Things that really grind your gears.

Posted In: Rants. Reading This Thread:

Dissimulation

| 5,671 posts

20th Apr 2009 at 11:24 pm

Dissimulation -

The Derek Trucks Band playing at the O2 (Shepherd`s Bush) on wednesday - the day I have my medical for the Navy.

Dinglebutt

| 11,949 posts

21st Apr 2009 at 8:27 am

Dinglebutt - I aim to misbehave

I aim to misbehave

rarely see anyone from my fathers side. Most of my mothers side of the family live relatively close   . Although we barely ever talk to one of my mothers brothers and his family as his wife made some snide comments after my other aunt miscarried twins, then several years later there was a dispute with them over some land that my other uncle wanted to build on but they wouldn't sign their part over to him even though the rest of my uncles and aunts did. Maybe this is too much information for teh internetz.

Edited by Dinglebutt Apr 2009
Mal: Appears we got here just in the nick of time. What does that make us?
Zoë: Big damn heroes, sir.
Mal: Ain't we just.

Tobias Fünke

| 4,730 posts

21st Apr 2009 at 11:50 am

Tobias Fünke  - I blue myself.

I blue myself.

Quote: biggaginge
Quote: Lemony_Zester
My family are so detached from each other. I have 6 cousins. I haven't spoken to 1 since he moved to New Zealand (3 years ago). I haven't spoken to the other 2 on that side since Grandad's death (2003), and I haven't seen the other 3 since Grandma died (1997) and my auntie ran off with my dad's share of her will...

Is this unusual? Do other people speak to their relatives?

I speak to most of my relatives (and at last count I had around 50 1st cousins) in fact I knock about with a couple of them at the football and see me Grandma every Sunday (work or football permitting).

Bloody Mick.
Analrapist.

Albert Johanneson

| 14,477 posts

21st Apr 2009 at 12:50 pm

Albert Johanneson - Outside-left

Outside-left

Quote: Look_Dad_No_Tunes
My family are so detached from each other. I have 6 cousins. I haven't spoken to 1 since he moved to New Zealand (3 years ago). I haven't spoken to the other 2 on that side since Grandad's death (2003), and I haven't seen the other 3 since Grandma died (1997) and my auntie ran off with my dad's share of her will...

I speak to most of my relatives (and at last count I had around 50 1st cousins) in fact I knock about with a couple of them at the football and see me Grandma every Sunday (work or football permitting).

Bloody Mick.

I prefer being called a "spud muncher"  

Will 'potato digging b*st*rd' do?

wombat

| 8,154 posts

21st Apr 2009 at 1:26 pm

wombat - Technically sexy.

Technically sexy.

I am not sure if this makes me angry, or just despair, but as it is time for essays to be handed in, I was - last night- tidying it up before submitting it this morning. you know, reducing the wordcournt, proof reading it a few times etc.

I chatted, however, to no less than three people on my course on FB chat, questioning them idly, and for my own self assurance whether they had included an argument that I considered irrelevant to the question (for anyone who is interested- which is none of you- it was equitable mortgages)

All three told me that they hadn't finished writing it yet. 2 of them only started that day.

Who the hell does that? I was freaking out that I hadn't got my first draft done a week before the hand in date. These people are in university, for God's sake- who STARTS WRITING a piece of coursework worth 50% the day before its handed in? Especially given that we have just had 4 weeks off to work on them. I managed to get them all done early and I had 10 days in America and the combined total of 10,000 words to write.

One of them even asked me if 'three things in the bibliography was okay'. No of course its f*cking not.

We are in a top 10 university for Christ's sake- how does this happen?
Southern hemispherical rat boy

Rayanne Graff

| 76,001 posts

21st Apr 2009 at 1:59 pm

Rayanne Graff - River Phoenix

River Phoenix

i speak to some of my relatives but not many of them.

i haven't spoken to my sister since 2007 and i'm kind of glad as i've had it with her. i sometimes speak to my maternal aunt and my father. i'm too shy to speak to my three cousins (my aunt's three children) but my aunt passes on anything about me to them. i always exchange Christmas cards with my aunt, father and my cousins.

i don't talk to my father's side of my family, although i have nothing against them. i think the last time i saw my paternal uncle was in 1996.
*[http://www.vegetablerevolution.co.uk/uploads/549604.jpg]*

Mancomb Seepgood

| 3,455 posts

21st Apr 2009 at 2:09 pm

Mancomb Seepgood - Grog me.

Grog me.

The children are taking it all. And using it to have fun.
If I could get an orange that was as low-maintenance as an apple, I'd be a happy man

Rayanne Graff

| 76,001 posts

21st Apr 2009 at 2:12 pm

River Phoenix

What children? Huh, bad time stealing children.

wombat

| 8,154 posts

21st Apr 2009 at 2:22 pm

wombat - Technically sexy.

Technically sexy.

... I didn't consider people may have their own reasons for not doing them sooner, other than simply not wanting to.

Southern hemispherical rat boy

Rayanne Graff

| 76,001 posts

21st Apr 2009 at 2:29 pm

River Phoenix

Quote: mancombseepgood
The children are taking it all.  And using it to have fun.

b*st*rds. At least they've taken the sun too. I don't want any good weather until May 23rd. So I can concentrate and stuff.

i kind of like bad weather. Coldness makes me have a stronger sense of regional identity or something.

Albert Johanneson

| 14,477 posts

21st Apr 2009 at 7:24 pm

Outside-left

Quote: lmc
Leeds city centre Morrisons.

I've probably said this before, but that place is a cesspit.
It was bad enough in the first year, but now they've actually added in aisles so they're smaller and harder to get down.
And all the people who work there are morons.

But remember one thing. If that goes, Fab Cafe goes.

Albert Johanneson

| 14,477 posts

21st Apr 2009 at 8:09 pm

Outside-left

You should have seen some of the places out in Lloret. One of the floors was so sticky that it took my flip flop clean off my foot.

Mancomb Seepgood

| 3,455 posts

21st Apr 2009 at 8:31 pm

Mancomb Seepgood - Grog me.

Grog me.

Quote: scarlet
People who say that they can't lose wight by dieting (that's EATING LESS, folks!) then get a gastric band so that they can lose weight. By EATING LESS.

It's not really though. It's eating to a certain code.
If I could get an orange that was as low-maintenance as an apple, I'd be a happy man

Πανδώρα

| 15,328 posts

21st Apr 2009 at 8:34 pm

Πανδώρα -

tired...

also i'll eat when i want to, just because i'm being quiet and don't want to eat anything doesn;t mean you can come saying "what's wrong?"

there's nothing wrong. i am simply not hungry. i do not want a hot dog, i do not want chips. i do not want chicken nuggets and FFS i just said i didn;t want anything, no i will NOT eat the doughnut out of the fridge.

well, actually there's planety wrong.
i f*cked my sleep pattern up that much last month that in the past two days i;ve had about 5 hours sleep.
i HATE my new modules, i still don;t know what my actual time table is, i can't concentrate to get my outstanding biology assignments done, i'm being had a go at because i still don;t have a work placement - I CAN'T F*CKING FIND ONE. i was not going into college to do work over the holidays, becasue generally there was time set out to do a block week, but we weren't alowed in, we had to come in our easter break to do it - therefore no transport help.
and sorry, but i was not walking for two hours there & two hours back along roads that don;t have foot paths, wearing steel toe capped boots to do sh*t jobs, that we can;t even do right because you have such sh*t equipment.

so yeah. nothings wrong. leave me alone.

ugh.
sick of life again.
*burp*

Albert Johanneson

| 14,477 posts

21st Apr 2009 at 9:31 pm

Outside-left

Quote: Enigmatic_Shrew
Quote: Squirrell_of_Doom
Quote: lmc
Leeds city centre Morrisons.

I've probably said this before, but that place is a cesspit.
It was bad enough in the first year, but now they've actually added in aisles so they're smaller and harder to get down.
And all the people who work there are morons.

But remember one thing.  If that goes, Fab Cafe goes.  

I've been in there, f*cking disgusting.

I'm terrible at writing essays.

Fab or Morrisons?

learrggh

| 5,670 posts

21st Apr 2009 at 10:16 pm

learrggh -

I have a really bad cough, and a sore throat, since Friday. No congestion or anything, just that, and now my stomach hurts from coughing so much.

Albi The Racist Dragon

| 7,432 posts

21st Apr 2009 at 10:26 pm

You seen the Gay Fish South Park ep? I have just realised that the thing Cartman does, where he genuinely believes a situation happens the way he imagines it because his ego's so out of wack with everyone else, is actually going on...

That wasn't a great sentence was it
[http://card.mygamercard.net/gbar/joelsaysyeah.gif]

[http://www.vegetablerevolution.co.uk/uploads/698876.jpg]

learrggh

| 5,670 posts

21st Apr 2009 at 11:46 pm

learrggh -

Metoometoo. Had them since I was 8.

learrggh

| 5,670 posts

22nd Apr 2009 at 1:10 am

learrggh -

Still, you'll tone it up

And now I am exercising my sniffing muscles; a particularly violent cough seems to have triggered a mucous avalanche and I have gone from snot-free to unable-to-breathe-through-my-nose in less than 15 minutes.

Rayanne Graff

| 76,001 posts

22nd Apr 2009 at 2:29 am

River Phoenix

i think i have them as well and have had them since 2008.

Πανδώρα

| 15,328 posts

22nd Apr 2009 at 9:05 am

Πανδώρα -

niiiiice big one in my right eye
plus others, but this one's the one i can definately find, so long asi;ve something light to look at.

always fun.

anyway, my sister's opened my mail ¬_¬
ialso have to move an get dressed but i can't be f*ckd

ah. and msn isn;t working and it's decided to lose all of my saved usernames. woooooo.
*burp*

Colin

| 10,038 posts

22nd Apr 2009 at 10:11 am

Colin -

Owww, wake-aches are back.

...which makes me think it might be to do with this bed. Owww.
http://www.myspace.com/papertruth
[http://www.vegetablerevolution.co.uk/resources/uploads/gerrard.jpg]

Colin

| 10,038 posts

22nd Apr 2009 at 11:29 am

Colin -

I've experienced them for ages, but don't remember any recently. Isn't it just an Everyone thing?
http://www.myspace.com/papertruth
[http://www.vegetablerevolution.co.uk/resources/uploads/gerrard.jpg]

Rayanne Graff

| 76,001 posts

22nd Apr 2009 at 11:29 am

River Phoenix

i've had them since about April 2008, i think. i did think that maybe wearing nail varnish and then rubbing my eyes was what gave me them, so i stopped wearing it for a while but it didn't seem to make any difference.

Dinglebutt

| 11,949 posts

22nd Apr 2009 at 11:31 am

Dinglebutt - I aim to misbehave

I aim to misbehave

I've gotten them a few times, but never for an extended period of time.
Mal: Appears we got here just in the nick of time. What does that make us?
Zoë: Big damn heroes, sir.
Mal: Ain't we just.

Πανδώρα: Beefy cheesemas to all, and to all a gravy brie
Rayanne Graff: Happy Easter.
IGH: Just who was The Brigadier
ratammer: squeak
IGH: Wibble
Vel: *sigh*
Emma: Hi VR...
Princess Psycho: Hi I am back in the UK so how are everyone been keeping. Has Fluffy had that little accident yet?
Claire: SHOUTBOX OF VRRRRRR
Rayanne Graff: Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
Lucozade Lover: Happy New Year!
Crinkle-Cut Beatroot: Happy new year <3
Claire: BOXSHOUT
Rayanne Graff: Happy Easter.
Emma: So… Posting a new thread is Fission Mailing… so I’m putting this here.
Emma: I know there aren’t many people looking at this anymore… but I have made the decision to stop paying for the VR hosting and to let the domain lapse.
Emma: I think it will be going offline around the end of May
Emma: It’s been almost 10 years since James passed away… and I feel like it’s time.
Emma: A lot of the regulars can be found on the VR veterans group on Facebook - if you see this and you’re not in there, come join us.

Page: