Fitness Thread

Posted In: Main. Reading This Thread:

LoonyPandora

| 17,916 posts

11th Jan 2010 at 8:59 am

LoonyPandora - Daft Cow?

Daft Cow?

You know what, running is hard - I did a real world, actually outside 4km this morning, and it nearly killed me!

There are different types of fitness it would seem, I did 20k on the bike almost right after, and it wasn't half as hard as the run...

LoonyPandora

| 17,916 posts

11th Jan 2010 at 11:21 am

LoonyPandora - Daft Cow?

Daft Cow?

I ran on ice. Not as deadly as it sounds though. It did hurt a little, especially with my dodgy knees.

Chris Kamara

| 24,049 posts

15th Jan 2010 at 1:14 am

Chris Kamara -

I'm training hard. A year from now I want to be in the position of auditioning for posts on Men's Health magazines (etc). No harm in having a target although perhaps it's a bit unrealistic; we'll see. Diet and training are both spot on though, just gotta be careful I do things steadily and not rush anything.

Albert Johanneson

| 14,477 posts

23rd Feb 2010 at 1:37 pm

Albert Johanneson - Outside-left

Outside-left

I've applied to join the Uni gym, just need to wait until I've the money before I paid the fees then I'm in.

Jewbacca

| 6,793 posts

25th Feb 2010 at 2:39 pm

Jewbacca -

I like keeping fit I'm going to the gym three times a week again and my guns are bulging Sometimes I go with my girlfriend who I have and we run a 10k race.
AAAAAAARRRRRRRGHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!

Dinglebutt

| 11,949 posts

7th Mar 2010 at 6:54 pm

Dinglebutt - I aim to misbehave

I aim to misbehave

Oh yeah, started back properly last weekend. Due to overtime at work and stuff at weekends, I'd barely gone since the start of the year. But gone 6 times since last saturday and back into the swing of things now. Strated doing more freeweights too, including the bench press. So I'm planning 2 days cardio/resistance weights, and 2 days free weights/bit of cardio

Had weighed 238 just before Christmas, now back up to 245, so there's no hope of me hitting my original target of 190 by the beginning of June while still consuming food; so new target: 210 by the beginning of July, 190 by the beginning of September
Mal: Appears we got here just in the nick of time. What does that make us?
Zoë: Big damn heroes, sir.
Mal: Ain't we just.

Albert Johanneson

| 14,477 posts

7th Mar 2010 at 7:05 pm

Outside-left

Quote: Ted 'Smooth' Bundy, Jan 2010
For anyone who wants to track their nutrition
www.dailyburn.com is quite nifty

Just signed up for a free account and I'm impressed with the depth of the tracking.

Albert Johanneson

| 14,477 posts

7th Mar 2010 at 7:21 pm

Outside-left

Quote: Ted 'Smooth' Bundy, Mar 2010
Quote: Albert Johanneson, Mar 2010
Quote: Ted 'Smooth' Bundy, Jan 2010
For anyone who wants to track their nutrition
www.dailyburn.com is quite nifty

Just signed up for a free account and I'm impressed with the depth of the tracking.

Whats your user name, I'll add you to my motivators and yes its a belting site and you can add your own food too.

Aye, the food thing is what persuaded me to sign up. I want to see how healthy/unhealthy some of the food I eat (in good faith) actually is. Username is CommodoreDan

Dissimulation

| 5,671 posts

9th Mar 2010 at 1:29 am

Dissimulation -

My diet is pretty sh*te at the moment but today I have done an hour of football training, followed by a 7 mile run, a break for dinner and tv and now I've just banged out another 10k run in under an hour. I'm stiffer than a peado in a wacky warehouse now, but am happier for it. Tomorrow night I've an hour game of six-a-side (no breaks or any of that b*ll*cks) and then it'll be straight into another 5/6 mile jog to cool down. To top it off, my official weight loss now stands at 80 lbs. Skin around my stomach is still a bit sh*t (although not as bad) but happy times!

Dissimulation

| 5,671 posts

13th Mar 2010 at 2:39 am

Dissimulation -

I've lost about 40lb's myself

Loosing 3 stone is an inspiration as well, though! Are you still wanting to lose more weight, or are you happy where you are now?

Quote: Lisbeth Salander, Mar 2010
Ran 4k in 19:42, which I was quite pleased with. Then did a warm down, etc.

Cycled 20 minutes (I am convinced the meter is wrong as cycling for 20 minutes only put me at 2.75k which is very disappointing as I wasn't THAT slow.

Did a bit of abs work.

Then ran another 3.5k.

Sounds like you could run that 10k already, Alice! Well done!

Also, do all you guys do your running on the tread mill? Or do you prefer running outside the gym?

Dinglebutt

| 11,949 posts

23rd Mar 2010 at 10:54 am

I aim to misbehave

Want to get my leg sorted once and for all. Going to leave a bit of time at the end of each gym session to do the stretches the physio gave me, even if I feel like a jackass lying on a mat spreading my legs

Dinglebutt

| 11,949 posts

23rd Mar 2010 at 11:11 am

I aim to misbehave

Quote: Paddy Irishman, Mar 2010
Want to get my leg sorted once and for all. Going to leave a bit of time at the end of each gym session to do the stretches the physio gave me, even if I feel like a jackass lying on a mat spreading my legs

What did they say was up with it?

I've to go back to the doctor for a referral to the hospital for my arm Extensive nerve damage, too. And apparently it shouldn't really, really hurt when you hold a phone up to your ear for more than 1 minute. I thought it was just cramp/ tiredness

Muscle imbalance in my right leg/left a*s cheek muscle (can't remember the proper name). Basically, since I spent about a year and a half limping on and off, I have a muscle imbalance. I presumed it was in my right leg, but he said most of the imbalance is in my lower back/a*s cheek muscle on the left side, because its connected to my right leg. He said I'd be fine, just need to do some stretches he showed me for a while and I should be grand in a few weeks

Unfortunately, less than a week later, things got mad busy at work and I wasn't even going to the gym let alone doing fancy stretches, so I never thought of them again. Until I watched Eddie Izzard run 43 f*cking marathons in 50 days. Now I want to run a marathon. Not this year, but possibly next year. Not only that, but I also want to go for walks or just go out running every now and again. Thats when my leg hurts though. Cycling and stuff is fine, but even just walking too much can hurt like a Johnny Cash cover

Dinglebutt

| 11,949 posts

23rd Mar 2010 at 11:18 am

I aim to misbehave

Eddie Izzard was f*cking amazing.

Maybe we should all do a marathon. Well, train to do one at least

Well you seem well ahead of the curve on that one, all the great running you've been doing

If I look at a treadmill I get a pain in my leg. Although thats mostly because there was a treadmill right outside my bedroom door for almost 2 years which I regularly banged into

Dinglebutt

| 11,949 posts

23rd Mar 2010 at 11:19 am

I aim to misbehave

Cycled 20 minutes (I am convinced the meter is wrong as cycling for 20 minutes only put me at 2.75k which is very disappointing as I wasn't THAT slow.

Also, yeah, that doesn't sound right. I usually do 5k in just over 10 minutes and thats as a warm-down exercise

Dinglebutt

| 11,949 posts

23rd Mar 2010 at 2:49 pm

I aim to misbehave

Barrington SMASH, did the Physio suggest any any excersises or was it all stretches?

Just stretches. I was trying to find a link to the stretches so I could make sure I was doing it right but can't.

Stretch 1 is where I lie on my side, back straight, knees out at 45degrees and bring my heels in line with my back. Then I raise my knee keeping my heels together.

Stretch 2 is basically where I'm standing on one leg with the other leg in front outstretched, then do one-legged squats

Shoulders and back today, followed by 35 minutes on the cross trainer after work and a cheeky sauna. Not weighed myself in nearly a month but reckon I'm under 12.5 now and girl reckoned I was at most, 23 years old last week

Nice going fellar!

Chris Kamara

| 24,049 posts

23rd Mar 2010 at 8:56 pm

Chris Kamara -

I'm still training most days. Everything is improving on an admittedly slow basis. Every gym session seems to turn into personal training for someone else, however. But if people can't ask advice at the gym then something is wrong.

Need to work on my back a bit more, but I need to take the plunge and face the fact I'll probably have to take on board a bit of fat if I want to widen the lats.

Chris Kamara

| 24,049 posts

23rd Mar 2010 at 8:59 pm

Chris Kamara -

Actually, not posted a progress picture in er.. a year or so. So here is one. Plenty to do but it's a piece of p*ss to maintain so motivation isn't as high as it was.

Crap quality, soz.

Chris Kamara

| 24,049 posts

23rd Mar 2010 at 9:10 pm

Chris Kamara -

Evra is fit.

Bodyfat, unsure. I was 5% at one point last year but even I couldn't maintain that. I'd say 7 or 8% but I'd have to check to be sure.

I could lose the last tiny bit of fat but I can't be arsed to be honest. I might do before I go on holiday but it's pointless really. Happy enough as things are but if I wanted to add more muscle that option is always there.

Food wise I mainly eat boring stuff but I 'get through it' with the odd treat every couple of weeks.

Just want to save up to get fitness instructor qualifications and then I can work in a gym some evenings.

Chris Kamara

| 24,049 posts

23rd Mar 2010 at 9:16 pm

Chris Kamara -

Aye I can understand that. I'm trying to cut way back on the drink because I have way too much. I swapped cider and beer for vodka and diet coke for a while, which was nifty for the lack of calories but ended up just being a drink for the sake of it. I'm trying to just use alcohol as one of my rare treats but my will power is not great with that.

Nutella on toast every morning for breakfast keeps a lot of cravings at bay, I've found

Vel: *sigh*
Emma: Hi VR...
Princess Psycho: Hi I am back in the UK so how are everyone been keeping. Has Fluffy had that little accident yet?
Claire: SHOUTBOX OF VRRRRRR
Rayanne Graff: Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
Lucozade Lover: Happy New Year!
Crinkle-Cut Beatroot: Happy new year <3
Claire: BOXSHOUT
Rayanne Graff: Happy Easter.
Emma: So… Posting a new thread is Fission Mailing… so I’m putting this here.
Emma: I know there aren’t many people looking at this anymore… but I have made the decision to stop paying for the VR hosting and to let the domain lapse.
Emma: I think it will be going offline around the end of May
Emma: It’s been almost 10 years since James passed away… and I feel like it’s time.
Emma: A lot of the regulars can be found on the VR veterans group on Facebook - if you see this and you’re not in there, come join us.
Crinkle-Cut Beatroot: What's the facebook group called? I couldn't find it...
Πανδώρα: MUHAHAHAHAHA!
IGH: And so it ends
Captain Spiky: I've just been loving life, going through the photos in the Meets gallery. so many awesome people that I loved hanging out with

Page: