Fitness Thread

Posted In: Main. Reading This Thread:

SEE OTHER ACCOUNT

| 1,786 posts

26th Nov 2008 at 5:05 pm

Well, I've crept up to 13 stone, which is trash on someone who's 5'7'', mostly carrying it on my gut and my face. Also lost a lot of strength in my arms, when I had a fight with my ten year old brother, I had to try. I miss feeling in good shape and all the confidence that comes with that.

On top of everything else, I need to be healthy enough to pass the Met's fitness tests.

So, I'm having a massive unhealthy blowout this week til sunday, then starting jogging and doing push-ups and sit-ups every day. Then in the new year, I'll use some xmas money to re-join the gym.

Going to lose about a stone and get ripped by February, all goes to plan

Edited by SEE OTHER ACCOUNT Nov 2008

SEE OTHER ACCOUNT

| 1,786 posts

26th Nov 2008 at 6:20 pm

Quote: biggaginge
Quote: JoeyRamone
Well, I've crept up to 13 stone, which is trash on someone who's 5'7'', mostly carrying it on my gut and my face. Also lost a lot of strength in my arms, when I had a fight with my ten year old brother, I had to try. I miss feeling in good shape and all the confidence that comes with that.

On top of everything else, I need to be healthy enough to pass the Met's fitness tests.

So, I'm having a massive unhealthy blowout this week til sunday, then starting jogging and doing push-ups and sit-ups every day. Then in the new year, I'll use some xmas money to re-join the gym.

I'm 5'7 and weigh 14, so you should have no danger getting cut up, in fact, I'm aiming for 13 stone by the end of January! Anyways good luck, but when you become a pig, all that changes  

Good to know

Chris Kamara

| 24,049 posts

26th Nov 2008 at 6:52 pm

Chris Kamara -

Martinio, would you recco Creatine? Its for some serious lifting I'm planning post Winter Holiday break...

I'd definitely recommend Creatine and I would also recommend reading this whole page: http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/likness2.htm

Creatine makes a big difference to your endurance and training so long as you load up and take the proper amount. I'm on a cycle of 3 months probably. I loaded again last week after a fortnight off, and I'm on 5g per day until January. It's going well and I've got enough in to last the whole course, so there's no further expense.

I trained again today, it went alright, did my back and legs. Triceps tomorrow probably, and shoulders. I only train shoulders once a fortnight, 'cos they grow so quick on me.

Albert Johanneson

| 14,477 posts

26th Nov 2008 at 8:15 pm

Albert Johanneson - Outside-left

Outside-left

30 quick quad reps at 55kg
20 calf presses at 70kg
30 minutes punchbag
10 minute sauna

Not been in the mood for weights and cardio lately now that the hotel gym has a punchbag.

learrggh

| 5,671 posts

26th Nov 2008 at 9:58 pm

learrggh -

I'm 5'7 and weigh 14, so you should have no danger getting cut up, in fact, I'm aiming for 13 stone by the end of January! Anyways good luck, but when you become a pig, all that changes

I'm taller than you.

learrggh

| 5,671 posts

26th Nov 2008 at 10:29 pm

learrggh -

Quote: ApologeticSquirrel

I'm taller than you.

Aye, but I can bench about 4 times what you weigh and hit harder than you

I can flail better!

learrggh

| 5,671 posts

26th Nov 2008 at 10:30 pm

learrggh -

And I can put things on shelves you can't reach.

Albert Johanneson

| 14,477 posts

27th Nov 2008 at 9:11 am

Outside-left

Phil doesn't need to jump or use a ladder to put something on a high shelf. He merely glares at both the shelf and the thing he's putting on the shelf, and whilst trembling with fear, they do it for him.

learrggh

| 5,671 posts

27th Nov 2008 at 2:56 pm

learrggh -

I could still take Phil in a fight.

learrggh

| 5,671 posts

27th Nov 2008 at 4:32 pm

learrggh -

Quote: Lemony_Zester
You might bruise his knuckles slightly...or make a tooth impression when your face repeatedly hits his fist, but anyhow, Phil is hard in all aspects of the word.

Lol.

Albert Johanneson

| 14,477 posts

27th Nov 2008 at 8:31 pm

Outside-left

20 x 10kg bicep curls
20 x ab crunches
20 x left side ab crunches
20 x right side ab crunches
30 minutes of punchbag
15 minutes of sauna

Colin

| 10,038 posts

27th Nov 2008 at 8:46 pm

Colin -

Leah might just have the armspan to hold Phil back, y'know, like Scrappy Doo.
http://www.myspace.com/papertruth
[http://www.vegetablerevolution.co.uk/resources/uploads/gerrard.jpg]

Chris Kamara

| 24,049 posts

2nd Dec 2008 at 11:14 pm

Chris Kamara -

My gym's a waste of time for my chest now; I max out everything chest-related. I need to add more weight to make it grow more. All it's good for is maintenance. Suits me for the short-term so I can work more on my arms, stomach and back, but in a few months I'll likely have to look at finding a better-equipped gym.

I've probably got enough muscle all over me to start cutting away at the fat now, but with Christmas coming up it's not an ideal time to start, so I'm gonna maintain muscle over the next month, then drop fat.

Then start on the proper heavy weights at a new place, unless they make some serious improvements where I am now.

learrggh

| 5,671 posts

3rd Dec 2008 at 6:36 pm

learrggh -

Did chest yesterday lunch, have dropped down to 90kg as I know seem to have lost a 1/4 stone in the last week & a half, gonna take it easy on the bench till the newyear then on the Creatine. Did 2 sets at 30kg in the evening as well then a 45 minute sweat a thon on the crosser.

Feel like sh*t today, so did arms at lunch and binned the cardio off as I want to rest up before the weekend. Also pretty sure I'll be binning off the booze for extended periods of time after Chrimbo, at least until I get down to 13 stone.

Bit p*ssed off that I wont be able to do any running for a while, but I dont want to hurt my shins any more.

Overall, really please with my progress over the past 6 months, hopefully I'll be looking like this by July but with a better chest and thighs like giant redwoods.c

[http://news.xinhuanet.com/english/2007-11/12/xinsrc_2421104122055328859611.jpg]

You wish.

Albert Johanneson

| 14,477 posts

4th Dec 2008 at 1:33 am

Outside-left

Quote: ApologeticSquirrel
Did chest yesterday lunch, have dropped down to 90kg as I know seem to have lost a 1/4 stone in the last week & a half, gonna take it easy on the bench till the newyear then on the Creatine. Did 2 sets at 30kg in the evening as well then a 45 minute sweat a thon on the crosser.

Feel like sh*t today, so did arms at lunch and binned the cardio off as I want to rest up before the weekend. Also pretty sure I'll be binning off the booze for extended periods of time after Chrimbo, at least until I get down to 13 stone.

Bit p*ssed off that I wont be able to do any running for a while, but I dont want to hurt my shins any more.

Overall, really please with my progress over the past 6 months, hopefully I'll be looking like this by July but with a better chest and thighs like giant redwoods.c

[http://news.xinhuanet.com/english/2007-11/12/xinsrc_2421104122055328859611.jpg]

You wish.  

I'm on my way  

You tell that wh*re, Phillip.

Dissimulation

| 5,671 posts

7th Dec 2008 at 8:10 pm

Dissimulation -

Went for a run today down in the New Forest. The Plan was to do a fairly easy 5 mile run, which would take me around an hour. I left just before 1pm expecting to be back for lunch at 2pm. Stupidly, I took a wrong turning and got completely lost. Kept running the whole time and eventually I made it back - at five past three. Somehow an extra hour had passed and when I measured the distance on google earth, getting lost had added an extra 5 miles to the distance.

I didnt even know I could run 10 miles. 1700 calories burnt mind, so I dont feel too guilty about all the junk Ive eaten this weekend now.

Albert Johanneson

| 14,477 posts

7th Dec 2008 at 8:45 pm

Outside-left

3 sessions on the punchbag this week @ 30 minutes each
Assorted weight work concentrating on the upper body. Everything moved up 7kgs, biceps and triceps moved up 2kgs.

Next week is torso and lats.

Chris Kamara

| 24,049 posts

8th Dec 2008 at 6:35 pm

Chris Kamara -

Hammered biceps and triceps today and pleasingly I've noticed I'm lifting more than before with my triceps. A sure sign I'm on the right track with them. I gave my biceps a 40 minute session and they still feel tight and pumped up now. Forearms are improving as well. Can't wait for chest and back tomorrow.

Chris Kamara

| 24,049 posts

8th Dec 2008 at 11:56 pm

Chris Kamara -

Made an impulsive purchase earlier and ordered some protein powder from Asda at £17 instead of my usual Maximuscle at £30 odd.. hopefully it won't be a regrettable decision.

Albert Johanneson

| 14,477 posts

9th Dec 2008 at 10:00 pm

Outside-left

Good session today. It's amazing how much difference going with someone and talking whilst you're working out makes. We found that 90 minutes flew by without much pain.

20 x bicep pull @ 80kg
20 x lateral pull @ 60kg
20 x tricep pull @ 80kg
30 x bicep curls @ 10kg
20 x chest press @ 30kg (should be alot more, i know)
5 minute stair-sprint
35 minute punchbag session
15 minute sauna @ 80 degrees celcius

Chris Kamara

| 24,049 posts

9th Dec 2008 at 11:11 pm

Chris Kamara -

I don't even know what I lift anymore, I'll have to take more notice tomorrow. All the plates are numbered at my place so I go off that instead of weight. Depending on the machine they increment by 5kg or 10kg.

Did my chest and lats today and it went swimmingly. Shoulders and perhaps triceps again tomorrow. Thursday it'll be lats and biceps, and Friday I can't go.

Chris Kamara

| 24,049 posts

10th Dec 2008 at 6:55 pm

Chris Kamara -

Another sound session in the gym, did shoulders and triceps. Triceps are murdering me now, pleasingly. Tomorrow's session can't come soon enough.

Chris Kamara

| 24,049 posts

11th Dec 2008 at 7:33 pm

Chris Kamara -

Hammered the gym again, had even longer than normal as I got there pretty soon after work. Ended up doing three parts: chest, biceps and lats.

I'll be having 3 days off now, and it'll go a long way; a rest is much needed.

Chris Kamara

| 24,049 posts

18th Dec 2008 at 6:41 pm

Chris Kamara -

Had to miss Monday's session due to a pulled muscle at football on Sunday (3 hour session). It wasn't too bad though, so I was at the gym on Tuesday and did a good chest workout. Wednesday I did triceps and biceps, and today was shoulders and lats. Tomorrow shall be whatever takes my fancy.

Vel: *sigh*
Emma: Hi VR...
Princess Psycho: Hi I am back in the UK so how are everyone been keeping. Has Fluffy had that little accident yet?
Claire: SHOUTBOX OF VRRRRRR
Rayanne Graff: Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
Lucozade Lover: Happy New Year!
Crinkle-Cut Beatroot: Happy new year <3
Claire: BOXSHOUT
Rayanne Graff: Happy Easter.
Emma: So… Posting a new thread is Fission Mailing… so I’m putting this here.
Emma: I know there aren’t many people looking at this anymore… but I have made the decision to stop paying for the VR hosting and to let the domain lapse.
Emma: I think it will be going offline around the end of May
Emma: It’s been almost 10 years since James passed away… and I feel like it’s time.
Emma: A lot of the regulars can be found on the VR veterans group on Facebook - if you see this and you’re not in there, come join us.
Crinkle-Cut Beatroot: What's the facebook group called? I couldn't find it...
Πανδώρα: MUHAHAHAHAHA!
IGH: And so it ends
Captain Spiky: I've just been loving life, going through the photos in the Meets gallery. so many awesome people that I loved hanging out with

Page: