Whatchoo smiling 'bout, Willis?

Posted In: Main. Reading This Thread:

Πανδώρα

| 15,328 posts

19th Apr 2011 at 10:06 pm

Πανδώρα -

oh sh*t yeah, i got all excited about my naked toe again that i forgot to post about the rabbits

Bluey and Aggie have bonded and are living together and being all cute together and

they've turned into lesbians, and spent about 10 minutes hopping form one end of each other to the other end of each other for bit,m but still...
*burp*

Dinglebutt

| 11,949 posts

20th Apr 2011 at 12:39 pm

Dinglebutt - I aim to misbehave

I aim to misbehave

Okay, so I watched the first 3 episodes of Deadwood last night. Alright, I'm in. Already some great acting and characters. Story seems to be heading in a good direction.

Yeah, I'm in. Liking it.
Mal: Appears we got here just in the nick of time. What does that make us?
Zoë: Big damn heroes, sir.
Mal: Ain't we just.

Πανδώρα

| 15,328 posts

24th Apr 2011 at 11:37 am

Πανδώρα -

*burp*

Dinglebutt

| 11,949 posts

25th Apr 2011 at 12:12 pm

I aim to misbehave

Had a clearout of DVDs a few weeks ago. Got enough trade in cash to get Mortal Kombat and Portal 2.

Today, I'm having a MEGA-clearout. I actually have adequate space for stuff which I've lent to people to come back and space for more stuff. And even if I took cash instead of trade-in, should still get about €70. Go-Go-Gadget-Newphonenextmonth!

Dinglebutt

| 11,949 posts

25th Apr 2011 at 12:18 pm

I aim to misbehave

Quote: The King Of Limbs, Apr 2011
The new Mortal Kombat is f*cking awesome. As a mainly single player focussed gamer the sheer amount of single player content is amazing for a fighting game.

Finished Story Mode yesterday. Absolutely f*cking amazing. Last fight near broke my fingers, controller and leg (when I got frustrated I slapped my leg really hard a few times)

But I agree completely. With games like Street Fighter and Marvel Vs Capcom pretty much only catering to online play and a very basic arcade mode, the amount of single player content in Mortal Kombat is staggering. I spent nearly 3 days on the story mode (well, i was playing Portal 2 at the same time). And the story itself was fantastic. The changes they made, liberties they tool, yet nothing really felt out of place.

Up there with Tekken 3 as one of my favourite fighting games of all time. Only downside is the controller. Trying to press 'Down Up' and ending up either jumping straight up or diagonally caused most of the aforementioned frustration.

Dinglebutt

| 11,949 posts

25th Apr 2011 at 12:51 pm

I aim to misbehave

Quote: Barrington, Apr 2011
The new Mortal Kombat is f*cking awesome. As a mainly single player focussed gamer the sheer amount of single player content is amazing for a fighting game.

Finished Story Mode yesterday. Absolutely f*cking amazing. Last fight near broke my fingers, controller and leg (when I got frustrated I slapped my leg really hard a few times)

But I agree completely. With games like Street Fighter and Marvel Vs Capcom pretty much only catering to online play and a very basic arcade mode, the amount of single player content in Mortal Kombat is staggering. I spent nearly 3 days on the story mode (well, i was playing Portal 2 at the same time). And the story itself was fantastic. The changes they made, liberties they tool, yet nothing really felt out of place.

Up there with Tekken 3 as one of my favourite fighting games of all time. Only downside is the controller. Trying to press 'Down Up' and ending up either jumping straight up or diagonally caused most of the aforementioned frustration.

I got up to Jax's chapter of the story mode yesterday and now I can't play it again for ages
What console you playing it on? I'm considering getting the new 360 controller with the twisty d-pad cause I feel like I'm battling my old worn controller as much as Baraka.
Portal 2 is also fantastic but that was never in doubt, MK is a nice surprise.

Got it wrong, I got up to Smoke's chapter, I'm on the Sub-Zero/Reptile tag battle.

PS3. The normal 360 controller Is terrible for fighting games because of the D-pad. I find myself rarely playing the 360 anymore. Besides, PS3 Mortal Kombat has Kratos. 360 Mortal Kombat has NOTHING!

I'd say you're nearly halfway through the story. Starts to get pretty good soon I think. Might even play through it again myself to get more Koins for the Krypt. Unlock more fatalities etc.

Only started the challenge tower too, though I've seen what the reward is and it doesn't seem worth it for that, but a challenge is a challenge.

How good is a fighting game when I haven't even really touched Arcade/Ladder mode yet?

Dinglebutt

| 11,949 posts

25th Apr 2011 at 1:29 pm

I aim to misbehave

I got up to Jax's chapter of the story mode yesterday and now I can't play it again for ages
What console you playing it on? I'm considering getting the new 360 controller with the twisty d-pad cause I feel like I'm battling my old worn controller as much as Baraka.

Got it wrong, I got up to Smoke's chapter, I'm on the Sub-Zero/Reptile tag battle.

PS3. The normal 360 controller Is terrible for fighting games because of the D-pad. I find myself rarely playing the 360 anymore. Besides, PS3 Mortal Kombat has Kratos. 360 Mortal Kombat has NOTHING!

I'd say you're nearly halfway through the story. Starts to get pretty good soon I think. Might even play through it again myself to get more Koins for the Krypt. Unlock more fatalities etc.

Only started the challenge tower too, though I've seen what the reward is and it doesn't seem worth it for that, but a challenge is a challenge.

How good is a fighting game when I haven't even really touched Arcade/Ladder mode yet?

The challenger tower is great, lots of cool changes to the norm.
The PS3 controller is better for fighting games but I prefer the 360 overall, I sold my PS3 cause I was never playing it and wanted to upgrade to the new 360.

Both have their pros and cons. I tend to use the PS3 for single player and 360 for multiplayer. Add me on 360 if you want. Barrington. Don't have many 360 games at the mo but who knows what the future holds for us both.

As for something else making me smile, watched The Social Network again last night. Just such a great f*cking film. Love it.

Dinglebutt

| 11,949 posts

25th Apr 2011 at 7:07 pm

I aim to misbehave

Brought 56 DVDs, about 10 Blurays, 5 tv boxset and a DS game into Gamestop for trade-in. I was going to take the cash, which he said would have been between €50-60, but they had a special deal where you got 50% extra for store credit. €194 store credit. Couldn't turn that down. LA Noire is out later this month which would have been €50 anyway.

And I probably still have some stuff I could ge rid of in the future, such as all 8 seasons of That 70's Show

Dinglebutt

| 11,949 posts

25th Apr 2011 at 7:47 pm

I aim to misbehave

Quote: Dr. Harold Shipman, Apr 2011

The challenger tower is great, lots of cool changes to the norm.
The PS3 controller is better for fighting games but I prefer the 360 overall, I sold my PS3 cause I was never playing it and wanted to upgrade to the new 360.

The Challenge Tower is a good idea, however, past a certain point it's just the same challenges with different kharacters and it rapidly gets repetitive. I'm up #233 now, and I reckon there's been somewhere between 30-40 different ones, which just isn't good enough really.

Only on about #30 myself. I imagine it would be difficult to keep it going for 300 challenges and still have variety. Although so long as they throw in a bit of humour, it's okay. I did one where Mileena wants to give Scorpion a teddy bear. It was just a normal fight but she had a teddy in her hand and text would come up where she tells you how cute and soft the teddy is. That was pretty funny, though I can see some of them getting annoying.

Dinglebutt

| 11,949 posts

25th Apr 2011 at 7:59 pm

I aim to misbehave

Brought 56 DVDs, about 10 Blurays, 5 tv boxset and a DS game into Gamestop for trade-in. I was going to take the cash, which he said would have been between €50-60, but they had a special deal where you got 50% extra for store credit. €194 store credit. Couldn't turn that down. LA Noire is out later this month which would have been €50 anyway.

And I probably still have some stuff I could ge rid of in the future, such as all 8 seasons of That 70's Show

We're quite alike in many ways.

Imagine the crud I must have gotten rid of if I still thought to myself "Better hang on to That 70's Show..."

Dinglebutt

| 11,949 posts

25th Apr 2011 at 8:39 pm

I aim to misbehave

Quote: Animal, Apr 2011
IM IN SPACE.

Dinglebutt

| 11,949 posts

25th Apr 2011 at 9:09 pm

I aim to misbehave

IM IN SPACE.

Also, when live hands you lemons.. Don't make lemonade.. Make life take the lemons back!

Well done. Here are the test results: You are a horrible person. I'm serious, that's what it says: A horrible person. We weren't even testing for that.

Dinglebutt

| 11,949 posts

25th Apr 2011 at 9:38 pm

I aim to misbehave

I have no idea what this "Royal Wedding Crashers" is meant to be about, but the ad where one of the Cheeky Girls is acting like a chicken and gets smashed in the face with a piece of what sound like very stale wedding cake is f*cking hilarious.

Dinglebutt

| 11,949 posts

26th Apr 2011 at 11:13 am

I aim to misbehave

Quote: Annie, Apr 2011
I have no idea what this "Royal Wedding Crashers" is meant to be about, but the ad where one of the Cheeky Girls is acting like a chicken and gets smashed in the face with a piece of what sound like very stale wedding cake is f*cking hilarious.

I gave it a go because I watched whatever was on before it - turned out to be a Brass Eye sort of thing and the cheeky girls were getting pelted with cake because they thought it would be shown on a big screen at the wedding reception.

Yeah, had it on in the background. Fake as f*ck. No way any of then thought that those clips would actually be shown at the reception.

But got to see yer wan smashed in the face with bread (not cake). The sheer lengths these people will go to to cling to their last sliver of fame

Πανδώρα

| 15,328 posts

28th Apr 2011 at 10:09 pm

Πανδώρα -

this morning i woke up to a puppy in my bed

he was sooo cute, and squeeky :3

also this
http://gabesaporta.com/post/5021539061/gotcha-but-since-you-guys-were-so-cool-in-the

*burp*

Rayanne Graff

| 76,001 posts

29th Apr 2011 at 8:11 pm

Rayanne Graff - River Phoenix

River Phoenix

The fiancé bought me a Freddo Easter egg, two coffee cakes and some mini Cadbury's Creme Eggs, Dairy Milk eggs and Caramel eggs.
*[http://www.vegetablerevolution.co.uk/uploads/549604.jpg]*

LoonyPandora

| 17,916 posts

1st May 2011 at 8:43 pm

LoonyPandora - Daft Cow?

Daft Cow?

Quote: Annie, May 2011
I maded a cake!

That is actually… totally awesome!

Rayanne Graff

| 76,001 posts

1st May 2011 at 8:51 pm

Rayanne Graff - River Phoenix

River Phoenix

Well done, Annie.
*[http://www.vegetablerevolution.co.uk/uploads/549604.jpg]*

Πανδώρα: Beefy cheesemas to all, and to all a gravy brie
Rayanne Graff: Happy Easter.
IGH: Just who was The Brigadier
ratammer: squeak
IGH: Wibble
Vel: *sigh*
Emma: Hi VR...
Princess Psycho: Hi I am back in the UK so how are everyone been keeping. Has Fluffy had that little accident yet?
Claire: SHOUTBOX OF VRRRRRR
Rayanne Graff: Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
Lucozade Lover: Happy New Year!
Crinkle-Cut Beatroot: Happy new year <3
Claire: BOXSHOUT
Rayanne Graff: Happy Easter.
Emma: So… Posting a new thread is Fission Mailing… so I’m putting this here.
Emma: I know there aren’t many people looking at this anymore… but I have made the decision to stop paying for the VR hosting and to let the domain lapse.
Emma: I think it will be going offline around the end of May
Emma: It’s been almost 10 years since James passed away… and I feel like it’s time.
Emma: A lot of the regulars can be found on the VR veterans group on Facebook - if you see this and you’re not in there, come join us.

Page: