Whatchoo smiling 'bout, Willis?

Posted In: Main. Reading This Thread:

LoonyPandora

| 17,916 posts

27th Nov 2010 at 9:12 am

LoonyPandora - Daft Cow?

Daft Cow?

Nicolas Cage Losing His Sh*t. Man, I love supercuts.

Albert Johanneson

| 14,477 posts

29th Nov 2010 at 6:36 pm

Albert Johanneson - Outside-left

Outside-left

Kids that get poached by bigger clubs from the Leeds United Academy and go on to do a fat lot of f*ck all. That one is for you, Michael Woods and Tom Taiwo. I hope getting your parents a nice kitchen and bathroom was worth wrecking your careers for.

Delirium Tremens

| 1,875 posts

29th Nov 2010 at 10:18 pm

Delirium Tremens -

I loved the first season of the Wire, but at the moment I'm stuck on season two's premiere. Perhaps because I'd made the mistake of putting it on when my brother was around and sort of saw it through his eyes, I found it very dull. I knew, intellectually, that they sort of rebooted each season, but I wasn't quite up to all these dockers partying to bad blues bands and stuff.

I know I'll get back to it again, but a big slice more of Stringer Bell and McNulty would have done it a world of good.

LoonyPandora

| 17,916 posts

29th Nov 2010 at 10:30 pm

LoonyPandora - Daft Cow?

Daft Cow?

Quote: Super Nintendo Chalmers, Nov 2010
Quote: James, Nov 2010
I loved the first season of the Wire, but at the moment I'm stuck on season two's premiere. Perhaps because I'd made the mistake of putting it on when my brother was around and sort of saw it through his eyes, I found it very dull. I knew, intellectually, that they sort of rebooted each season, but I wasn't quite up to all these dockers partying to bad blues bands and stuff.

I know I'll get back to it again, but a big slice more of Stringer Bell and McNulty would have done it a world of good.

The second time round the second season is a lot better to watch, it's still mint though, just not as mint as the rest of it.

Phil's assessment is spot on. I thought the same thing about the second season, it was a bit of a trudge on first viewing, but worth it for the background to the rest of the seasons. Second viewing it's great. I rank it higher than the 5th season.

Dinglebutt

| 11,949 posts

29th Nov 2010 at 10:58 pm

Dinglebutt - I aim to misbehave

I aim to misbehave

I loved Season 2. Even on first viewing. The first maybe 3 episodes did feel weird, but once I got into it, I got really into it. It's the second best season after Season 4 in my opinion
Mal: Appears we got here just in the nick of time. What does that make us?
Zoë: Big damn heroes, sir.
Mal: Ain't we just.

LoonyPandora

| 17,916 posts

30th Nov 2010 at 12:28 am

LoonyPandora - Daft Cow?

Daft Cow?

Google Translate Beatboxing (press listen)

Edited by LoonyPandora Nov 2010

wombat

| 8,154 posts

30th Nov 2010 at 12:44 am

wombat - Technically sexy.

Technically sexy.

Quote: LoonyPandora, Nov 2010
Google Translate Beatboxing (press listen)

Best thing ever.
Southern hemispherical rat boy

Albert Johanneson

| 14,477 posts

30th Nov 2010 at 1:05 am

Outside-left

Quote: LoonyPandora, Nov 2010
Quote: Super Nintendo Chalmers, Nov 2010
Quote: James, Nov 2010

The second time round the second season is a lot better to watch, it's still mint though, just not as mint as the rest of it.

Phil's assessment is spot on. I thought the same thing about the second season, it was a bit of a trudge on first viewing, but worth it for the background to the rest of the seasons. Second viewing it's great. I rank it higher than the 5th season.

In order, my Wire seasons are;

4, 1, 2, 5, 3.

Delirium Tremens

| 1,875 posts

30th Nov 2010 at 12:04 pm

Delirium Tremens -

London snow. F*ck. I did not want this.

edit: clearly, wrong thread. But it's cold, so I'm not going to do anything about it.

Rayanne Graff

| 76,001 posts

30th Nov 2010 at 7:24 pm

Rayanne Graff - River Phoenix

River Phoenix

Quote: Rick Grimes, Nov 2010
Quote: Rick Grimes, Nov 2010
Oh my..

I just found out that we have no install charges on Fibre at all!

F*cking win.. Here was me expecting to pay 70 quid or something.

Just need a cable router now.
And my order, it is placed!

Also, BRAS is adjusted - Man I love my job for sh*t like this.

i just noticed that Darren said he'd adjusted his BRAS.
*[http://www.vegetablerevolution.co.uk/uploads/549604.jpg]*

LoonyPandora

| 17,916 posts

30th Nov 2010 at 8:11 pm

LoonyPandora - Daft Cow?

Daft Cow?

Did a website for a guy a couple of months back, and since then I've him to pay my invoice. Of course, he's been ignoring me as all shady businessmen do. After finally losing patience with his excuses I've put an account suspended notice up instead of the website I did. I bet I will get a call before I go to bed tonight.

I'm looking forward to the angry rant he'll spout at me, and the bow down I shall extract when he pays me.

I'm so totally glad this is my last ever dealing with customers.

Rayanne Graff

| 76,001 posts

1st Dec 2010 at 9:57 am

Rayanne Graff - River Phoenix

River Phoenix

Delirium Tremens

| 1,875 posts

1st Dec 2010 at 10:37 am

Delirium Tremens -

Quote: the doc, Dec 2010
The backing tape before Gogol Bordello had some seriously good tunes on it, loads of ska and reggae and dub, but best of all was The Boys From the County Hell. People were moshing and everything, not seen that since Green Day in '98 when their backing music consisted solely of Ramones songs. There was a big pit, people slamming and crowd-surfing to it and all sorts. Man, that was a good night.

Cool. They always put a great show on themselves.

Albert Johanneson

| 14,477 posts

3rd Dec 2010 at 1:46 pm

Outside-left

Quote: Paula, Dec 2010
I have received a letter from Salford uni. I have been offered a conditional place and all I have to do to now is pass my current course with a 2.2 or higher. I'm as good as there

Good to hear!

Dinglebutt

| 11,949 posts

3rd Dec 2010 at 1:55 pm

Dinglebutt - I aim to misbehave

I aim to misbehave

Quote: Paula, Dec 2010
I have received a letter from Salford uni. I have been offered a conditional place and all I have to do to now is pass my current course with a 2.2 or higher. I'm as good as there

That's brilliant! Congratulations!
Mal: Appears we got here just in the nick of time. What does that make us?
Zoë: Big damn heroes, sir.
Mal: Ain't we just.

Πανδώρα: Beefy cheesemas to all, and to all a gravy brie
Rayanne Graff: Happy Easter.
IGH: Just who was The Brigadier
ratammer: squeak
IGH: Wibble
Vel: *sigh*
Emma: Hi VR...
Princess Psycho: Hi I am back in the UK so how are everyone been keeping. Has Fluffy had that little accident yet?
Claire: SHOUTBOX OF VRRRRRR
Rayanne Graff: Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
Lucozade Lover: Happy New Year!
Crinkle-Cut Beatroot: Happy new year <3
Claire: BOXSHOUT
Rayanne Graff: Happy Easter.
Emma: So… Posting a new thread is Fission Mailing… so I’m putting this here.
Emma: I know there aren’t many people looking at this anymore… but I have made the decision to stop paying for the VR hosting and to let the domain lapse.
Emma: I think it will be going offline around the end of May
Emma: It’s been almost 10 years since James passed away… and I feel like it’s time.
Emma: A lot of the regulars can be found on the VR veterans group on Facebook - if you see this and you’re not in there, come join us.

Page: