They grow up so fast?

Posted In: Main. Reading This Thread:

Chris Kamara

| 24,049 posts

23rd Mar 2005 at 11:50 am

Chris Kamara -

ahaha, that post made me laugh Alice. I'd agree, but, I think it was like that when we/you were that age, but we/you were just not aware of it.

Topper

| 6,773 posts

23rd Mar 2005 at 11:52 am

Topper - Dismantling a person is sometimes necessary...

Dismantling a person is sometimes necessary...

I blame the Media. It's all their fault.
I hope some day, for some reason, David Duchovny is investigated by the FBI. Because that would make a great story.

http://www.myspace.com/toppercutter

Chris Kamara

| 24,049 posts

23rd Mar 2005 at 11:53 am

Chris Kamara -

Media and those Turkey Twizzlers, of course.

Topper

| 6,773 posts

23rd Mar 2005 at 11:59 am

Man, you've patronised me for the last time, I'm freakin' fed up with it. Fecking.

I am the Media.
I hope some day, for some reason, David Duchovny is investigated by the FBI. Because that would make a great story.

Turtle

| 3,404 posts

23rd Mar 2005 at 2:16 pm

Bleeding heck that annoys me.Little girls are growing up so fast and acting like adults trapped in pre pubescent bodies.Its gross. The other day I was walking around the school with my friend and I saw a year 8 feeling up her boyfriend.THIRD BASE.In year 8!Its crazyness! Absolutely ridiculous.
Its not just them, you have 8 year olds coping dirty dancing moves and singing Candy Shop-really bad song by 50 cent containing a line "i'll take you to the candy shop, i'll let you lick the lollipop". Luckily for that 8 year old she has me as her older, wiser cousin so I slapped her around the head but some arent going to be as lucky as her.
Poor souls.

Edited by Turtle Mar 2005

Killallchavs

| 503 posts

23rd Mar 2005 at 2:32 pm

Killallchavs -

i don't think we ever used to be like that. but then again, i grew up on a diet of twelve sided nerdery and an obsession with final fantasy so there you go..
The ziner once known as The Fifth Bulldog

Eggplant

| 28 posts

23rd Mar 2005 at 2:43 pm

Eggplant - i've fuck all to say a lotta the time

i've fuck all to say a lotta the time

christ, i hate the way some kids dress these dayz. it's like 'work them street corners much?' and the guys aint that much better either, with thier strange hairdo's and icky lanyard thingy's and thier 'ice' thinkin they're bling

Elusive Moose

| 8,546 posts

23rd Mar 2005 at 4:08 pm

Elusive Moose - Get your Antlers on

Get your Antlers on

Some of year had to have been like that at that age, but I reckon the majority of us were innocent little things. Nowadays though, non-school uniform days are like walking round a Red Light district. The last one we had it was absolutely freezing out, yet there were girls in tiny little skirts and tops that covered nothing. Obviously it's not all of them, but you only really notice the ones that are like that.

And Denesha- by third are you talk hand or mouth? Actually, it doesn't matter- both are WRONG when you are 12/13!

But it's not even just sexual development. People in the lower years behave so much worse than our year did. Obviously we had a few troublemakers, but it just seems like there's about 10 horrible kids for every half-decent one nowadays. We were petrified of the upper school when we started, yet now they don't seem to give a sh*t- bikes are stolen, abuse is yelled, they just don't seem to care. It's not even just older years. I've been in a couple of year 9 classes this year, and christ do the teachers have to put up with so much abuse.

Meh, I sound like an old woman, but it's true. So many kids really do suck these days. And from what Denesha's saying, it seems like it's in more ways than one...
"You can't roast infants. You just don't get away with it."- a life lesson for us all.

Wife of  Phil the Lawful Hippo. Imagine the children!

The Disneyafied Adventures of Me

Turtle

| 3,404 posts

23rd Mar 2005 at 4:43 pm

Her hand was down his pants. It was child p*rn. So wrong on so many levels! I like the base system.I plan to implement it back into everyday vocabulary.
First base- kissing
Second base- under bra action
Third base- under trouser action (this can include hand or mouth)
Fourth base- Full blown sex.

Actually in my school I noticed that the year below us were so much mature than us, not just in sexual development (little wh*res) but in the way they interacted with others. While my year had water fights and played nipple tag, they were taking part in debates, broke a couple of school records and were really nice to teachers. So I guess their maturity was an advantage to them as they knew how to deal with adults on that level so I guess sex was the next logical step for them in a way. I mean, they are a bunch of really mature kids and their maturity has advantages (interaction with adults) and disadvantages (teen pregnancy).

Of course this is not true of every increasingly mature year, as the current year 7 males are little f*ckwits who deserve to be made eunuchs.

Topper

| 6,773 posts

24th Mar 2005 at 11:40 am

Making a comparison with youth nowadays and youth "back in't day" is actually quite pointless as our perception is frigged man, frigged.

Good thread though, good for a moan.

Elusive Moose

| 8,546 posts

24th Mar 2005 at 11:46 am

Get your Antlers on

The rude words in dictionary thing is something you never grow out of though, it just progresses to looking up foreign rude words. The height of maturedom
"You can't roast infants. You just don't get away with it."- a life lesson for us all.

Topper

| 6,773 posts

24th Mar 2005 at 11:49 am

Quote: Elusive_Moose_
The rude words in dictionary thing is something you never grow out of though, it just progresses to looking up foreign rude words. The height of maturedom

I'm still on the English rude words, evidence If I ever needed it that I have a stunted, child-like brain.

Chris Kamara

| 24,049 posts

24th Mar 2005 at 11:52 am

Chris Kamara -

Quote: Ding_Dang_Do_
Ah little schoolies. I wouldn't know about much but i do know i am distubed when an 11 year old asks to borrow a fag.

ahaha, last night i was going into tesco and two kids who cant have been older than ten or eleven asked me - not to buy them fags - but to buy them beer! I laughed lots. their faces were blank, almost as though they were thinking 'how dare you not buy me beer'. but really, its incredible, ten (ish) years old. at ten, i wasn't even drinking fizzy pop.

Topper

| 6,773 posts

24th Mar 2005 at 12:02 pm

Quote: martin_

ahaha, last night i was going into tesco and two kids who cant have been older than ten or eleven asked me - not to buy them fags - but to buy them beer! I laughed lots. their faces were blank, almost as though they were thinking 'how dare you not buy me beer'. but really, its incredible, ten (ish) years old. at ten, i wasn't even drinking fizzy pop.

I know that experience well. Not exactly of course, that'd be a case for Mulder (although not Scully, she'd probably just try and find a Scientific explanation and that would be a boring episode).
I was asked to buy booze by a huuuge group of kids that can't of been too much older than the kids in your example and I have to say, because of the size of the group, I was a little intimidated, but I still said no. Well, I actually said: "Sorry, I've got no time" When I was going in the shop anyway. A good trick is to pretend to be French and say "Je ne comprehend".

Elusive Moose

| 8,546 posts

24th Mar 2005 at 12:19 pm

Get your Antlers on

Quote: Suzy_Turquoise_Blue_

However, the most I was taught in Ukrainian was "old cow" and "pig." Not impressed.

My Grandma can't even remember that in Yiddish- just random little phrases. Muhness.

If you really want some Ukranian swearing though, there's always the wonders of www.foreignword.com. It's quite accurate for most things so impress your parents

Chris Kamara

| 24,049 posts

24th Mar 2005 at 2:56 pm

Chris Kamara -

every under 18 in the country should be made to do 6 months service to the army, or something. that'd straighten them out. actually, make it under-21, seeing as im 19.

Albi The Racist Dragon

| 7,432 posts

24th Mar 2005 at 3:10 pm

Quote: martin_
every under 18 in the country should be made to do 6 months service to the army, or something. that'd straighten them out. actually, make it under-21, seeing as im 19.

Yeah, coz teaching the kids to be bigots would really help the country.
[http://card.mygamercard.net/gbar/joelsaysyeah.gif]

[http://www.vegetablerevolution.co.uk/uploads/698876.jpg]

Chris Kamara

| 24,049 posts

24th Mar 2005 at 3:13 pm

Chris Kamara -

they'd learn some respect and morales. and they'd have a proper diet and be active.

Rainbow

| 1,219 posts

24th Mar 2005 at 3:15 pm

Is the avatar upload thing broken?

But they'd be forced into the army.
I don't like that idea at all...

Chris Kamara

| 24,049 posts

24th Mar 2005 at 3:16 pm

Chris Kamara -

lol, well its ok, it won't happen.

Chris Kamara

| 24,049 posts

24th Mar 2005 at 4:48 pm

Chris Kamara -

yeah maybe something like that. it was only a tongue in cheek idea, but theres good points and bad points to it. various 'subsitutes' to that are probably just as viable, but i'd have jumped at the chance of doing army training when i was younger. there's a lot to be learned. still will join one day.

Albi The Racist Dragon

| 7,432 posts

25th Mar 2005 at 1:53 pm

Its a pretty stupid old-fashioned notion that discipline can only be excerted by a state-sponsored instructor, who teaches outdated values.

Incidentally, is it really so bad that kids act differently nowadays? Times change. You all sound so middle-aged. I bet some old people who stumble accross this website would be like "look at all these kids having viewpoints, kids should be seen and not heard, if I said that when I was a kid I'd get a belt round my head, yada yada yada..."
[http://card.mygamercard.net/gbar/joelsaysyeah.gif]

[http://www.vegetablerevolution.co.uk/uploads/698876.jpg]

Elusive Moose

| 8,546 posts

25th Mar 2005 at 6:18 pm

Get your Antlers on

The above post pretty much sums up my thoughts on the matter. Obviously kids are going to act differently, it's not like we're expecting them to live in the past. But when acting differently means that 11-12 year olds are dressing like hookers, being promiscuous and being absolute sh*ts to teachers then that sort of acting differently is not good. Or acceptable IMO.

I know it's not all kids, but it seems to be an increasingly large number of them. Maybe we do sound middle aged, but that's just my opinion on the matter.

Lady_Lestat

| 1,357 posts

25th Mar 2005 at 6:36 pm

Lady_Lestat - 'I've Been Embalmed!'

'I've Been Embalmed!'

I know exactly what you mean.
Sheesh, kids nowadays!
I have noticed, they are alot more 'grown up' for their age.
Something that I have noticed is that kids aren't afraid to tell you where to go if they don't like you whereas when I was a year 7 everyone was terrified of the older kids! Nowadays I get abuse from little year 7 sh*ts who don't even know me and I can't believe it!

Lady_Lestat

| 1,357 posts

25th Mar 2005 at 6:37 pm

'I've Been Embalmed!'

Quote: Caged_Liberty_
My point remains that I don't want to see little girls dressed like hookers.

I'd agree with that too. I wonder what has caused this change?

Lady_Lestat

| 1,357 posts

25th Mar 2005 at 6:46 pm

'I've Been Embalmed!'

Quote: spleen_queen_

britney spears

Maybe.

Will

| 6,984 posts

26th Mar 2005 at 12:10 pm

One of my sisters friends (who is TEN) was boasting a while back about having sex. I doubt it was true - but still, they're in that frame of mind.

There are obvious reasons for it all around us though. Clothes, TV programmes, pop stars - they're all very sexually suggestive. Sex education is done way too early as well. Its just how things work - morals get lower as time goes on.

Chris Kamara

| 24,049 posts

26th Mar 2005 at 4:59 pm

Chris Kamara -

Quote: The_Doctor_
Here's a little something for you. My thirteen year old cousin had a pair of earrings that she snapped. My Grandma went out and bought her a pair that were identical to the first, the only difference was that they were from a different shop and cost a bit less. As soon as my bratty cousin got them out of the bag and saw that they were cheaper she threw them on the floor and shouted that they were no good RIGHT IN FRONT OF MY GRANDMA!

i wouldn't DREAM of doing that!

earrings are just not my thing.

Πανδώρα: Beefy cheesemas to all, and to all a gravy brie
Rayanne Graff: Happy Easter.
IGH: Just who was The Brigadier
ratammer: squeak
IGH: Wibble
Vel: *sigh*
Emma: Hi VR...
Princess Psycho: Hi I am back in the UK so how are everyone been keeping. Has Fluffy had that little accident yet?
Claire: SHOUTBOX OF VRRRRRR
Rayanne Graff: Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
Lucozade Lover: Happy New Year!
Crinkle-Cut Beatroot: Happy new year <3
Claire: BOXSHOUT
Rayanne Graff: Happy Easter.
Emma: So… Posting a new thread is Fission Mailing… so I’m putting this here.
Emma: I know there aren’t many people looking at this anymore… but I have made the decision to stop paying for the VR hosting and to let the domain lapse.
Emma: I think it will be going offline around the end of May
Emma: It’s been almost 10 years since James passed away… and I feel like it’s time.
Emma: A lot of the regulars can be found on the VR veterans group on Facebook - if you see this and you’re not in there, come join us.

Page: