12th Jul 2010 at 8:03 pm

Chris Kamara -

YEAH!

Dinglebutt

| 11,949 posts

26th Jul 2010 at 3:23 pm

Dinglebutt - I aim to misbehave

I aim to misbehave

First time in the gym in a few weeks yesterday due to moving out. Over the past few weeks too, my diet has been pretty poor.

Weighed myself yesterday. 260. The exact weight I was when I started all this over a year ago

An I'm delighted. This is the motivation I needed. This is my limit, and I shall never weigh more than this. Fresh start on my terms. Now I'm cooking for myself I can properly control my diet. Now that I have more time in the evenings I can do more exercise. 260 now. 224 by Christmas. 190 by next May at the latest

And when I'm done, I'm going to get a tattoo of the number 260 with a tight belt around it or a knife through it or something. F*ck 260. My least favourite of all the numbers

Edited by Dinglebutt Jul 2010
Mal: Appears we got here just in the nick of time. What does that make us?
Zoë: Big damn heroes, sir.
Mal: Ain't we just.

Dinglebutt

| 11,949 posts

26th Jul 2010 at 4:23 pm

I aim to misbehave

Quote: Super Nintendo Chalmers, Jul 2010
Quote: Barrington Smash, Jul 2010
First time in the gym in a few weeks yesterday due to moving out. Over the past few weeks too, my diet has been pretty poor.

Weighed myself yesterday. 260. The exact weight I was when I started all this over a year ago

An I'm delighted. This is the motivation I needed. This is my limit, and I shall never weigh more than this. Fresh start on my terms. Now I'm cooking for myself I can properly control my diet. Now that I have more time in the evenings I can do more exercise. 260 now. 224 by Christmas. 190 by next May at the latest

And when I'm done, I'm going to get a tattoo of the number 260 with a tight belt around it or a knife through it or something. F*ck 260. My least favourite of all the numbers

F*CK 260!

YEAH! F*CK IT RIGHT IN THAT HOLE THE 6 MAKES!

Rayanne Graff

| 76,001 posts

27th Jul 2010 at 11:25 am

Rayanne Graff - River Phoenix

River Phoenix

Quote: Super Nintendo Chalmers, Jul 2010
Quote: Barrington Smash, Jul 2010

F*CK 260!

Yeah, f*** it. And f*** stairs.
*[http://www.vegetablerevolution.co.uk/uploads/549604.jpg]*

LoonyPandora

| 17,916 posts

31st Jul 2010 at 9:49 am

LoonyPandora - Daft Cow?

Daft Cow?

Quote: The Underwhelmed One, Jul 2010
Swimming is clearly far better exercise than I thought!

I've not changed my diet, if anything I'm eating more food with a lot of bad food thrown in, but half a stone has melted off me in two weeks (has it really only been two weeks?!) and my sister who just got back from a weeks holiday said she could see a huge difference.

I can see a huge difference in my thighs and stomach, and smaller ones everywhere else.

I've been going 4 times a week and doing a mile almost every time admittedly, but I didn't think that was a lot.

I totally believe exercise is more important than diet.

As for me, I'm back on track, after the weight gain of being back in this country, I'm back down to 12.5 stone. I will get down to 11 if it's the last thing I do.

learrggh

| 5,671 posts

1st Aug 2010 at 9:31 am

learrggh -

I'M F*CKING FAT.

edited because the font wasn't F*CKING FAT ENOUGH. k.

cloudy

| 2 posts

3rd Aug 2010 at 7:11 am

Fitness must adhere to!

Albi The Racist Dragon

| 7,432 posts

3rd Aug 2010 at 10:34 pm

Quote: cloudy, Aug 2010
Fitness must adhere to!

I genuinely have no idea if this is a bot or Sammy Tsang's little brother.
[http://card.mygamercard.net/gbar/joelsaysyeah.gif]

[http://www.vegetablerevolution.co.uk/uploads/698876.jpg]

Dinglebutt

| 11,949 posts

4th Aug 2010 at 8:33 am

I aim to misbehave

At 0600 hours tomorrow morning, I shall wake up, and go for a 1hour walk.

You heard it here first folks

Dinglebutt

| 11,949 posts

4th Aug 2010 at 9:07 am

I aim to misbehave

Quote: Super Nintendo Chalmers, Aug 2010
Quote: Barrington Smash, Aug 2010

Hows living on yer own treating you Barrington?

In terms of fitness or overall?

Fitness-wise, could be better. I never used to mind going to the gym, but now that it's half an hours drive away it can be a bit of a struggle to get motivated to go. Although setting the new weightloss goal for myself should help kick me into gear for it. Hoping to make the early walks a regular thing too, if my legs can handle it.

I think my biggest trouble is diet though. Living on my own means having to cook everything for myself. Unfortunately, the past while I've mostly just been making omelettes or scrambled eggs, both with toast, then just ham sandwiches or toast in the mornings. Switching to porridge in the mornings next week though once I've finished off the bread I've already bought. Gonna cut down drastically on the carbs. Have salad as a side rather than spuds, less bread by making my own lunch some days instead of getting my egg Mayo and turkey sandwiches from the shop every day. It's a new month and now that I no longer can use the "I just moved in so I'm all over the place" excuse for food and exercise, I have no excuses.

Other than that things are going good. Mobile broadband is pretty slow which is a good thing because I want to cut down on it anyway. Less Internet means more likely to watch the mountain of unwatched DVDs I had piling up. Enjoying the freedom of it all. Already learned how to make lasagne, which means after about 10 months I have finally added a new dish to the list of 'Things I can cook'. So yeah, its going good thanks. Just need a bit of a kick up the hole to keep things tidy

Albi The Racist Dragon

| 7,432 posts

4th Aug 2010 at 5:15 pm

Quote: Resident Death, Aug 2010
I am in charge of the Leisure and Lifestyle books in my work. This means I have a lot of work-out books for my perusal. So, I may as well see if any of them work.

I'm going to try this Boot Camp one and then review it- so fingers crossed it has something in it. It seems to be a womanised version of the Abs Diet, so here goes...

Had my final hospital appointment today: there's tissue damage (as to be expected) but the bone is fully healed, so hopefully I will be able to run soon. I have supportive trainers and so long as I'm on a flat, even surface (which a treadmill is) I don't see that there should be problems. So, back to the gym.

Oh, I swam for an hour today. At first I was really tired, but partway through I realised that I CAN do this.

And so I shall.

Try a cross-trainer, I found that much easier than a treadmill when I was getting back into things.

Did an hour or so intensive stuff in the gym today, I'm trying to go twice a week at the moment but it's not quite happening. At least once a week though, or I don't allow myself my pizza (yeah the diet area still needs work).
[http://card.mygamercard.net/gbar/joelsaysyeah.gif]

[http://www.vegetablerevolution.co.uk/uploads/698876.jpg]

Dinglebutt

| 11,949 posts

5th Aug 2010 at 6:08 am

I aim to misbehave

Quote: Barrington Smash, Aug 2010

At 0601 hours this morning, I went back to bed.

I wasn't feeling too well yesterday evening and didn't get a lot of sleep. Tuesday morning however, I will go for a walk. (I would go tomorrow but its my day off so going to go to the gym when I wake up instead)

learrggh

| 5,671 posts

5th Aug 2010 at 7:48 am

learrggh -

pretty sure you'll still be doing better than me, Barry. Only exercise I've got this week was chasing all of the birds out of my garden about an hour ago.

Lianne

| 9,643 posts

10th Aug 2010 at 4:00 pm

Did all of my Rosemary Conley DVD today.
In the last couple of weeks have also joined the gym, bought a bike and started swimming regularly too.

I feel much better for it.

Lianne

| 9,643 posts

12th Aug 2010 at 12:41 pm

Quote: The Underwhelmed One, Aug 2010
Only lost a pound this week it has to be fat as I look thinner. Hopefully I've gained some muscle.

And I did have a dreadful weekend food and drink wise so I could easily have put weight on. Still, discouraged

It's "only" a pound, but at least it's not a pound gain?

I seem to either lose 1lb/2lb or like....6/7lb..

LoonyPandora

| 17,916 posts

24th Aug 2010 at 5:56 pm

LoonyPandora - Daft Cow?

Daft Cow?

Just did my first cycle to and from work. ~3miles with mostly long gentle inclines/declines. I do it in approx 15 mins, with a small bit of walking as there is a massive hill, lots of buses and traffic, and roadworks in Wimbledon. nothing to do with being tired...

I'm totally knackered, and my a*se is killing me. How the chuff I made it up that mountain in Mexico I'll never know... maybe it's something to do with the 2 stone extra weight I'm carrying, or the lack of faith in my wobbly racer... in any case, it certainly works different muscles than skating. And that's a good thing

Dinglebutt

| 11,949 posts

25th Aug 2010 at 8:24 pm

I aim to misbehave

My plan from August to lose weight has taken some serious knocks. Mostly due to factors outside my control, but also a lot due to my own fault. Gonna keep the same target weight loss though. Just means I'm going to have to work harder to achieve it

Vel: *sigh*
Emma: Hi VR...
Princess Psycho: Hi I am back in the UK so how are everyone been keeping. Has Fluffy had that little accident yet?
Claire: SHOUTBOX OF VRRRRRR
Rayanne Graff: Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
Lucozade Lover: Happy New Year!
Crinkle-Cut Beatroot: Happy new year <3
Claire: BOXSHOUT
Rayanne Graff: Happy Easter.
Emma: So… Posting a new thread is Fission Mailing… so I’m putting this here.
Emma: I know there aren’t many people looking at this anymore… but I have made the decision to stop paying for the VR hosting and to let the domain lapse.
Emma: I think it will be going offline around the end of May
Emma: It’s been almost 10 years since James passed away… and I feel like it’s time.
Emma: A lot of the regulars can be found on the VR veterans group on Facebook - if you see this and you’re not in there, come join us.
Crinkle-Cut Beatroot: What's the facebook group called? I couldn't find it...
Πανδώρα: MUHAHAHAHAHA!
IGH: And so it ends
Captain Spiky: I've just been loving life, going through the photos in the Meets gallery. so many awesome people that I loved hanging out with

Page: