Euro 2012

Posted In: Main. Reading This Thread:

Dinglebutt

| 11,949 posts

14th Jun 2012 at 7:43 pm

Dinglebutt - I aim to misbehave

I aim to misbehave

Well, I'm Irish, so obviously, I'm hoping England win because I got them in the work pool. Ireland are gone, and I couldn't give f*ck, because they're an absolute mess and were lucky to qualify at all.

Though I hope England win, my money's on Germany. I think they'll only get better as the tournament goes on
Mal: Appears we got here just in the nick of time. What does that make us?
Zoë: Big damn heroes, sir.
Mal: Ain't we just.

Rayanne Graff

| 76,001 posts

14th Jun 2012 at 7:58 pm

Rayanne Graff - River Phoenix

River Phoenix

Quote: Anniemal, Jun 2012
Thoughts on Euro 2012 so far?

I think Poland are about to get beaten to a pulp by draw 1-1 with Russia.

Cheat.
*[http://www.vegetablerevolution.co.uk/uploads/549604.jpg]*

Dinglebutt

| 11,949 posts

18th Jun 2012 at 4:07 pm

I aim to misbehave

Quote: Anniemal, Jun 2012
can anyone explain what's going on with the match schedule? A couple of days ago one match was delayed by 15 minutes to make sure it didn't overlap with the previous one; now there are two matches going on at the exact same time. It doesn't make any sense

In the first two sets of matches, the games had to be played one at a time (probably due to TV rights and such.

Now in the final matches in each group, both games have to be played at the same time so no one team has any advantage over another as these matches will largely decide who qualifies or not (eg. As both games in a group are played at the same time, one team won't know they're definitely through even if they lose and therefore not play as hard)

It is fairly stupid and pointless, but I suppose there'd be complaints otherwise

Dinglebutt

| 11,949 posts

18th Jun 2012 at 4:11 pm

I aim to misbehave

Quote: Bob Flapper, Jun 2012
I dont think we were lucky to qualify, we had the second best unbeaten run in international football.

We didn't play well in our group games, but we were in a group full of teams that have he ability to go on and win the tournament.

Yeah, but look at who we were up against in qualifying and the results we got. Unbeaten, sure. But we had a pretty easy run too. Armenia, Andorra, Macedonia, Slovakia. Even beating them, we didn't exactly win with style.

As for our Euro2012 group, yeah, we were unlucky with the draw. But at the same time, Spain, Italy and Croatia all have the ability to go on and win the tournament. But Ireland don't.

Dinglebutt

| 11,949 posts

18th Jun 2012 at 4:12 pm

I aim to misbehave

In other news, shocker that Russia and Netherlands are both out.

Dinglebutt

| 11,949 posts

22nd Jun 2012 at 1:49 pm

I aim to misbehave

Few shockers so far. Makes things interesting alright. I'd say Germany V Spain final too.

Either way, looks like I'm up €50 in the work draw anyway. Prize for who gets the most predictions right for the matches (1 point if you guess who wins, 2 points if you guess draw/penalties). They can't really catch me now unless I get every prediction wrong and they guess some matches will go to penalties.

For a guy who knows sweet FA (f*ck all, not Football Association) about football these days, I'm better at picking winners than football fans, thereby proving my point that it's all a bunch of random nonsense.

IGH: Just who was The Brigadier
ratammer: squeak
IGH: Wibble
Vel: *sigh*
Emma: Hi VR...
Princess Psycho: Hi I am back in the UK so how are everyone been keeping. Has Fluffy had that little accident yet?
Claire: SHOUTBOX OF VRRRRRR
Rayanne Graff: Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
Lucozade Lover: Happy New Year!
Crinkle-Cut Beatroot: Happy new year <3
Claire: BOXSHOUT
Rayanne Graff: Happy Easter.
Emma: So… Posting a new thread is Fission Mailing… so I’m putting this here.
Emma: I know there aren’t many people looking at this anymore… but I have made the decision to stop paying for the VR hosting and to let the domain lapse.
Emma: I think it will be going offline around the end of May
Emma: It’s been almost 10 years since James passed away… and I feel like it’s time.
Emma: A lot of the regulars can be found on the VR veterans group on Facebook - if you see this and you’re not in there, come join us.
Crinkle-Cut Beatroot: What's the facebook group called? I couldn't find it...

One Page