Saturday Showcase - October 2006 too.

Posted In: Mega-Zine Chat. Reading This Thread:

Please vote for your bestest letter.

Megazine Letters.

| 3,425 posts

17th Nov 2006 at 11:28 am

Megazine Letters. - You! Me! Milkshakes!

You! Me! Milkshakes!

Hi hi. I made an extra Saturday Showcase for October because lots of people did not like the other Showcase. I hope it is ok. :-[
The closing date for all the votes is 24/11/2006.
Please vote too!

1. Worrisome.

I am so worried about what I will bring to the metaphorical Mega-Zine party. For, while some 'Ziners bring funny and intelligent stories, or fabby mix CDs, or Tizer, I'm scared that I will only ever bring skacky sausage rolls that taste like Tony Blair's pants. And they just get thrown in the bin. I hope I will bring better things that that.

Blossom Black Shadow.

Last, but not least BBS. But how do you know what Tony's pants taste like?

-----

2. Modern Slides.

At last: a reason to visit Tate Modern that isn't to mooch in the book shop: slides! "Weeee"- that's the noise I made, hurtling down the slides; today, in class. Of course, when another type of artist takes to the slide and goes "weeee", they'll spoil it for everyone; or, as my art teacher said, "They might create a piece of folk art" - which is her euphemism for number twos.

Lord Sebastian Flyte.

"Weeees" and "twos"? Who says the Zine has gone down
the toilet?

-----

3. ISN'T IT IRONIC?

I want to open a Christmas Decortions shop in Hollywood. Y'know...purley for the irony of it.
It'd probably have to close down after a few weeks and I'd lose most of my life's savings, but think of the irony man...think!
Don't assumt it's obvious. Never assume. Because when you assume, you make an a*s out of u and me.

Paddy Irishman.

Sounds like you've been attending the Alanis Morissette School of Irony.

-----

4. Six. Godot is always really early when he is going to meet Davord. Who is Godot, though? And what's the nature of his business with Davord?

-----

5. A(N) (A)TYPICAL DAY.

Rain. People. Bus stop. Puddle. Ducks. Happy. Lorry. Accelerate. Impending doom. Grimaces. More rain. Big splash. Drenched. Feathers. Muddy. Duck pate. Free dinner. Why can't thnigs just happen like in the adverts, where the culprit get sucked down into Oblivion. WHY are bus stops always built in front of puddles? *Sighs*.

Elden Ray.

Because the drivers are no good with moving targets, silly.

-----

6. Wagon Of Bandiness.

Not wanting to be left out, I tried to jump on the current Zine bandwagon. Unfortunately, BBC officials weren't too impressed when I leapt out of the audience, ran to the front desk and rugby tackled Stephen Fry. Still, I made it onto the Six O'Clock News.

Dr Namgge (Help Avoid Bandwagons, Kill All Bands).

I can hear the wheels straining on this bandwagon, already. The backlash will inevitably come.

Please vote!

[http://www.vegetablerevolution.co.uk/uploads/591931.jpg]

Jewbacca

| 6,793 posts

19th Nov 2006 at 1:42 am

Jewbacca -

Quote:
-----

4. Six. Godot is always really early when he is going to meet Davord. Who is Godot, though? And what's the nature of his business with Davord?

-----

I dont get it....
AAAAAAARRRRRRRGHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!

History For Sale

| 6,560 posts

19th Nov 2006 at 11:20 pm

Now our history is for sale....

:-? Me either.
I only want you to see
My favourite part of me
And not my ugly side
Not my ugly side

[http://furcadia.com/banners/images/DownloadB2.gif]

Dalek

| 412 posts

20th Nov 2006 at 8:48 am

Stand and Deliver!!

Godot is from a play called Waiting for Godot by Samuel Beckett.
The pun is that in the play Godot never arrives, or even exists thus leaving the protagonists forever waiting for something that will never happen.

Megazine Letters.

| 3,425 posts

23rd Nov 2006 at 11:49 am

Megazine Letters. - You! Me! Milkshakes!

You! Me! Milkshakes!

The other bestest letter in October was "Modern Slides" by Lord Sebastian Flyte.
He got4 out of 9 votes.
Well done!

Modern Slides.

At last: a reason to visit Tate Modern that isn't to mooch in the book shop: slides! "Weeee"- that's the noise I made, hurtling down the slides; today, in class. Of course, when another type of artist takes to the slide and goes "weeee", they'll spoil it for everyone; or, as my art teacher said, "They might create a piece of folk art" - which is her euphemism for number twos.

Lord Sebastian Flyte.

"Weeees" and "twos"? Who says the Zine has gone down
the toilet?

[http://www.vegetablerevolution.co.uk/uploads/591931.jpg]

leftthisplace28-12-07

| 2,740 posts

27th Nov 2006 at 11:12 am

leftthisplace28-12-07 - Lord Sebastian Flyte.The one in white.

Lord Sebastian Flyte.The one in white.

Aw thank you [smiley=smiley_on_tredmil.gif]
I haven't been manicial all these years I have been in love! It is the exact same dreadful feeling.

Πανδώρα: Beefy cheesemas to all, and to all a gravy brie
Rayanne Graff: Happy Easter.
IGH: Just who was The Brigadier
ratammer: squeak
IGH: Wibble
Vel: *sigh*
Emma: Hi VR...
Princess Psycho: Hi I am back in the UK so how are everyone been keeping. Has Fluffy had that little accident yet?
Claire: SHOUTBOX OF VRRRRRR
Rayanne Graff: Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
Lucozade Lover: Happy New Year!
Crinkle-Cut Beatroot: Happy new year <3
Claire: BOXSHOUT
Rayanne Graff: Happy Easter.
Emma: So… Posting a new thread is Fission Mailing… so I’m putting this here.
Emma: I know there aren’t many people looking at this anymore… but I have made the decision to stop paying for the VR hosting and to let the domain lapse.
Emma: I think it will be going offline around the end of May
Emma: It’s been almost 10 years since James passed away… and I feel like it’s time.
Emma: A lot of the regulars can be found on the VR veterans group on Facebook - if you see this and you’re not in there, come join us.

One Page