Things That Make You Want to Flip Out Like a Ninja, and Kill Everyone.

Posted In: Rants. Reading This Thread:

Albert Johanneson

| 14,477 posts

4th Oct 2009 at 2:05 pm

Albert Johanneson - Outside-left

Outside-left

I was told on Monday that it would be between 3 and 5 working days. It better be there tomorrow, because my rent cheque has bounced once already.

Then there's finding out the right people to process my bursary. Took until March to get it last year...

Albert Johanneson

| 14,477 posts

4th Oct 2009 at 2:09 pm

Outside-left

I was expecting problems this year because it's the first year that they've centralised the whole operation to one location, but wasn't expecting anything this bad. I've yet to speak to someone who hasn't had difficulty with it this year.

Even without the change, the systems in place can't handle the sheer level of applications.

Edit - I really didn't need this extra hassle, given how tough the summer was financially speaking.

Albert Johanneson

| 14,477 posts

4th Oct 2009 at 2:27 pm

Outside-left

Quote: Winston Zeddemore, Oct 2009
Quote: Howard Hughes, Oct 2009
I was expecting problems this year because it's the first year that they've centralised the whole operation to one location, but wasn't expecting anything this bad. I've yet to speak to someone who hasn't had difficulty with it this year.

Even without the change, the systems in place can't handle the sheer level of applications.

Edit - I really didn't need this extra hassle, given how tough the summer was financially speaking.

Its a p*ss take, on a side note, I've just had my first leccy bill though, covering the last two years, and its almost £1200, and they expect me to pay up within 14 days. HA!

What a f*cking jip. 2 years to send you a leccy bill? Amateurs.

Quote: Kid A, Oct 2009
Sup Dan, just to add to your list getting my student loan has been nothing but stress this year, involving phone lines telling me they're too busy and hanging up on me and various automated emails being sent in error when I shouldn't have got them.
I haven't had the guts to check if it's gone in yet

That's the thing - You can't wait in a f*cking queue to speak to someone! It cuts you off if they're busy and the automated system can't help you. What a f*cking joke.

I don't want to check my bank balance either because it's not pleasant reading after not working this summer (other than 1 week for my Dad).

Albert Johanneson

| 14,477 posts

4th Oct 2009 at 2:55 pm

Outside-left

Phil - They'll let you pay it off over a minimum of 2 years, for sure. I recall a few similar cases when I worked for BG that were resolved in that manner.

George - Takes the p*ss. As if you'd put your passport in the post anyway!?!

Albert Johanneson

| 14,477 posts

4th Oct 2009 at 3:21 pm

Outside-left

Quote: Howard Hughes, Oct 2009
Phil - They'll let you pay it off over a minimum of 2 years, for sure. I recall a few similar cases when I worked for BG that were resolved in that manner.

George - Takes the p*ss. As if you'd put your passport in the post anyway!?!

Minimum or Maximum?

Well, the minimum would obviously be paying all at once, but if you push them hard for a payment plan given the length of time it took them to send you a bill, you should be able to get a 2 year minimum, as it took them 2 years to bill you.

learrggh

| 5,671 posts

5th Oct 2009 at 3:44 am

learrggh -

I can't even draw anymore.

Dinglebutt

| 11,949 posts

5th Oct 2009 at 2:43 pm

Dinglebutt - I aim to misbehave

I aim to misbehave

I'm really starting to doubt my chosen profession, and its f*cking scaring me
Mal: Appears we got here just in the nick of time. What does that make us?
Zoë: Big damn heroes, sir.
Mal: Ain't we just.

Rayanne Graff

| 76,001 posts

6th Oct 2009 at 8:36 am

Rayanne Graff - River Phoenix

River Phoenix

i spoke to my father a few days ago and i think it was patronising of him to say that i need confidence.

Also, a couple of weeks ago, this woman came to see the fiance and me because of a housing thing. And i feel like i'm a nutter because of something she asked me. But it isn't that she was being horrible; i still wish she hadn't asked, having Asperger's is so embarrassing.
*[http://www.vegetablerevolution.co.uk/uploads/549604.jpg]*

Πανδώρα

| 15,329 posts

6th Oct 2009 at 10:48 am

Πανδώρα -

f*cking rain, 3 hour gap in the day & that bloke's lent faye the ripper

which, yeah good for her
but she has a habit of riding alongside me on my push iron when i'm on me way home

revved the f*cking a*se off it right next to me
it's bad enough when she's on the ped

some people may f*cking enjoy that but f*ck right off b*tch
i don;t have the pleasure of a f*cking helmet to dull down the noise if you hadn't noticed
*burp*

Πανδώρα

| 15,329 posts

6th Oct 2009 at 10:59 am

Πανδώρα -

also this

f*cking travellers going round for scrap metal
plowed straight through the poor little b*st*rd

oh his way home from the pictures
his 14 year old sister saw everything, she was in the middle of the road with him, arms around him, both covered in blood
lads had to drag her away from the lad in case he was still alive, she would have been making him worse
turns out it was almost instant anyway

bloody travellers left the van turned on, music blaring & just f*cked off, lad in the car behind them had to get into the thing, turn the ignition off & smash the CD player to stop it playing

f*cking disgrace.
*burp*

Πανδώρα

| 15,329 posts

6th Oct 2009 at 11:59 am

Πανδώρα -

*grumbles*
*burp*

Rayanne Graff

| 76,001 posts

6th Oct 2009 at 12:18 pm

River Phoenix

Quote: Claire, Oct 2009
http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/cult/a180651/new-doctor-who-logo-revealed.html

Bag of w*nk.

Just like the programme then

i thought Phil'd say something like that.

Rayanne Graff

| 76,001 posts

6th Oct 2009 at 12:26 pm

River Phoenix

Quote: Rayanne Graff, Oct 2009

Bag of w*nk.

i thought Phil'd say something like that.

*curses self for being so predictable*

Aw, i don't think you were being so much predictable as steadfast and reliable. Well, steadfast, reliable and a BIG JERK, obviously.

Rayanne Graff

| 76,001 posts

6th Oct 2009 at 12:35 pm

River Phoenix

Bag of w*nk.

We all know you don't like Doctor Who at this point, you really don't need to say

That's a bad logo.

But if Phil hadn't said, everyone might think that he'd gone soft or southern.

Rayanne Graff

| 76,001 posts

6th Oct 2009 at 12:49 pm

River Phoenix

Also, if people didn't post things they've said before then VR would be even more dead than it already is. I might go back in the archives and recycle some of my posts from 2002 to see who notices

Sigh you make a good point, this place is hopelessly dull.

Well crying isn't going to bring him back, unless your tears smell like dog food. So you can either sit there, crying, and eating can after can of dog food until your tears smell enough like dog food to make your dog come back, or you can go out there and find your dog.

George has a dog? Huh, i just thought the dog was a figment of everyone's imagination.

Dinglebutt

| 11,949 posts

6th Oct 2009 at 1:06 pm

I aim to misbehave

Also, if people didn't post things they've said before then VR would be even more dead than it already is. I might go back in the archives and recycle some of my posts from 2002 to see who notices

Well crying isn't going to bring him back, unless your tears smell like dog food. So you can either sit there, crying, and eating can after can of dog food until your tears smell enough like dog food to make your dog come back, or you can go out there and find your dog.

George has a dog? Huh, i just thought the dog was a figment of everyone's imagination.

Or what? You'll release the dogs? or the bees? or the dogs with bees in their mouths so when they bark they shoot bees at you?

*locks door*

Dinglebutt

| 11,949 posts

6th Oct 2009 at 1:16 pm

I aim to misbehave

Quote: Paddy Irishman, Oct 2009

Or what? You'll release the dogs? or the bees? or the dogs with bees in their mouths so when they bark they shoot bees at you?

*locks door*

Please I'm not "Duffman!" anymore, I'm just plain old Barry Duffman, oh yeah.

No, I'M just plain old Barry Duffman

Oh yeah!

Rayanne Graff

| 76,001 posts

6th Oct 2009 at 1:16 pm

River Phoenix

Here is where I would post something I said in Chris' 'State of VR' thread if I could find it. But I can't.

The thread is on page 166 of Main and the link is:

http://www.vegetablerevolution.co.uk/forum/talk/1117923698/7

Dinglebutt

| 11,949 posts

6th Oct 2009 at 1:37 pm

I aim to misbehave

The Internet King? I wonder if he could provide faster nudity…

How could you?! Haven’t you learned anything from that guy who gives those sermons at church? Captain Whatshisname? We live in a society of laws! Why do you think I took you to all those Police Academy movies? For fun? Well, I didn’t hear anybody laughing, did you? Except at that guy who made sound effects. Makes sound effects and laughs. Where was I? Oh yeah! Stay out of my booze.

learrggh

| 5,671 posts

6th Oct 2009 at 5:08 pm

learrggh -

Being treated like an idiot, don't treat me like an idiot, I'm not an idiot.

this. especially when the one doing the patronising actually is a proper moron.

Vel: *sigh*
Emma: Hi VR...
Princess Psycho: Hi I am back in the UK so how are everyone been keeping. Has Fluffy had that little accident yet?
Claire: SHOUTBOX OF VRRRRRR
Rayanne Graff: Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
Lucozade Lover: Happy New Year!
Crinkle-Cut Beatroot: Happy new year <3
Claire: BOXSHOUT
Rayanne Graff: Happy Easter.
Emma: So… Posting a new thread is Fission Mailing… so I’m putting this here.
Emma: I know there aren’t many people looking at this anymore… but I have made the decision to stop paying for the VR hosting and to let the domain lapse.
Emma: I think it will be going offline around the end of May
Emma: It’s been almost 10 years since James passed away… and I feel like it’s time.
Emma: A lot of the regulars can be found on the VR veterans group on Facebook - if you see this and you’re not in there, come join us.
Crinkle-Cut Beatroot: What's the facebook group called? I couldn't find it...
Πανδώρα: MUHAHAHAHAHA!
IGH: And so it ends
Captain Spiky: I've just been loving life, going through the photos in the Meets gallery. so many awesome people that I loved hanging out with

Page: