What is....

Posted In: Mega-Zine Chat. Reading This Thread:

Obinice

| 126 posts

27th Aug 2009 at 11:03 am

Obinice - Existential crisis mode.

Existential crisis mode.

What is a Mega-Zine? I Googled it, and found some sort of page-flip publishing software, which confused me even more . I couldn't see a sticky explaining what it is, but sorry if I've looked over it....

Rayanne Graff

| 76,001 posts

27th Aug 2009 at 11:10 am

Rayanne Graff - River Phoenix

River Phoenix

Mega-Zine is a letters page that used to be on Teletext page 845. Well, that the last page it was on was 845 although it was on other pages before.

It was a page where people tended to write using pseudonyms and was edited by a gay giraffe called White Line Warrior.

There did used to be a page about Zine on Wikipedia but it was deleted.
*[http://www.vegetablerevolution.co.uk/uploads/549604.jpg]*

Dinglebutt

| 11,949 posts

27th Aug 2009 at 11:12 am

Dinglebutt - I aim to misbehave

I aim to misbehave

Quote: Obinice, Aug 2009
What is a Mega-Zine? I Googled it, and found some sort of page-flip publishing software, which confused me even more . I couldn't see a sticky explaining what it is, but sorry if I've looked over it....

There used to be a Wikipedia page for it, but they deleted it.

It was basically a letters page on Teletext that ran for almost 17 years. People could write in poems, jokes, lists, their general thoughts on a particular subject, or in my case, completely nonsensical poppycock with no bearing on anything other than my dreams and imagination.

There was a guy (or several over the years) called WLW who would write short responses to our letters.

Mega-Zine (or 'Zine) ended in March this year, due to the recession and the fact that the Teletext bosses actually read it one day and realised how much money they had been spending so teenagers could say to other teenagers "What do you get if you cross a sheep and a kangaroo? A dent on your bonnet!"
Mal: Appears we got here just in the nick of time. What does that make us?
Zoë: Big damn heroes, sir.
Mal: Ain't we just.

Rayanne Graff

| 76,001 posts

27th Aug 2009 at 11:25 am

Rayanne Graff - River Phoenix

River Phoenix

Oh, and WLW used to sometimes come on VR, although he hasn't been here for a few months.
*[http://www.vegetablerevolution.co.uk/uploads/549604.jpg]*

Πανδώρα: Beefy cheesemas to all, and to all a gravy brie
Rayanne Graff: Happy Easter.
IGH: Just who was The Brigadier
ratammer: squeak
IGH: Wibble
Vel: *sigh*
Emma: Hi VR...
Princess Psycho: Hi I am back in the UK so how are everyone been keeping. Has Fluffy had that little accident yet?
Claire: SHOUTBOX OF VRRRRRR
Rayanne Graff: Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
Lucozade Lover: Happy New Year!
Crinkle-Cut Beatroot: Happy new year <3
Claire: BOXSHOUT
Rayanne Graff: Happy Easter.
Emma: So… Posting a new thread is Fission Mailing… so I’m putting this here.
Emma: I know there aren’t many people looking at this anymore… but I have made the decision to stop paying for the VR hosting and to let the domain lapse.
Emma: I think it will be going offline around the end of May
Emma: It’s been almost 10 years since James passed away… and I feel like it’s time.
Emma: A lot of the regulars can be found on the VR veterans group on Facebook - if you see this and you’re not in there, come join us.

One Page