Things that get on your tits somewhat.

Posted In: Rants. Reading This Thread:

Tobias Fünke

| 4,730 posts

24th Aug 2008 at 3:21 pm

Tobias Fünke  - I blue myself.

I blue myself.

Halifax pay 5% on their current account, which is pretty handy.
Analrapist.

Snowflake

| 11,898 posts

24th Aug 2008 at 3:51 pm

Snowflake - Lady Lobschter

Lady Lobschter

Quote: Lilac_Leopard
Quote: Look_Dad_No_Tunes
Halifax pay 5% on their current account, which is pretty handy.

Not to me they f*cking don't. The thing says it's meant to be 5% but they've paid me about 3%. Hence why I can't be a*sed transferring my wages from my current account. It's quite easy to end up with more than a grand that way if you don't spend owt.

I refuse to keep more than is necessary in my current account. I've had people spending my money for me more than once. It's what I have an overdraft for. Anything else goes into my ISA for rainy days.

(and for reference I got paid £1600 last month, so yes, I do end up with more than a grand in my current account, I just choose not to keep it there for the obvious reason).
self-confessed spamaholic

about as useful as trying to put the pin back in the grenade

Me and Matt - King and Queen lobster spam team!!

Snowflake

| 11,898 posts

24th Aug 2008 at 4:18 pm

Lady Lobschter

Well, all that happened pre online banking and chip and pin - one of the people I used to work with broke into our lockers and cloned our cards somehow. I only really noticed and was able to get the money back because I was in Egypt at the time money was coming out of my account in Birmingham.

I have never been to Birmingham.

And I'm still paranoid.

And Amy, I'm now £332 overdrawn and I only got paid so much cause work have really f*cked up my pay for the last 8 months or so and have only just sorted it.

Chris Kamara

| 24,049 posts

24th Aug 2008 at 4:29 pm

Chris Kamara -

I haven't got much money because I have a house and a wife and a cat and an addiction to popcorn chicken, but I'm still a nice person.

Chris Kamara

| 24,049 posts

24th Aug 2008 at 4:33 pm

Chris Kamara -

Snowflake

| 11,898 posts

24th Aug 2008 at 4:43 pm

Lady Lobschter

The new shape Ford Ka.

Just eeewww.

Offends my lil Tonto so it does.

Snowflake

| 11,898 posts

24th Aug 2008 at 4:51 pm

Lady Lobschter

[http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/images/front_picture_library_UK/dir_489/car_photo_244752_7.jpg]

It's just wrong

Snowflake

| 11,898 posts

24th Aug 2008 at 4:54 pm

Lady Lobschter

I've seen dog sh*t that looks better than that.

Why change something so popular? It works. Christ, it's been around for more than 10 years!

Chris Kamara

| 24,049 posts

24th Aug 2008 at 5:01 pm

Chris Kamara -

Why not consolidate all your debts into one single easy monthly payment? That way you will owe a lot less because, according to the adverts, magical fairies take some of your debts away, so it's worthwhile doing.

I thought I saw a fairy once but it turned out to be a large glowing bee.

wombat

| 8,154 posts

24th Aug 2008 at 5:03 pm

wombat - Technically sexy.

Technically sexy.

I never realised Martin was funny before, but he has so far made e laugh twice today.
Southern hemispherical rat boy

Chris Kamara

| 24,049 posts

24th Aug 2008 at 5:08 pm

Chris Kamara -

I met Jimmy Carr the other week and we had a good chat and he's a very nice bloke indeed. Seems a good bit quieter than he is on stage; his shows are all an act it would appear.

Also Mark, a bill is in the post, many thanks.

Chris Kamara

| 24,049 posts

24th Aug 2008 at 5:10 pm

Chris Kamara -

Yeah! Who needs Dads in this day and age anyway? All mine does is put up shelves and drink mild.

Chris Kamara

| 24,049 posts

24th Aug 2008 at 5:15 pm

Chris Kamara -

Well you can have mine, once he gives me back my USB stick.

Tobias Fünke

| 4,730 posts

24th Aug 2008 at 6:29 pm

I blue myself.

Quote: farmer_jack
I met Jimmy Carr the other week and we had a good chat and he's a very nice bloke indeed. Seems a good bit quieter than he is on stage; his shows are all an act it would appear.

A sh*t f*cking act, at that. Corporate w*nker.
Analrapist.

Snowflake

| 11,898 posts

24th Aug 2008 at 6:34 pm

Lady Lobschter

Veet's rubbish.

Chris Kamara

| 24,049 posts

24th Aug 2008 at 7:31 pm

Chris Kamara -

Quote: Look_Dad_No_Tunes
Quote: farmer_jack

A sh*t f*cking act, at that. Corporate w*nker.

Haha yeah forgot you don't like him. I do

I'll tell you who I don't like, though:-
[list][*]Jim Davidson
[*]Jo Brand
[*]Noel Fielding
[/list]
I used to quite like Mark Lamarr, but now I think he's sh*t.

Tobias Fünke

| 4,730 posts

24th Aug 2008 at 7:39 pm

I blue myself.

But you're not allowed to have opinions and sh*t!

(Didn't Jimmy Carr try to sue Jim Davidson for stealing material? That's got to be worrying).

Agreed on the other 4 too. Amstell destroyed Fielding, albeit in a chummy, jokey way.

I'm going to rant about the state of stand up comedy one day. It's in an absolutely dire state, yet it's more successful than ever. Hmm.
Analrapist.

Chris Kamara

| 24,049 posts

24th Aug 2008 at 7:47 pm

Chris Kamara -

Opinions are one of the biggest problems in society at the moment, in my opinion.

I really cannot abide Jo Brand actually; it's more than just a dislike. You're right though, the state of stand up comedy is not good. There's a sprinkling of talent in what is otherwise a cesspit of toss.

I quite like Lee Mack at the moment. He's not utterly hilarious, but he's a likeable chap, and his stand-up DVD was worth the money.

Tobias Fünke

| 4,730 posts

24th Aug 2008 at 7:59 pm

I blue myself.

Lee Mack is a "straight up, tells jokes" comedian, which is refreshing these days. Very much in the Frank Skinner fold (but less filthy)...no matter what you think of Frank, he's a brilliant standup.

I think Frankie Boyle is the biggest disappointment to me. His timing and his delivery are fearsome....but he's stuck to this schtick of trying to be overtly offensive and crude, which gets tired very quickly. Though compared to the rest of the f*ckwits on MTW, he's a different class.
Analrapist.

Chris Kamara

| 24,049 posts

24th Aug 2008 at 8:01 pm

Chris Kamara -

Agreed on all counts there.

Frank Skinner is an excellent joke teller; he always gets a laugh out of me. David Baddiel... not so much. He just strikes me as being awkward. He's not offensive or shockingly bad... he just doesn't really do anything. There's no real personality about him, or at least not when I've watched him anyway.

Dinglebutt

| 11,949 posts

24th Aug 2008 at 8:08 pm

Dinglebutt - I aim to misbehave

I aim to misbehave

if you's want great stand up comedy, might i suggest checking out Dara O Briains show on youtube at the theatre royal. Best stand up dvd i've ever seen
Mal: Appears we got here just in the nick of time. What does that make us?
Zoë: Big damn heroes, sir.
Mal: Ain't we just.

Chris Kamara

| 24,049 posts

24th Aug 2008 at 8:10 pm

Chris Kamara -

I do like him; he's - dare I say it - hilarious, at times.

Also, Peter Kay, I no longer like or enjoy.

Dissimulation

| 5,671 posts

24th Aug 2008 at 8:11 pm

Dissimulation -

Jim Jefferies and Dylan Moran are definitely up there as well.

Tobias Fünke

| 4,730 posts

24th Aug 2008 at 8:11 pm

I blue myself.

Ah Baddiel, he's a decent writer but he's always managed to get on the coatails of brilliant comedians (Rob Newman, Frank Skinner), which inevitably makes him look a bit redundant. The unplanned thing showed him up more than ever - particularly as Skinner is a natural funny man.

I think the problem with standup comedy is that it grew beyond it's means, too many people made a career whilst not retaining that notion of actually being a funny f*cker. I loathe Peter Kay and what he's become, but the man had a talent to make people laugh, without material. Same can't be said for a lot of career comedians.

Jesus, this is all a bit stuffily serious.

Why are there no aspirins in the jungle?
Because there isn't a sufficient customer base to support the infrastructure required to sell pharmaceuticals.
Analrapist.

Tobias Fünke

| 4,730 posts

24th Aug 2008 at 8:16 pm

I blue myself.

Quote: Paddy_Irishman
if you's want great stand up comedy, might i suggest checking out Dara O Briains show on youtube at the theatre royal. Best stand up dvd i've ever seen

Can't say I'm a fan. He makes a good compere, not sure he's got the material or the stage presence for a full show. Many seemingly disagree, judging by the numbers that see him. He seems like an affable, decent guy though, it's difficult not to like him.

He does goes 'eeeeerrr' a lot after telling a gag though, which is very annoying. Very David Coleman.
Analrapist.

Chris Kamara

| 24,049 posts

24th Aug 2008 at 8:27 pm

Chris Kamara -

You're not wrong; it's tiresome, and on the very rare occasions she isn't mentioning being fat, she still isn't funny. I'm all for giving people a chance, but she ran out of them in the 90's.

Michael Mcintyre is on Dave at the mo' with Jo Brand. I wish I didn't find him so annoying. If his jokes were being told by someone else, they'd be funnier. Well, some of them.

Chris Kamara

| 24,049 posts

24th Aug 2008 at 8:33 pm

Chris Kamara -

Quote: Lemony_Zester
I'm all for feminism and feminist comedy. BUT THE LATTER HAS TO BE FUNNY!

It's no use saying: oh, I told my man to go to the shops and get me some tampons and he didn't know there were so many varieties. So he got me small for light flow. HAHAHAHA. What use is that? I am a BIG woman with a BIG vagina. That's like sticking having sex with a chippolata. It just doesn't go. LAUGHS and CUE LAUGHTER.

THERE IS NO LAUGHTER BECAUSE IT ISN'T f*ckING FUNNY YOU FAT wh*re!

Ahem.

Hahaha, that's a lot funnier than when Jo Brand tells it.

Tobias Fünke

| 4,730 posts

24th Aug 2008 at 8:37 pm

I blue myself.

In fairness, she was a reaction to a lot of sexist attitudes prevalent in the time of the late 80's/early 90's, particularly in standup circles. A lot of women supported her, out of some misguided sense of "sista" loyalty.

She was never EVER funny, though. How she's hung around for so long is anyone's guess.
Analrapist.

Πανδώρα

| 15,328 posts

24th Aug 2008 at 8:58 pm

Πανδώρα -

Quote: Rebel_Fairy
[http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/images/front_picture_library_UK/dir_489/car_photo_244752_7.jpg]

It's just wrong

looks like a f*cking micra
micras are disgusting, the only good micra i can think of is this one
[http://www.suzuki-samurai.nl/tech/elektr-fan/nissan-micra.jpg]

but according to my friends i don't know sh*t about cars

and not liking playboy makes me some kind of freak

ah yes, what i actually came in here to say was rabbits.

f*cking little c*nts.
both of 'em.
white one keeps going under the enclosed base hutches, grey ones just a git in general & attacked squeeler in his own hutch
*burp*

Πανδώρα

| 15,328 posts

24th Aug 2008 at 9:13 pm

Πανδώρα -

one other thing, MY A*SE IS F*CKING SORE >____<
*burp*

Πανδώρα: Beefy cheesemas to all, and to all a gravy brie
Rayanne Graff: Happy Easter.
IGH: Just who was The Brigadier
ratammer: squeak
IGH: Wibble
Vel: *sigh*
Emma: Hi VR...
Princess Psycho: Hi I am back in the UK so how are everyone been keeping. Has Fluffy had that little accident yet?
Claire: SHOUTBOX OF VRRRRRR
Rayanne Graff: Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
Lucozade Lover: Happy New Year!
Crinkle-Cut Beatroot: Happy new year <3
Claire: BOXSHOUT
Rayanne Graff: Happy Easter.
Emma: So… Posting a new thread is Fission Mailing… so I’m putting this here.
Emma: I know there aren’t many people looking at this anymore… but I have made the decision to stop paying for the VR hosting and to let the domain lapse.
Emma: I think it will be going offline around the end of May
Emma: It’s been almost 10 years since James passed away… and I feel like it’s time.
Emma: A lot of the regulars can be found on the VR veterans group on Facebook - if you see this and you’re not in there, come join us.

Page: