Goodbye Old Life!

Posted In: Rants. Reading This Thread:

Albert Johanneson

| 14,477 posts

25th May 2009 at 1:26 pm

Albert Johanneson - Outside-left

Outside-left

Quote: Paddy_Irishman
I know its 'not just for vegetarians', but its primarily for vegetarians, so no thanks. Friend of mine is a vegan and I've made a solemn vow to ensure that just as many, if not more, animals die than if he did eat meat.

Kill stray dogs instead. Dilemma solved.

Dinglebutt

| 11,949 posts

25th May 2009 at 1:42 pm

Dinglebutt - I aim to misbehave

I aim to misbehave

Sorry, but nothing will ever put me off chicken. Even the whole egg=chicken period thing didn't put me off eggs or chicken. I refused a job in a chicken factory because I feared it would put me off chicken.
Mal: Appears we got here just in the nick of time. What does that make us?
Zoë: Big damn heroes, sir.
Mal: Ain't we just.

Dinglebutt

| 11,949 posts

25th May 2009 at 1:49 pm

I aim to misbehave

I'm actually not even sure we have Quorn over here. Although I'm rarely in supermarkets so wouldn't know

Dinglebutt

| 11,949 posts

27th May 2009 at 9:52 am

I aim to misbehave

I have a dentist, just haven't been in ages. Its just fillings I want, she said I didn't really need braces. I'll ring tomorrow but it'll probably be about 3 weeks before I actually get an appointment

Dinglebutt

| 11,949 posts

27th May 2009 at 10:02 am

I aim to misbehave

Who actually wants to be a dentist though? Who grows up thinking "Y'know what I'd really love to do for the rest of my life.... teeth! Think about it...."

Thats why I hate dentists. Admittedly, the drilling and poking and numbing one half of your face then making you rinse your mouth out with some pink liquid and spit it out even though the numbness makes you look like Stephen Hawking with a strawberry milkshake in his mouth is another reason why I hate dentists. But you just look at them and think "You weren't smart enough to be a real doctor, were you?"

I hate dentists.

wombat

| 8,154 posts

27th May 2009 at 10:38 am

wombat - Technically sexy.

Technically sexy.

actually, to be a dentist you need the same qualifications as you do to become a doctor, and the first year of study is the same as for a doctor.

A lot of people say that dentists are failed doctors, but if you failed to get into med school, you will almost certainly fail to get into dentistry.
Southern hemispherical rat boy

Colin

| 10,038 posts

28th May 2009 at 8:58 am

Colin -

Odd looks are la raison d'être. Go for it.
And dentists are brilliant.
http://www.myspace.com/papertruth
[http://www.vegetablerevolution.co.uk/resources/uploads/gerrard.jpg]

Dinglebutt

| 11,949 posts

28th May 2009 at 4:24 pm

I aim to misbehave

Couldn't go to the gym this morning as planned as my leg felt weird, like it was going to cramp. The same feeling that forced me off the treadmill on tuesday. So instead I'm going to go tomorrow morning.

As for food, folks are away on Sunday so I get the chance to cook something other than scrambled eggs or omelettes. Just have to decide what. Also, mother realised I was kinda dieting and stuff so she bought wholegrain rice, microwave porridge for breakfast (I said I didn't want porridge cos I wouldn't have time to make it in the mornings, didn't know there was microwave porridge) and apart from a few on saturday night, no Lucozade in a week. I did however read the ingredients and nutritional info on the back of an empty bottle in my room. Did you guys know that that stuff may cause DEATH. I don't actually think I ever read those before. So very unhealthy.

All in all, a good day.

Rayanne Graff

| 76,001 posts

28th May 2009 at 4:27 pm

Rayanne Graff - River Phoenix

River Phoenix

Quote: thelostdude
Odd looks are la raison d'être. Go for it.
And dentists are brilliant.

Dentists scare me. i prefer dentists to doctors, though.
*[http://www.vegetablerevolution.co.uk/uploads/549604.jpg]*

Dinglebutt

| 11,949 posts

7th Jun 2009 at 8:13 pm

I aim to misbehave

On the cookery side, helped my mate make a pizza yesterday. Wasn't too bad. Might try and make one myself next weekend. Probably do a few things differently than he did, but looks easy enough. I'd love to be able to make my own pizzas. This'll be fantastic.

Dinglebutt

| 11,949 posts

12th Jun 2009 at 7:57 pm

I aim to misbehave

Small update:

Gym - Diet and exercise going ok. Hopefully buy a bike tomorrow. Was going to buy a set of dumbells on my way home from work but still trying to decide whether or not I need them. I worry I might end up taking on too much than I should.

Cooking - Going to pick up the ingredients for the pizza tomorrow too. Got a recipe from another site which is similar to how my mate did it but elabourated and gave further tips.

Dentist - Ok, still haven't booked anything yet, but will this week. Maybe. Hopefully.

Dinglebutt

| 11,949 posts

13th Jun 2009 at 7:46 pm

I aim to misbehave

Quote: Paddy_Irishman
Cooking - Going to pick up the ingredients for the pizza tomorrow too. Got a recipe from another site which is similar to how my mate did it but elabourated and gave further tips.

[http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v357/paddyirishman85/13062009106.jpg]

Boo ya!

Messed up slightly. Bit too much garlic for my liking and didn't pre-heat the oven enough so the toppings got a bit overdone. And rolling the dough was pretty hard and it ended up like a square. But overall, it was pretty tasty. Chorizo, ham and chicken pizza á la me!

Dinglebutt

| 11,949 posts

13th Jun 2009 at 7:57 pm

I aim to misbehave

Cheers

Learnt a few lessons for next time, so I'm already looking forward to that one.

Delirium Tremens

| 1,875 posts

4th Sept 2009 at 10:35 am

Delirium Tremens -

How's the progress, Lynch?

Dinglebutt

| 11,949 posts

4th Sept 2009 at 10:51 am

I aim to misbehave

Oh yeah, forgot about this.

Lost about a stone so far. Possibly a bit behind where I should be but any weightloss is good weight loss.

Cooking is going well, getting loads of confidence and even experimenting a bit. Aim is to cook something new every 2 weeks. Started eating foods I never used to, or never ate regularly.

Girlwise, still single, but getting more confident. Tried chatting up a girl a few weeks ago, and even though I didn't get anywhere, it was good. I wasn't nervous, I initiated conversation, I even impressed myself. Getting confidence in myself elsewhere too, like going to see Kevin Smith on my own which is something I'd never normally do.

Dentist, ok, still haven't gone, but planning to soon.

Think thats pretty much it then. Still living at home, but job isn't secure enough for me to move out. Hate the job as well. Well, hate is probably a strong word, but I'm not happy in it and I'm going to start looking for something elsewhere. I'll stay here in the meantime while I look though. If we went down to a 3 day week here it wouldn't be worth my while staying here financially, due to the money I spend on petrol.

All in all, I'm in a better place than I was a few months ago, even though I'm physically in the same place.

Delirium Tremens

| 1,875 posts

4th Sept 2009 at 10:59 am

Delirium Tremens -

Awesome, boss. Keep it up. I want you down another stone by the end of October.*

*not for any elicit purpose. As far as you know

Dinglebutt

| 11,949 posts

4th Sept 2009 at 11:03 am

I aim to misbehave

That one might be trickier due to sisters wedding at end of October. But my plan is to be another stone lighter before that, and allow for slight weight gain on account of wedding

I'll be 13 stone by next May even if I have to cut off a limb with a butter knife.

Delirium Tremens

| 1,875 posts

4th Sept 2009 at 11:06 am

Delirium Tremens -

Quote: Paddy Irishman, Sept 2009

I'll be 13 stone by next May even if I have to cut off a limb with a butter knife.

No, mate. That At Any Cost attitude has hurt people in the past. Think about how insane what you're saying is.

Use a steak knife.

Dinglebutt

| 11,949 posts

4th Sept 2009 at 11:52 am

I aim to misbehave

Quote: James, Sept 2009

No, mate. That At Any Cost attitude has hurt people in the past. Think about how insane what you're saying is.

Use a steak knife.

No no no. Butter knife would take more effort, thereby working up more of a sweat and using more energy. What better way to lose weight? Or should I say, What 'butter' way! HAHAH POTATO ROFLLES!

Dinglebutt

| 11,949 posts

4th Sept 2009 at 6:39 pm

I aim to misbehave

Quote: lauf of bread, Sept 2009

Cooking is going well, getting loads of confidence and even experimenting a bit. Aim is to cook something new every 2 weeks. Started eating foods I never used to, or never ate regularly.

Have you mastered the meatini yet?

[http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3358/3659887533_6d00c78746.jpg]

My God.... Its like the Holy Grail...

Really, if Jesus had a cup, it would be made of bacon

Dinglebutt

| 11,949 posts

6th Sept 2009 at 12:21 pm

I aim to misbehave

I haven't been trying to lose the weight too quickly, aiming for 1-2 pounds a week. The past 2 weeks, I thought were disasterous. Only got to the gym about twice a week, and ate loads of sh*te food.

Got to the gym this morning and weighed myself for the first time in about 3 weeks. I've lost another 3 pounds

Πανδώρα: Beefy cheesemas to all, and to all a gravy brie
Rayanne Graff: Happy Easter.
IGH: Just who was The Brigadier
ratammer: squeak
IGH: Wibble
Vel: *sigh*
Emma: Hi VR...
Princess Psycho: Hi I am back in the UK so how are everyone been keeping. Has Fluffy had that little accident yet?
Claire: SHOUTBOX OF VRRRRRR
Rayanne Graff: Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
Lucozade Lover: Happy New Year!
Crinkle-Cut Beatroot: Happy new year <3
Claire: BOXSHOUT
Rayanne Graff: Happy Easter.
Emma: So… Posting a new thread is Fission Mailing… so I’m putting this here.
Emma: I know there aren’t many people looking at this anymore… but I have made the decision to stop paying for the VR hosting and to let the domain lapse.
Emma: I think it will be going offline around the end of May
Emma: It’s been almost 10 years since James passed away… and I feel like it’s time.
Emma: A lot of the regulars can be found on the VR veterans group on Facebook - if you see this and you’re not in there, come join us.

Page: