Things that keep getting your f*cking goat

Posted In: Rants. Reading This Thread:

Chris Kamara

| 24,049 posts

27th Feb 2008 at 7:05 pm

Chris Kamara -

Quote: Enigmatic_Shrew
That's not an event! How is that an event? f*ck you!

Ah dear. I understand.

Colin

| 10,038 posts

27th Feb 2008 at 7:19 pm

Colin -

Quote: SHADOW_FIGHTER
Quote: fsc
My English teacher lied to me.

How?

Said my essay on Nineteen Eighty-Four was a Higher pass, easily.

I re-wrote the exact same essay under exam conditions, word for word in places, and added more to it.
It failed.
Twice.

I pulled her up about it, thought it was my fault the first time, like.

She said she never said that and I was never going to pass with an essay like that. Said I misinterpreted what she said. Don't see how I misinterpreted "you're going to pass with this" but whatever.
So I'm a bit p*ssed off.

http://www.myspace.com/papertruth
[http://www.vegetablerevolution.co.uk/resources/uploads/gerrard.jpg]

wombat

| 8,154 posts

27th Feb 2008 at 7:32 pm

wombat - Technically sexy.

Technically sexy.

That feeling you get when that girl you totally know had a thing for you goes and gets a boyfriend, even though you can't feel bad because you have a girlfriend already and you weren't even that bothered about her but it was nice to have the attention and dreams of 'I could totally hit that'.

know what I mean?
Southern hemispherical rat boy

Albert Johanneson

| 14,477 posts

27th Feb 2008 at 11:23 pm

Albert Johanneson - Outside-left

Outside-left

waking up at 1030pm with a hangover

Albert Johanneson

| 14,477 posts

28th Feb 2008 at 12:10 am

Outside-left

Quote: Wierd_Welshgirl
backhanded compliments.
or at least, I think that was what I just got.

The house I saw, liked, and which contained people who were really nice and I spent hours chatting with also contains a problem.

idiocy.

They've said that they're going to keep looking for someone to take the room, and the reason is that I'm a girl and not a hideous ugly one.

That's right, one of the guys thinks that his girlfriend might not like him living with me.
What IS that?!
She lives there and I didn't get to meet her as she was out, but I mean really?!
That's ridiculous.

She's obviously a delightful and stable lady...

sh*t for you though

Albert Johanneson

| 14,477 posts

28th Feb 2008 at 12:38 am

Outside-left

Quote: Wierd_Welshgirl
I know, why is it so hard to find a nice room in a house that's not a rip off in the area I want where the people in it aren't pathologically odd though?!

and this is coming from me who gets along with most people!

also, why why why do they put double beds in rooms when there's not even adequate space for a single?!

on the times i've met you, you've seemed likeable and agreeable, so it's hard to imagine you instantly being a source of hate

and the bed thing does my head in. if you shoehorn a double bed into a single space, what the hell else can you fit in?? my room in this house is tiny, so i've made do with a single bed so i can have most of my things there (there's a double in the quite large spare room)

Colin

| 10,038 posts

28th Feb 2008 at 10:39 am

Colin -

Quote: the_doc
Something of a perennial one, this, but it does my f*cking head in that no one seems to want to employ me  

I'd employ you. There's also that position Darren posted about in Cheerup Extreme!.

Colin

| 10,038 posts

28th Feb 2008 at 10:54 am

Colin -

Why have VRers not started a business together yet?
If anyone can help me design my idea of The Mood Bra, we'll take the world by storm.

Elusive Moose

| 8,546 posts

28th Feb 2008 at 11:19 am

Elusive Moose - Get your Antlers on

Get your Antlers on

Why will Squirrel mail not work? On the day of/ before finding out exam/essay results as well. Grrr.

If you start a business, can you PLEASE invent (or at least sell) a better form of university communication/e-mails to Cardiff, but Squirrel is perhaps the most unreliable, frustrating thing in the world. Or at least the Internet world anyway.

On a similar topic, essay results. I dreamt that I got 80% on an essay I know I fecked up last night, which means I right royally screwed it up as I always seem to have reverse premonitions in dreams (ie if I do well in my dream, I'll have done badly and if I fail then I'll have done well), which is just cruel on my subconscious's behalf as I wake up like YEAH, GO ME, then think... wait... that corridor wasn't the English corridor exactly... And there's no way I got that mark for that module... and... oh balls..!
"You can't roast infants. You just don't get away with it."- a life lesson for us all.

Wife of  Phil the Lawful Hippo. Imagine the children!

The Disneyafied Adventures of Me

Elusive Moose

| 8,546 posts

28th Feb 2008 at 11:54 am

Get your Antlers on

Quote: TheUnitedTruth
Yeah so...being as I got fired today...anyone want to employ me?

I hate the way they went about it it was so f*cking sh*t. Yesterday at 5.20 (finishing time is 5.30) they called me in for a meeting and gave me this letter requesting me to attend a "Performance Review" at 9am this morning to "discuss their concerns" and how I should be aware "a possible outcome of this meeting may be the termination of your employment"

And the letter also said right this is what REALLY p*ssed me off, that I could take a work colleague or trade union official to this meeting. IF I let them know of the attendee in ADVANCE. 5.20.. i got the letter...how was i meant to sort someone to go with in that time for a 9am meeting the next f*cking day? And they know full well I would never get my mate who got me the job to go with cos that would be compromising her status. And this is really really sh*t cos now she has all of my work aswell as all of her work cos they ain't got anyone else to do it.

I feel really bad cos now they're gonna hate my friend for this and they were all "you're such a nice person Amy, and your heart is in the right place and we know you care about the work and try your best but it just isn't working out"

So I sent my "Bye" e-mail (though not to the people who fired me) and that was that. I feel so awful though that my mate is now lumbered with loads of work

Though the last guy this happened to they just told him at 5pm on Friday not to bother coming back the next week, so on the plus side at least I didn't have to work all day today.

That's utterly sh*t. Surely they're supposed to give warnings before that? Hope you find a job somewhere that's not so heartless/tw*ttish soon
"You can't roast infants. You just don't get away with it."- a life lesson for us all.

Colin

| 10,038 posts

28th Feb 2008 at 1:45 pm

Colin -

Mood bra?

Explanation please!

Well, firstly, what are Mood Rings made out of?
Secondly, can we make a bra out of it?

Freshly Squeezed Cynic

| 6,189 posts

28th Feb 2008 at 1:53 pm

Freshly Squeezed Cynic - apparently the big pink bastard is me

apparently the big pink bastard is me

Liquid crystal, or something else with thermochromic properties; esters of cholestorol and various acids, apparently. It's the same stuff that's in Liquid Crystal Displays.

I doubt it'd be very supportive, though.

Colin

| 10,038 posts

28th Feb 2008 at 2:01 pm

Colin -

I had a breakfast in hope to stop my dizziness. Every time I try this, my body, especially throat, feels nasty for the rest of the day. Oww.
I've tried everything, from cereals to... toast. And all inbetween (0).

Elusive Moose

| 8,546 posts

28th Feb 2008 at 4:58 pm

Get your Antlers on

Quote: Lemony_Zester
Try soup?

Or porridge if you want a breakfasty thing? Or really milky/mashed up weetabix?

wombat

| 8,154 posts

28th Feb 2008 at 6:29 pm

Technically sexy.

Quote: thelostdude
Mood bra?

Explanation please!

Well, firstly, what are Mood Rings made out of?
Secondly, can we make a bra out of it?

Right. you market that along with my two ideas.

UV tatoos- ones that only show up under uv lights- i.e. They are visible in clubs, but not when you are at work.

SECONDLY

An alarm clock that makes you solve a puzzle before you can switch it off.

you dig?

wombat

| 8,154 posts

28th Feb 2008 at 6:34 pm

Technically sexy.

secondly- this little exchange to my seminar group about feedback on our coursework (I got a First by the way )

Tutor: Okay, you are university students now, and a lot of you dropped marks because you didn't proof read your essays. I mean, really. You should have no excuse for doing that, I know 11 year olds who can read their work before they hand it in- it's not exactly hard (etc.)

me: Don't you think thats pretty rich considering the problem question YOU set us had a huge glaring error right in the middle of it? (the 'record' that this guy was supposed to be selling somehow turned into a book by the end of the question)

Tutor: That doesn't matter, we already have the qualifications. You don't.

wombat

| 8,154 posts

28th Feb 2008 at 6:35 pm

Technically sexy.

Quote: scarlet
there's already an alarm clock that pings 4 puzzle pieces across the room, and you have to find them and put them together on the top of the clock before it turns off.

sorry Mark :-[

ARGH!

they stole my idea... and to throw everyone off the scent they came up with it BEFORE I'D EVEN THOUGHT OF IT.

cunning.

Freshly Squeezed Cynic

| 6,189 posts

28th Feb 2008 at 7:03 pm

Freshly Squeezed Cynic - apparently the big pink bastard is me

apparently the big pink bastard is me

Newly elected Rector Charlie Kennedy and his coterie of rich Tory w*nkers from the GUU handing out leaflets just because they don't want the SCARY SCOTS NATIONALIST or the SCARY GREEN POOF or the SCARY MUSLIM to win.

One of them handed me a leaflet, i noticed it said "INDEPENDENT" in big letters on it. The following conversation ensued.

"Sorry pal, the former leader of the Liberal Democrat Party is an independent candidate, is he?"
"Oh well, he's the only one not being supported by a political group."
"Oh aye, those political groups are Scaaaaaary and teeeerrrrifying, aren't they?"
"No, what I mean is that he's endorsed by the two unions, and he doesn't have a political agenda."
"So the unions have no agenda, do they? They're completely value-neutral organisations?"
"Look, he's independant from the political parties and that."
"Aye, but that doesn't mean he doesn't have a political agenda, it just means he's not been endorsed by a political group on campus. He's runnin' for an elected position, I'd be surprised if he was just sittin' there wi' his d*ck out and not actually telling people what he'd plan to do in the office."
"Look, whatever, he doesn't have an agenda."
At which the guy begins to walk away, so I reply "Aye, of course. I have a principle. You have an interest. They have an agenda. Get tae f*ck."

A bit unreasonable of me, obviously, but I hate this f*cking misuse of language like "Independent" or "bipartisan" when it obviously means something like "We don't like what you like, so there, we are obviously better and above the fray of you partisan fools." F*ck that sh*t.

Πανδώρα

| 15,328 posts

28th Feb 2008 at 7:12 pm

Πανδώρα -

Quote: The_Educatedwombat

UV tatoos- ones that only show up under uv lights- i.e. They are visible in clubs, but not when you are at work.

so long as you only have the white ink put in there, these already exist too...
*burp*

wombat

| 8,154 posts

28th Feb 2008 at 7:21 pm

Technically sexy.

oh for...

F*CK YOU other people who think of things before I do.

Colin

| 10,038 posts

28th Feb 2008 at 7:30 pm

Colin -

"we don't care if you end up a lawyer,"

Wow, that's tolerance!

TinyShine

| 2,144 posts

28th Feb 2008 at 7:36 pm

TinyShine -

Page 150!

First to make a new ranting thread gets a... pat on the back

Sarah xx

IGH: Just who was The Brigadier
ratammer: squeak
IGH: Wibble
Vel: *sigh*
Emma: Hi VR...
Princess Psycho: Hi I am back in the UK so how are everyone been keeping. Has Fluffy had that little accident yet?
Claire: SHOUTBOX OF VRRRRRR
Rayanne Graff: Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
Lucozade Lover: Happy New Year!
Crinkle-Cut Beatroot: Happy new year <3
Claire: BOXSHOUT
Rayanne Graff: Happy Easter.
Emma: So… Posting a new thread is Fission Mailing… so I’m putting this here.
Emma: I know there aren’t many people looking at this anymore… but I have made the decision to stop paying for the VR hosting and to let the domain lapse.
Emma: I think it will be going offline around the end of May
Emma: It’s been almost 10 years since James passed away… and I feel like it’s time.
Emma: A lot of the regulars can be found on the VR veterans group on Facebook - if you see this and you’re not in there, come join us.
Crinkle-Cut Beatroot: What's the facebook group called? I couldn't find it...

Page: