New Thinking

Posted In: Spam. Reading This Thread:

Delirium Tremens

| 1,875 posts

26th Jan 2011 at 6:37 pm

Delirium Tremens -

Yeah, I just watched Role Models with Sean William Scott - he's in it with SWS, Stifler didn't pop round to watch a film on TV, well of course you wouldn't have thought that, it's so unlikely as to be impossible, but I was semi-humorously covering for a poorly constructed sentence which has now run on, one that I'd change from the start but I'm now quite enjoying the shape of this post - and it's a very watchable film.

Dinglebutt

| 11,949 posts

26th Jan 2011 at 9:27 pm

Dinglebutt - I aim to misbehave

I aim to misbehave

Was invited to be on the radio in the morning to discuss JFK's assassination. Life takes some strange turns sometimes.
Mal: Appears we got here just in the nick of time. What does that make us?
Zoë: Big damn heroes, sir.
Mal: Ain't we just.

Dinglebutt

| 11,949 posts

26th Jan 2011 at 9:34 pm

I aim to misbehave

Paul Rudd doesn't get the recognition he deserves. Nearly always gives a solid performance, and no matter what weird event happens to his character, he always pulls it off brilliantly. Even his role in Forgetting Sarah Marshall was hilarious and brilliantly played even though, in the hands of many other actors like Vaughn and Stiller, could have come off with too much of a 'cameo cos I know the director' feel.

Albert Johanneson

| 14,477 posts

27th Jan 2011 at 1:07 am

Albert Johanneson - Outside-left

Outside-left

In the past year I've fallen out of touch with quite of lot of mid to long term friends, and the strange things is that I don't miss them at all

Rayanne Graff

| 76,001 posts

27th Jan 2011 at 11:50 am

Rayanne Graff - River Phoenix

River Phoenix

i was supposed to have three wisdom teeth and one dead tooth taken out in November but they only took two out as i have stubborn teeth. So i have to have the other two taken out today.
*[http://www.vegetablerevolution.co.uk/uploads/549604.jpg]*

Little Blue Fox.

| 4,256 posts

27th Jan 2011 at 12:36 pm

Little Blue Fox. - Hope is important.

Hope is important.

Quote: Charles D*ckens, Jan 2011
Role Models is a solid film, as is I Love You, Man. Dude is a totally solid comedic actor and is seriously under-rated, should be in the Ferrell/Vaugh/Stiller league but seems just slightly below. Same can be said for Jason Segal in my opinion.

Paul Rudd is really cool! - He is really funny and sweet and open, I think. He makes lots of small and straight and serious-ish characters too, but he is really funny and interesting, always.
I really like Jason Segal too - it is really cool he is writing a new Muppets movie. It is really exciting!
I do not like Vince Vaughan and Ben Stiller so much - lots of their characters are samey and over-rated, I think.

It hurts too much not to try.
I will see you in another life when we are both cats.
Quod perditum est, in venietur.*Facebook.

Πανδώρα

| 15,328 posts

27th Jan 2011 at 1:02 pm

Πανδώρα -

so. my exercising, eating better & drinking more water have left me feeling like sh*t and my stomach killing?

i SO want to carry on with this right now ¬_¬
ugh

*burp*

Little Blue Fox.

| 4,256 posts

27th Jan 2011 at 1:20 pm

Little Blue Fox. - Hope is important.

Hope is important.

Yes! Also, his tiny cameo in Anchorman too.
It hurts too much not to try.
I will see you in another life when we are both cats.
Quod perditum est, in venietur.*Facebook.

Delirium Tremens

| 1,875 posts

29th Jan 2011 at 10:33 pm

Delirium Tremens -

It was an extremely clever tactical move for the students to align themselves with the unions. It's a mature and tempering influence on the protests themselves and also lends them a credibility among the sceptical working class.

Dinglebutt

| 11,949 posts

29th Jan 2011 at 11:53 pm

I aim to misbehave

Quote: Animal, Jan 2011
Several things.

I'm borderline giving up on music. It's something I've mulled over for a while, I could have been a fantastic drummer as opposed to a capable one, sadly after college I seemed to stop giving it the time it deserves. Additionally I have now been relegated to playing the same sh*tty covers over and over with two average players and one awesome one, one of them forgets material we've played since day one, now do we seem to be progressing as a band.

I'm also borderline on f*cking everything off and skidaddling to Newcastle. I genuinely like the city and can think of one very good reason to head up there, though considering that same reason is going to be Salford soon it strikes me as a short sighted strategy at best.

Finally, I think I need a major and I mean MAJOR Change of direction in the next few years. I'm stagnating and not moving forwards I dislike this.

How far is Salford from Newcastle?

Other than that, you're an amazingly clever bloke. I'm sure finding a new job or even a new career path won't be *overly* difficult, so I think it's something you should look into anyway and try and suss it out.

LoonyPandora

| 17,916 posts

30th Jan 2011 at 9:08 pm

LoonyPandora - Daft Cow?

Daft Cow?

Cheers Batherington.

Newcastle is about 200 miles from salford, give or take.

As for the career change. We will see. To be honest, I was p*ssed off with a lot of things last night when I wrote that. Still, a change would be nice.

Newcastle is cold, and there are sod all jobs up there. Dunlop left because there were no tech jobs, he's down in London too.

LoonyPandora

| 17,916 posts

30th Jan 2011 at 9:16 pm

LoonyPandora - Daft Cow?

Daft Cow?

Quote: LoonyPandora, Jan 2011
Cheers Batherington.

As for the career change. We will see. To be honest, I was p*ssed off with a lot of things last night when I wrote that. Still, a change would be nice.

Newcastle is cold, and there are sod all jobs up there. Dunlop left because there were no tech jobs, he's down in London too.
As has been stated I'm not moving to Newcastle.

As for tech jobs, he obviously was either being too picky or not looking hard enough, a few guys I work with lived up there and had no issues with getting jobs in tech.

I struggled when I had a look. Don't forget times have changed since your pals lived up there.

PsyPo

| 2,175 posts

31st Jan 2011 at 10:30 am

PsyPo - The original potato.

The original potato.

Cheers Batherington.

As has been stated I'm not moving to Newcastle.

As for tech jobs, he obviously was either being too picky or not looking hard enough, a few guys I work with lived up there and had no issues with getting jobs in tech.

I struggled when I had a look. Don't forget times have changed since your pals lived up there.
And obviously since Dunlop was there too.. One of them was living there twelve months ago at the most, so yeah, things have changed, but not that much. I know both his ex employers are still going and still hiring.

You're not wrong. Pretty much the whole of the North East, never mind Newcastle, is a nightmare for finding work at the moment. I should know; it's taken me over two years from leaving college to finally find a position in admin (separated by voluntary work in a charity shop for experience), and I'm not even gonna have that come the end of March as they can't afford to keep me on.

On the bright side, at least Bishop Auckland College are helping me to find something to continue my NVQ, so all is not lost hopefully.
Follow me on Twitter: @DJKrisopolis
Follow me on Twister: Right Hand Green!

http://thekettlereview.blogspot.co.uk/
http://52876.bandcamp.com/

Πανδώρα

| 15,328 posts

31st Jan 2011 at 5:58 pm

Πανδώρα -

completely and utterly knackered today.

that hamster is so close to being dumped in the fish tank.
chewwing bars until all f*cking hours despite being taken out twice & spending an hour & a half in her ball

lets see what racket you can make in a glass tank
*burp*

Dinglebutt

| 11,949 posts

31st Jan 2011 at 10:47 pm

I aim to misbehave

I want to go and see a medium/psychic. Go in open minded and see what it's like, and how accurate they are. I also want to try and plant an idea in their head that I want to talk to someone who is actually alive.

But I also want to bring a dictophone. Is that legal to record them without them knowing?

Delirium Tremens

| 1,875 posts

1st Feb 2011 at 11:39 am

Delirium Tremens -

Quote: Abin Cooper, Jan 2011
I want to go and see a medium/psychic. Go in open minded and see what it's like, and how accurate they are. I also want to try and plant an idea in their head that I want to talk to someone who is actually alive.

But I also want to bring a dictophone. Is that legal to record them without them knowing?

Me Mum went and the medium gave her a tape of the session afterwards.

Dinglebutt

| 11,949 posts

1st Feb 2011 at 12:44 pm

I aim to misbehave

Might do it. It's not like I'm going to try and catch the medium out. I just think it'd be interesting to see it for myself. I'm fairly lucky insofar as I only really know 3 people who've died who would be in any way close to me, even though one of them I barely saw in the last few years and was never really that close to anyway, and the other two weren't related to me. So if a medium was lying, they'd have a fairly tough time trying to get them right.

Delirium Tremens

| 1,875 posts

1st Feb 2011 at 12:51 pm

Delirium Tremens -

Quote: Abin Cooper, Feb 2011
So if a medium was lying, they'd have a fairly tough time trying to get them right.

I mean, they're going to be lying, Barry.

Dinglebutt

| 11,949 posts

1st Feb 2011 at 2:28 pm

I aim to misbehave

Quote: James, Feb 2011
So if a medium was lying, they'd have a fairly tough time trying to get them right.

Of course, I meant that they'd have a hard time trying to explain that they aren't lying.

Dinglebutt

| 11,949 posts

1st Feb 2011 at 2:45 pm

I aim to misbehave

Quote: Charles D*ckens, Feb 2011

Of course, I meant that they'd have a hard time trying to explain that they aren't lying.

I think there are certainly many mediums that lie but I think there are also plenty that are fooling themselves as much as anyone else. The ones that charge are more likely to be outright lying.
If you catch them in a lie they'll already have a way out anyway, they always do.

That's why I'm not going to tell them they're lying. I'm going to let them dig a hole so deep they won't be able to get out of it. Another reason why I'd want to record it. I know they'll still insist they aren't lying, it was someone elses spirit... etc. At least when anyone tells me "I'm going to see a medium/psychic this weekend", I can educate them and charge them less for it.

Delirium Tremens

| 1,875 posts

1st Feb 2011 at 3:29 pm

Delirium Tremens -

Quote: Charles D*ckens, Feb 2011

I think there are certainly many mediums that lie but I think there are also plenty that are fooling themselves as much as anyone else. The ones that charge are more likely to be outright lying.

My mother suffered a great deal of strain when my uncle died, and she sought solace in the Colin Frys and Tony Stockwells of the world. I did a quick wiki to check their names and found:

Quote:
Fry, who at one time performed under the stage name of "Lincoln", was seemingly exposed in 1992 when during a séance the lights were unexpectedly turned on and he was seen holding a spirit trumpet in the air, which the audience had been led to believe was being levitated by spiritual energy. Fry mentioned the trumpet incident in his books, and gave an explanation saying he was in a trance state, and as an inexperienced medium, did not take suitable precautions to prevent lower entities from taking control.
In another incident Fry, who was 28 at the time, groped a young man's crotch during a seance. Fry claims that he was possessed at the time and the action was "the will of the spirits".

Anyway, she did find some peace from the psychic she visited. I listened back to the tape she brought home and the lady seemed to work more as a kind of cup-of-tea therapist, listening to Mum talk about her grief. When she got onto the actual supernatural side of the visit, it got a little less respectable, but the woman seemed to believe what was going on. She didn't "contact" my uncle, but my mum left feeling better.

I can't hate that woman. I think she was doing what she thought was good and good came of it. If I'd felt she knew what she was up to was a complete crock of sh*t, I would have gone round and committed some pointless, ineffectual petty vandalism around her house to make myself feel better.

Colin Fry remains a complete scumbag.

Dinglebutt

| 11,949 posts

1st Feb 2011 at 4:02 pm

I aim to misbehave

Colin Fry remains a complete scumbag.

Or a f*cking genius. "I didn't feel your crotch! It was the ghost in control of my body! And yes, the ghost also made me masturbate in the dark when I thought you couldn't see me! That damn ghost!"

If the mediums help people, fair enough. But there are better, more ethical ways of doing so. Therapists could help grieving people far more effectively.

Delirium Tremens

| 1,875 posts

1st Feb 2011 at 4:18 pm

Delirium Tremens -

If the mediums help people, fair enough. But there are better, more ethical ways of doing so. Therapists could help grieving people far more effectively.

Agreed.

Delirium Tremens

| 1,875 posts

4th Feb 2011 at 11:33 am

Delirium Tremens -

Today looks to be quite nice right up until the point where I have to leave my house AND STEP INTO THE TORNADO.

Πανδώρα

| 15,328 posts

4th Feb 2011 at 8:32 pm

Πανδώρα -

why did i say i'd go out?

i can;t really afford it

and i've got nothing to wear
*burp*

Dinglebutt

| 11,949 posts

4th Feb 2011 at 10:22 pm

I aim to misbehave

My 9 year old twin cousins just added me on Facebook. Hope they don't see that picture of knob rot

Πανδώρα: Beefy cheesemas to all, and to all a gravy brie
Rayanne Graff: Happy Easter.
IGH: Just who was The Brigadier
ratammer: squeak
IGH: Wibble
Vel: *sigh*
Emma: Hi VR...
Princess Psycho: Hi I am back in the UK so how are everyone been keeping. Has Fluffy had that little accident yet?
Claire: SHOUTBOX OF VRRRRRR
Rayanne Graff: Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
Lucozade Lover: Happy New Year!
Crinkle-Cut Beatroot: Happy new year <3
Claire: BOXSHOUT
Rayanne Graff: Happy Easter.
Emma: So… Posting a new thread is Fission Mailing… so I’m putting this here.
Emma: I know there aren’t many people looking at this anymore… but I have made the decision to stop paying for the VR hosting and to let the domain lapse.
Emma: I think it will be going offline around the end of May
Emma: It’s been almost 10 years since James passed away… and I feel like it’s time.
Emma: A lot of the regulars can be found on the VR veterans group on Facebook - if you see this and you’re not in there, come join us.

Page: