Saturday Showcase - October 2006.

Posted In: Mega-Zine Chat. Reading This Thread:

Please vote for your bestest letter.

Megazine Letters.

| 3,425 posts

3rd Nov 2006 at 11:44 am

Megazine Letters. - You! Me! Milkshakes!

You! Me! Milkshakes!

Please vote for your bestest letter in October.
The closing date for all the votes is 17/11/2006.

1. Ironic punishment division.

The infra-red hand dryer at the cinema is so frustrating. It is so scatty and erratic. I believe the person who invented them should have an infra-red life support machine: sometimes it works, sometimes it completely stops for no reason and other times it burns your hands. Ha! Or I could just kick him where it really hurts... the legs!

The Salmon Of Doubt.

Try using one when you're 18 feet tall.. or going to the cinema at all, for that matter.

-----

2. TUBE TALES.

The Underground must be the most miserable place in London. Have you actually seen anyone smile, other than when you step on their toes? You need to watch the "pinchers" on the Tube, mind. They fight their way into the middle of carriages to pinch a seat at the first opportunity.
Next stop Hell. Change at Hell for more misery and Circle Line.

Junior Minister.

I thought you'd have a Jaguar and driver at the ready, JM?

-----

3. THIS CHALLENGE IS PANTS REALLY REALLY GOOD.

So Tony Blair finished his lasy Labour Party Conference as Prime Minister of the land you call United Kingerland. According to my source, a certian Mr Brownie, Tony did not wear pants during his speech as he likes the wind of free speech to breeze through him like...wind.
To be honest, I couldn't tell the difference. My eye is always drawn to his tie. Where does he get them?

Paddy Irishman.

Hmm, three letter's about TB's pants in one day? I smell a challenge. You win.

-----

4. Classy.

Charlie Brown had a red-headed girl. Our lectures have one too. She just cannot keep her mouth shut, so we're all taking bets on how long it'll be. The record (today) was seven minutes. It's a great way for the class to bond when she starts going on about how her Latin name in her reconstruction group is... something along the lines of Boudicca, but not that classy.

Elden Ray.

-----

5.Farm fashion.

If farmers are going to paint their sheep, you'd think they'd at least put some effort into it. Most sheep you see, just have a coloured blotch on their backs. Now, if I were a sheep, I'd much prefer a nice stripy pattern, maybe some emo stars... I like stars.

One Winged Angel.

-----

6. BEAUTIFOOLED.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, you say, WLW? That's just what ugly people say. If you have a face like a bag of spanners, hen I'm sorry - you're not going to win beauty pagents.
Now gurning - you might be in with a chance. Unless it's held in Cornwall, hear they're pretty good.

Dalek.

Didn't you ever hear that song "If I'm ugly then so are you?" SO there! *Blows raspberry with 20-inch tounge*.

Please vote!

[http://www.vegetablerevolution.co.uk/uploads/591931.jpg]

Rayanne Graff

| 76,001 posts

3rd Nov 2006 at 12:06 pm

Rayanne Graff - River Phoenix

River Phoenix

i'm voting for Alice, although i thought that they were all good.
*[http://www.vegetablerevolution.co.uk/uploads/549604.jpg]*

Mark Brogan

| 7,648 posts

3rd Nov 2006 at 1:34 pm

Nuh uh, I think this isn't the best bunch of letters to be honest. Sorry everyone.

Um. :-[

I'll go with Paul's because everyone on the tube is a f*cking schmunt.

Colin

| 10,038 posts

3rd Nov 2006 at 4:35 pm

Colin -

I corroborate on that, sadly. Same for the apology. But not the vote. Today is Elden Day for me.
http://www.myspace.com/papertruth
[http://www.vegetablerevolution.co.uk/resources/uploads/gerrard.jpg]

Claire

| 15,814 posts

3rd Nov 2006 at 4:55 pm

Claire - Darren is most certainly not my god!

Darren is most certainly not my god!

I vote for Paul because I find him sexually attractive.
Coloured Lilac And Insults Rarely E(Anymore)

Quote: Claire, Jun 2005
Basically, I'm just mangling and regurgitating what everyone's already said.

I’m really glad that the quote in my signature is a teenager.
Joint best Mod 2009. Officials.

Winner of most longstanding mod in the history of the internet. Or at least most resillient/lifelacking VR staff member 2012.

Vel

| 23,203 posts

3rd Nov 2006 at 5:00 pm

Vel - Marry me?

Marry me?

To be honest, it was a pretty sh*tty month Blech. But I did see better letters in there.
Wife of Amy, Sex Goddess

History For Sale

| 6,560 posts

4th Nov 2006 at 9:59 am

Now our history is for sale....

Crap letter.

Went for Gavin purely because of the ''face like a bag of spanners'' comment
I only want you to see
My favourite part of me
And not my ugly side
Not my ugly side

[http://furcadia.com/banners/images/DownloadB2.gif]

Dr Namgge

| 14,541 posts

4th Nov 2006 at 11:02 am

The first one made a chuckle, but this is a poor selection really. Was this really the best of Octobor, because Octobor was a crap month for 'Zine if it was.
A Random Link
I don't give a f*ck you f*cking f*ck!

Quote:
You should try being me, I injure myself on an hourly basis in stupid and childish ways. I nearly gave myself a heart attack this morning when I stood on a glove.

Debs|OWA

| 6,513 posts

6th Nov 2006 at 9:56 am

Debs|OWA - Scree

Scree

WOOO my second saturday showcase....but no votes T_T

Megazine Letters.

| 3,425 posts

17th Nov 2006 at 11:24 am

Megazine Letters. - You! Me! Milkshakes!

You! Me! Milkshakes!

The bestest letter in October was "Classy" by Elden Ray.
She got 3 out of 10 votes.
Well done!

Classy.

Charlie Brown had a red-headed girl. Our lectures have one too. She just cannot keep her mouth shut, so we're all taking bets on how long it'll be. The record (today) was seven minutes. It's a great way for the class to bond when she starts going on about how her Latin name in her reconstruction group is... something along the lines of Boudicca, but not that classy.

Elden Ray.

[http://www.vegetablerevolution.co.uk/uploads/591931.jpg]

Πανδώρα: Beefy cheesemas to all, and to all a gravy brie
Rayanne Graff: Happy Easter.
IGH: Just who was The Brigadier
ratammer: squeak
IGH: Wibble
Vel: *sigh*
Emma: Hi VR...
Princess Psycho: Hi I am back in the UK so how are everyone been keeping. Has Fluffy had that little accident yet?
Claire: SHOUTBOX OF VRRRRRR
Rayanne Graff: Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
Lucozade Lover: Happy New Year!
Crinkle-Cut Beatroot: Happy new year <3
Claire: BOXSHOUT
Rayanne Graff: Happy Easter.
Emma: So… Posting a new thread is Fission Mailing… so I’m putting this here.
Emma: I know there aren’t many people looking at this anymore… but I have made the decision to stop paying for the VR hosting and to let the domain lapse.
Emma: I think it will be going offline around the end of May
Emma: It’s been almost 10 years since James passed away… and I feel like it’s time.
Emma: A lot of the regulars can be found on the VR veterans group on Facebook - if you see this and you’re not in there, come join us.

One Page