Singledom

Posted In: Rants. Reading This Thread:

Rayanne Graff

| 76,001 posts

22nd Mar 2010 at 12:00 am

Rayanne Graff - River Phoenix

River Phoenix

Maybe Joel thinks that Alice should act as Cupid to compensate for the disappointment of him missing her being a Drunk Alice before.
*[http://www.vegetablerevolution.co.uk/uploads/549604.jpg]*

Albi The Racist Dragon

| 7,432 posts

22nd Mar 2010 at 12:26 am

Quote: Pinga, Mar 2010
Quote: Albi The Racist Dragon, Mar 2010
Quote: Lisbeth Salander, Mar 2010
The basic thing you need to remember when females are involved is this: if there is any possible way that an insult can be read into your comment, don't say it. It's an insult.

I think your best bet is to get every female on VR to combine our knowledge and then we can snag you a woman. It's hunting, isn't it?

Oi, get me one first, I've been single longer.

Pulled on Friday for the first time in ages, a direct result of which was getting punched in the face by another girl. Fun night

she punched you in the face? classy

Nah not her, someone else whose drink she knocked out of her hand.
[http://card.mygamercard.net/gbar/joelsaysyeah.gif]

[http://www.vegetablerevolution.co.uk/uploads/698876.jpg]

learrggh

| 5,670 posts

22nd Mar 2010 at 12:44 am

learrggh -

relationships are sh*t.

LoonyPandora

| 17,916 posts

22nd Mar 2010 at 12:48 am

LoonyPandora - Daft Cow?

Daft Cow?

Screw all this lark, I'm off to get laid.

Topper

| 6,773 posts

23rd Mar 2010 at 8:27 pm

Topper - Dismantling a person is sometimes necessary...

Dismantling a person is sometimes necessary...

Seeing both girls outside of work in the next week. Things should be a lot clearer by this time next week
I hope some day, for some reason, David Duchovny is investigated by the FBI. Because that would make a great story.

http://www.myspace.com/toppercutter

Topper

| 6,773 posts

25th Mar 2010 at 9:16 am

Saw nice girl last night and had a really wicked night which ended in snogging. That's 3 times in a row that we've been out on our own that it's happened and I think more than ever we're really very compatible. Unfortunately I didn't fully tell her that, just hinted at it.

Btw, this is embarassing but I feel as If I'm amongst friends so I'm going to say anyway, if you want an idea of just how bad I am with girls and tbh, how spineless I am I'll give you an example - said to the girl about 2 hours before the end of the night that I really had the urge to kiss her and was this weird? She sort of laughed and acted a little coy. ONE HOUR LATER after not doing anything she turns to me and says "so, you know an hour ago when you said you wanted to kiss me, are you gonna do that any time soon?!". FFS. It's a wonder I've ever had a girlfriend or any sustained interraction with any woman.

I hope some day, for some reason, David Duchovny is investigated by the FBI. Because that would make a great story.

Dinglebutt

| 11,949 posts

25th Mar 2010 at 9:23 am

Dinglebutt - I aim to misbehave

I aim to misbehave

Quote: Abacus, Mar 2010
Saw nice girl last night and had a really wicked night which ended in snogging. That's 3 times in a row that we've been out on our own that it's happened and I think more than ever we're really very compatible. Unfortunately I didn't fully tell her that, just hinted at it.

Btw, this is embarassing but I feel as If I'm amongst friends so I'm going to say anyway, if you want an idea of just how bad I am with girls and tbh, how spineless I am I'll give you an example - said to the girl about 2 hours before the end of the night that I really had the urge to kiss her and was this weird? She sort of laughed and acted a little coy. ONE HOUR LATER after not doing anything she turns to me and says "so, you know an hour ago when you said you wanted to kiss me, are you gonna do that any time soon?!". FFS. It's a wonder I've ever had a girlfriend or any sustained interraction with any woman.

Depends on the situation. Were you in a pub or restaurant or what? From an outsider's point of view, I wouldn't say she meant anything serious by it. Moreso she also had the urge to kiss you and used what you said as a way of letting you know to put on your swimming goggles and dive in.
Mal: Appears we got here just in the nick of time. What does that make us?
Zoë: Big damn heroes, sir.
Mal: Ain't we just.

Topper

| 6,773 posts

25th Mar 2010 at 9:35 am

Also, I'm not sure about this next one but some opinion would be nice and maybe I'm getting ahead of myself but we were out in a rock/indie bar in Birmingham city centre and she asked me near the end of the night how much a taxi would cost me and to guess how much her taxi costed...now...shoot me down here if necessary but is there just a slight chance she was hinting at getting a hotel room by making a point of the expense of getting home? As you can probably guess I didn't act on that as I wasn't sure what she meant, she could've very easily just been curious about the general getting home costs but I'm sure I've said before roughly how much taxis costs etc. Hmm.

Topper

| 6,773 posts

25th Mar 2010 at 10:24 am

Quote: Ted 'Smooth' Bundy, Mar 2010
Or sharing a taxi back to hers?

Right, that's more plausible than the hotel thing.

More things are coming back to me now too, at one point, this was quite early on in the evening too, she asked me whether I could ever see us sleeping together. To which I answered yes, weirdly I could, but then when I asked her the same question back she said not casually but in a relationship, which is an encouraging answer but not consistent with the whole sex at the end of the night scenario.

Last night was good

Dinglebutt

| 11,949 posts

25th Mar 2010 at 10:30 am

I aim to misbehave

Quote: Abacus, Mar 2010
Quote: Ted 'Smooth' Bundy, Mar 2010
Or sharing a taxi back to hers?

Right, that's more plausible than the hotel thing.

More things are coming back to me now too, at one point, this was quite early on in the evening too, she asked me whether I could ever see us sleeping together. To which I answered yes, weirdly I could, but then when I asked her the same question back she said not casually but in a relationship, which is an encouraging answer but not consistent with the whole sex at the end of the night scenario.

Last night was good

Unless she was hinting that if you're up for it, she'd like to be your girlfriend. In which case, I wouldn't worry about anything you think you did wrong last night. She obviously likes you and all this stuff could just be something you laugh about in a few years.

Y'know, before you start resenting each other and abusing prescription medication just to heal the emotional wounds of your life

Albert Johanneson

| 14,477 posts

28th Mar 2010 at 2:10 am

Albert Johanneson - Outside-left

Outside-left

So, of the three people I was interested in (it was two, it's been three for a couple of months now), one is a no-go because she's a long term fella, one is a no-go due to distance, and the third is a no-go because in a phone call this afternoon, she told me she's seeing someone...female.

What the f*ck is my life?

Topper

| 6,773 posts

28th Mar 2010 at 4:42 pm

At least the reasons are nothing you can (really) do anything about. Imagine if one of the reasons was she found you repulsive, that'd be worse

Albert Johanneson

| 14,477 posts

28th Mar 2010 at 6:12 pm

Outside-left

Well for all I know, both her and too-far-away woman might do, as I've never breached that subject with either of them.

Dinglebutt

| 11,949 posts

29th Mar 2010 at 1:56 pm

I aim to misbehave

Quote: the doc, Mar 2010
Quote: Albert Johanneson, Mar 2010
So, of the three people I was interested in (it was two, it's been three for a couple of months now), one is a no-go because she's a long term fella, one is a no-go due to distance, and the third is a no-go because in a phone call this afternoon, she told me she's seeing someone...female.

What the f*ck is my life?

Poor Dan. That last part's almost as funny as when that 'girl' Alec was chatting up turned out to be a guy and then he came on here and said it wasn't the first time it had happened

Yeah, that was a great day

Jewbacca

| 6,793 posts

29th Mar 2010 at 2:22 pm

Jewbacca -

Only happened to me once but I was able to make it sound like I knew he was a guy all along.

"Do you watch 24?"
"No"
"You look a lot like Nina Williams [sic]"
"Oh?"
"Yeah! She's.."
"She?"
"Er... yeah, she's quite manly looking"

AAAAAAARRRRRRRGHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!

Albert Johanneson

| 14,477 posts

30th Mar 2010 at 9:22 pm

Outside-left

Flapper, how do you know Sarah Jane Burke?

Albert Johanneson

| 14,477 posts

1st Apr 2010 at 6:58 pm

Outside-left

Quote: Bob Flapper, Apr 2010

I worked with her for years in Waxys. How the deuce do you know her?!

I don't, but me and her brother train for the same rugby team at Uni.

Albert Johanneson

| 14,477 posts

1st Apr 2010 at 7:46 pm

Outside-left

Quote: Albert Johanneson, Apr 2010

I worked with her for years in Waxys. How the deuce do you know her?!

I don't, but me and her brother train for the same rugby team at Uni.

Sean??? He's a good lad, met him a few times. Small world eh?

He's a top fella, but a handful on a night out.

Topper

| 6,773 posts

20th Apr 2010 at 9:03 am

So, I finally managed to get the nice girl from work out after work for a drink on our own and I (eventually) pretty much opened up as to how I felt about her. It's very early days but there was no bad reaction apart from surprise, which I find quite difficult to believe tbh. She said she needed time to think about it and for it to sink in but wasn't sure how she felt...Hmm.

I recieved a really nice text from her when she'd got home though saying she'd really enjoyed the night and that I shouldn't feel weird and it was by far the nicest ting anyone had ever said to her. I guess that's good and I was never expecting her to leap into my arms and for us to suddenlt to be an item as she's just not like that; she's very closed off in many ways and I think if anything does happen it'll be a slow process.

Either way though I feel so pleased to have got it all off my chest as it was really getting me down not having said anything and I'm proud of myself for having the courage to tell a real life girl I actually like and care about her and want to be with her. I may be being quite big-headed but there were a couple of times I think I was actually quite smooth and charming too

Topper

| 6,773 posts

1st May 2010 at 1:27 am

Just got back from night out with girlllland I'm still not with her despite us spending about 30 minutes snogging at the end of the night. God I'm so drunk confused and horny it's untrue.

Πανδώρα

| 15,328 posts

1st May 2010 at 2:36 am

Πανδώρα -

pffft just go for it.

worst advice ever, but t'worked on me >_>

just shove yer hand down her keks & see where it goes. just keep asking her if she wants you to stop. if nothing else you'll have had yer end away
*burp*

Delirium Tremens

| 1,875 posts

1st May 2010 at 6:00 pm

Delirium Tremens -

Quote: Bob Flapper, May 2010
Quote: Abacus, May 2010
Just got back from night out with girlllland I'm still not with her despite us spending about 30 minutes snogging at the end of the night. God I'm so drunk confused and horny it's untrue.

There's very few things worse than being horny and confused. It can make a man do desperate things to innocent appliances.

Factor in the drunkeness, I don't believe we'll be seeing our good friend Alex for a long, long time.

He's deeply entangled in the Dyson.

Topper

| 6,773 posts

1st May 2010 at 7:42 pm

That option is probably 'one more night like that' away.

wombat

| 8,154 posts

1st May 2010 at 10:59 pm

wombat - Technically sexy.

Technically sexy.

apparently hooves have fans surprisingly close to the head of the hoover so... you know. Don't.
Southern hemispherical rat boy

learrggh

| 5,670 posts

3rd May 2010 at 3:04 am

learrggh -

I'm seeing that guy tomorrow/today. I really don't want to do it. Need a pep talk or smt.

Topper

| 6,773 posts

3rd May 2010 at 6:13 pm

Andrew WK is like totelleh gonna rape Leah when they meet.

learrggh

| 5,670 posts

3rd May 2010 at 7:37 pm

learrggh -

I cancelled. Wheeeeey.

Πανδώρα: Beefy cheesemas to all, and to all a gravy brie
Rayanne Graff: Happy Easter.
IGH: Just who was The Brigadier
ratammer: squeak
IGH: Wibble
Vel: *sigh*
Emma: Hi VR...
Princess Psycho: Hi I am back in the UK so how are everyone been keeping. Has Fluffy had that little accident yet?
Claire: SHOUTBOX OF VRRRRRR
Rayanne Graff: Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
Lucozade Lover: Happy New Year!
Crinkle-Cut Beatroot: Happy new year <3
Claire: BOXSHOUT
Rayanne Graff: Happy Easter.
Emma: So… Posting a new thread is Fission Mailing… so I’m putting this here.
Emma: I know there aren’t many people looking at this anymore… but I have made the decision to stop paying for the VR hosting and to let the domain lapse.
Emma: I think it will be going offline around the end of May
Emma: It’s been almost 10 years since James passed away… and I feel like it’s time.
Emma: A lot of the regulars can be found on the VR veterans group on Facebook - if you see this and you’re not in there, come join us.

Page: