An Interview with The DeLorean...

Posted In: Mega-Zine Chat. Reading This Thread:

Megazine Letters.

| 3,425 posts

27th Jun 2008 at 12:27 pm

Megazine Letters. - You! Me! Milkshakes!

You! Me! Milkshakes!

Martin said we can make a big interview for the Discussion About Megazine thread. It would be really cool and interesting, I hope. We could ask lots of questions about Megazine and all his letters and bestest Megaziners, and also lots of other questions and word associations too.
Also, lots of questions about video games and books and music too.
I hope it is a cool idea. :-[

Please does anyone want to make any questions at-all? - Please can you send them to the Megazine Letters account again. It would be really helpful!

[http://www.vegetablerevolution.co.uk/uploads/591931.jpg]

Rayanne Graff

| 76,001 posts

28th Jun 2008 at 8:20 am

Rayanne Graff - River Phoenix

River Phoenix

When do the questions have to be sent in by?
*[http://www.vegetablerevolution.co.uk/uploads/549604.jpg]*

Megazine Letters.

| 3,425 posts

28th Jun 2008 at 1:38 pm

You! Me! Milkshakes!

I am going to send all the questions to Martin on friday, I hope.

Megazine Letters.

| 3,425 posts

2nd Jul 2008 at 3:10 pm

You! Me! Milkshakes!

Please does anyone else want to make any questions at-all? :-[

Megazine Letters.

| 3,425 posts

18th Jul 2008 at 11:33 am

You! Me! Milkshakes!

*An Interview With The DeLorean That Got Struck By Lightning.*
Questions by Amy, David-James and Strawberry.

Who are your bestest Mega-ziners ever?
I remember back in the day it was Topper, FJ and Sykopathik Mushroom.

Who are your bestest Mega-ziners at the moment?
I don't read it any more.

Which Mega-ziners do you think are really bad and annoying?
:-X

Where does the inspiration for your letters come from?
A 'Zine almanac I brought back from the future.

Is Townie Tim a real person at-all?
Tim's the name of a guy Amie had had a small (hahaha small) crush on when we first met. It was kind of our 'thing' to talk about him and the girl I liked at the time. I saw him once, two years after I'd written TT.

Please are you going to make any Townie Tim letters again ever? It would be so cool!
Sorry. Half of them weren't even funny

Was Townie Tim a rip off of Matt Phatt?
Yes. But, more accurately, no. It was originally Pinky and The Brain fanfic Brain was trying to take over 'Zine, ended up being thwarted by Davord and having to listen to Glugs jokes for eternity as punishment. They were never printed, possibly due to copyright reasons. Or possibly because they sucked.

What types of letters do you think are really neat and cool?
Vowels.

Creative and ignored or boring and famous?
Creative and famous.

If you'd never found 'Zine/VR, what would you be like now?
I'd have less friends but better A-Levels.

How come you pretend you've left VR but really you're just not logged in and are reading everything all the time?
Well Claire has linked me to a couple of threads in le past, and today I checked up on the camera project (speaking of which...... ). But no, lurking would defeat the object of leaving (Y).

Fudge or Chocolate?
The first one flavoured like the second one.

What is your favourite cake?
Lemon drizzle.

Which is your bestest Simpsons character?
Homer, natch.

What is your favourite Simpsons episode?
George is probably right about You Only Move Twice. I also like that Halloween one where they take off The Shining.

What are you bestest books and movies and bands?
Oh gosh.... Books.... I think Mort by Terry Pratchett stands out as a great book. And Derren Brown's Tricks of The Mind too. They were both really well written and very very funny. The latter more so than you'd think. Hitchhikers Guide was great too.
Movies... I've decided Eternal Sunshine of The Spotless Mind is one of the best movies in the world ever. Top 5, easy. Why? The cinematography is quite frankly stunning, there're so many beautiful shots like when Joel and Clem are lying on the cracked frozen lake, the visual metaphors with all those neat little camera tricks (such as faces melting when Joel's having his memory erased) impress me every time. There's a great twist, flawless acting, a lovely soundtrack and some genuinely moving dialogue... It gets better every time you watch it. "How happy is the blameless vestal's lot. The world forgetting, by the world forgot. Eternal sunshine of the spotless mind. Each pray'r accepted, and each wish resign'd". I'll tell you what, I don't have the faintest bloody clue about what that could mean and it still gives me f*cking goosebumps. 10 erased memories of a painful breakup out of 10. Bravo to everyone involved.
Bands... Weezer are the newest awesomely good band I've started listening to, other good ones include The Sunshine Underground and Art Brut. Angus and Julia Stone are really pretty too.

What is your favourite Back To The Future film?
The first one.

Who is your favourite Back To The Future character?
I guess Marty, I really love the Doc too.

Hoverboards or lightsabers?
Guess I recently did watch all of Star Wars for the first time though... It started off great, went downhill from there and ended up being a complete waste of more than 6 hours of my life. I could have done great things with those six hours... like... watch a quarter of a series of 24. Or 18 Malcolm in The Middles!

Pirates or ninjas?
Pirates.

Buffy or Willow? (Or Fred?).
Buffy.

What is your bestest video game weapon?
Could you call a katamari a weapon? Considering the amount of damage it does...

What is your bestest Pokemon?
Oh I couldn't possibly choose a favourite

Do you want to be a ninja or a samurai?
I want to be a psychologist

£16,000...deal...or no deal?
Depends on the board. Probably no deal.

Do you really think you are good at singing Blondie?
No.

Do you wish you could read everyone's thoughts, sometimes? Do you think it would be really scary and terrible?
It'd be really cool, and I can see no drawbacks whatsoever.

Are you worried everyone can hear all your thoughts sometimes?
No of course not, I'm wearing my foil helmet.

Do you really want a real time machine? Whenabouts do you really want to go?
Yeah, I'd go back and squish a bug to see what happens. Then, if there wasn't much change I'd go back again and squish something else, something bigger, like, Germany. Or Jesus.

Also, who do you want to be your mad scientist mentor?
George needs to grow his crazy hair back.

If you could buy a DeLorean, would you?
I can. And I will. You watch me.

What was your most bestest thing about Japan?
Well I'd gone out alone one night in search of a curry; a belting house party had just died down and my Dad had gone to bed because he's old and that's what old people do. I had a curry place in mind but when I got there they were closed - so I found a local bar instead. I got talking to a couple of people there (God knows how, most of them spoke less English than I spoke Japanese) and they insisted I came back. I did, quite a few times actually, usually after my running club, and it was always a really good night. I loved the bar, and the people, and the beer. I can't explain it, but you don't get places like that in England. People were self-serving at the beer pumps for f*cks sake I didn't have a care in the world when I was with these people, and I never wanted to leave. So naturally when I found out I had to come home early because I might have cancer again, I wanted to have one last drink and say goodbye to everyone. I didn't get a chance until the night before my flight left, and it was getting late. Everything was happening so fast, and on the way to this bar knowing it was for the very last time I must confess I was in tears, but I pulled myself together in time before walking into the usual chorus of hellos and welcomes. I sat down with my lovely Asahi 'nama biru' and started to make small the usual talk.... I'd only taken about 1,500 yen (£7) with me anticipating three drinks at most, but before I was even halfway done with my first someone started taking packs of Japanese snacks out of their bag:... bite sized rice and raw fish wrapped in seaweed. YUM! Then my mate said to me "...you know.... Russian roulette?" and I was like "yeah..." and he said "...you know.... wasabi?"... The rest of the night was ace. I laughed, I drank, I ate two wasabi-filled sushibombs, I laughed more, I drank more. It was so surreal, at one point I was cooking cow tongues on a spit behind the bar and later on I was hugging an ex sumo champion. When I finished my last drink, I got up to pay and they told me it was all on the house....! I couldn't believe how happy I was walking out of the bar, it wasn't just the best night of my being in Japan, it was the best night of my life. I walked home smiling the whole way until I almost tripped over a homeless guy in a dark alley I hadn't woken him up, but I felt bad all the same. I started thinking about how I probably had cancer, and what that meant for me. Then I compared that to the guy who was living on the streets every day of his life. He can't father children either, and he can't afford to be halfway around the world drinking in new bars meeting new people. I bet he doesn't have many friends like I was just lucky enough to spend a night with. I stopped at the end of the alley and walked back to him, he was clearly used to being on the streets because he was sleeping like a baby. And I didn't need it now... so I gave him the 1,500 yen. Sure, perhaps he will go out and spend that money on beer, but at least it'll put a smile on his face when he wakes up and sees it. Besides, that's what I'd planned to spend it on anyway After I got home, I showered, and then we left immediately for the airport. It was a fantastic way to say goodbye to Japan, and like I said, the best day of my life so far.
And it turned out the lump I'd found was benign.

What other countries do you really want to go to too?
Gosh. I keep saying Australia is next on my list, but I think Italy is more realistic. I want to take Amie, it's one of those places that'd be loads more fun with her, like when I took her to France 'cause I'm brilliant. But there are also places I want to go to alone... I love the idea of exploring Egypt and parts of the Far East on my own. I could probably get a job, and my GBP would go a long way.

Which do you find more annoying, people who won't admit they're wrong, or people who won't apologise?
Frankly neither p*ss me off as much as hypocrisy and sneakiness.

Please can you tell everyone a secret secret about you?
I used to shave my chest. I don't now.

What is your most compulsive habit?
Poker. I'm getting good Oh and 24. I've just watched two seasons in the past 11 days. They were good.

Name something really popular that you hate.
To quote the Doc, if something is making people happy I don't have a problem with it.

Name something really hated that you like.
Chris Moyles. Jeremy Kyle. Haters can stfu, see above.

Would you accept a million pounds to leave the country and never set foot in it again?
Yep. There's so many great countries out there, I'm bound to find somewhere to settle down. I would miss England though, I really would. But with a million pounds I can fly friends out to visit me.

Who are you closest to in your family?
I'm not.

What is your earliest memory?
Starting these questions. LOL.

If aliens asked you to live on their planet for 5 years, would you go?
No, I'm happy here. Last year maybe.

*Word Association*

If you have a really crappy answer to this I'm sorry, I couldn't think of anything for a lot of these...

- ANBY... Anagrammed Name, Beats Yours.
- Dr Namgge... Doesn't like being called either Stu or Stuart, I can't remember which one.
- Elden Ray... Maker of the joint 1st tastiest bagels in the world.
- Farmer Jack...  Powerful balls.
- Freshly Squeezed Cynic... Cynically fresh squeezer.
- Haryuu No Hanekata... Dragons forced him to wear a hat.
- Insane Jam Sow... zap.to
- Junior Minister... Future MP for Hull
- Lilac Leopard... Aceness. I could type more, but that sums it up perfectly.
- Little Blue Fox... Great asset to VR, not just for the Mega 'Zine letters bit, for all the bits.
- Lord Sebastian Flyte... Drawing a blank. Might be because it's 5am. Sorry dude.
- Lost in Translation... Likes toast but doesn't like the crumbs.
- Mancomb Seepgood... A man... with a comb... who seeps.... that's good...
- One Winged Angel... Totally cool.
- Paddy Irishman... One of the better 'Ziners.
- Princess Psycho... Thoroughly lovely girl, and not at all a psycho.
- Psychic Potato... I hope he isn't really psychic. Or a potato.
- Sex Jones... I can't remember if this is actually George or just a hilarious coincidence.
- Smashed Strawberry, Hector's House... Chocolate Frogs.
- The Doc... Drunken shenanigans around Leeds soon dude.
- TheUnitedTruth... Bunnies.
- Topper... Tiny chopper. Possibly.
- Vigilante Maelstrom... He's awesome. In fact, he's funkycool.
- WLW... He used to have trouble controlling THE VOLUME OF HIS VOICE.

Done? Already? Nawww. My thanks to the three question askers

Little Blue Fox.

| 4,256 posts

18th Jul 2008 at 11:56 am

Little Blue Fox. - Hope is important.

Hope is important.

Quote: megazineletters
Name something really popular that you hate.
To quote the Doc, if something is making people happy I don't have a problem with it.

Oh gosh - it is not true. - Lots of terrible bad things make people happy, sometimes - it is like The Sun newspaper and Simon Cowell and hitting people with shoes.

:-[
It hurts too much not to try.
I will see you in another life when we are both cats.
Quod perditum est, in venietur.*Facebook.

Colin

| 10,038 posts

18th Jul 2008 at 11:58 am

Colin -

http://www.myspace.com/papertruth
[http://www.vegetablerevolution.co.uk/resources/uploads/gerrard.jpg]

the doc

| 23,161 posts

18th Jul 2008 at 12:04 pm

the doc -

Great interview, possibly my favourite one so far.

"Yes. Or more accurately, no............."

Also: Quote:
- The Doc... Drunken shenanigans around Leeds soon dude.

You knows it, dude

Claire

| 15,814 posts

18th Jul 2008 at 1:30 pm

Claire - Darren is most certainly not my god!

Darren is most certainly not my god!

Your story was acetown, dude. It's rare anything that long holds my attention (aside from penises obviously, ho ho!), I get distracted by shiny things. But I read all of that, and I'm glad you're OK. My linking you to threads on VR is part of a cunning ploy to lure you back here, is it working?
Coloured Lilac And Insults Rarely E(Anymore)

Quote: Claire, Jun 2005
Basically, I'm just mangling and regurgitating what everyone's already said.

I’m really glad that the quote in my signature is a teenager.
Joint best Mod 2009. Officials.

Winner of most longstanding mod in the history of the internet. Or at least most resillient/lifelacking VR staff member 2012.

Carpet Remnant

| 11,715 posts

18th Jul 2008 at 1:54 pm

Carpet Remnant -

Bands... Weezer are the newest awesomely good band I've started listening to

This is good, though Beverly Hills is NOT their best song. By a long long way.

Colin

| 10,038 posts

19th Jul 2008 at 9:33 am

Colin -

I'm not sure it actually counts as a song.
http://www.myspace.com/papertruth
[http://www.vegetablerevolution.co.uk/resources/uploads/gerrard.jpg]

the doc

| 23,161 posts

22nd Jul 2008 at 3:09 pm

the doc -

It's sh*te.

Jewbacca

| 6,793 posts

31st Jul 2008 at 5:15 pm

Jewbacca -

Then my mate said to me "...you know.... Russian roulette?" and I was like "yeah..." and he said "...you know.... wasabi?"...

You can totally see this two minutes into my awesome video

AAAAAAARRRRRRRGHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!

Jewbacca

| 6,793 posts

31st Jul 2008 at 5:45 pm

Jewbacca -

Quote: Lilac_Leopard
Your story was acetown, dude. It's rare anything that long holds my attention (aside from penises obviously, ho ho!), I get distracted by shiny things. But I read all of that, and I'm glad you're OK. My linking you to threads on VR is part of a cunning ploy to lure you back here, is it working?

Thanks - Your face is acetown!
AAAAAAARRRRRRRGHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!

Πανδώρα: Beefy cheesemas to all, and to all a gravy brie
Rayanne Graff: Happy Easter.
IGH: Just who was The Brigadier
ratammer: squeak
IGH: Wibble
Vel: *sigh*
Emma: Hi VR...
Princess Psycho: Hi I am back in the UK so how are everyone been keeping. Has Fluffy had that little accident yet?
Claire: SHOUTBOX OF VRRRRRR
Rayanne Graff: Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
Lucozade Lover: Happy New Year!
Crinkle-Cut Beatroot: Happy new year <3
Claire: BOXSHOUT
Rayanne Graff: Happy Easter.
Emma: So… Posting a new thread is Fission Mailing… so I’m putting this here.
Emma: I know there aren’t many people looking at this anymore… but I have made the decision to stop paying for the VR hosting and to let the domain lapse.
Emma: I think it will be going offline around the end of May
Emma: It’s been almost 10 years since James passed away… and I feel like it’s time.
Emma: A lot of the regulars can be found on the VR veterans group on Facebook - if you see this and you’re not in there, come join us.

One Page