Outside-left

Quote: Mr Bungle, Nov 2010
Quote: wombat, Nov 2010
Quote: Albert Johanneson, Nov 2010
Quote: Arjen Rudd, Nov 2010
Quote: Albert Johanneson, Nov 2010
Quote: Mr Bungle, Nov 2010
People that ONLY use twitter to post Jokes. Twitter does my nut in generally but I try to use it now and again but so many people just post jokes and nothing else, it's a bit weird.

Looks like fewer people will be using Twitter to post jokes

Gutted about this. I've known Paul for about 18 months now through our mutual love of Leeds United, and this has (predictably) knocked his plans for life on its a*se for the time being. I reckon Max Clifford could make him a f*cking fortune off this though.

I think it's great that Stephen Fry has offered to pay the fine, and other people willing to donate money, but this is something that will be attached to his name for the foreseeable future. Can't put a price on that unfortunately. I hope he does well though, whether it be financially or even just future employees being able to look past the stupidity of the courts decision.

Of course, there is the bigger issue of freedom of speech etc, but at the heart of it is one guy who shouldn't have to carry such a weight on his shoulders for his future

Part of his long-term plans are b*ggered now because he wanted to be an accountant, and he won't become chartered now that he's got a criminial record. I have no doubt that he'll receive job offers from sympathetic followers of his case, and would go as far as saying that he could make himself a tidy sum if a PR leech got hold of him.

I've been following the case and the barrister who acted for him.

I'm absolutely furious at the result, I've not to read the judgement, as I intend to, but I have yet to hear a convincing argument for why he should have been convicted.

He has a criminal record now for Christ's sake. a CRIMINAL F*CKING RECORD.

It's an absolute disgrace, it seems to me like it can't possibly be true. It completely boggles the mind, I heard him being interviewed on the radio and it made me really upset, everyone has done what he did and the fact it's ruined his career is disgraceful.

I was liking it when I saw thousands of people tweeting the same thing that got him arrested with #IAmSpartacus as the trending topic.

Rayanne Graff

| 76,001 posts

14th Nov 2010 at 11:48 am

Rayanne Graff - River Phoenix

River Phoenix

i hope the same as George; best wishes to Phil and his family.
*[http://www.vegetablerevolution.co.uk/uploads/549604.jpg]*

Albert Johanneson

| 14,477 posts

14th Nov 2010 at 5:28 pm

Albert Johanneson - Outside-left

Outside-left

Sh*t Phil, sorry to hear that bud. Not something where there's a "how to react" guide =/

Albert Johanneson

| 14,477 posts

14th Nov 2010 at 7:19 pm

Outside-left

Sorry to hear of your loss Laura. It's a bad day for stuff of the sort, it seems.

Dinglebutt

| 11,949 posts

14th Nov 2010 at 7:31 pm

Dinglebutt - I aim to misbehave

I aim to misbehave

Glad to hear your uncle's okay Phil

Sorry to hear about your aunt, Laura. Best wishes to you and your family.
Mal: Appears we got here just in the nick of time. What does that make us?
Zoë: Big damn heroes, sir.
Mal: Ain't we just.

Rayanne Graff

| 76,001 posts

14th Nov 2010 at 7:38 pm

Rayanne Graff - River Phoenix

River Phoenix

i agree with Baz and am glad that Phil's uncle is all right.

Edited by Rayanne Graff Jan 2015
*[http://www.vegetablerevolution.co.uk/uploads/549604.jpg]*

Πανδώρα

| 15,328 posts

14th Nov 2010 at 8:30 pm

Πανδώρα -

my maws uncle dennis is in hospital.

he had a valve replacement about 9 years ago and it's furred up & pretty much blocked, york couldn't do anything about it, so he's waiting to be transferred to leeds so they can operate on him there

was their 50th wedding anniversary last month, his niece died a week after that
hoping he's not going to follow suit as he's in really good health for his age
or so every one thought
*burp*

Dinglebutt

| 11,949 posts

15th Nov 2010 at 10:39 pm

I aim to misbehave

New Privatised Mobile Speed Cameras come into effect from midnight tonight. Obviously, I try to stick to the speed limits. Sometimes I drift a bit over. And with this being Ireland, a lot of the time I overtake tractors and the elderly. These speed cameras are going to be in locations where they will catch the most people. I don't care what the Road Safety Authority say, or whether they're calling them Safety Cameras rather than Speed Cameras, but being run by a private company means they will try to make as much money as possible. They will not be as visible as they're supposed to be, and can move at any time if they feel people have been alerted to where they are.

On my way home every evening, the speed limit goes from 100km/h to 50km/h to 30km/h, all within a 1km distance, and on a stretch of road which is downhill. It is virtually impossible to reduce your speed that much, and even to maintain a 30km/h speed at that steep a decline.

And the areas where they're putting some of the vans are ridiculous. Areas where the speed limits change or long, well-lit, straight stretches of road

As good as their intentions are with trying to reduce road deaths and make the roads safer, as per usual they are going about it completely the wrong way. They should be focusing on the smaller country roads and on revising the way people are taught how to drive. I'll be honest, the way I was taught was fairly ridiculous. I had 5 driving lessons, which didn't even include reversing, parallel parking or driving in towns, and I spent the next 2 years driving unaccompanied before going for my full licence test. And if I drove the way I normally do in the driving test, I would have failed. They have changed the rules a bit, but more needs to be done.

Dinglebutt

| 11,949 posts

16th Nov 2010 at 9:48 am

I aim to misbehave

Quote: Cradle Days, Nov 2010
I spent the next 2 years driving unaccompanied before going for my full licence test.

That's either very Irish, or very 1900's.

Yes on both counts. Wasn't actually allowed to do so, but any time I was stopped at a Garda Checkpoint or anything, all they cared about was tax, insurance, L plates and NCT (MOT). They clamped down on it shortly after I passed my test, but I still hear about people getting away with it.

Dinglebutt

| 11,949 posts

18th Nov 2010 at 9:30 pm

I aim to misbehave

I'm so f*cking hungry but can't eat as I'm going to the doctors for a blood test tomorrow. So... so... hungry.....

wombat

| 8,154 posts

18th Nov 2010 at 10:19 pm

wombat - Technically sexy.

Technically sexy.

we didn't want their stupid job anyway.
Southern hemispherical rat boy

Πανδώρα

| 15,328 posts

19th Nov 2010 at 12:38 pm

Πανδώρα -

f*cking dog. Howling at the front door most of the night.

tell him to stop & he's back at it half an hour later

it's either that fox or the dog over the road is in heat again.
annoying little sh*te.
*burp*

Albert Johanneson

| 14,477 posts

21st Nov 2010 at 8:12 pm

Outside-left

Are you keeping a dossier of all this?

Albert Johanneson

| 14,477 posts

21st Nov 2010 at 8:21 pm

Outside-left

Good stuff. Dates, times, names etc. You know the drill.

Hope it helps you out!

Delirium Tremens

| 1,875 posts

21st Nov 2010 at 8:28 pm

Delirium Tremens -

X Factor Bowie cover sounds like U2 and Girls Aloud.

Delirium Tremens

| 1,875 posts

21st Nov 2010 at 8:29 pm

Delirium Tremens -

Quote: James, Nov 2010
X Factor Bowie cover sounds like U2 and Girls Aloud.

Oh, with input from Leni Riefenstahl.

IGH: Just who was The Brigadier
ratammer: squeak
IGH: Wibble
Vel: *sigh*
Emma: Hi VR...
Princess Psycho: Hi I am back in the UK so how are everyone been keeping. Has Fluffy had that little accident yet?
Claire: SHOUTBOX OF VRRRRRR
Rayanne Graff: Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
Lucozade Lover: Happy New Year!
Crinkle-Cut Beatroot: Happy new year <3
Claire: BOXSHOUT
Rayanne Graff: Happy Easter.
Emma: So… Posting a new thread is Fission Mailing… so I’m putting this here.
Emma: I know there aren’t many people looking at this anymore… but I have made the decision to stop paying for the VR hosting and to let the domain lapse.
Emma: I think it will be going offline around the end of May
Emma: It’s been almost 10 years since James passed away… and I feel like it’s time.
Emma: A lot of the regulars can be found on the VR veterans group on Facebook - if you see this and you’re not in there, come join us.
Crinkle-Cut Beatroot: What's the facebook group called? I couldn't find it...

Page: