Fitness Thread

Posted In: Main. Reading This Thread:

Dinglebutt

| 11,949 posts

29th Mar 2010 at 11:21 am

Dinglebutt - I aim to misbehave

I aim to misbehave

Okay, that's 3 weeks in a row now that I've put on weight. But since it was about 4 weeks ago when I started doing more weights than cardio, and have been a lot more strict with what I eat, I can only assume the weight that I'm putting on is muscle rather than fat. Because I definitely notice that I'm sweating a lot more and feel like I've done more in the gym than I used to. While I'd be happy to put on muscle, I still want my actual weight to go down, but don't want to give up doing weights, especially as a lot of the weights I do is focusing on my legs/glutes.

The muscle gain should slow down soon hopefully, but I think I probably need to be stricter with the food too
Mal: Appears we got here just in the nick of time. What does that make us?
Zoë: Big damn heroes, sir.
Mal: Ain't we just.

Albi The Racist Dragon

| 7,432 posts

29th Mar 2010 at 12:15 pm

I did my first proper run since my knee smashed Bout 4k with a hill, 25 minutes.
[http://card.mygamercard.net/gbar/joelsaysyeah.gif]

[http://www.vegetablerevolution.co.uk/uploads/698876.jpg]

Rayanne Graff

| 76,001 posts

3rd Apr 2010 at 9:20 am

Rayanne Graff - River Phoenix

River Phoenix

Quote: Albi The Racist Dragon, Mar 2010
I did my first proper run since my knee smashed Bout 4k with a hill, 25 minutes.

( That's cool; well done.)
*[http://www.vegetablerevolution.co.uk/uploads/549604.jpg]*

Dinglebutt

| 11,949 posts

8th Apr 2010 at 8:15 am

I aim to misbehave

Gym the last few weeks, I've been working on building up my leg. All has been going grand. Even able to do a small bit of running on the threadmill.

Last night though, I was walking for 3 minutes at 6km/h, so hit the 9/km.h button to start a bit of jogging and immediately had to stop cos I felt something in my leg about to go. I think it was probably just because I tired my legs out at work yesterday as I was crouching and crawling round some dude's attic. Hope that's all it was anyway. Thought my leg was finally starting to get better but I guess I still have a bit to go

Albi The Racist Dragon

| 7,432 posts

8th Apr 2010 at 3:56 pm

Did another 20 minute run. Now dying. Why does exercise have to be so bloody painful?

Gym session tomorrow, if I recover.
[http://card.mygamercard.net/gbar/joelsaysyeah.gif]

[http://www.vegetablerevolution.co.uk/uploads/698876.jpg]

Tobias Fünke

| 4,730 posts

16th Apr 2010 at 9:58 am

Tobias Fünke  - I blue myself.

I blue myself.

Having a bust rib means I've not trained for two weeks now. Feel annoyed about it too. Currently at 14st 3lbs, aiming for 12st.

I may go today.
Analrapist.

LoonyPandora

| 17,916 posts

18th Apr 2010 at 1:19 pm

LoonyPandora - Daft Cow?

Daft Cow?

I've completely let myself go. working in an office, and not being 10 seconds walk from the gym means I've gone totally mental. Up at 13st now. Was aiming for 11st...

Need to figure out a route to work on my skates that won't involve me getting killed by murderous f*cking cyclists. That could be the exercise I need to sharpen up.

Dinglebutt

| 11,949 posts

21st Apr 2010 at 8:13 am

I aim to misbehave

Quote: Annie, Apr 2010
Quote: Annie, Apr 2010
*slump*

I'm tired and hungry and I ache all over.

But that doesn't matter because I've lost one and a half pounds!

Nice work Annie . Keep it up!

I'm still not losing weight, so I'm going to switch back to doing mostly cardio. I'm pretty sure that I've been losing fat and gaining muscle, thereby stalling my weight loss, but as nice as gaining muscle sounds, I'd rather lose more fat.

Dinglebutt

| 11,949 posts

7th May 2010 at 7:48 am

I aim to misbehave

After several weeks of not losing any weight, I have lost 1lb. How? I didn't go to the gym for a week. To me, this proves that I've been losing fat but putting on muscle, thereby keeping the same overall weight. So I'm going to lay off the weights for a while and go back to doing mostly cardio

Chris Kamara

| 24,049 posts

7th May 2010 at 4:49 pm

Chris Kamara -

Quote: Piney Winston, May 2010
After several weeks of not losing any weight, I have lost 1lb. How? I didn't go to the gym for a week. To me, this proves that I've been losing fat but putting on muscle, thereby keeping the same overall weight. So I'm going to lay off the weights for a while and go back to doing mostly cardio

The more muscle you pack on, the more calories your body will naturally burn. A healthy balance of weights and cardio will see you right.

Make sure you do your weights before the cardio!

Chris Kamara

| 24,049 posts

7th May 2010 at 5:02 pm

Chris Kamara -

I've been off sick for a few days but I've been training again today. Haven't really had much time off this year so being ill has forced me to take an extended rest, which has probably helped. I don't think I'm too far off the sort of 'Mens Health Mag' standard I'm after. Maybe after the summer is over I'll look at trying to write some articles for magazines, websites, etc, and see if I can't get some dosh out of it all. Then I'll be able to save up for the fitness instructor course I'm supposed to be doing.

Chris Kamara

| 24,049 posts

7th May 2010 at 5:11 pm

Chris Kamara -

Progress update

[http://www.vegetablerevolution.co.uk/uploads/817547.jpg]

Dinglebutt

| 11,949 posts

7th May 2010 at 5:38 pm

I aim to misbehave

Quote: Josef Fritzl, May 2010

The more muscle you pack on, the more calories your body will naturally burn. A healthy balance of weights and cardio will see you right.

Make sure you do your weights before the cardio!

Yeah, I normally start with 10 mins on the rowing machine just to warm up, then weights, then cardio.

Chris Kamara

| 24,049 posts

7th May 2010 at 5:50 pm

Chris Kamara -

I would scrap the ten minutes on the rowing machine that you start with and do some stretches and light sets of the muscle group you're intent on working. Then go straight into proper sets with heavier weights.

You'll then have more energy for your cardio session afterwards, and you can always start that slowish while you pick up the pace.

You'll burn more calories training larger muscle groups, so be sure to spend more time working your back and legs than you would on working your arms, for instance.

Sounds like you're doing well though Bazzeria.

Dinglebutt

| 11,949 posts

7th May 2010 at 5:55 pm

I aim to misbehave

Quote: Josef Fritzl, May 2010
I would scrap the ten minutes on the rowing machine that you start with and do some stretches and light sets of the muscle group you're intent on working. Then go straight into proper sets with heavier weights.

You'll then have more energy for your cardio session afterwards, and you can always start that slowish while you pick up the pace.

You'll burn more calories training larger muscle groups, so be sure to spend more time working your back and legs than you would on working your arms, for instance.

Sounds like you're doing well though Bazzeria.

Cheers. Yeah, I've been doing more squats and started doing deadlifts too. Supposed to help with my leg too, definitely feel it with the squats. Cheers for the advice, I'll buy you a colour camera some time to say thanks.

Speaking of my leg, the gym is organising a 6k run for charity in the first weekend of June. So I might try going for a run tomorrow, see how far my leg can hold out for. I've been working on it for a few weeks now so should be able to go for a bit hopefully. See how far it takes me anyway.

Chris Kamara

| 24,049 posts

7th May 2010 at 6:12 pm

Chris Kamara -

I'm crap at running, I couldn't do 6k to save my life. Enjoy.

Dinglebutt

| 11,949 posts

7th May 2010 at 9:05 pm

I aim to misbehave

Quote: Super Nintendo Chalmers, May 2010
Probably in the best shape I've been in the past 5 years, I can run 4k in under twenty minutes on a difficult cross country course, Bench over 100kg, I have a c*ck like a Burmese python and I'm handsome as well.

Don't lie Phil!

It's a VERY difficult cross country course!

Dinglebutt

| 11,949 posts

8th May 2010 at 11:24 am

I aim to misbehave

Speaking of my leg, the gym is organising a 6k run for charity in the first weekend of June. So I might try going for a run tomorrow, see how far my leg can hold out for. I've been working on it for a few weeks now so should be able to go for a bit hopefully. See how far it takes me anyway.

Yeah I think this is out of the question. Ran at 9km/h for about 4 minutes in the gym this morning. Even though my leg was holding out, I wasn't. Just not fit enough. Not to worry. I'm still aiming for a marathon in October 2011.

learrggh

| 5,671 posts

1st Jun 2010 at 8:23 pm

learrggh -

averaging 4hrs exercise a week (exercise bike & ballet) and and finally got my diet under control so i'm eating around 1200 calories a day (which i log online so i'm sure.) and healthily. no weight coming off so far and i managed to put on 4lb overnight.

WHAT AM I DOING WRONG.

learrggh

| 5,671 posts

1st Jun 2010 at 9:04 pm

learrggh -

*stomps around being impatient*

[http://www.qwantz.com/shirt_trex.png]

learrggh

| 5,671 posts

2nd Jun 2010 at 6:00 pm

learrggh -

no, I use a different website that does all that AND MOAR.

learrggh

| 5,671 posts

10th Jun 2010 at 7:45 pm

learrggh -

still nothing..

learrggh

| 5,671 posts

20th Jun 2010 at 6:33 pm

learrggh -

I've found recently that I'm not getting sore or achey the day after exercising anymore. While I guess it's a good thing I'm getting fitter, I'm a bit concerned that it means I need to push myself harder to keep improving?

Did a 3 hour dance lesson last weds and asides the balls of my feet feeling a bit raw on thurs, still nothing. I'll be doing 2 hours dance lesson a week from now on. Hour on the exercise bike is easy but I stop because my a*s goes numb around this point.

Not sure what else to add.

Vel: *sigh*
Emma: Hi VR...
Princess Psycho: Hi I am back in the UK so how are everyone been keeping. Has Fluffy had that little accident yet?
Claire: SHOUTBOX OF VRRRRRR
Rayanne Graff: Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
Lucozade Lover: Happy New Year!
Crinkle-Cut Beatroot: Happy new year <3
Claire: BOXSHOUT
Rayanne Graff: Happy Easter.
Emma: So… Posting a new thread is Fission Mailing… so I’m putting this here.
Emma: I know there aren’t many people looking at this anymore… but I have made the decision to stop paying for the VR hosting and to let the domain lapse.
Emma: I think it will be going offline around the end of May
Emma: It’s been almost 10 years since James passed away… and I feel like it’s time.
Emma: A lot of the regulars can be found on the VR veterans group on Facebook - if you see this and you’re not in there, come join us.
Crinkle-Cut Beatroot: What's the facebook group called? I couldn't find it...
Πανδώρα: MUHAHAHAHAHA!
IGH: And so it ends
Captain Spiky: I've just been loving life, going through the photos in the Meets gallery. so many awesome people that I loved hanging out with

Page: