Currently Reading? (contd......)

Posted In: Poetry + Prose. Reading This Thread:

lozmanpretzel

| 3 posts

1st Jul 2012 at 11:33 pm

Just finished reading [http://photos1.blogger.com/x/blogger/1508/756/1600/931642/cry%20of%20the%20newborn.jpg] Was a really epic story with so many twists and turns. Just about to start reading the sequel.

curly_cow

| 1,669 posts

7th Jul 2012 at 11:16 pm

curly_cow - make luv not war!

make luv not war!

Recently read:

The Dark is Rising Sequence - Susan Cooper

Choas Walking Trilogy - Patrick Ness

The Amazing Maurice and his Educated Rodents - Terry Pratchett

All really great reads, recommend them all
The world is quiet here.

Dinglebutt

| 11,949 posts

7th Aug 2012 at 3:50 pm

Dinglebutt - I aim to misbehave

I aim to misbehave

I need to finish Alan Partridge's book. Read most of it while waiting for the op a few weeks ago, never got back to it. Really great though. Especially love bits where he goes over things that happened on the tv series but changes details or lies to make himself come across better.
Mal: Appears we got here just in the nick of time. What does that make us?
Zoë: Big damn heroes, sir.
Mal: Ain't we just.

Rayanne Graff

| 76,001 posts

3rd Sept 2012 at 11:57 am

Rayanne Graff - River Phoenix

River Phoenix

[quote="the_doc|the doc|1317484588|857319|1346428388"]Quote: curly_cow, Aug 2012
Quote: the doc, Aug 2012
Quote: curly_cow, Aug 2012
Quote: the doc, Aug 2012
Diary Of A Bad Year by J M Coetzee.

Been meaning to read some of his stuff for a long, long time and this was f*cking brilliant.

Read his Foe, brilliant!

Is that the one that's a skit on Robinson Crusoe?

Yes! And it's all about authorship and the process of writing itself, which makes it very interesting.

Nice one Sabinha (sp? ). I'll see if I can get it from work when I get back.

I've got three books to read on the plane (it's an eleven hour flight and I can't sleep on planes), namely Tortilla Flat, If Beale Street Could Talk and Fear and Loathing In Las Vegas.

Read Tortilla Flat before and love it to bits, but reading it to get me in the mood for Monterey (would have taken Cannery Row but some f*cker has filched my copy again - lost count of how many of those I've been through now. Maybe I should get a really rare first edition then I'd never have to lend it to anyone again) and Steinbeck's always a glorious read regardless.

If Beale Street Could Talk is by James Baldwin, ergo there is a zero percent chance of it being anything less than brilliant. And the other one, yeah, dunno how many times I've read it but it's still not enough. Be entertaining to compare and contrast it with my trip to the city anyway. It's a fair bet that mine will contain less mescaline, although you never know your luck I guess, and it is a city of sin.....

Curly's real name is Sabiya.
*[http://www.vegetablerevolution.co.uk/uploads/549604.jpg]*

Πανδώρα: Beefy cheesemas to all, and to all a gravy brie
Rayanne Graff: Happy Easter.
IGH: Just who was The Brigadier
ratammer: squeak
IGH: Wibble
Vel: *sigh*
Emma: Hi VR...
Princess Psycho: Hi I am back in the UK so how are everyone been keeping. Has Fluffy had that little accident yet?
Claire: SHOUTBOX OF VRRRRRR
Rayanne Graff: Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
Lucozade Lover: Happy New Year!
Crinkle-Cut Beatroot: Happy new year <3
Claire: BOXSHOUT
Rayanne Graff: Happy Easter.
Emma: So… Posting a new thread is Fission Mailing… so I’m putting this here.
Emma: I know there aren’t many people looking at this anymore… but I have made the decision to stop paying for the VR hosting and to let the domain lapse.
Emma: I think it will be going offline around the end of May
Emma: It’s been almost 10 years since James passed away… and I feel like it’s time.
Emma: A lot of the regulars can be found on the VR veterans group on Facebook - if you see this and you’re not in there, come join us.

Page: