New Thinking

Posted In: Spam. Reading This Thread:

wombat

| 8,154 posts

8th Jan 2011 at 1:38 pm

wombat - Technically sexy.

Technically sexy.

So.

I look after this disabled kid as a personal assistant every now and then.

Today is his birthday, and I've been asked to go to his party, which is a 'lads night in' of him and a few of his friends.

Thing is, I have no idea if I'm doing this as a friend, or if I'm being paid.

I could really do with the money, but its a little awkward to ask his mum...
Southern hemispherical rat boy

wombat

| 8,154 posts

8th Jan 2011 at 1:43 pm

wombat - Technically sexy.

Technically sexy.

I just went on Facebook, and there was an advert for Hampshire careworkers.... and they have used HIS PICTURE!
Southern hemispherical rat boy

Delirium Tremens

| 1,875 posts

8th Jan 2011 at 6:15 pm

Delirium Tremens -

I'd imagine Mark would have to put it in with the rest of his hours if he was going to get any money out of it.

If I were going to my client's party I don't think I'd be paid.

Delirium Tremens

| 1,875 posts

8th Jan 2011 at 10:00 pm

Delirium Tremens -

Jesus f*cking Christ, a congresswoman's been shot in the head.

A congresswoman on Sarah Palin's "RELOAD" Hitlist. That had, like, actual f*cking targets on it.

http://www.businessinsider.com/gabrielle-giffords-was-on-sarah-palins-hit-list-2011-1

Little Blue Fox.

| 4,256 posts

11th Jan 2011 at 2:54 pm

Little Blue Fox. - Hope is important.

Hope is important.

It is really weird - dogs are pretty dogged, sometimes, I think, but cats are not catty so much, and also foxes are not foxy at-all. Also, badgers do not badger people to do lots of things, and lions are not lionised. It is really silly and confusing!

It hurts too much not to try.
I will see you in another life when we are both cats.
Quod perditum est, in venietur.*Facebook.

Dinglebutt

| 11,949 posts

12th Jan 2011 at 3:27 pm

Dinglebutt - I aim to misbehave

I aim to misbehave

Quote: Animal, Jan 2011
Quote: Charles D*ckens, Jan 2011
I'd agree that an offline PS3 is a waste but not in the same way as the 360, in my opinion.
How so? I mean you can play other people on them both (for free on the PS3) they both have (now at least) premium subscription services. They both offer other online services such as DLC, game downloads, TV and music streaming... I can't see much disparity between the two services..

Additionally if I recall the PS3 I had with Jim correctly, it has a browser while the 360 does not.. Though this has likely changed with the slimline.
I think the media streaming capabilities are cool on the PS3 but the online components you can directly compare to the 360s are uniformly worse, mainly down to bad design and implementation. Which is why I think an offline PS3 is a waste for different reasons to an offline 360.
I agree in terms of multiplayer the PS3 is inferior, what with Server issues and god knows what else.. I guess it just depends if you look at the online content as a whole or just the individual components.

I'd agree with George. While both are obviously geared to be used online, whenever I'm buying a game mostly for the single player (Assassin's Creed, Devil May Cry etc), I buy for the PS3. If I'm buying a game mostly for the multiplayer (Call of Duty, Fifa etc), 360 all the way. When I lived in Slane and didn't really have internet, the 360 barely got used, whereas the PS3 at least had the Blu Ray player. Plus I find it far better when using my external HD to watch videos and whatnot.

The 360 utilises online much better than the PS3, and pretty much beats it or is equal to it in every way, bar the PS3 having free online without a subscription. But the PS3 is a better all-rounder when taking offline into consideration.

And that's... My Opinion™
Mal: Appears we got here just in the nick of time. What does that make us?
Zoë: Big damn heroes, sir.
Mal: Ain't we just.

Dinglebutt

| 11,949 posts

12th Jan 2011 at 4:03 pm

I aim to misbehave

I prefer the 360 for any multi-platform game cause of achievements, which I am totally invested in at this point. Trophies are not implemented as well. I also think the 360's controller is better than the PS3s and...I just honestly prefer the 360 in just about any way you care to compare them.
I still wish I had a PS3 though, recently it has had more exclusives than the 360. Sony's raft of first party developers way outstrips Microsoft. Both companies have f*cked up recently though with their equally dumb 'me-too' approaches to motion control, f*ckers.
Also I prefer the 360 cause it's American so I know no little Japanese spy is gonna jump out of it and jack me, they're well small yo. You daft racist.

The Uncharted games are f*cking MEGA! Uncharted 2 was what Heavy Rain should have been. It truly felt like one big movie, but you actually got to control your character, no matter how much control Heavy Rain implied you had. I honestly think if there is one game to make anyone want a PS3, it's Uncharted 2. And I say that as a huge Metal Gear Solid fan. The God of War games are also fantastic

Dinglebutt

| 11,949 posts

12th Jan 2011 at 5:19 pm

I aim to misbehave

Both companies have f*cked up recently though with their equally dumb 'me-too' approaches to motion control, f*ckers.
The Kinict is me too?

I kinda thought this at first, but having really seen what is capable of, I think its vastly superior to anything the Wii can offer.

Yeah, it's a gimmicky me too device at the moment, but looking beyond this...

Any hardware is only as good as its software and the Kinect's current lineup is roundly terrible. Having watched lengthy video of pretty much every kinect game out being played by non-Microsoft employees it looks pretty rubbish to me. The hope that it would be fantastic for, at the very least, menu and UI navigation is sadly false as no developer, including Microsoft, has come up with a method of satisfactorily allowing users to quickly and easily browse menus and select options. The games made with it so far are just mini game collections.
I could write more but Microsoft's marketing strategy pretty much speaks for itself, they have made this a 'me-too' technology themselves and the evidence is all over everything they have done with it so far. It's also severely limited compared to it's initial promise and the amount of space it requires is simply unrealistic.
My mate got one for Christmas and since then every time I've seen him on Live he has been playing Borderlands.
Also I think the Move's technology is superior to both the Wii Remote and Kinect.

From what I understand, the Move can also detect rotational movement which the wii can't. It's also as precise as the Wiimote Plus (the upgraded Wiimote)

As for the Kinect, it seems like a fantastic piece of kit. But it'll not be used right. That's the problem. As you said, it's let down by it's software which is and largely will be mini games and the likes. Hell, Microsoft spent a lot of time just going through how you can control the menus with it rather than showcasing more games whenever there was a games show on

Delirium Tremens

| 1,875 posts

13th Jan 2011 at 12:48 pm

Delirium Tremens -

I really, really love naps. Now to try and drive my greatest enthusiasm into a career.

Delirium Tremens

| 1,875 posts

13th Jan 2011 at 9:52 pm

Delirium Tremens -

Quote: Annie, Jan 2011
Listening to The Fame Monster, I have developed a theory; Lada Gaga is in fact both Gwen Stefani and Christnina Aguilera at different times, and the crazy - usually face-concealing - outfits are so you don't notice them changing places.

Do you fancy paying me to take long relaxing sleeps on a comfy sofa during the day? I'll supply my own patchwork blanket and huge pillows. I can do whatever hours suit you.

Πανδώρα

| 15,328 posts

14th Jan 2011 at 1:47 am

Πανδώρα -

bed time then i suppose. see what tomorrow brings.

if she's fallen out with me over something like this then f*ck her, all i did was tell her we're going out in the afternoon, rather than on the night for something to eat
about an hour after i found out myself that that was what was happening ans she goes in an a*se over it?

i get that you're on a course tomorrow afternoon, i never even asked you to have any time off, why the hell even bring up that you can;t have time off it because you're going on holiday for your 21st?

all i did was tell you that the meal was cancelled, everyone has stuff going on and it's just inconvenient to have it tomorrow night
so me, maw, my sis and you, if you wanted to, were going somewhere in town for a bite in the afternoon, rather than everyone rushing around tonight and getting stressed over it, we'll go out as a family at a later date.

gives us a decent amount of time to get ready to go out drinking (again, if YOU wanted to go) in the evening as well, so it's just easier.

i was born on a f*cking awkward day ¬_¬
*burp*

Πανδώρα

| 15,328 posts

17th Jan 2011 at 12:55 pm

Πανδώρα -

right, how the hell are olympic using a COMPLETELY different airline to what they were, yet the flight times are exactly the same as the monarch flights, especially taking into account that diagoras only has the one runway (to my knowledge)

furthermore, i can't find any details on this "sky express" either, it's either a regional Russian company or a regional Cretan company

also. the holiday we wanted is damn cheap today but i daren't say about booking it as the flights will likely change
*burp*

Little Blue Fox.

| 4,256 posts

17th Jan 2011 at 1:10 pm

Little Blue Fox. - Hope is important.

Hope is important.

Me: Please is your neck ok? - It is lots of bruises...
Lisa: Yeah - Michael beats me up!
Me: Oh.
My mind: Gosh! It is probably not true.
Michael: Not really! They are love-bites!
Me: Um. Ok.
My mind: Aaaaaaaah!

It hurts too much not to try.
I will see you in another life when we are both cats.
Quod perditum est, in venietur.*Facebook.

Πανδώρα: Beefy cheesemas to all, and to all a gravy brie
Rayanne Graff: Happy Easter.
IGH: Just who was The Brigadier
ratammer: squeak
IGH: Wibble
Vel: *sigh*
Emma: Hi VR...
Princess Psycho: Hi I am back in the UK so how are everyone been keeping. Has Fluffy had that little accident yet?
Claire: SHOUTBOX OF VRRRRRR
Rayanne Graff: Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
Lucozade Lover: Happy New Year!
Crinkle-Cut Beatroot: Happy new year <3
Claire: BOXSHOUT
Rayanne Graff: Happy Easter.
Emma: So… Posting a new thread is Fission Mailing… so I’m putting this here.
Emma: I know there aren’t many people looking at this anymore… but I have made the decision to stop paying for the VR hosting and to let the domain lapse.
Emma: I think it will be going offline around the end of May
Emma: It’s been almost 10 years since James passed away… and I feel like it’s time.
Emma: A lot of the regulars can be found on the VR veterans group on Facebook - if you see this and you’re not in there, come join us.

Page: