Singledom

Posted In: Rants. Reading This Thread:

Topper

| 6,773 posts

7th Dec 2009 at 9:16 pm

Topper - Dismantling a person is sometimes necessary...

Dismantling a person is sometimes necessary...

Quote: LoonyPandora, Dec 2009
Quote: Valerie Holliday, Dec 2009
Also, from a conversation I had with James today, does it make a difference whether you're the dumper or dumpee on how easy you find it to get back into the swing of dating/rebounding?

Took me less time as the dumper to get back into the swing of things. Though it didn't work out well, maybe it only appears to take less time when you are the dumper, when in actual fact you ain't ready for the same length of time.

I think, depressingly, this may be exactly right.

2nd date tomorrow, wish me luck!

Edited by LoonyPandora Dec 2009
I hope some day, for some reason, David Duchovny is investigated by the FBI. Because that would make a great story.

http://www.myspace.com/toppercutter

Rayanne Graff

| 76,001 posts

8th Dec 2009 at 11:08 am

Rayanne Graff - River Phoenix

River Phoenix

Quote: Abacus, Dec 2009
Quote: LoonyPandora, Dec 2009
Quote: Valerie Holliday, Dec 2009
Also, from a conversation I had with James today, does it make a difference whether you're the dumper or dumpee on how easy you find it to get back into the swing of dating/rebounding?

Took me less time as the dumper to get back into the swing of things. Though it didn't work out well, maybe it only appears to take less time when you are the dumper, when in actual fact you ain't ready for the same length of time.

I think, depressingly, this may be exactly right.

2nd date tomorrow, wish me luck!

Good luck. [thumbs-up.gif]

Edited by LoonyPandora Dec 2009
*[http://www.vegetablerevolution.co.uk/uploads/549604.jpg]*

Topper

| 6,773 posts

8th Dec 2009 at 1:36 pm

That it appears to take less time if I'm honest.

And thanks, although there's a chance it might not happen now as she's got illness
I hope some day, for some reason, David Duchovny is investigated by the FBI. Because that would make a great story.

Topper

| 6,773 posts

15th Dec 2009 at 11:00 pm

Quote: Bob Flapper, Dec 2009
That it appears to take less time if I'm honest.

And thanks, although there's a chance it might not happen now as she's got illness

Sh*t. Probably aids.

Oh and is she on lotus notes? I'll steal her from under your comedy nose, RBS style motherjamma!

Me and Alex are work e-mail buddies. It kind of fills the womanly shaped gap in our lives.

She isn't on lotus notes, she's a relative newbie. You could try and steal her but you'd be competing with me, which, let's be honest, is always going to end in embarassment for you

Nothing else to report on the single life btw, I think being single is actually underrated, all this amazing FREEDOM.

Topper

| 6,773 posts

15th Dec 2009 at 11:08 pm

Yeah, it's like tonight I was thinking, if I had a girlfriend I'd have to be thinking about my explanation as to why my shoes were covered in sick.

Topper

| 6,773 posts

15th Dec 2009 at 11:28 pm

I don't know what you look like but if we're both single this time next year, wanna get married?

wombat

| 8,154 posts

15th Dec 2009 at 11:46 pm

wombat - Technically sexy.

Technically sexy.

I always wonder how spinster pacts come up in conversation.

I once tried to enter into one as some kind of fumbling, 16 year old act of seduction to find out she already had three.

Three?

How does that HAPPEN? Its not a normal thing to ask!
Southern hemispherical rat boy

wombat

| 8,154 posts

15th Dec 2009 at 11:52 pm

Technically sexy.

but joking about marrying someone?

I am no where near close enough- or perhaps too close- to my female friends to joke about that.

Topper

| 6,773 posts

15th Dec 2009 at 11:55 pm

Quote: Mrs Scruff, Dec 2009
People are scared of being lonely.

Do people really do them in seriousness though, because if so I'm spinster pact cheating on two people, three if you count the above posts.

*GASP*

wombat

| 8,154 posts

15th Dec 2009 at 11:55 pm

Technically sexy.

Quote: Mrs Scruff, Dec 2009
People are scared of being lonely.

Do people really do them in seriousness though, because if so I'm spinster pact cheating on two people, three if you count the above posts.

I'd say it was more insurance than cheating. 2/3 could be married by then.

Alec

| 1,347 posts

16th Dec 2009 at 12:45 am

Alec - Bing Bong Changes

Bing Bong Changes

Quote: Lisbeth Salander, Dec 2009
I've never been in one. I feel somewhat cheated.

I would, but you have no idea if I'm hot or not. Here's a clue though, it's not the first one.

Πανδώρα

| 15,327 posts

16th Dec 2009 at 12:50 am

Πανδώρα -

someone offered once, but then changed his mind as he said he was already in one

but he was a d*ckhead anyway so yeah
*burp*

Rayanne Graff

| 76,001 posts

16th Dec 2009 at 8:10 pm

River Phoenix

I've never been in one. I feel somewhat cheated.

i've never been in one either.i didn't think they existed outside of Friends, though i read an article about them a few years ago.

wombat

| 8,154 posts

16th Dec 2009 at 8:14 pm

Technically sexy.

Since I posted that I have- quite coincidentally- got myself one.

weird.

Dinglebutt

| 11,949 posts

16th Dec 2009 at 8:17 pm

Dinglebutt - I aim to misbehave

I aim to misbehave

Now that Mark is taken, I'm available.

Not that I was trying to hook up with Mark or anything, I just haven't stated my intentions yet.

Plus the fact that Mark already turned me down
Mal: Appears we got here just in the nick of time. What does that make us?
Zoë: Big damn heroes, sir.
Mal: Ain't we just.

Topper

| 6,773 posts

19th Dec 2009 at 5:10 pm

Finally got a second date tomorrow. Problem is I've regressed back to old awkward, shy Alex when I'm at work with her now and I think she thinks I'm not arsed when I'm actually very arsed. Time to be nice and confident tomorrow and let her know I categorically like her and there's nothing she can do about it

Delirium Tremens

| 1,875 posts

19th Dec 2009 at 8:00 pm

Delirium Tremens -

Just stick your tongue down her throat. She can't say no!

She can say "I'm calling the police now."

Rayanne Graff

| 76,001 posts

19th Dec 2009 at 8:12 pm

River Phoenix

Finally got a second date tomorrow. Problem is I've regressed back to old awkward, shy Alex when I'm at work with her now and I think she thinks I'm not arsed when I'm actually very arsed. Time to be nice and confident tomorrow and let her know I categorically like her and there's nothing she can do about it

Heck, everyone's shy. Hope tomorrow goes all right, mofo.

Dissimulation

| 5,671 posts

19th Dec 2009 at 9:37 pm

Dissimulation -

Quote: Rayanne Graff, Dec 2009

This.
I would definitely consider myself to be quite a shy person, with very little self esteem or confidence. I think, because I was pretty chunky this time last year, I still feel as if nobody could find me attractive. Every little flaw in my appearance has now become magnified and on top of this, I'm painfully aware that I'm 27, don't drive and have very little money. When I'm sat at a bar chatting to women who are nurses, solicitors etc.. and most of them are a few years younger than I am, it really does make you feel like you don't stand a chance.

If you were a fly on the wall during a night out though, you'd never believe my confidence was so low. However, the fact that last night I managed to charm my way through a couple of nurses, some primary school teachers, an interior designer and some other random nice women and left in the end with some waitress who I didn't even fancy, simply because I have low self-esteem and she gave me the most attention. I've pretty much given up on the idea actually meeting someone decent.

Albert Johanneson

| 14,477 posts

20th Dec 2009 at 12:02 am

Albert Johanneson - Outside-left

Outside-left

Quote: Whoa Buck, Dec 2009

This.
I would definitely consider myself to be quite a shy person, with very little self esteem or confidence. I think, because I was pretty chunky this time last year, I still feel as if nobody could find me attractive. Every little flaw in my appearance has now become magnified and on top of this, I'm painfully aware that I'm 27, don't drive and have very little money. When I'm sat at a bar chatting to women who are nurses, solicitors etc.. and most of them are a few years younger than I am, it really does make you feel like you don't stand a chance.

If you were a fly on the wall during a night out though, you'd never believe my confidence was so low. However, the fact that last night I managed to charm my way through a couple of nurses, some primary school teachers, an interior designer and some other random nice women and left in the end with some waitress who I didn't even fancy, simply because I have low self-esteem and she gave me the most attention. I've pretty much given up on the idea actually meeting someone decent.

This is why Jewish God invented lying

Dinglebutt

| 11,949 posts

20th Dec 2009 at 1:09 am

Dinglebutt - I aim to misbehave

I aim to misbehave

Quote: Snoop, Dec 2009
Quote: Howard Hughes, Dec 2009
Quote: Whoa Buck, Dec 2009

This.

This is why Jewish God invented lying

For most of the first year students in Manchester I'm Bertie Ahernes nephew and Bono's godson. Idiots

I played a drug dealer in 3 episodes of Fair City. This nearly always works because nobody gives a f*ck about Fair City
Mal: Appears we got here just in the nick of time. What does that make us?
Zoë: Big damn heroes, sir.
Mal: Ain't we just.

LoonyPandora

| 17,916 posts

20th Dec 2009 at 2:48 pm

LoonyPandora - Daft Cow?

Daft Cow?

Well I'm Danbert Nobacon. So suck on that.

Topper

| 6,773 posts

20th Dec 2009 at 8:12 pm

Went quite well today. I laid my cards on the table, told her I liked her and said the things we both sort of knew anyway, but it was good to actually say them so we both knew where we stood. She does like me but doesn't want to get into a girlfriend/boyfriend thing as yet and likes to get to know someone better first before she goes out with them. I'm ok with this to be honest, she wants to go out more and go from there so yeah, that'll happen. Hmm...

learrggh

| 5,670 posts

20th Dec 2009 at 8:27 pm

learrggh -

Went quite well today. I laid my cards on the table, told her I liked her and said the things we both sort of knew anyway, but it was good to actually say them so we both knew where we stood. She does like me but doesn't want to get into a girlfriend/boyfriend thing as yet and likes to get to know someone better first before she goes out with them. I'm ok with this to be honest, she wants to go out more and go from there so yeah, that'll happen. Hmm...

sounds perfectly reasonable. wouldn't worry about it - it's not a bad sign. she likes you and wants to spend more time with you. you're pretty much already halfway there.

Topper

| 6,773 posts

20th Dec 2009 at 8:31 pm

Yeah, it's cool, my smiley at the end of the post was ill-chosen. I was just happy to find out for sure she does definitely like me

Topper

| 6,773 posts

20th Dec 2009 at 11:21 pm

Nah, just anal sex in the toilets at the train station

No though, I haven't; I saved the "talking" until right at the very end before her train so as if it went tits up I wouldn't have to be around her for 4 hours humiliated. We had a warm lingering embrace when she left but there were people all over the place.

In other news I went out for my ex's birthday last night in an attempt to do the whole staying friends thing and it was pretty grim. My ex herself was fine but her sister and her friends weren't exactly friendly, which I guess I can understand. My ex took me outside for a big talk, but ashamedly I don't remember anything we spoke about but she's ok with me today so I know I didn't do anything stupid or mean or ought.

Edited by Topper Dec 2009

Topper

| 6,773 posts

21st Dec 2009 at 9:37 pm

Cheers Doc

Found out today from my mate that the girl in question was asking me to go outside with her at the staff party last Thursday before she left and I said no! Hehe, nice work, Alex...

Πανδώρα: Beefy cheesemas to all, and to all a gravy brie
Rayanne Graff: Happy Easter.
IGH: Just who was The Brigadier
ratammer: squeak
IGH: Wibble
Vel: *sigh*
Emma: Hi VR...
Princess Psycho: Hi I am back in the UK so how are everyone been keeping. Has Fluffy had that little accident yet?
Claire: SHOUTBOX OF VRRRRRR
Rayanne Graff: Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
Lucozade Lover: Happy New Year!
Crinkle-Cut Beatroot: Happy new year <3
Claire: BOXSHOUT
Rayanne Graff: Happy Easter.
Emma: So… Posting a new thread is Fission Mailing… so I’m putting this here.
Emma: I know there aren’t many people looking at this anymore… but I have made the decision to stop paying for the VR hosting and to let the domain lapse.
Emma: I think it will be going offline around the end of May
Emma: It’s been almost 10 years since James passed away… and I feel like it’s time.
Emma: A lot of the regulars can be found on the VR veterans group on Facebook - if you see this and you’re not in there, come join us.

Page: