Things that right royally f*ck you off

Posted In: Rants. Reading This Thread:

Turtle

| 3,404 posts

1st Mar 2008 at 10:30 pm

Quote: biggaginge
Quote: Citizen_Twiggy
I'm not allowed to go out tonight after the 'WE NEED A BIG PLASTER' crisis which scared my friends because of blood and a serious resemblance to raw chicken slits for rosemary and other spices.
Why ask 'do you want to lose your foot?'? I clearly don't want to lose my foot. Jeez.

What did you actually do to yer foot?

Kind of slid/scrapped my foot against the floor at a foam party and had to get a sh*t load of stitches, an x ray and other such medical things. It looks really gross.
Hmm, pictures could happen. It looks less gross than it did yesterday at the nurse's. Or when I had my extra stitches in.
Thats a lie, just took my plaster off and felt sick.

Πανδώρα

| 15,327 posts

1st Mar 2008 at 10:33 pm

Πανδώρα -

they've changed jakes food.

all the joys of cleaning up the squits with no paper towels, yay.
*burp*

Turtle

| 3,404 posts

1st Mar 2008 at 10:36 pm

Here you go.
Its worse up close since it got wet in the shower.

Turtle

| 3,404 posts

1st Mar 2008 at 10:40 pm

Here you go.

I'll be honest Den, I'm a little disappointed  

I know, I wish my friends would just man up and let us all go out tonight. Instead we're all staying in and doing boring things like laundry until my appointment on monday confirms i'm not losing a foot.

Turtle

| 3,404 posts

1st Mar 2008 at 10:47 pm

Here you go.

I'll be honest Den, I'm a little disappointed  

I know, I wish my friends would just man up and let us all go out tonight. Instead we're all staying in and doing boring things like laundry until my appointment on monday confirms i'm not losing a foot.

Just take the stitch out yourself, pour some tcp into the wound, dry it off, then stick the edges together with superglue and you'll be good to go  

Erm...thanks for the medical advice phil but I think I'll stay in instead of that as that sounds worse. I'll just wait until Boots open tomorrow and I can get another big plaster. :p

Turtle

| 3,404 posts

1st Mar 2008 at 11:36 pm

Gah, today sucks. I just got an email from my course convenor about my year abroad and I'm definitely going to Hong Kong. My parents are going to have a hellish year trying to pay for this. B*gger. Oh well, its better than nothing. They've got a disney land as well.
It just p*sses me off because he's clearly not giving a sh*t at all seeing as he spelt my name wrong, took a week to respond and gave a sh*tty excuse that all the spaces were filled up when there are only 3 people going there whereas Melbourne had 12 people. Meh.

Turtle

| 3,404 posts

2nd Mar 2008 at 1:49 pm

Quote: TheUnitedTruth
/me hugs Denesha

I hope your foot heals soon. And your course convenor is mean and foolish

Its looking a hell of a lot better so I've taken my plaster off and am just letting it air. No shower till tomorrow though so I'm being pretty skanky but it'll be ok. And hey, hong kong has a disneyland, clothes and food so even though my course convenor is a sillyhead, I'm going to be fine. And the prospect of a flat in hong kong is just so damn cool.

Organised Confusion

| 3,982 posts

2nd Mar 2008 at 3:41 pm

Mooting

Organised Confusion

| 3,982 posts

2nd Mar 2008 at 4:02 pm

Quote: Wierd_Welshgirl
not really so much the fact that my housemates were lazy and stupid enough to put AN ENTIRE BOTTLE OF FAIRY LIQUID IN THE DISHWASHER when we ran out of tablets, but the fact that it happened yesterday and I got back to what looked like a foam party.

I don't know how many hours I've spent clearing foam, rinsing the dishwasher, taking bits apart and rinsing with vinegar.

I do know that not one of them will appreciate it!

Similar thing but concerning one particular flatmate exploding some sort of orange thing all over the microwave about a week ago and not bothering to clean it, despite me hinting at him every day. I spent ages getting it clean and nobody said a word. There's no point in making an issue and falling out though as we're only here a couple more months sigh.

Organised Confusion

| 3,982 posts

2nd Mar 2008 at 4:18 pm

Och nah, mine are ok most of the time, they're good for going to get emergency hangover cures for you (e.g a can of irn bru from the fridge). Its just one of them that bugs me, and I don't think he means it, he just genuinely doesn't realise you should clean things after using them

Πανδώρα

| 15,327 posts

2nd Mar 2008 at 4:31 pm

Πανδώρα -

Norton 360.

"we get away with selling it because you're an idiot..."
*burp*

Turtle

| 3,404 posts

2nd Mar 2008 at 4:47 pm

...I'm not actually sure thats better than yesterday.

wombat

| 8,154 posts

2nd Mar 2008 at 6:42 pm

wombat - Technically sexy.

Technically sexy.

Today. well, last hour of it, has been sh*t.
I get home, nobody is here.

My computer won't turn on, and I don't know why.

VR wasn't working, and somebody we don't know wandered into the office last night, meaning God knows who knows where we are, and we will ahve to move.

Also, my f*cking SKIN feels like its about to CRACK OFF MY FACE.
Southern hemispherical rat boy

Colin

| 10,038 posts

2nd Mar 2008 at 6:45 pm

Colin -

[list]
[*]Dizzy as always (well, dizzier at the moment than usually).
[*]I slept in the afternoon AGAIN and really shouldn't've.
[*]I'm failing on Maths and I need to do something Colin doesn't do: Admit he needs help.
[*]I miss Tabby.
[*]I feel talentless.
[/list]
http://www.myspace.com/papertruth
[http://www.vegetablerevolution.co.uk/resources/uploads/gerrard.jpg]

Freshly Squeezed Cynic

| 6,189 posts

2nd Mar 2008 at 8:24 pm

Freshly Squeezed Cynic - apparently the big pink bastard is me

apparently the big pink bastard is me

Quote: lawfulhippo

That would be silly, for all the irritating things my flatmates do, they're fantastic. The friends you have at uni are at least as important as the course for whether it's worth being there.

I'd love to find that out.

Elusive Moose

| 8,546 posts

3rd Mar 2008 at 4:38 pm

Elusive Moose - Get your Antlers on

Get your Antlers on

The feedback on my essay. Not only is there NOTHING written about the last two pages, not even ticks or underlines or ANYTHING which every other lecturer has done, just to show whether they think it's a good idea, or needs developing or whatever, but SHE HAS WRITTEN THAT STUFF ISN'T IN THE ORIGINAL TEXT WHEN I HAVE REFERENCED THE PAGE THAT IT WAS ON. Undisputable, undeniable FACTS, as well. For example, throughout the text one of the characters is mixed-race and treated badly because of it, and in the text it describes her room as being on a different level to the rest of the house. Now levels, you know, if you want to read into it, surely this can relate to social status/ hierarchies, etc, yes? Or at least it can with most other lecturers. But apparently the book never even describes the house as having levels.

Oh yeah, ALSO, we constantly talk, in our renaissance lectures, about using 'dying' as a euphamism for orgasming, and in the book it's quite blatant that when he talks about watching her 'dying' 'many times' until 'she was as eager for what's called loving as I was' he has to be talking about sex, orgasming, etc. Apparently this is a 'bizarre' point.

She has also commented on my very very slight mis-spelling of a character's name. This is the lecturer who said, in more than one lecture, 'what was the name of those characters again'. I mean, yeah, such proof-reading slips are unacceptable and there are a few other proof-reading errors which made me cringe (never let me edit when panicking at 4am ever again...) but there were proof-reading errors in ALL of my essays and some of those lecturers gave me in the high bloody 60s.

I mean, it's not an essay of the same standard as those ones by any means, but I really don't think it's bad enough to barely pass.

F*cking URGH.
"You can't roast infants. You just don't get away with it."- a life lesson for us all.

Wife of  Phil the Lawful Hippo. Imagine the children!

The Disneyafied Adventures of Me

Turtle

| 3,404 posts

3rd Mar 2008 at 6:22 pm

My course. I just have so much frigging work and I want to constantly sleep and I don't want to read for comparative politics (first time i've read for that since we got back cos i hate it and thats bad) and i'm just bleurgh. I only get like this around comparative politics. Oh god. Ok. I need to break through the pain barrier and do it.
Also, I really miss my friend Peter. I just spoke to him for half an hour and I love how we never change and can always go back into who we are together even after 3 months of being too busy to talk but it sucks that we're never going to have enough time because soon time zones, jobs and other things will get in the way so meh.

Freshly Squeezed Cynic

| 6,189 posts

4th Mar 2008 at 12:59 pm

Freshly Squeezed Cynic - apparently the big pink bastard is me

apparently the big pink bastard is me

Quote: Lemony_Zester
"When you say "conservators", do you mean the political party?"

They're like the Decepticons, but more evil.

Turtle

| 3,404 posts

4th Mar 2008 at 11:03 pm

I might get thrown out of training for missing two sessions but the first session I missed was because of my foot and i was back in london because i couldn't walk and the one that i'm going to miss next week was supposed to be my one missed training. It just p*sses me off because it was out of my control and I can't miss my formal and I can easily catch up with training because i'm good at it and catch ups take 20 minutes. GRRRR.
Stupid pervy stupid trainer.

wombat

| 8,154 posts

5th Mar 2008 at 10:23 am

wombat - Technically sexy.

Technically sexy.

I might get thrown out of training for missing two sessions but the first session I missed was because of my foot and i was back in london because i couldn't walk and the one that i'm going to miss next week was supposed to be my one missed training. It just p*sses me off because it was out of my control and I can't miss my formal and I can easily catch up with training because i'm good at it and catch ups take 20 minutes. GRRRR.
Stupid pervy stupid trainer.

I realise that I did meet him in the end. Seemed like a f*cking douche to be honest.
Southern hemispherical rat boy

Liz

| 56 posts

5th Mar 2008 at 10:49 am

VR kicks ass!

Quote: TheUnitedTruth
...they didn't replace me! How bad do I feel right now knowing my friend is doing the work of 3 people?

answer: very.  

wtf...do they have any clue!
"Your solitude is welcome..
Your attitude is welcome"

Liz

| 56 posts

5th Mar 2008 at 10:49 am

VR kicks ass!

People who say "ignore me" alot... ok i will
"Your solitude is welcome..
Your attitude is welcome"

Πανδώρα: Beefy cheesemas to all, and to all a gravy brie
Rayanne Graff: Happy Easter.
IGH: Just who was The Brigadier
ratammer: squeak
IGH: Wibble
Vel: *sigh*
Emma: Hi VR...
Princess Psycho: Hi I am back in the UK so how are everyone been keeping. Has Fluffy had that little accident yet?
Claire: SHOUTBOX OF VRRRRRR
Rayanne Graff: Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
Lucozade Lover: Happy New Year!
Crinkle-Cut Beatroot: Happy new year <3
Claire: BOXSHOUT
Rayanne Graff: Happy Easter.
Emma: So… Posting a new thread is Fission Mailing… so I’m putting this here.
Emma: I know there aren’t many people looking at this anymore… but I have made the decision to stop paying for the VR hosting and to let the domain lapse.
Emma: I think it will be going offline around the end of May
Emma: It’s been almost 10 years since James passed away… and I feel like it’s time.
Emma: A lot of the regulars can be found on the VR veterans group on Facebook - if you see this and you’re not in there, come join us.

Page: