Things That Make You Want to Flip Out Like a Ninja, and Kill Everyone.

Posted In: Rants. Reading This Thread:

Alec

| 1,347 posts

28th Jul 2009 at 9:11 am

Alec - Bing Bong Changes

Bing Bong Changes

I just missed a parcel delivery because I was in the shower, having already gotten one parcel today. Why send them in two separate deliveries?

Pope of Chilli Town

| 12,089 posts

28th Jul 2009 at 9:15 am

Pope of Chilli Town -

The KFC I had last night is rotting my f*cking stomach.

Rayanne Graff

| 76,001 posts

28th Jul 2009 at 9:35 am

Rayanne Graff - River Phoenix

River Phoenix

Cool title.
*[http://www.vegetablerevolution.co.uk/uploads/549604.jpg]*

Roxannie

| 12,431 posts

28th Jul 2009 at 9:38 am

Roxannie -

I just chased my cat through 3 neighbours' gardens, and am now covered in bits of mud and tree.

Πανδώρα

| 15,327 posts

28th Jul 2009 at 1:30 pm

Πανδώρα -

a stray bread crumb yesterday has left me with a seriously sore throat.
*burp*

Vel

| 23,203 posts

28th Jul 2009 at 4:25 pm

Vel - Marry me?

Marry me?

I was working at Bolton today. As my job involves a lot of speaking, I like to keep a bottle of water on hand, on my unused surveys (this is on a table next to some seats).

This has never been a problem before.

I go over with a catch to interview them, and find SOME F*CKER DRINKING MY ALREADY PARTIALLY DRUNK WATER!

I stood in shock, then managed a "That's my water!" To which he responded, "I thought someone had left it here, you should have said" and then put it down. After it had been in his gob, mind.

Eww. WHO DOES THAT? WHO DRINKS FROM A STRANGE BOTTLE THAT HAS EVIDENTALLY BEEN DRUNK FROM?

I had to bin it and was thirsty for the rest of the shift.

Also, I didn't realise I had a cut on my finger and now have chilli juice in it and it's burning
Wife of Amy, Sex Goddess

I Cunt Spell

| 4,650 posts

28th Jul 2009 at 4:34 pm

I Cunt Spell -

Quote: Skank, Jul 2009
I was working at Bolton today. As my job involves a lot of speaking, I like to keep a bottle of water on hand, on my unused surveys (this is on a table next to some seats).

I go over with a catch to interview them, and find SOME F*CKER DRINKING MY ALREADY PARTIALLY DRUNK WATER!

I stood in shock, then managed a "That's my water!" To which he responded, "I thought someone had left it here, you should have said" and then put it down. After it had been in his gob, mind.

Eww. WHO DOES THAT? WHO DRINKS FROM A STRANGE BOTTLE THAT HAS EVIDENTALLY BEEN DRUNK FROM?

Also, I didn't realise I had a cut on my finger and now have chilli juice in it and it's burning

The general public are vile.

Pope of Chilli Town

| 12,089 posts

28th Jul 2009 at 4:48 pm

Pope of Chilli Town -

Quote: Skank, Jul 2009

Thats the inbreds for you...

Puffalump

| 22,943 posts

28th Jul 2009 at 6:30 pm

Puffalump - Because cake is happiness

Because cake is happiness

Our usual postie is on holiday this week and this one is an absolute joke. I got there at 8.45 this morning, and he/she (i've yet to see them) hadn't been. I went downstairs to do some orders at 9.30 and the cheeky f*cking c*nt had posted the post and put through a card "Tried to deliver 5 items at 8am, but you were out. Collect from the Post Office" ABSOLUTE LYING B*ST*RD. I am so overworked it's untrue and because of you being a lazy f*cker I have to go to the post office and queue for ages to get things you should have delivered, while I could be doing the other m,illions of things I have to do. I told the woman on the counter but she didn't give a f*ck. Tomorrow I might just do work in the hallway with the f*cking door open so i at least catch the b*gger.

/end of outrage
Wife of the lovely Alice

learrggh

| 5,670 posts

28th Jul 2009 at 11:29 pm

learrggh -

painful, painful, painful sore breasts.

The Underwhelmed One

| 7,111 posts

28th Jul 2009 at 11:30 pm

My damned neediness.
I myself am made entirely of flaws, stitched together with good intentions.

Animal

| 32,547 posts

28th Jul 2009 at 11:52 pm

Animal -

Seems it's not toothache at all. I have a f*cking absess. Great. Stupid facial fuzz making it harder to spot the swelling.
http://www.dasburros.com

The world isn't run by weapons anymore, or energy, or money. It's run by little rabbits and zeroes, little bits of data. It's all just electrons.

Cycling Antics

Albert Johanneson

| 14,477 posts

29th Jul 2009 at 1:24 am

Albert Johanneson - Outside-left

Outside-left

Quote: vespertilio, Jul 2009
painful, painful, painful sore breasts.

they need a massage.

Πανδώρα

| 15,327 posts

29th Jul 2009 at 6:04 am

Πανδώρα -

damn throat.

been laid awake for over an hour now swallowing every few seconds & it f*cking hurts
want to go back to sleep but it feels that sh*te >_<
*burp*

Dinglebutt

| 11,949 posts

29th Jul 2009 at 9:31 am

Dinglebutt - I aim to misbehave

I aim to misbehave

My boss just asked me a few questions about a beam design I did a few weeks ago. He pointed out a few things, which were technically correct, but still kind of wrong.

Now I'm doing a beam design and I'm completely stumped and second-guessing myself on everything
Mal: Appears we got here just in the nick of time. What does that make us?
Zoë: Big damn heroes, sir.
Mal: Ain't we just.

Albi The Racist Dragon

| 7,432 posts

29th Jul 2009 at 9:40 am

Quote: The Underwhelmed One, Jul 2009
My damned neediness.

Ditto that.

Also, horrendous lack of sleep caused by new pills.
[http://card.mygamercard.net/gbar/joelsaysyeah.gif]

[http://www.vegetablerevolution.co.uk/uploads/698876.jpg]

Animal

| 32,547 posts

29th Jul 2009 at 10:10 am

Animal -

Quote: Das Buroski, Jul 2009
Seems it's not toothache at all. I have a f*cking absess. Great. Stupid facial fuzz making it harder to spot the swelling.
F*cking hell its HUGE!

I look like f*cking Desperate Dan!

The world isn't run by weapons anymore, or energy, or money. It's run by little rabbits and zeroes, little bits of data. It's all just electrons.

Cycling Antics

Dinglebutt

| 11,949 posts

29th Jul 2009 at 10:12 am

I aim to misbehave

Quote: Paddy Irishman, Jul 2009
My boss just asked me a few questions about a beam design I did a few weeks ago. He pointed out a few things, which were technically correct, but still kind of wrong.

Now I'm doing a beam design and I'm completely stumped and second-guessing myself on everything

AARGGHHH

Okay, background info. I designed a beam a week ago. He is now designing a beam for another house, but hasn't done one in a while so he's looking over mine.

He called me up again, and pointed out another thing which was wrong. But really it wasn't wrong. I skipped a step and saved myself about half an hours work because I knew if I selected Beam A, it would be wrong, and I'd have to redo everything and design for Beam B, and possibly Beam C. So I skipped a few steps, because I knew by looking at it, by f*cking looking at it, that I'd need Beam B.

So he calls me up saying I should have designed for Beam A instead of overspecifying. Gives me a patronising speech about how he knows I'm still getting used to it, and it takes a while before you can be confident in your calculations. So when he left to go out on site, I designed it using Beam A, and its wrong.

Motherf*cker I have surpassed you. The student has become the master. The master has become my b*tch. You haven't done a beam design in ages because I've been doing them all. I'm f*cking great at them. So f*ck you.

Sad part is, I can't tell him he's wrong. Because technically, I should have designed for Beam A. But when he tries it, he'll see I'm right. So f*ck him

Pope of Chilli Town

| 12,089 posts

29th Jul 2009 at 10:14 am

Pope of Chilli Town -

AARGGHHH

Okay, background info. I designed a beam a week ago. He is now designing a beam for another house, but hasn't done one in a while so he's looking over mine.

He called me up again, and pointed out another thing which was wrong. But really it wasn't wrong. I skipped a step and saved myself about half an hours work because I knew if I selected Beam A, it would be wrong, and I'd have to redo everything and design for Beam B, and possibly Beam C. So I skipped a few steps, because I knew by looking at it, by f*cking looking at it, that I'd need Beam B.

So he calls me up saying I should have designed for Beam A instead of overspecifying. Gives me a patronising speech about how he knows I'm still getting used to it, and it takes a while before you can be confident in your calculations. So when he left to go out on site, I designed it using Beam A, and its wrong.

Motherf*cker I have surpassed you. The student has become the master. The master has become my b*tch. You haven't done a beam design in ages because I've been doing them all. I'm f*cking great at them. So f*ck you.

Sad part is, I can't tell him he's wrong. Because technically, I should have designed for Beam A. But when he tries it, he'll see I'm right. So f*ck him

When I have to do stuff like that, I do a rough explanation of why I skipped the steps, normally expressing some hokum calculations and a pointer at reducing time wasted...

Dinglebutt

| 11,949 posts

29th Jul 2009 at 10:22 am

I aim to misbehave

I did. I pointed out why I skipped the steps. I said that while Beam A would pass on shear and bending moment, it would fail badly on deflection. I pointed out why. Then he just started on about how we should be trying to use as small a beam as possible, because its easier to install etc. I just checked, even a beam just a little smaller than Beam B fails. Even though I had a good feeling that it would, I wouldn't have been able to prove it there so I said nothing.

He's sly like that. He won't technically give out to you, he'll just 'explain the way we do things', so really you can't give out.

Another problem is, I sometimes check calculations on post-its first, just a quick check also in order to save time and pointless calculations. But I can't say that because I really shouldn't be doing it.

I'm going to wait and ask him how it worked out for him though, did he get it as a smaller beam

Animal

| 32,547 posts

29th Jul 2009 at 10:25 am

Animal -

Just wait till something he designs with the wrong beam fails due to it being too small, sit back and say 'I told you so'

This is what got me with a TMA a while ago, I over specified on a cable needed for a hoist, but to give just above the required safety limit, since my attitude is to err on the side of caution rather than underspec a part or spec something that just falls within the exact parameters by some ridiculous amount... Suffice to say I was marked down because the cabling would increase production cost, despite me pointing out the reasoning (Such as prolonged life, decreased chance of metal fatigue when under full load, etc, etc.)

Cycling Antics

Dinglebutt

| 11,949 posts

29th Jul 2009 at 10:38 am

I aim to misbehave

Just wait till something he designs with the wrong beam fails due to it being too small, sit back and say 'I told you so'

I wouldn't even say that. I'd just give him a look of disappointment, then occasionally mention things like "Beam me up Scotty" or "My car failed the NCT. Turned out my Headlight BEAMS WERE TOO SMALL"

learrggh

| 5,670 posts

29th Jul 2009 at 1:04 pm

learrggh -

Flakey people.

Cancelling half an hour before we're supposed to meet, and weren't even gonna bother tell me til I texted to double check.

Jingle

| 4,578 posts

29th Jul 2009 at 5:50 pm

Jingle - WOO-HAH!

WOO-HAH!

I wouldn't even say that. I'd just give him a look of disappointment, then occasionally mention things like "Beam me up Scotty" or "My car failed the NCT. Turned out my Headlight BEAMS WERE TOO SMALL"

I thought you were talking about laser beams and I got excited.

Oh dear.

Puffalump

| 22,943 posts

29th Jul 2009 at 5:55 pm

people who use bold in thier emails in a really patronising and condescending way. You are not making me want to help you. At all.
Wife of the lovely Alice

Albert Johanneson

| 14,477 posts

29th Jul 2009 at 6:26 pm

Outside-left

Quote: vespertilio, Jul 2009
Flakey people.

Cancelling half an hour before we're supposed to meet, and weren't even gonna bother tell me til I texted to double check.

Kick him/her in the c*nt.

Rayanne Graff

| 76,001 posts

29th Jul 2009 at 6:28 pm

River Phoenix

Quote: Jingle, Jul 2009

I thought you were talking about laser beams and I got excited.

Oh dear.

Aw, people here are nerdy.

Paula

| 4,556 posts

29th Jul 2009 at 6:56 pm

Paula - King of Knights

King of Knights

Stupid taxi was half an hour late this morning. I am bloody lucky that the people I was going to see were understanding

Puffalump

| 22,943 posts

29th Jul 2009 at 6:58 pm

stress eating. needs to stop.
Wife of the lovely Alice

wombat

| 8,154 posts

29th Jul 2009 at 7:00 pm

wombat - Technically sexy.

Technically sexy.

Quote: Pinga, Jul 2009
stress eating. needs to stop.

For me, quite the opposite. I have barely any appetite.
Southern hemispherical rat boy

Alec

| 1,347 posts

29th Jul 2009 at 7:01 pm

Alec - Bing Bong Changes

Bing Bong Changes

I have an ulcer in the ridge between my bottom lip and bottom gum, and it's split open. Hurts like f*ck.

Claire

| 15,814 posts

29th Jul 2009 at 7:11 pm

Claire - Darren is most certainly not my god!

Darren is most certainly not my god!

F*cking hell there's a huge article about my Dad in the local paper, it paints it as my Mum's fault, so f*cking ANGRY.

Oh f*cking marvellous, front f*cking page.

Edited by Claire Jul 2009
Coloured Lilac And Insults Rarely E(Anymore)

Quote: Claire, Jun 2005
Basically, I'm just mangling and regurgitating what everyone's already said.

I’m really glad that the quote in my signature is a teenager.
Joint best Mod 2009. Officials.

Winner of most longstanding mod in the history of the internet. Or at least most resillient/lifelacking VR staff member 2012.

Albert Johanneson

| 14,477 posts

29th Jul 2009 at 7:40 pm

Outside-left

Quote: Claire, Jul 2009
F*cking hell there's a huge article about my Dad in the local paper, it paints it as my Mum's fault, so f*cking ANGRY.

Oh f*cking marvellous, front f*cking page.

Sh*t Claire, that's f*cking horrible.
Speak to someone in the legal trade about getting an apology printed or something more.

Vel

| 23,203 posts

29th Jul 2009 at 10:31 pm

Vel - Marry me?

Marry me?

Quote: Albi The Racist Dragon, Jul 2009
Quote: The Underwhelmed One, Jul 2009
My damned neediness.

Ditto that.

Also, horrendous lack of sleep caused by new pills.

I will trade you for my 14 hours a day caused by the SAME F*CKING PILLS.
Wife of Amy, Sex Goddess

The Underwhelmed One

| 7,111 posts

29th Jul 2009 at 10:32 pm

For the neediness?
Done!

The Underwhelmed One

| 7,111 posts

29th Jul 2009 at 10:47 pm

And, making me want to flip out?
Boredom and being stupidly broke.

It's my own fault. I need a job dammit!
If I've not got one by October I'm giving SERIOUS consideration to selling myself to a rich old man somewhere on the internet. If there are websites where people will pay you for breast implants there must be some where people will pay you for OAP marriage.

Vel

| 23,203 posts

29th Jul 2009 at 10:50 pm

Vel - Marry me?

Marry me?

I've just been going for anything. And after about 20 applications, I've heard from 3. 2 want to interview, 1 doesn't like me at all.

God, it's so depressing. Also, reading that others on my course actually have jobs now!

Why don't people like us?

And nah, Sarah. I'm needy enough
Wife of Amy, Sex Goddess

The Underwhelmed One

| 7,111 posts

29th Jul 2009 at 10:54 pm

Meh. I went all the way to London, was supposed to be doing some work there.

Turns out it was just that the bloke who told me to come down for an interview was a massive pervert, who I have lied to and told that I have another job and is STILL trying to get me to come and work for him.
He's actually really creepy.

I got that vibe off him, but he has a daughter of 18 and all that, I just assumed I was picking up something which wasn't there... but no.

Urgh.

Vel

| 23,203 posts

29th Jul 2009 at 10:56 pm

Vel - Marry me?

Marry me?

Oooh, do go on. You have such an interesting life, I would like details please, however sordid.
Wife of Amy, Sex Goddess

The Underwhelmed One

| 7,111 posts

29th Jul 2009 at 11:01 pm

It was nothing That sordid, just enough to set Large alarm bells ringing.

Too much touching, lingering for too long. Really weird vibe, and him saying things which were more than a little bit off about how I'd be working closely underneath him or asking how thoroughly I'd considered the positions which might be available etc. And the winking.

It was just not right.

Albert Johanneson

| 14,477 posts

30th Jul 2009 at 6:30 pm

Outside-left

People bitching and moaning that British Gas has made money.

£299m over 15.6m accounts is less than £20 per person. Get a f*cking grip.

Claire

| 15,814 posts

30th Jul 2009 at 6:38 pm

Kids. All f*cking kids except my niece. I've come to my Mum's and my sister's friends are here, they have about 90 children between then, and they're all squawky f*cking tw*ts, I'm hiding from them. Despite trying to avoid them, one is reminding me of his presence by shouting something that sounds like "Tea Ducks" up up the stairs for about 20 minutes now. ARGHHH why do people breed?!

Winner of most longstanding mod in the history of the internet. Or at least most resillient/lifelacking VR staff member 2012.

Vel

| 23,203 posts

30th Jul 2009 at 11:32 pm

Vel - Marry me?

Marry me?

Good god, I hate kids. Noisy, screaming brats. I have to put up with a lot of them in the museum job and it's all I can hear and they just scream and shout all the time and I wish they had a mute button.

The exception is at the Tate yesterday: there was this kid of about 1 or so, just walking and she was the happiest thing ever. Wouldn't stop laughing as she toddled to the door (which shut), back to the desk, back to the door and then kept looking through the door. That I smiled at. Every other kid can f*ck off. Especially snotty ones.
Wife of Amy, Sex Goddess

Alec

| 1,347 posts

31st Jul 2009 at 8:06 am

Alec - Bing Bong Changes

Bing Bong Changes

I've now had this ulcer for four bloody days.

Dinglebutt

| 11,949 posts

31st Jul 2009 at 9:33 am

I aim to misbehave

Anyone else having trouble with the forums? It keeps asking me to donate to access. I can access the threads from the main page, but not actual forums.

Also, I was going to find the Death Pool thread, as apparantly Bobby Robson has died.

Rayanne Graff

| 76,001 posts

31st Jul 2009 at 9:54 am

River Phoenix

Anyone else having trouble with the forums? It keeps asking me to donate to access. I can access the threads from the main page, but not actual forums.

Also, I was going to find the Death Pool thread, as apparantly Bobby Robson has died.

Yeah, i am as well.

i mentioned about it in Rox's New Site thread and Darren said that maybe it's because things are being worked on.

I Cunt Spell

| 4,650 posts

31st Jul 2009 at 11:40 am

I Cunt Spell -

Oh jesus, they're going to be performing some kind of memorial service at mine tonight I would have thought.
Avoid!

Pope of Chilli Town

| 12,089 posts

31st Jul 2009 at 12:58 pm

Pope of Chilli Town -

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Organised Confusion

| 3,982 posts

31st Jul 2009 at 1:18 pm

Meeting the hottest guy I have ever known and have not seen in a year wearing my dad's golfing jacket and an afro

Claire

| 15,814 posts

31st Jul 2009 at 4:08 pm

You or him?

Πανδώρα: Beefy cheesemas to all, and to all a gravy brie
Rayanne Graff: Happy Easter.
IGH: Just who was The Brigadier
ratammer: squeak
IGH: Wibble
Vel: *sigh*
Emma: Hi VR...
Princess Psycho: Hi I am back in the UK so how are everyone been keeping. Has Fluffy had that little accident yet?
Claire: SHOUTBOX OF VRRRRRR
Rayanne Graff: Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
Lucozade Lover: Happy New Year!
Crinkle-Cut Beatroot: Happy new year <3
Claire: BOXSHOUT
Rayanne Graff: Happy Easter.
Emma: So… Posting a new thread is Fission Mailing… so I’m putting this here.
Emma: I know there aren’t many people looking at this anymore… but I have made the decision to stop paying for the VR hosting and to let the domain lapse.
Emma: I think it will be going offline around the end of May
Emma: It’s been almost 10 years since James passed away… and I feel like it’s time.
Emma: A lot of the regulars can be found on the VR veterans group on Facebook - if you see this and you’re not in there, come join us.

Page: