Things That Make You Want to Flip Out Like a Ninja, and Kill Everyone.

Posted In: Rants. Reading This Thread:

Albert Johanneson

| 14,477 posts

9th Sept 2009 at 2:26 pm

Albert Johanneson - Outside-left

Outside-left

Quote: Tuco, Sept 2009
Quote: Albi The Racist Dragon, Sept 2009
Michael Shields has been pardoned, which just shows that our justice system is a f*cking joke.

Something tells me that if it was a Man Utd fan convicted on the same flimsy evidence despite numerous witness statements putting him elsewhere, you'd feel differently.

Wind your neck in gobsh*te, I've had mates inside in Rome that were genuinely innocent and didn't have people lying at every opportunity to get them out. You didn't see appeals on TV's decrying the Italian justice system for being crooked, or our club getting involved did you?

It's weird. Jack Straw has said there's new evidence, yet I can't find out what that evidence was. Until that becomes clear, I'm not sure what to think.

All the witnesses that came forward to say they were with him at the time of the attack all had different stories, so they were clearly full of sh*t.

Albert Johanneson

| 14,477 posts

9th Sept 2009 at 2:29 pm

Outside-left

Glad you told him to GTFO Sarah. It's the third time now, if I recall correctly? You don't get accused on 3 separate occasions by 3 [presumably] unconnected women by being innocent.

Rayanne Graff

| 76,001 posts

9th Sept 2009 at 2:39 pm

Rayanne Graff - River Phoenix

River Phoenix

Quote: Das Buroski, Sept 2009
F*cking hell Sarah.

What a complete, total and utter douche!

i agree with Darren.

(Also, i wish the fiance hadn't shouted at me as it freaks me out when people shout. When my mother was alive and i lived with her we'd often argue and shout at each other, which is why shouting freaks me out. i've never told him that, though, as i'm too shy.)
*[http://www.vegetablerevolution.co.uk/uploads/549604.jpg]*

Πανδώρα

| 15,328 posts

9th Sept 2009 at 3:10 pm

Πανδώρα -

rice.

500g of sushi rice now costs nearly three quid, where as this time last year ot was 99p for the same bag.
F*cking stupid.
*burp*

Delirium Tremens

| 1,875 posts

9th Sept 2009 at 4:42 pm

Delirium Tremens -

Quote: The Underwhelmed One, Sept 2009
Certainly before now I've tried to get him to stop doing something and there was no getting through to him until afterwards, but I wouldn't go to the police over that

Fucking hell, girl. I hope they castrate him.

Albert Johanneson

| 14,477 posts

9th Sept 2009 at 5:34 pm

Outside-left

Quote: Howard Hughes, Sept 2009
Glad you told him to GTFO Sarah. It's the third time now, if I recall correctly? You don't get accused on 3 separate occasions by 3 [presumably] unconnected women by being innocent.

It's the third time in a year, but I think it's been more than that. I don't see how he Could have done something that many times and never been in court over it though.

I mean, I know with him it would be hard to call because every time it's been a case where someone gave their consent and then changed their mind. How can you prove that either way? Certainly before now I've tried to get him to stop doing something and there was no getting through to him until afterwards, but I wouldn't go to the police over that

The procedure in order to get a rape case to trial is borderline humiliation for the victim. I'm not 100% on the ins and outs though - Joel will probably be able to give more accurate information as I think he studied quite a few rape cases for his degree.

And that last paragraph is a grim read. I actually pulled this face as I got to the end =/

Albi The Racist Dragon

| 7,432 posts

9th Sept 2009 at 6:19 pm

It's the third time in a year, but I think it's been more than that. I don't see how he Could have done something that many times and never been in court over it though.

I mean, I know with him it would be hard to call because every time it's been a case where someone gave their consent and then changed their mind. How can you prove that either way? Certainly before now I've tried to get him to stop doing something and there was no getting through to him until afterwards, but I wouldn't go to the police over that

The procedure in order to get a rape case to trial is borderline humiliation for the victim. I'm not 100% on the ins and outs though - Joel will probably be able to give more accurate information as I think he studied quite a few rape cases for his degree.

And that last paragraph is a grim read. I actually pulled this face as I got to the end =/

Yeah, I did a mini-dissertation on the subject. The procedure for prosecuting rape is f*cked up and in desperate need of reform. Aquaintance rapes in particular are particularly hard to prove unless there are some signs of physical injury. You need a very strong victim to be able to put up with it all, which is why only 5% of reported cases end in prosecution. Ideally the victim should be exempt from cross-examination in court, which was proposed a while back but I don't think it's made any impact. Hearing a defence barrister cross-examine a rape victim is one of the most uncomfortable things I've ever heard, they will dredge up sexual history and stuff, while you can't refer to previous incidents of violence against women (for example) with regards to the defendant.

And yes, it still disgusts me that people who I KNOW are strong women put up with violence, especially sexual violence, in a relationship. Rape is rape, regardless of circumstance.
[http://card.mygamercard.net/gbar/joelsaysyeah.gif]

[http://www.vegetablerevolution.co.uk/uploads/698876.jpg]

Rayanne Graff

| 76,001 posts

9th Sept 2009 at 6:47 pm

River Phoenix

Quote: the doc, Sept 2009
Quote:

Me too. What a c*nt.

(Yeah, i agree with Dan and the husband.)

Albert Johanneson

| 14,477 posts

9th Sept 2009 at 7:01 pm

Outside-left

Quote: Albi The Racist Dragon, Sept 2009

Yeah, I did a mini-dissertation on the subject. The procedure for prosecuting rape is f*cked up and in desperate need of reform. Aquaintance rapes in particular are particularly hard to prove unless there are some signs of physical injury. You need a very strong victim to be able to put up with it all, which is why only 5% of reported cases end in prosecution. Ideally the victim should be exempt from cross-examination in court, which was proposed a while back but I don't think it's made any impact. Hearing a defence barrister cross-examine a rape victim is one of the most uncomfortable things I've ever heard, they will dredge up sexual history and stuff, while you can't refer to previous incidents of violence against women (for example) with regards to the defendant.

And yes, it still disgusts me that people who I KNOW are strong women put up with violence, especially sexual violence, in a relationship. Rape is rape, regardless of circumstance.

Again, not sure how accurate this is, but common perception is that if the person in question has a history of...promiscuity, chances of a conviction nosedive because a barrister can run very far with it. Ugh.

Albert Johanneson

| 14,477 posts

9th Sept 2009 at 7:24 pm

Outside-left

It's a really grey area, innit, that's why it's so hard to prosecute. I think the law really does need to be looked at though cos there doesn't seem to be much to help out the victims. On the flipside though you could really f*ck up a bloke's life with a false accusation, even if he ends up being found not guilty.

It's a proper ugly scene.

That was something I was thinking about the other day when doing some loosely related reading. Even if taken to court and found not guilty (because he is, rather than because of a harsh barrister), his life is over. I can't think of another crime that has this effect, with the exception of terrorism.

Albert Johanneson

| 14,477 posts

9th Sept 2009 at 7:30 pm

Outside-left

It's a really grey area, innit, that's why it's so hard to prosecute. I think the law really does need to be looked at though cos there doesn't seem to be much to help out the victims. On the flipside though you could really f*ck up a bloke's life with a false accusation, even if he ends up being found not guilty.

It's a proper ugly scene.

That was something I was thinking about the other day when doing some loosely related reading. Even if taken to court and found not guilty (because he is, rather than because of a harsh barrister), his life is over. I can't think of another crime that has this effect, with the exception of terrorism.

child p*rn?

Well yeah, true.. I kinda lump kiddie p*rn, kiddie rape and rape together, even though they shouldn't be.

Albi The Racist Dragon

| 7,432 posts

9th Sept 2009 at 11:04 pm

Again, not sure how accurate this is, but common perception is that if the person in question has a history of...promiscuity, chances of a conviction nosedive because a barrister can run very far with it. Ugh.[/quote]

Unofficially in prosecution circles there's a 'rape scale', where the chances of it going to trial increase depending on how many of the five the case has.
* They shouldn't know the attacker
* They should be sexually inexperienced
* They should be modestly dressed
* They should have been physically hurt/physically fought back
* They should have reported the incident promptly

This is the attitude that needs changing. Stranger rape accounts for LESS THAN FIVE PER CENT of cases. Also the 'false accusation' misconception. Because they tend to get reported in the media with regards to celebrities it becomes almost a first assumption. Obviously numbers of false accusations are unreportable, but I'd wager far more get thrown out of the system because of an incorrect assumption than actually are false.
[http://card.mygamercard.net/gbar/joelsaysyeah.gif]

[http://www.vegetablerevolution.co.uk/uploads/698876.jpg]

Organised Confusion

| 3,982 posts

10th Sept 2009 at 1:09 am

I was shocked by some of the cases I read when I studied the law of rape. e.g. the requirement that force had to be used only got removed here in 2001, so until then having sex with someone asleep, for example, would only ever result in an indecent assault charge. At least the new 'active consent' requirement sorts that out, in theory at least.

I remember seeing one House of Lords case where of one of them actually pretty much said 'well she was asking for it' in the judgment. Dire. :/

At least our law allows corroboration by distress, but this only really has been successful if the man at least admitted having sex. I don't think corroboration is a term present in English law though, not sure what your position is on this.

Rayanne Graff

| 76,001 posts

10th Sept 2009 at 4:07 am

River Phoenix

(Feel disappointed with myself for not being able to sleep much last night. But it's my fault that i sometimes have problems sleeping. Because i miss cutting. )

Rayanne Graff

| 76,001 posts

10th Sept 2009 at 11:05 am

River Phoenix

Quote: -Debs-, Sept 2009
should i feel like a horrible person for smiling at the fact my boyfriends ex (who lives in Colorado) is going insane cause he has a girlfriend and its taken her 6 months to discover it.............

The fact that you're asking about being horrible, proves that you aren't. People who really are horrible don't care about being horrible.

Rayanne Graff

| 76,001 posts

10th Sept 2009 at 12:23 pm

River Phoenix

Quote: Rayanne Graff, Sept 2009
Quote: -Debs-, Sept 2009
should i feel like a horrible person for smiling at the fact my boyfriends ex (who lives in Colorado) is going insane cause he has a girlfriend and its taken her 6 months to discover it.............

The fact that you're asking about being horrible, proves that you aren't. People who really are horrible don't care about being horrible.

I'm a right horrrible b*st*rd then.

Well, you did once tell me (in the Now Thinking thread that James made) that you're a JERK.

Dinglebutt

| 11,949 posts

10th Sept 2009 at 2:10 pm

Dinglebutt - I aim to misbehave

I aim to misbehave

Or do anything regardless of the appropriateness..

I'm still scarred from the mock teabagging incident.

You laughed so hard you BROKE A F*CKING RIB!

Hence the scar
Mal: Appears we got here just in the nick of time. What does that make us?
Zoë: Big damn heroes, sir.
Mal: Ain't we just.

Rayanne Graff

| 76,001 posts

10th Sept 2009 at 2:23 pm

River Phoenix

Huh, Veg Rev is full of lovely mental images.

Rayanne Graff

| 76,001 posts

10th Sept 2009 at 4:47 pm

River Phoenix

It was stone cold, gold comedy sh*t. You'd love me, I'm a funny guy.

Yeah you are funny, even though you're a JERK who has strange ideas about people from Wigan.

Rayanne Graff

| 76,001 posts

10th Sept 2009 at 4:56 pm

River Phoenix

Yeah you are funny, even though you're a JERK who has strange ideas about people from Wigan.

All you Wiganers love pies, thats a FACT. Whether I'm a JERK or not.

True, mofo. i've never had a chip pie or a pie pie, though.

Rayanne Graff

| 76,001 posts

10th Sept 2009 at 5:10 pm

River Phoenix

I'm beginning to think they're urban myths

Aw; sorry, Phil. i did used to eat Uncle Joe's mint balls when i was little, though; i s'pose that's kind of a Wigany thing to eat.

Rayanne Graff

| 76,001 posts

10th Sept 2009 at 5:16 pm

River Phoenix

Aw; sorry, Phil. i did used to eat Uncle Joe's mint balls when i was little, though; i s'pose that's kind of a Wigany thing to eat.

Were they in a pie?

No, that'd be a misuse of pie or summat.

Rayanne Graff

| 76,001 posts

10th Sept 2009 at 5:25 pm

River Phoenix

Were they in a pie?

I dunno, the part of me tht hails from that place is tempted by this.. Pie and Uncle Joes? How could it go wrong?

It doesn't sound at all right. But maybe it's so wrong that it's right.

Delirium Tremens

| 1,875 posts

10th Sept 2009 at 5:38 pm

Delirium Tremens -

Were they in a pie?

I dunno, the part of me tht hails from that place is tempted by this.. Pie and Uncle Joes? How could it go wrong?

It doesn't sound at all right. But maybe it's so wrong that it's right.

Like sex with a decapitated calf!

Πανδώρα

| 15,328 posts

10th Sept 2009 at 10:36 pm

Πανδώρα -

f*cking BT

connection keeps dropping
*burp*

Πανδώρα

| 15,328 posts

11th Sept 2009 at 3:11 am

Πανδώρα -

[http://www.renegadefanboy.com/wp-content/uploads/nokia5800_stand.jpg]

f*cking ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

motherf*cking piece of SH*T won;t even TURN THE F*CK ON WITHOUT A FIGHT.

all i get is a glowing black screen

then when it is on and working THE LIGHTS DON'T GO THE F*CK OFF.
when by some f*cking miracle they do, the notification light flashes for no goddamn reason.

if my wifi drops out, it has a fanny fit, screen fades to the f*cking glowing black b*ll*cks & none of the buttons do anything
you have to take the battery out to do anything with it.

which is very good for the thing now isn;t it

i thought re flashing things was supposed to fix them, not make them a MILLION TIMES F*CKING WORSE!
*burp*

Πανδώρα

| 15,328 posts

11th Sept 2009 at 9:59 am

Πανδώρα -

other mate threw hers against a wall and went back to her old phone, going to trade it in early for an upgrade in december

piece of f*cking sh*t...

and my E900 has the goddamn slide tones on still >_<
*burp*

Dinglebutt

| 11,949 posts

11th Sept 2009 at 1:20 pm

Dinglebutt - I aim to misbehave

I aim to misbehave

I've an N95 and never had any problems with the battery. Only issue I ever had was sometimes the internet just turns itself off and it goes back to the main page, similar to if I pressed cancel. Other than that, no problems. Whats the battery issue you're referring to?
Mal: Appears we got here just in the nick of time. What does that make us?
Zoë: Big damn heroes, sir.
Mal: Ain't we just.

IGH: Just who was The Brigadier
ratammer: squeak
IGH: Wibble
Vel: *sigh*
Emma: Hi VR...
Princess Psycho: Hi I am back in the UK so how are everyone been keeping. Has Fluffy had that little accident yet?
Claire: SHOUTBOX OF VRRRRRR
Rayanne Graff: Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
Lucozade Lover: Happy New Year!
Crinkle-Cut Beatroot: Happy new year <3
Claire: BOXSHOUT
Rayanne Graff: Happy Easter.
Emma: So… Posting a new thread is Fission Mailing… so I’m putting this here.
Emma: I know there aren’t many people looking at this anymore… but I have made the decision to stop paying for the VR hosting and to let the domain lapse.
Emma: I think it will be going offline around the end of May
Emma: It’s been almost 10 years since James passed away… and I feel like it’s time.
Emma: A lot of the regulars can be found on the VR veterans group on Facebook - if you see this and you’re not in there, come join us.
Crinkle-Cut Beatroot: What's the facebook group called? I couldn't find it...

Page: