Fitness Thread

Posted In: Main. Reading This Thread:

Πανδώρα

| 15,329 posts

26th Aug 2010 at 11:03 am

Πανδώρα -

I think i'm going to start biking up to college for the hell of it again.

it's 6 miles, just shy of an hours ride on roads i don't mind

i am such a lazy fat f*ck recently, it's unreal

i've not properly left the house since i got back from essex, other than to take the rabbits to the pet shop yesterday.

if i lose weight, awesome. but all i really want at this moment in time is a bit more energy & to get my fat a*se a bit fitter again.
struggling to breathe normally when walking up a hill is awful
*burp*

Dinglebutt

| 11,949 posts

21st Sept 2010 at 8:33 pm

Dinglebutt - I aim to misbehave

I aim to misbehave

Sh*t as all f*ck. Between all the stuff with my grandfather, sh*t weather ruining my plans to go walking, and just general laziness, I'm not going to reach my Christmas target.

New plan is to rejoin a gym. If I can find a cheap one nearby, I'm going to go every weekday morning and get into a proper routine. But due to lack of green (or as they're called in Ireland, "multi-coloureds"), that won't happen til next month.

Doing alright healthy-eating wise though. Could still be a lot better, but doing alright
Mal: Appears we got here just in the nick of time. What does that make us?
Zoë: Big damn heroes, sir.
Mal: Ain't we just.

Albi The Racist Dragon

| 7,432 posts

22nd Sept 2010 at 7:16 pm

Went to the gym last week then slipped on a small plastic cone during a PE lesson (which is why I'm not supposed to join in) and twisted my bad knee. Although refereed a football match for the first time in five years and felt pretty good after, stiff as hell today though. No idea how much I weigh, around the 14st mark, I don't own scales.
[http://card.mygamercard.net/gbar/joelsaysyeah.gif]

[http://www.vegetablerevolution.co.uk/uploads/698876.jpg]

Delirium Tremens

| 1,875 posts

28th Sept 2010 at 3:24 pm

Delirium Tremens -

Over twelve stone again? B*ll*cks, I'm joining the gym on payday.

Dinglebutt

| 11,949 posts

30th Sept 2010 at 9:19 pm

I aim to misbehave

I am absolutely definitely positively without a shadow of a doubt going for a walk in the morning. 1st of October. It's like the sequel to my life.

Barry 2: New Month. New Rules. New Barry.

Dinglebutt

| 11,949 posts

1st Oct 2010 at 5:27 am

I aim to misbehave

Quote: Rick James, B*tch, Sept 2010
I am absolutely definitely positively without a shadow of a doubt going for a walk in the morning. 1st of October. It's like the sequel to my life.

The above performance of Barry 2 has been delayed due to rain and lack of earphones.

I knew bad weather was coming so I was goin to buy waterproofs so I could still walk when it's raining. I did not anticipate rain this morning though. However, the fact I am wide awake almost an hour and a half before I have to get up is proof I did intend to go walking.

Delirium Tremens

| 1,875 posts

1st Oct 2010 at 10:33 am

Delirium Tremens -

DON'T READ THIS, BARRY! WALK! WALK! STOP WHAT YOU ARE DOING AND WALK!

Dinglebutt

| 11,949 posts

1st Oct 2010 at 11:56 am

I aim to misbehave

Quote: James, Oct 2010

DON'T READ THIS, BARRY! WALK! WALK! STOP WHAT YOU ARE DOING AND WALK!

I just did the complete opposite to everything you just said.

My plan is walking 4 mornings a week, and home gym 3 times a week. But, if I can't walk for whatever reason, extra session of home gym that evening. So home gym tonight.

Also, stopped having bread and butter for breakfast and started having porridge again. So diet is in effect now too.

Barry 2.5: Directors Cut

Dinglebutt

| 11,949 posts

6th Oct 2010 at 6:18 am

I aim to misbehave

Just back from my walk. Dunno what distance, but walked for about 45 minutes. Hungry now. Mmmm.... porridge with honey and flaxseed

Dinglebutt

| 11,949 posts

21st Oct 2010 at 6:40 pm

I aim to misbehave

Quote: Mr Bungle, Oct 2010
I lost 6 pounds in 5 days, which I am going to call a good start. (I've been exercising since...mid august but only hit it hard and made necessary dietary changes about a week ago, it feels like the most serious I've been about this so far so that's good, need to keep it up this time though)

That's fantastic Georgerino

Delirium Tremens

| 1,875 posts

24th Oct 2010 at 11:38 am

Delirium Tremens -

Finally, finally joined the gym on Wednesday. It makes me laugh that they pull that "I'll have to ask my manager..." stuff when I tell them there's no way that I'm paying £70 a month and they try to make it so that you can't cancel your contract until a year has passed (I can cancel my direct debit, you fools), but frankly all that nonsense is worth it because it's a very good gym.

I'm going for a swim.

Delirium Tremens

| 1,875 posts

24th Oct 2010 at 2:09 pm

Delirium Tremens -

Quote: James, Oct 2010

I'm going for a swim.

That was a bloody stupid thing to do.

Dinglebutt

| 11,949 posts

1st Nov 2010 at 9:11 pm

I aim to misbehave

Joined a gym today. Didn't get to use it (didn't know I was going to join it and all my gym stuff is at home). €180 for 6 months. Minimum 4 times a week.

I'm saying it here now, and bar a death in the family or the gym burning down, I'm planning on losing over a stone by Christmas. If I do not keep to this target, I want a few volunteers to PM me abusive messages and if I fail miserably, feel free to bombard my Facebook page with pictures of oversized graves and Santa dying in hospital from obesity related illnesses all alone because Ms.Claus couldn't bear to see his health continuously decline while he sat on the couch all day because he only works one day a year so she left him and shacked up with the Easter Bunny because he gives her more sex in a week than Santa did since Jesus was born.

I shall be buying a weighing scales tomorrow and will try post updates.

Delirium Tremens

| 1,875 posts

1st Nov 2010 at 9:30 pm

Delirium Tremens -

Quote: Mr.Snrub, Nov 2010
Joined a gym today. Didn't get to use it (didn't know I was going to join it and all my gym stuff is at home). €180 for 6 months. Minimum 4 times a week.

I'm saying it here now, and bar a death in the family or the gym burning down, I'm planning on losing over a stone by Christmas. If I do not keep to this target, I want a few volunteers to PM me abusive messages and if I fail miserably, feel free to bombard my Facebook page with pictures of oversized graves and Santa dying in hospital from obesity related illnesses all alone because Ms.Claus couldn't bear to see his health continuously decline while he sat on the couch all day because he only works one day a year so she left him and shacked up with the Easter Bunny because he gives her more sex in a week than Santa did since Jesus was born.

I shall be buying a weighing scales tomorrow and will try post updates.

Well done, man. I joined the gym last week and have done a few decent sessions.

You can do this!

Rayanne Graff

| 76,001 posts

1st Nov 2010 at 9:45 pm

Rayanne Graff - River Phoenix

River Phoenix

i also hope that Baz does well in his gym attempts.

[http://www.culturekitchen.com/home/images/rosietheriveter.jpg]
*[http://www.vegetablerevolution.co.uk/uploads/549604.jpg]*

Dinglebutt

| 11,949 posts

1st Nov 2010 at 9:53 pm

I aim to misbehave

Quote: Resident Death, Nov 2010
I hope Baz doesn't end up looking like that!

I do! Rather boobs than man-boobs. Cheers folks

Rayanne Graff

| 76,001 posts

3rd Nov 2010 at 7:04 pm

Rayanne Graff - River Phoenix

River Phoenix

Well done, mofo.
*[http://www.vegetablerevolution.co.uk/uploads/549604.jpg]*

Dinglebutt

| 11,949 posts

3rd Nov 2010 at 8:10 pm

I aim to misbehave

Quote: Mr Bungle, Nov 2010
I'm now 18st4lb, which I'm pleased with as I'm fairly sure I was 19st7lb or thereabouts in mid-August and was definitely 18st13lb 4 weeks ago.
If I can push it down a few more pounds I'll be less than 18st for the first time in over 3 years.

Thats amazing lad! You're a power!

Vel: *sigh*
Emma: Hi VR...
Princess Psycho: Hi I am back in the UK so how are everyone been keeping. Has Fluffy had that little accident yet?
Claire: SHOUTBOX OF VRRRRRR
Rayanne Graff: Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
Lucozade Lover: Happy New Year!
Crinkle-Cut Beatroot: Happy new year <3
Claire: BOXSHOUT
Rayanne Graff: Happy Easter.
Emma: So… Posting a new thread is Fission Mailing… so I’m putting this here.
Emma: I know there aren’t many people looking at this anymore… but I have made the decision to stop paying for the VR hosting and to let the domain lapse.
Emma: I think it will be going offline around the end of May
Emma: It’s been almost 10 years since James passed away… and I feel like it’s time.
Emma: A lot of the regulars can be found on the VR veterans group on Facebook - if you see this and you’re not in there, come join us.
Crinkle-Cut Beatroot: What's the facebook group called? I couldn't find it...
Πανδώρα: MUHAHAHAHAHA!
IGH: And so it ends
Captain Spiky: I've just been loving life, going through the photos in the Meets gallery. so many awesome people that I loved hanging out with

Page: