A rant, but not mine

Posted In: Rants. Reading This Thread:

Cant_Be_Bothered

| 1,461 posts

27th Jan 2003 at 11:38 pm

Cant_Be_Bothered - Did i wander off topic again? How rare

Did i wander off topic again? How rare

Jo recently sent me this rant posted by someone on another forum she's part of (death to the traitor).

Edited by Cant_Be_Bothered Jan 2003
I thought id try optimism, but i didnt think it would work
"Life's a b*tch, this is true. But she's my b*tch"
The Meek Militant group: Taking over the world (as long as no-one minds)

Cant_Be_Bothered

| 1,461 posts

28th Jan 2003 at 9:23 pm

No comments?
I feel so unloved
*BAWL*

Cant_Be_Bothered

| 1,461 posts

28th Jan 2003 at 9:37 pm

A friend of mine came up with an answer to this rant, which explains things from the girls perspective. I'll try to reproduce what she said as best i can, but i dunno if its possible.

Attraction in a girl is a superficial process (just as much so in men, but for different reasons). They are attracted to a "lad" or a "funny guy", people who seem nice and entertaining, but with a bit of a rough edge. Then they get into a relationship with this guy, and they grow very fond of that person. However, the act soon begins to wear thin as the girl wants something more than the lad, she wants someone who cares. But sadly, the asshole doesnt care, since he is an asshole, and by this point the girl has grown so fond of him that its too hard for her to dump him. So she goes to her nice guy friend and tells him all her worries, because she cant say em to the asshole otherwise he might dump her, which she couldnt stand by this point, or he promise to change, and the girl believes it cause she's smitten, but never does so. The asshole realises he has the girl and he can do whatever he wants, and she'll let him get away with it. And so he does, and the poor girl gets hurt, and the nice guy helps his friend.
The point of this is that the girl becomes attached to the asshole through initial attraction, but then cant break free when she realises whats underneath. Its like skating on thin ice: looks fun at first, but then the ice breaks and you see the real water underneath, and its almost impossible to surface. The nice guy on the other hand does not possess the qualities that a girl initially looks for, he just possesses those the girl wants in a relationship, but without the starter qualities there is no attraction=no relationship.
Also the girl has the fear that if she goes out with the nice guy he could become an asshole, as all males are highly suceptible (i dont care about spelling) to it, so its very possible. If that happens the girl is in an even worse situation: she's stuck with an asshole again, but this time she doesnt have her friend to support her.

As with my usual essays, i start somewhere, but get lost along the way, although i eventually find the end point. Dunno how much sense that made, i'll modify it if it doesnt

aporkalypse

| 4,428 posts

28th Jan 2003 at 9:37 pm

aporkalypse - rawr![/comedy finish]

rawr![/comedy finish]

Hey I think its hilarious that all "nice" guys seem to feel such a great bond with this guy, one would say empathy if one could, hence forth one shall say empathy int he right context, forth with this conversational thread.
Nice guys. Pah.
A firm favourite for fake alibis and general practices.

[quote author=Citizen Twiggy link=board=spam;num=1105791842;start=390#391 date=04/18/05 at 19:17:29]He said my lack of height was alright because he was looking for quirks.[/quote]

Cant_Be_Bothered

| 1,461 posts

28th Jan 2003 at 9:40 pm

Quote: dottedline_
Hey I think its hilarious that all "nice" guys seem to feel such a great bond with this guy, one would say empathy if one could, hence forth one shall say empathy int he right context, forth with this conversational thread.
Nice guys. Pah.

??? ??? ???
Huh?

Captain Spiky

| 9,183 posts

28th Jan 2003 at 9:56 pm

Captain Spiky - Cockwomble

Cockwomble

Well I've read the thing and i can totally see where this guy's coming from (seeing as how I'm a nice guy myself and all... Well, most of the time )
However, he is wrong in one respect - there IS such a thing as the perfect asshole... He's called Russell Crowe.
Now that we're here we may as well go too far.

Cant_Be_Bothered

| 1,461 posts

28th Jan 2003 at 9:59 pm

How is he perfect? Have you ever met him?

aporkalypse

| 4,428 posts

28th Jan 2003 at 10:00 pm

rawr![/comedy finish]

[quote=Cant_Be_Bothered_ link=1043710728/0#3 date=1043789862]A friend of mine came up with an answer to this rant, which explains things from the girls perspective. I'll try to reproduce what she said as best i can, but i dunno if its possible.

Attraction in a girl is a superficial process (just as much so in men, but for different reasons). They are attracted to a "lad" or a "funny guy", people who seem nice and entertaining, but with a bit of a rough edge. Then they get into a relationship with this guy, and they grow very fond of that person. However, the act soon begins to wear thin as the girl wants something more than the lad, she wants someone who cares. But sadly, the asshole doesnt care, since he is an asshole, and by this point the girl has grown so fond of him that its too hard for her to dump him. So she goes to her nice guy friend and tells him all her worries, because she cant say em to the asshole otherwise he might dump her, which she couldnt stand by this point, or he promise to change, and the girl believes it cause she's smitten, but never does so. The asshole realises he has the girl and he can do whatever he wants, and she'll let him get away with it. And so he does, and the poor girl gets hurt, and the nice guy helps his friend.
The point of this is that the girl becomes attached to the asshole through initial attraction, but then cant break free when she realises whats underneath. Its like skating on thin ice: looks fun at first, but then the ice breaks and you see the real water underneath, and its almost impossible to surface.

[quote author=Citizen Twiggy link=board=spam;num=1105791842;start=390#391 date=04/18/05 at 19:17:29]He said my lack of height was alright because he was looking for quirks.[/quote]

Captain Spiky

| 9,183 posts

28th Jan 2003 at 10:07 pm

Cockwomble

Quote: Cant_Be_Bothered_
How is he perfect? Have you ever met him?

Yes. He lives in my basement. I feed him fish heads.

Been training dogs

| 4,685 posts

28th Jan 2003 at 10:08 pm

Hey!

Lies about the nice guy getting the girl he likes.
My boyfriend is a very nice guy. He very occasionally, unintentionally p*sses me off. but hes human.

And I presume he likes me because he asked me out...

people who generalize are idiots
Maybe in order to understand mankind, we have to look at the word itself: "Mankind". Basically, it's made up of two separate words - "mank" and "ind". What do these words mean ? It's a mystery, and that's why so is mankind.

http://www.cco.net/~jpete/deepthou.htm

Captain Spiky

| 9,183 posts

28th Jan 2003 at 10:17 pm

Cockwomble

Quote: Dr_Futurity_
Hey!

Lies about the nice guy getting the girl he likes.
My boyfriend is a very nice guy. He very occasionally, unintentionally p*sses me off. but hes human.

And I presume he likes me because he asked me out...

people who generalize are idiots

Clearly you are the exception that proves the rule. Evidentally you are far more enlightened than most girls. Well done you.
(Hey, I'm good at this sucking up lark, arent i?)

Been training dogs

| 4,685 posts

28th Jan 2003 at 10:21 pm

[quote=Captain_Spiky_ link=1043710728/0#12 date=1043792239]Clearly you are the exception that proves the rule.
Maybe in order to understand mankind, we have to look at the word itself: "Mankind". Basically, it's made up of two separate words - "mank" and "ind". What do these words mean ? It's a mystery, and that's why so is mankind.

http://www.cco.net/~jpete/deepthou.htm

Cant_Be_Bothered

| 1,461 posts

28th Jan 2003 at 11:06 pm

Added another link to the title. Jo sent me this one too. Its very good

Captain Spiky

| 9,183 posts

28th Jan 2003 at 11:27 pm

Cockwomble

Quote: Dr_Futurity_

Okay, what are you after?

And im positive my boyfriend isnt some asshole pretending to be a nice guy...hes too nice to be an asshole And an asshole would get bored of acting nice. i think nice sums him up pretty well.

I'm not after anything... Although

aporkalypse

| 4,428 posts

28th Jan 2003 at 11:43 pm

rawr![/comedy finish]

Its just a generlaisation of what guys say.
Chicks that go out with assholes always have an emotional crutch, so theyre getting the physical side off him and the emotional weepy and girly (shudders) side of things from the emotional crutch.
Guys do the same. Truecore.
But as ma'am already said, not all guys who are goin out wi people are assholes...I personally would have the guys a*s beaten if he tried being any less than a gentleman to me. But heh that hasnt needed to happen.
Once again, girls can be "too nice" or "better off as friends"
Its not one way

Cant_Be_Bothered

| 1,461 posts

2nd Feb 2003 at 12:17 am

Quote: dottedline_

I personally would have the guys a*s beaten if he tried being any less than a gentleman to me. But heh that hasnt needed to happen.

Id be careful about advertising that, some people like wierd things like that.
*shudders*
And before some smart a*s says, no, i dont like that kind of stuff (there's always one who says that)

aporkalypse

| 4,428 posts

2nd Feb 2003 at 12:28 am

rawr![/comedy finish]

*refrains from said comment*

Πανδώρα: Beefy cheesemas to all, and to all a gravy brie
Rayanne Graff: Happy Easter.
IGH: Just who was The Brigadier
ratammer: squeak
IGH: Wibble
Vel: *sigh*
Emma: Hi VR...
Princess Psycho: Hi I am back in the UK so how are everyone been keeping. Has Fluffy had that little accident yet?
Claire: SHOUTBOX OF VRRRRRR
Rayanne Graff: Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
Lucozade Lover: Happy New Year!
Crinkle-Cut Beatroot: Happy new year <3
Claire: BOXSHOUT
Rayanne Graff: Happy Easter.
Emma: So… Posting a new thread is Fission Mailing… so I’m putting this here.
Emma: I know there aren’t many people looking at this anymore… but I have made the decision to stop paying for the VR hosting and to let the domain lapse.
Emma: I think it will be going offline around the end of May
Emma: It’s been almost 10 years since James passed away… and I feel like it’s time.
Emma: A lot of the regulars can be found on the VR veterans group on Facebook - if you see this and you’re not in there, come join us.

One Page