώρα, Oct 2012
When I am near to you Lisa, the signals are so strong I feel like I could connect to Google

Google, myspace, twitter... baby, anything is possible

...Instagram?

I daren't even think of the possibilities [Love.gif]

Even twitpic if that floats your boat

Anyway. Today has been an absolute waste. Haven't gotten anything done through waiting for my sisters partner to bring the baby at 12.
He didn't turn up. So i waited, maybe he's coming later...
Turns out he's not coming until 6 today. Which would have been nice if i'd been told
*burp*

Πανδώρα

| 15,328 posts

5th Oct 2012 at 11:01 pm

Πανδώρα -

took the dogs out for a walk on thursday.

about 3 minutes from the dog i walks house, a small brown dog flies out of a garden. followed by a bigger white dog.

this one flew across the road and went straight for ruf who was on the lead, she screamed. ever heard a dog scream?
it's really not nice.
this was as she tried getting away, running into the road, the other dog and myself still attached to her with the lead, all into the path of an oncoming car, which thankfully slowed down.

she slipped her collar and ran behind me onto the path, the dog followed her so they circled.

at this point i put my hands down to try grabbing the white dog, failed.
at this point, jake who was walking without his lead and slightly ahead had come back down the street
doof managed to back off, but the dog then went for jake, who thankfully didn't react.
it had a good hold of his neck, but somehow it was only fur he got a hold of & i managed to grab this dog & hold onto it
owner then came out and eventually took him off me.

f*cking hell though, i was shaking. all i could say tot he tw*t was "the dogs are fine, don;t worry" if i wasn't in shock & didn't want to just get away to calm myself down he would have got a bloody mouthful.

if he knows his dogs are tw*ts ("it's usually the brown one who starts") why not make sure his damn gate is closed?
neither of mine reacted, they were on the other side of the road and didn't even look across, i think that's why ruf screamed, she didn't even see them coming.

f*cking hell. I can;t praise jake enough for not reacting (even though if he had it would have been completely justified) had it turned into a full blown fight i don't know what i'd have done, jake would have come off a lot worse. and so would i probably, i didn't even think before putting my hands between them.

thankfully there were no injuries to the dogs, but sh*tting hell was it ever scary

sat on the floor in the hallway of the dogs house for a good half an hour before i calmed down enough to get home. just glad her owner didn;t get home from work early as it would have been a right sight for her
*burp*

Rayanne Graff

| 76,001 posts

6th Oct 2012 at 9:24 am

River Phoenix

(Shaving my legs isn't as easy as it used to be; probably because of me breaking my ankle in July of 2010 and having a metal thing in it. Yesterday evening, i put some cream on my legs. Then i washed it off but there was still a bit of hair on them so i shaved them with a razor blade. i must have done it for too long or summat because there was a lot of blood on them and i felt a bit weird and nesh. Most of the blood was gone after i had a bath but i still have a couple of cuts on my legs.

Also, i saw a dead frog today.)

Πανδώρα

| 15,328 posts

8th Oct 2012 at 3:00 pm

Πανδώρα -

Guinea pigs hair has grown back.

But it's all as loose as tits & coming straight back out.
F*cksake.

So i'm stood in the kitchen inhaling rich tea biscuits.
Meh.
*burp*

Πανδώρα: Beefy cheesemas to all, and to all a gravy brie
Rayanne Graff: Happy Easter.
IGH: Just who was The Brigadier
ratammer: squeak
IGH: Wibble
Vel: *sigh*
Emma: Hi VR...
Princess Psycho: Hi I am back in the UK so how are everyone been keeping. Has Fluffy had that little accident yet?
Claire: SHOUTBOX OF VRRRRRR
Rayanne Graff: Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
Lucozade Lover: Happy New Year!
Crinkle-Cut Beatroot: Happy new year <3
Claire: BOXSHOUT
Rayanne Graff: Happy Easter.
Emma: So… Posting a new thread is Fission Mailing… so I’m putting this here.
Emma: I know there aren’t many people looking at this anymore… but I have made the decision to stop paying for the VR hosting and to let the domain lapse.
Emma: I think it will be going offline around the end of May
Emma: It’s been almost 10 years since James passed away… and I feel like it’s time.
Emma: A lot of the regulars can be found on the VR veterans group on Facebook - if you see this and you’re not in there, come join us.

Page: