VR News.. possibly?!

Posted In: News. Reading This Thread:

Albert Johanneson

| 14,477 posts

11th Apr 2007 at 9:16 pm

Albert Johanneson - Outside-left

Outside-left

Quote: Carlton

3. I never ceased to enjoy the holiday sunshine, even indoors before bed..

[http://www.vegetablerevolution.com/Resources/Photos/random_stuff/vr_pic_6.jpg]

Weddings ahoy and all that, but wahey we own the same toothbrush!

Chris Kamara

| 24,049 posts

11th Apr 2007 at 9:25 pm

Chris Kamara -

It's a great toothbrush, perfect for brushing teeth as well as occasionally for propping up the bedsheets when making a small fortress.

Mark Brogan

| 7,648 posts

11th Apr 2007 at 9:35 pm

It is totally gross sharing toothbrushes, I know, but that toothbrush also used to be MINE!

Chris Kamara

| 24,049 posts

11th Apr 2007 at 10:06 pm

Chris Kamara -

I'm wearing the sunglasses mainly just because I felt like being a bit of a tw*t, but as the old saying goes: "Martin's a tw*t", so it's fair enough.

TinyShine

| 2,144 posts

12th Apr 2007 at 10:21 am

TinyShine -

Quote: Nunga_Nungas
Wooooooooah in both of those photos Sarah looks so like my adopted flatmate it's unreal... I also love the top you're wearing in the first one! Such a beautiful city, got to love Barcelona, would be the perfect place to get engaged

I seem to have doubles all over the world! Everywhere I go people think they know me or say they know someone who looks just like me! So long as Martin doesn't think he sees me when it's actually someone else That could be embarrassing...

I love our pics

Sarah xx

JM

| 8,289 posts

12th Apr 2007 at 2:54 pm

I had to keep this a secret for far too long   WOOP! Congratulations Martin and Sarah.

Rainbow

| 1,219 posts

12th Apr 2007 at 3:52 pm

Is the avatar upload thing broken?

This is fantastic, I assume all of VR are invited to the big day.. It'll be the most amazing meetup ever. And stuff.

Additional congratulations to those already offered, and may the rest of your lives together be perfect.

Mark Brogan

| 7,648 posts

13th Apr 2007 at 11:37 am

Quote: Hurri
This is fantastic, I assume all of VR are invited to the big day.. It'll be the most amazing meetup ever. And stuff.

Additional congratulations to those already offered, and may the rest of your lives together be perfect.

I think a load of us turning up at the wedding would give them reason enough to cancel it.

Mark Brogan

| 7,648 posts

13th Apr 2007 at 1:01 pm

It'll be like the VR Bar, who wants to sign up as bouncers?

Chris Kamara

| 24,049 posts

13th Apr 2007 at 1:29 pm

Chris Kamara -

T'will be held in Ireland in about 12 months or so, we think. Perhaps 13 or 14 months, depending on bookings.

We'll probably have the wedding booked in about a months time. I'm quite looking forward to an Irish summer wedding. It should certainly keep me occupied anyway.

klinsmann18

| 10,181 posts

13th Apr 2007 at 1:38 pm

klinsmann18 - Matt.

Matt.

Quote: TinyShine
Quote: Nunga_Nungas
Wooooooooah in both of those photos Sarah looks so like my adopted flatmate it's unreal... I also love the top you're wearing in the first one! Such a beautiful city, got to love Barcelona, would be the perfect place to get engaged

I seem to have doubles all over the world! Everywhere I go people think they know me or say they know someone who looks just like me! So long as Martin doesn't think he sees me when it's actually someone else That could be embarrassing...

I love our pics

Sarah xx

Funny you should say that. You look like my sister. Lots. But shes rubbish.
When you get here, the Welcome To This Town sign, it scares little kids with it's skulls and it's gore
When you leave here, the Get The Hell Out sign is well kept and pretty with floral decor

Me and Jez - King and Queen lobster spam team!!

Elusive Moose

| 8,546 posts

13th Apr 2007 at 2:16 pm

Elusive Moose - Get your Antlers on

Get your Antlers on

Quote: Carlton
T'will be held in Ireland in about 12 months or so, we think. Perhaps 13 or 14 months, depending on bookings.

We'll probably have the wedding booked in about a months time. I'm quite looking forward to an Irish summer wedding. It should certainly keep me occupied anyway.

When I first read that I thought you wrote 'Israel'. Needless to say I was exceptionally confused/suprised until I learnt to read properly...
"You can't roast infants. You just don't get away with it."- a life lesson for us all.

Wife of  Phil the Lawful Hippo. Imagine the children!

The Disneyafied Adventures of Me

Chris Kamara

| 24,049 posts

13th Apr 2007 at 2:17 pm

Chris Kamara -

Considering what my mates are like, there is a very strong chance I may end up in Israel just before my wedding..

TinyShine

| 2,144 posts

17th Apr 2007 at 11:44 am

TinyShine -

Quote: Headeath
Hey congratulations.

Nice pics, especially Sarah in that rather elegant dress.

Bargain dress! It's a little H&M number!

Irish weddings are indeed fun; My sister had a Ceilidh at her evening do, which is like a big Irish dance type thing, with Irish music and lots of swirling each other round. That was lots of fun, although i was a tiny little 19 yr old then, and this big strong bloke almost spun me into outer space...! Still, all good craic

I love weddings. I love bridal magazines! eeeeek!

Sarah (the over-excitable) xx

Snowflake

| 11,898 posts

19th Apr 2007 at 5:23 pm

Snowflake - Lady Lobschter

Lady Lobschter

I know I'm late.

I suck.

Congratulations you two! I'm so happy for you!

By the way, don't ask me to be bridesmaid. It's not worth it. Seriously. I'm a jinx.

Good luck, don't let the planning stress you out too much.
self-confessed spamaholic

about as useful as trying to put the pin back in the grenade

Me and Matt - King and Queen lobster spam team!!

The Man from Southampton

| 3,794 posts

29th Apr 2007 at 12:43 am

equality, tolerance & logic

Congratulations, if there were ever two people from VR that deserve happiness and love together, it would have to be the two of you.

Are we invited to the wedding?

Congratulations
Now is that salary pre or post tax?

100% of Earth's population agrees with the following statement.

"Forces should be spending their time catching rapists and murders and not worry about piracy theft."

Chris Kamara

| 24,049 posts

9th May 2007 at 5:17 pm

Chris Kamara -

Oh yeah, I'd forgotten all about this. Ta!

Mark Brogan

| 7,648 posts

10th May 2007 at 12:26 am

That you're getting married?????

SARAH, maybe you should reconsider...

Chris Kamara

| 24,049 posts

10th May 2007 at 12:49 am

Chris Kamara -

You're just trying to get Sarah to cancel marrying me so that you can marry her instead. I know your game.

Mark Brogan

| 7,648 posts

10th May 2007 at 12:52 am

Busted!

Chris Kamara

| 24,049 posts

10th May 2007 at 12:55 am

Chris Kamara -

I caught you. I'm clever.

And really I'd not forgotten, just in case people thought I had We're actually going to look at potential wedding venues in a couple of weeks. Also, Sarah's chosen her bridesmaids (although it wasn't a difficult task) and I've got the best man, groomsman and usher already sorted.

Once it's booked though, not a lot happens until much closer to the date. So in a few weeks there's not much to worry about for a year or so.

Mark Brogan

| 7,648 posts

10th May 2007 at 1:00 am

Oh, no, I was just coming up with suggestions for whom you should get to play at the reception.

Ho ho.

Chris Kamara

| 24,049 posts

10th May 2007 at 1:01 am

Chris Kamara -

Antonia smells [smiley=LOL.gif]

Mark Brogan

| 7,648 posts

10th May 2007 at 1:05 am

Stop spoiling your nice thread!

Chris Kamara

| 24,049 posts

10th May 2007 at 1:05 am

Chris Kamara -

:-[ sorry.

Chris Kamara

| 24,049 posts

10th May 2007 at 1:17 am

Chris Kamara -

Actually, I might as well put a couple of pictures up from when we got engaged. I said I would add some more a while ago but meh, forgot.

I managed to find a bar
However, I was distinctly unimpressed with a) the lack of cider and b) the entire lack of service. In hindsight, I should have helped myself to whatever I wanted. Although thanks to Sarah's trigger fingers and camera, I'd have been on film doing so

[http://www.vegetablerevolution.com/Resources/Photos/random_stuff/me_at_the_bar.jpg]

And a picture of Sarah taking a picture of me. This was on a sort of 'pier' thing at the beach. I took one of her taking one of me but I look like a tool so I'm not posting that one up.

[http://www.vegetablerevolution.com/Resources/Photos/random_stuff/sarah_taking_a_picture.jpg]

I should really print all the pictures off and put them in my photo album. It's one of those things I keep meaning to do but.. "I'll do it tomorrow".

Chris Kamara

| 24,049 posts

10th May 2007 at 1:22 am

Chris Kamara -

Ohh and also I consider this one our 'engagement picture' (even though we weren't actually engaged at the time of it being took ;p.. near enough though!)

We got a large copy for my mum, and she framed it and put it on the wall.

These posts should stop Antonia telling me off again

Jen

| 1,002 posts

12th Aug 2007 at 7:22 pm

You can add izzle to anything

I'm really, really slow, but:

1) CONGRATULATIONS
2) Wow, Sarah is hot.
3) You're so cute together!!!!!

One very well-matched couple there methinks.
merrr...

Chris Kamara

| 24,049 posts

12th Aug 2007 at 7:57 pm

Chris Kamara -

1. Ta!
2. She is
3. Hoorah!

I reckon you're the last person in the entire world to know about this For a while I even had people in the street who I'm convinced I didn't know saying "Congratulations!". Although my Mum does like talking to people...

Incidentally, we have it all booked. We're getting married here:

[http://www.ollar.utvinternet.com/Images/bcastle.jpg]

VR's Irish residents will no doubt know whereabouts that is. Hopefully we'll have a nice sunny day. It's not until next summer, so we've a fair bit still to plan out.

Jen

| 1,002 posts

12th Aug 2007 at 8:02 pm

You can add izzle to anything

It's so pretty! Hope summer is better for you next year
merrr...

Chris Kamara

| 24,049 posts

12th Aug 2007 at 8:06 pm

Chris Kamara -

Couldn't be much worse

The theory is that next year couldn't possibly be the same all over again

Tobias Fünke

| 4,730 posts

12th Aug 2007 at 9:37 pm

Tobias Fünke  - I blue myself.

I blue myself.

Belfast Castle, sir?

Very swish. Though it's not exactly Sandy Row.
Analrapist.

TinyShine

| 2,144 posts

13th Aug 2007 at 12:50 pm

TinyShine -

Haha

You are correct! We loooove the castle! The views are beautiful and it reminds us of the area where we first met

Sarah xx

Tobias Fünke

| 4,730 posts

13th Aug 2007 at 1:37 pm

Tobias Fünke  - I blue myself.

I blue myself.

It's a grand wee spot. My friends Marco and Nicole nearly got married there, though they decided on Venice in the end. Cheesy sods that they are.
Analrapist.

TinyShine

| 2,144 posts

21st Aug 2007 at 9:17 am

TinyShine -

Ooo that is very exciting; Thanks lots! We may have to check that out

Sarah xx

Πανδώρα: Beefy cheesemas to all, and to all a gravy brie
Rayanne Graff: Happy Easter.
IGH: Just who was The Brigadier
ratammer: squeak
IGH: Wibble
Vel: *sigh*
Emma: Hi VR...
Princess Psycho: Hi I am back in the UK so how are everyone been keeping. Has Fluffy had that little accident yet?
Claire: SHOUTBOX OF VRRRRRR
Rayanne Graff: Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
Lucozade Lover: Happy New Year!
Crinkle-Cut Beatroot: Happy new year <3
Claire: BOXSHOUT
Rayanne Graff: Happy Easter.
Emma: So… Posting a new thread is Fission Mailing… so I’m putting this here.
Emma: I know there aren’t many people looking at this anymore… but I have made the decision to stop paying for the VR hosting and to let the domain lapse.
Emma: I think it will be going offline around the end of May
Emma: It’s been almost 10 years since James passed away… and I feel like it’s time.
Emma: A lot of the regulars can be found on the VR veterans group on Facebook - if you see this and you’re not in there, come join us.

Page: