Saturday Showcase - November 2006.

Posted In: Mega-Zine Chat. Reading This Thread:

Megazine Letters.

| 3,425 posts

8th Dec 2006 at 12:27 pm

Megazine Letters. - You! Me! Milkshakes!

You! Me! Milkshakes!

Please vote for your bestest letter in November.
The closing date for all the votes is 22/12/2006.
Please vote!

1. In a dark, dark town was a dark, dark house. In a dark, dark house was a dark, dark room. In the dark, dark room was a dark, dark plagiarism allegation. Fiddlesticks.

Vigilante Maelstrom.

Plagiarism? On the Zine? Never!

---

DARON'S THE DOG'S.

Little Daron Hendle got a dog for his 8th birthday. Daron was a nice boy, but he was often a bit selfish. This puppy didn't like this, so every time Daron was selfish it would bite off one of his fingers.
Daron is now 15 and incapable of certain pastimes his peers get up to.
The moral of the story is: don't get a dog.

Vigilante Maelstrom.

Anteaters. That's what Daron's after. They have no teeth, you know.

-----

2. Challenge Vingt-et-un.

So, I was stood in a bar, minding my own business and munching on occasional bar snacks; when this REALLY old bald guy starts eyeing me up. He must have been 50. But I was alone; so I went up to him, gave him what for and shoved KP's salted goodness right where it's uncomfortable. If I ever get those peanuts back, he's in for a fright!

Elden Ray.

You wouldn't want them anyway, would you?

-----

3. BAG IT UP.

My friend (and one time 'ziner Rude Boy) believes man bags are masculine. He believes he is not camp or gay, but that the bag adds a mystical presence.
He says when he was young he watched a show called Kung Fu. David Carradine carried a man bag with a flute in it, and he is a black belt. So now Rude Boy thinks bags are hard.
I just tell him: Shut up and put your make up on.

Squashed Strawberry, Hector's House.

So long as the bag matches his make-up case, he's fine.

-----

4. SPOOKY STORY.

Once upon an empty evening, an eager owl opens an eerie envelope. All around, icicles of imagination exaggerate its apprehensions. Its anxious, ever anxious, expectations unfold across ages.
Eventually, an owl, alone and afraid, opens its eerie envelope. Inside...it's an invitation!

The Soul Cake Duck.

Fantastic introduction. Shame about the rest of the story...

-----

5. Ponderings.

Hula Hoops are now lower in sodium it seems. I refuse to believe in the existence of sodium, and have always done so, thus this attempt to attract me into eating those baked delights has failed miserably. I still eat them though. How something can be both so edible and so round is not to be ignored.

Mancomb Seepgood.

Try Wheat Crunchies - three times the roundess and Worcester Sauce flavour to boot.

Please vote!

[http://www.vegetablerevolution.co.uk/uploads/591931.jpg]

Colin

| 10,038 posts

8th Dec 2006 at 2:35 pm

Colin -

Hey, sorry to be pernickety but you've got two entries for Vigilante Maelstrom there.
http://www.myspace.com/papertruth
[http://www.vegetablerevolution.co.uk/resources/uploads/gerrard.jpg]

Vel

| 23,203 posts

8th Dec 2006 at 3:15 pm

Vel - Marry me?

Marry me?

So, you got nominated twice. Means you have better chances
Wife of Amy, Sex Goddess

Colin

| 10,038 posts

8th Dec 2006 at 6:42 pm

Colin -

I see. But I'm on the poll once. Hm.
http://www.myspace.com/papertruth
[http://www.vegetablerevolution.co.uk/resources/uploads/gerrard.jpg]

Dissimulation

| 5,671 posts

8th Dec 2006 at 7:18 pm

Dissimulation -

I was sold by the double-nomination.

Mancomb Seepgood

| 3,455 posts

8th Dec 2006 at 7:55 pm

Mancomb Seepgood - Grog me.

Grog me.

Wow, I;m quite surprised that got printed let alone nominated for this, being as it was only written cos there was a packet of Hula Hoops beside me.

Anyway, Vigilante Maelstrom FTW.
If I could get an orange that was as low-maintenance as an apple, I'd be a happy man

Mark Brogan

| 7,648 posts

19th Dec 2006 at 1:47 am

It's Mr Vigilante Maelstrom's second letter that gets my vote  

Ooops. I possibly just accidently removed my vote. I'm just a bit stupid really. But then, I knew that.

Megazine Letters.

| 3,425 posts

22nd Dec 2006 at 11:59 am

Megazine Letters. - You! Me! Milkshakes!

You! Me! Milkshakes!

The bestest letters in December were "Dark, dark town" and "Daron's the dogs" by Vigilante Maelstrom.
He got 5 out of 12 votes.
Well done!

Vigilante Maelstrom.In a dark, dark town was a dark, dark house. In a dark, dark house was a dark, dark room. In the dark, dark room was a dark, dark plagiarism allegation. Fiddlesticks.Plagiarism? On the Zine? Never!

---

DARON'S THE DOG'S.

Little Daron Hendle got a dog for his 8th birthday. Daron was a nice boy, but he was often a bit selfish. This puppy didn't like this, so every time Daron was selfish it would bite off one of his fingers.
Daron is now 15 and incapable of certain pastimes his peers get up to.
The moral of the story is: don't get a dog.

Vigilante Maelstrom.

Anteaters. That's what Daron's after. They have no teeth, you know.

[http://www.vegetablerevolution.co.uk/uploads/591931.jpg]

Πανδώρα: Beefy cheesemas to all, and to all a gravy brie
Rayanne Graff: Happy Easter.
IGH: Just who was The Brigadier
ratammer: squeak
IGH: Wibble
Vel: *sigh*
Emma: Hi VR...
Princess Psycho: Hi I am back in the UK so how are everyone been keeping. Has Fluffy had that little accident yet?
Claire: SHOUTBOX OF VRRRRRR
Rayanne Graff: Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
Lucozade Lover: Happy New Year!
Crinkle-Cut Beatroot: Happy new year <3
Claire: BOXSHOUT
Rayanne Graff: Happy Easter.
Emma: So… Posting a new thread is Fission Mailing… so I’m putting this here.
Emma: I know there aren’t many people looking at this anymore… but I have made the decision to stop paying for the VR hosting and to let the domain lapse.
Emma: I think it will be going offline around the end of May
Emma: It’s been almost 10 years since James passed away… and I feel like it’s time.
Emma: A lot of the regulars can be found on the VR veterans group on Facebook - if you see this and you’re not in there, come join us.

One Page