Well done, mofo.
*[http://www.vegetablerevolution.co.uk/uploads/549604.jpg]*

Dinglebutt

| 11,949 posts

16th Aug 2011 at 7:57 pm

Dinglebutt - I aim to misbehave

I aim to misbehave

Quote: Gob, Aug 2011
F*cking 'ell, just weighed meself and I'm just over 11.5 stone, that's 5 stone I've lost now Still got another half stone to go as well I reckon

So there you go, if I can do it, anyone can

You're an inspiration lad

Just home from the gym myself. Will have hit my first stone by the end of the week. Gymming it four times a week, but thinking of just walking for an hour on the other evenings, or even two evenings and have one day completely off. Caught a look in the mirror at the gym today and just felt ashamed. The kind of look that whenever I'd seen someone else look like that I'd think "Well, I am fat, but at least I'm not as bad as that." And that's AFTER I've lost nearly a stone.
Mal: Appears we got here just in the nick of time. What does that make us?
Zoë: Big damn heroes, sir.
Mal: Ain't we just.

Dinglebutt

| 11,949 posts

22nd Aug 2011 at 7:58 am

I aim to misbehave

Mostly cardio at the weekend. Actually, all cardio since my left shoulder has been at me for a few days now.

Either way, the cardio is working. 17lbs. I'm officially 20% of the way to my goal.

Dinglebutt

| 11,949 posts

22nd Aug 2011 at 7:53 pm

I aim to misbehave

Quote: Buster, Aug 2011
Mostly cardio at the weekend. Actually, all cardio since my left shoulder has been at me for a few days now.

Either way, the cardio is working. 17lbs. I'm officially 20% of the way to my goal.

Go on Barrington. What's your eating been like as well?

Alright, haven't gone overboard. Cut down on the carbs would be the main things.

Old diet:
Breakfast - Porridge
Lunch - Turkey and Egg Mayo sandwich
Dinner - Meat and potatoes normally
Snacks - Bars, Ice cream, Reece's Peanut Butter Cups
Drinks - Lots of milk

New diet:
Breakfast - Porridge
Lunch - Turkey and ham sandwich (wholewheat bread)
Dinner - Sometimes meat and 1/2 potatoes, or Scrambled eggs/omelette
Snacks - Low-fat crisps (80 calories) but usually nothing. Also have two fat-free yoghurts during the day
Drinks - Water

Signed up to myfitnesspal.com last year and never used it, so started using it again now. Gives me a target of 1750cals a day which I'm usually a bit below with the diet above. Dunno how accurate it is though. Tried fitday.com today but wasn't convinced. Seemed harder to use.

I know I need to add in more veg and the like, but I think what I have now will be good enough to help me reach my Christmas goal, then after Christmas I can revise everything (gym routine/diet) to hit my summer goal.

Dinglebutt

| 11,949 posts

22nd Aug 2011 at 9:05 pm

I aim to misbehave

I'll tell you now mate, cutting out the bread, regardless of type and spuds will make a massive difference, not calorie wise, I'd make up the difference in protein, just the fact it bloats you out. But amazing to see your on for your goal, just be prepared to plateau and know what you need to do to break through that

Oh yeah, that's why bread/carbs are my trump card. Once I start to plateau, eggs for breakfast, chicken salad for lunch and... well.... I still have to have a potato with dinner. I'm Irish. It's the law.

Dinglebutt

| 11,949 posts

3rd Sept 2011 at 8:23 pm

I aim to misbehave

Will hopefully have hit 20/21lbs by Monday morning. Going to have to skip the gym in the morning though which may throw things off. My left arm has been kinda sore for the past few weeks, but its really been at me today. Even if I did cardio tomorrow, that would rule out the crosstrainer and the rowing machine. Though I guess I could split my time between the bike and the treadmill.

Then again, I'd almost prefer to skip tomorrow and go 5 times next week.

Either way, still chuffed with my progress.

Dinglebutt

| 11,949 posts

5th Sept 2011 at 9:47 am

I aim to misbehave

Quote:
In an interview with The People, the Cemetery Junction comedian spoke about his decision to slim down, reportedly losing 22lb in just one year: "I've never had a problem with weight.

"I was thin until I was about 29. Then I hit 30 and there was a decade of eating and drinking.

"I thought, 'Oh my God, I'm going to die' so I decided to do something about it. Losing the weight wasn't a problem. I just decided I'd work out and slim down because I didn't want to die."

He previously said that he would have slimmed down sooner if others had been up front about his figure: "Why didn't anyone tell me I was fat?

"People say I look great now. They then say I used to be pear-shaped. Why didn't anyone tell me? I would have worked out earlier."

Oh? Ricky Gervais lost 22lbs? In just one year? JUST one year?

I lost that sh*t in less than 10 weeks. F*ck you, Gervais, even though I still like the majority of your work.

Arm is still f*cked though. Even just moving it in certain ways. Might try leave an hour or two early some evening this week and go to a physio. Get my leg checked out as well

Dinglebutt

| 11,949 posts

5th Sept 2011 at 9:50 am

I aim to misbehave

Quote: Annie, Sept 2011
Yesterday I had a healthy breakfast, went to the gym, came home and ate a lunch that included 4 types of meat and 2 cheeses. I woz hungwy

The way I see it, if you're too strict, you won't stick to it. Allow yourself a lunch like that every now and again, just work a little harder next time you're in the gym to compensate

4 meats though? Niiice!

Dinglebutt

| 11,949 posts

17th Sept 2011 at 4:46 pm

I aim to misbehave

I think I've lost 25lb so far (I weigh myself on Saturday and Monday mornings, as my weekday and weekend eating is different), so this morning I weighed in at 245lb. This was weighing myself in the nuddy on scales I have at home.

When I got into the gym this morning I just quickly jumped on the scales (clothes and runners on, not in the nuddy) just as a check, and I weighed in at about 238. So then I was confused as to which was more accurate, had I lost the same amount of weight regardless but wasn't starting off at 270lb? So I bought another set of scales (this set could also measure body fat apparently). When I got home I weighed myself on my old scales, then the new scales, and I was half a pound heavier on the new scales, which confused me even more.

Maybe I'm already thin and just all the scales are wrong. Who wants pizza?

Either way, I'm going to take it as 25lb lost (should be at least 26 on Monday morning), and still going strong at the gym apart from my arm which is still a bit sore, but so long as I stick to cardio which is pretty much my plan until Christmas anyway, should be fine. I even think my leg problems are finally over. Walked 6km/h for 20 minutes with running for 10km/h for 2 minutes after the last two times I was at the gym. Now I think the only reason I can't run more is because I'm overweight.

Dinglebutt

| 11,949 posts

9th Oct 2011 at 12:31 pm

I aim to misbehave

Officially the thinnest I've been in at least 4 years (possibly even closer to 5 years). 32lbs lost so far. Still don't feel like the arm is 100% so it's been all cardio and diet, and still have some sh*te I could cut from the diet to make it better if I'm not hitting my targets.

I mean, I'm still fat, but now, less so.

Rayanne Graff

| 76,001 posts

9th Oct 2011 at 12:35 pm

Rayanne Graff - River Phoenix

River Phoenix

Quote: Commandant Lassard, Oct 2011
Officially the thinnest I've been in at least 4 years (possibly even closer to 5 years). 32lbs lost so far. Still don't feel like the arm is 100% so it's been all cardio and diet, and still have some sh*te I could cut from the diet to make it better if I'm not hitting my targets.

I mean, I'm still fat, but now, less so.

Well done, mofo.

Dinglebutt

| 11,949 posts

17th Oct 2011 at 8:35 am

I aim to misbehave

Only went to the gym once this week (though I did more than I usually do) and ended up losing 3lb this week, taking me up to 2.5 stone. And still, no one has noticed. Don't really care any more though. I'd almost rather have 5 stone lost before someone says "Have you lost weight?" and I'll go "Yeah, 5 motherf*cking stone!"

Only downside is that as I lose more weight, my calorie counter changes and says I should eat less calories, so going to need to be more stringent now diet-wise

Anyway, Christmas is 10 weeks away, and my Christmas target was 50lbs. Aim has been 2lb per week which if I hit, would have me at 55lbs, though there are a few weekends coming up which I'll be eating/boozing on, so mightn't lose anything those weeks unless I overcompensate during the weeks. So still on target at least. Have a good few days holidays still to take so could get in some extra gym work.

While I appreciate all the motivation and support you guys give (really appreciate), I just wanna say I'm not constantly posting my progress here to fish for compliments. Just need a diary kinda thing which is kinda private but that I'd remember to check in on while I'm on the site. Was going to use my blog for it, but real-life people I know know the blog, so you're all stuck with my ramblings here

Rayanne Graff

| 76,001 posts

23rd Oct 2011 at 7:23 pm

River Phoenix

Yeah, i don't think there's anything wrong with rambling, Baz. Your ramblings are better than your jokes, anyroad.

Dinglebutt

| 11,949 posts

24th Oct 2011 at 10:57 am

I aim to misbehave

Quote: Gob, Oct 2011
F*ck off Barry, you deserve the compliments! I've done it myself and it's motivation that helps you reach your goals. So f*ck off.

Do people pay you for your inspirational speeches or is it a charitable thing?

Cheers folks. Actually started getting some real-life (aka people who can physically see me) compliments this weekend too. My aunt was asking me about work on Saturday night when she paused and asked did I lose weight and how much, and we were talking about exercise and diet for a while. Then when my folks came home (my aunt was down minding Grandad while the folks were out) she said "I was just saying to Barry how he's doing so well losing weight", which made my mother ask me how much I lost. Though after I said 2.5stone, they still didn't seem interested.

Then my sister and another aunt said I lost weight on Sunday, to which my sister's husband said "Aye, didn't I say that to you a few weeks ago that he looked like he lost weight". My aunt said "Didn't notice until now, you usually have a big jumper on or something" which is fair enough.

So yeah, a good weekend. Another 3lb loss this week, bringing me to 38lb, and two excellent gym sessions. Y'know, plus Batman was out, so a great weekend, but even discounting that, a good weekend.

Dinglebutt

| 11,949 posts

30th Oct 2011 at 10:58 am

I aim to misbehave

Going to skip the gym this morning as it feels like my brain is doing somersaults in my head. Possibly the extra hour in bed, possibly the Strepsils I ate yesterday for no reason other than I like Strepsils. Either way, Bank Holiday tomorrow so can go to the gym then and not miss a day. Plus I've surpassed this weeks weightless target so not falling behind. Have now lost just over 40lb so by this time next week, I'll have lost 3 stone.

Rayanne Graff

| 76,001 posts

30th Oct 2011 at 11:43 am

River Phoenix

Well done, Baz.

Dinglebutt

| 11,949 posts

8th Nov 2011 at 10:58 am

I aim to misbehave

Hmmm... After two weeks with 3lb losses each, this week I only lost 1lb. Had a bit of an extra cheat day with the Bank Holiday, so I guess that's the reason. Was hoping to smash through my 3stone goal, but just landed exactly on it. Oh well, don't matter if you win by an inch or a mile. Winning's winning. 3st target reached.

Off work next week, which means extra gym sessions and less food. Then will have some fine-dining and wine tasting that weekend (or boozing and Abrakebabra, one or the other) so should at least break even that week.

My target for Christmas was 50lb (just over 3.5st), and I'm now at 42lb, so should definitely hit it. Almost tempted to make my target 56lb (4st), which is still achievable, but probably best to keep my target what it is and maybe hit 4st anyway.

Anyway, like I said, my main goal is to lose 85lb, but hopefully lose 100lb (hit a round figure by losing my round figure). Which means I'm halfway to the target goal. Second half will be trickier though. Worst part about losing weight, you burn less calories doing the same exercises and you have to eat less calories because you're thinner. New year will have to be a major overhaul of what exercises I do and what I eat. Then again, I'll have more time to lose less weight, as my target is the beginning of July, so if I hit 4st by January which would be 6 months, I'd have 6 months to lose just over 3st.

Dinglebutt

| 11,949 posts

17th Nov 2011 at 6:49 pm

I aim to misbehave

Cleaned out my room on Monday. Had to throw out two bin bags full of clothes that either don't fit me any more, or I just don't like any more. Spent over €200 on new clothes this week. Have even started wearing t-shirts again, rather than just really baggy rugby jerseys, which hopefully means people will stop trying to converse with me about rugby. I just liked the jerseys and they hid the fat pretty well.

Anyway, being off work this week means I've been eating less, so even though I missed the gym both today and yesterday (yesterday had to do stuff for my mother, today went shopping), I've already surpassed my weightloss target for the week and there's a good chance I'll reach my Christmas target before the end of the month

Dinglebutt

| 11,949 posts

17th Nov 2011 at 7:57 pm

I aim to misbehave

Quote: Gob, Nov 2011
Quote: Butt Penis, Nov 2011
Cleaned out my room on Monday. Had to throw out two bin bags full of clothes that either don't fit me any more, or I just don't like any more. Spent over €200 on new clothes this week. Have even started wearing t-shirts again, rather than just really baggy rugby jerseys, which hopefully means people will stop trying to converse with me about rugby. I just liked the jerseys and they hid the fat pretty well.

Anyway, being off work this week means I've been eating less, so even though I missed the gym both today and yesterday (yesterday had to do stuff for my mother, today went shopping), I've already surpassed my weightloss target for the week and there's a good chance I'll reach my Christmas target before the end of the month

GO ON LAD!

I've dropped a couple of pound this past couple of weeks after gaining 3/4 through lax eating and drinking more. Off the drink for a few weeks as well, which is deffo helping.

Cheers lad, and good on yourself. No doubt the weight will creep up every now and again given special occasions or just relaxing, but you seem to be on top of things keeping it off.

Rayanne Graff

| 76,001 posts

18th Nov 2011 at 4:30 pm

River Phoenix

Well done, Phil and Baz.

Dinglebutt

| 11,949 posts

20th Nov 2011 at 1:10 pm

I aim to misbehave

I had lost almost 4lb this week as I was off work, but met up with the college lads yesterday. Ended up not being a big drinking session, just go-karting, some food and a few drinks (Rock Shandy for most of us as we were driving)

Anyway, that 4lb has now been put back on. 4 Rock Shandys (8 normal minerals), big thing of chicken curry with potato croquettes, and a big portion of Oreo Cheesecake (we have to get cheesecake when we meet up for dinner. It's a rule). Not fully sure if I trust this mornings weigh-in yet though. But either way, doesnt seem like I put on any weight, so at least it's not a step backwards.

Dinglebutt

| 11,949 posts

30th Nov 2011 at 10:04 am

I aim to misbehave

In 5 months, I have lost 50lb.

[http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v357/paddyirishman85/woop-woop-wop_o_GIFSoupcom.gif]

Vel: *sigh*
Emma: Hi VR...
Princess Psycho: Hi I am back in the UK so how are everyone been keeping. Has Fluffy had that little accident yet?
Claire: SHOUTBOX OF VRRRRRR
Rayanne Graff: Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
Lucozade Lover: Happy New Year!
Crinkle-Cut Beatroot: Happy new year <3
Claire: BOXSHOUT
Rayanne Graff: Happy Easter.
Emma: So… Posting a new thread is Fission Mailing… so I’m putting this here.
Emma: I know there aren’t many people looking at this anymore… but I have made the decision to stop paying for the VR hosting and to let the domain lapse.
Emma: I think it will be going offline around the end of May
Emma: It’s been almost 10 years since James passed away… and I feel like it’s time.
Emma: A lot of the regulars can be found on the VR veterans group on Facebook - if you see this and you’re not in there, come join us.
Crinkle-Cut Beatroot: What's the facebook group called? I couldn't find it...
Πανδώρα: MUHAHAHAHAHA!
IGH: And so it ends
Captain Spiky: I've just been loving life, going through the photos in the Meets gallery. so many awesome people that I loved hanging out with

Page: