Alcohol

Posted In: Main. Reading This Thread:

Vel

| 23,203 posts

21st Sept 2004 at 2:25 pm

Vel - Marry me?

Marry me?

Everytime my friends drink it they get extroverted and immensely cheerful, but when I do, I always end up depressed, in tears and very introverted. I don't drink nearly as much as they do, but still it doesn't seem right/normal.
Does anyone have any ideas why, and has this happened to any of you?
Thanks.
Wife of Amy, Sex Goddess

Chris Kamara

| 24,049 posts

21st Sept 2004 at 2:31 pm

Chris Kamara -

perhaps someone is telling you you're not a drinker?!

Lucozade Lover

| 8,558 posts

21st Sept 2004 at 4:03 pm

Lucozade Lover -

Drinking like that isn't the best way to have a good time, and some people are good fakers too.

On a practical level, you could be drinking either too much for your system as you might put it, or, you could be drinking a substance which upsets you. I find drinking vodka is a no no for me as it makes me angry. Cider is generally ok provided i avoid it at times when i am unhappy or nervous. So now I follow those rules I'm all right. Maybe whatever you are drinking just doesn't agree with you. I'd suggest trying something else and seeing if you get the same thing happen. Of course, if you mix drinks then this would b*gger up the experiment entirely!

Good luck in finding the cause.

ANBY v3.0

| 7,728 posts

21st Sept 2004 at 4:11 pm

ANBY v3.0 - Officially female according to Pamplemeese Decree.

Officially female according to Pamplemeese Decree.

It has that effect on me sometimes, too. I suppose it just depends on the situation, and how you interact with the group.
Rupert didn't win the Best Signature Award. He does not exist.

Turtle

| 3,404 posts

21st Sept 2004 at 7:56 pm

I can get depressed but its down to little things that will set me off.I will be giggling and playing hide and seek but if I lose I will cry my eyes out.Or if it starts raining I'll cry.
But mainly I'm like a damn child.
On friday I got drunk on the way to school and I was still able to balance all my equations and answer every single question she asked me.My teacher even let me play with lithium.But once Peter let go of my arm I would fall over.So I can be smart but only if someone is holding me up so I wont talk about how my lips are numb and my legs are like tree trunks that can move.

petal

| 887 posts

21st Sept 2004 at 8:02 pm

petal - What kind of cartwheels do I have to pull?

What kind of cartwheels do I have to pull?

Alcohol used to make me very jolly and such, but recently it just makes me quiet and unhappy..never violent though. I haven't drank for ages due to this (shut it Phil ).What's the point? I have a better time sober and I hate the taste.
Wife of Dr. Robb phd.

Elusive Moose

| 8,546 posts

21st Sept 2004 at 8:25 pm

Elusive Moose - Get your Antlers on

Get your Antlers on

My friend used to have some issues that made him unhappy, and when he drunk all these problems were maximised, and he got violent too. Then something happened to resolve these, and whilst he was genuinely happy, when he drunk he was happy too.

I mean, that's just one person, and you don't strike me as being terminally unhappy, Alice, so I'm not sure... I'm going to shut up now...
"You can't roast infants. You just don't get away with it."- a life lesson for us all.

Wife of  Phil the Lawful Hippo. Imagine the children!

The Disneyafied Adventures of Me

Mark Brogan

| 7,648 posts

21st Sept 2004 at 8:43 pm

it really does depend with me. i am usually really happy, but if something is on my mind, or i have loads, I will suddenly get really over-emotional. really, a 'Pink' song got me crying once.

Jingle

| 4,578 posts

21st Sept 2004 at 9:45 pm

Jingle - WOO-HAH!

WOO-HAH!

That Pink song is pure evil though, don't worry. I agree with Amy in that alcohol exaggerates any mood you are already in when you start drinking. It can also make you paranoid, which may be why you become emotional.

Tinkerbell

| 1,023 posts

21st Sept 2004 at 10:20 pm

Tinkerbell - Its Jah Love That Im Waiting On

Its Jah Love That Im Waiting On

Well I always seem to have a fantastic time when im a little drunk as I find it gives me the confidence that i dont usually have I like it because i feel free and i dont care what others think, i dont like the hangovers though
It also depends on who i am around, if im around people who make me feel good and make me laugh then i have an even better time
I only know of one friend *cough cough han* who has given up drinking as it makes her feel like crap which is a little boring for me if im getting drunk on my own Maybe if you are drinking spirits like vodka that they are too much for your system and make you feel bad, try lighter drinks like cider or just have a few alcopops Hope You have better times drinking in the future
Excuse me while I light my spliff
Good God I gotta take a lift
From reality I just can't drift
That's why I am staying with this riff

Wibble

| 5,323 posts

21st Sept 2004 at 10:32 pm

scapegoat extraordinaire

Quote: Jingle_
I agree with Amy in that alcohol exaggerates any mood you are already in when you start drinking. It can also make you paranoid, which may be why you become emotional.

Agreed. Alcohol just tends to make me giggly and in a lovable mood. Occasionally reflective over things, but never unhappy or angry, although I don't drink that much so maybe it's just a case of me not experiencing that yet... or something. I find that my mood is largely affected by who I'm with though.

Pope of Chilli Town

| 12,089 posts

21st Sept 2004 at 10:55 pm

Pope of Chilli Town -

It depends who im with really, a while back I was pretty distraught about something, and getting smashed and having a p*ss about round town was the best way to take my mind off it, other times Ive sat with a bottle of whiskey not feeling to optimistic.

Vel

| 23,203 posts

22nd Sept 2004 at 1:49 pm

Vel - Marry me?

Marry me?

I dunno, I don't drink too heavy stuff like my friends do, but I hate the taste of beer. So I drink alchopops-but not a lot. I find I can still speak clearly and walk in a straight line and everything (and my balance is no worse than normal), 'tis just a sucky thing.
But thanks
Wife of Amy, Sex Goddess

Albi The Racist Dragon

| 7,432 posts

22nd Sept 2004 at 2:39 pm

It depends a lot on your mood when you start. If you're unhappy beforehand, it can heighten that and lead to your floods of tears etc. If you start with a positive mindset, it's a lot more fun.

Incidentally, there's always one woman crying in the corner of any party. It's the law.
[http://card.mygamercard.net/gbar/joelsaysyeah.gif]

[http://www.vegetablerevolution.co.uk/uploads/698876.jpg]

panda_juice

| 56 posts

22nd Sept 2004 at 2:58 pm

panda_juice - i rape vegetables

i rape vegetables

and lets not forget , theres always a man dumb/desperate/horny enough to take her home/upstairs/outside..
hikeys boyfriend

Lucozade Lover

| 8,558 posts

22nd Sept 2004 at 5:09 pm

Lucozade Lover -

Quote: panda_juice_
and lets not forget , theres always a man dumb/desperate/horny enough to take her home/upstairs/outside..

Yes, a cautionary warning for anyone. Sometimes when my eyes have started to glaze a bit towards the end of a night I'll notice some bloke stood next to me at the bar staring at me, at which point I get indignant and walk away, anywhere, as far away as possible. Euurk! That inspires me to wanna sober up as fast as possible as you can imagine!!

Banned Skywalker

| 1,703 posts

23rd Sept 2004 at 11:05 am

I love the Villa Revolution! Hail the Republic

In my opinion Alcohol is good, even if it kills you. So does smoking, breathing walking, eating, every think really, in my opinion. Alcohol is the true God in my opinion.

Edited by Banned Skywalker Sept 2004
I'm an eejit.

Lucozade Lover

| 8,558 posts

23rd Sept 2004 at 11:38 am

Lucozade Lover -

Quote: Luke_Skywalker_
In my opinion Alcohol is good, even if it kills you. So does smoking, breathing walking, eating, every think really, in my opion. Alcohol is the true God in my opinion.

There's always one.

Banned Skywalker

| 1,703 posts

23rd Sept 2004 at 12:14 pm

Unless I have cloned myself.
I'm an eejit.

Vel

| 23,203 posts

23rd Sept 2004 at 1:58 pm

Vel - Marry me?

Marry me?

Please don't, think of all the trees you'd kill.
Wife of Amy, Sex Goddess

ANBY v3.0

| 7,728 posts

23rd Sept 2004 at 2:47 pm

ANBY v3.0 - Officially female according to Pamplemeese Decree.

Officially female according to Pamplemeese Decree.

O-o-o-o-o-o-h-h!!!!
Rupert didn't win the Best Signature Award. He does not exist.

Lucozade Lover

| 8,558 posts

23rd Sept 2004 at 10:13 pm

Lucozade Lover -

Quote: Luke_Skywalker_
Unless I have cloned myself.

Luke, stop it now!

Banned Skywalker

| 1,703 posts

24th Sept 2004 at 12:33 pm

Ignites lightsabre and decapitates all his clones, puts heads into the oven to cook for the main course.
I'm an eejit.

Vel

| 23,203 posts

24th Sept 2004 at 3:40 pm

Vel - Marry me?

Marry me?

PLEASE NOTE R SKYW*NKER, THIS WAS SERIOUS AND NOT DON'T DELETE IT...

Some people have tendencies to worry a lot.

However, at this moment I would suggest putting your head in the over would be an excellent idea. Perhaps the best one you'll ever have.
Wife of Amy, Sex Goddess

TinyShine

| 2,144 posts

24th Sept 2004 at 3:50 pm

TinyShine -

I don't drink at all, mainly as i've seen alcohol have so many negative effects on friends and family. I also just don't like the taste :S Peach Snaps is as far as i've ever went, wooo hardcore! hehe. I'm such a lightweight!

Alcohol is technically a depressive, so i can see why it makes you emotional Alice. *huuugs* *chocolate buttons*

Sarah xx

Πανδώρα: Beefy cheesemas to all, and to all a gravy brie
Rayanne Graff: Happy Easter.
IGH: Just who was The Brigadier
ratammer: squeak
IGH: Wibble
Vel: *sigh*
Emma: Hi VR...
Princess Psycho: Hi I am back in the UK so how are everyone been keeping. Has Fluffy had that little accident yet?
Claire: SHOUTBOX OF VRRRRRR
Rayanne Graff: Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
Lucozade Lover: Happy New Year!
Crinkle-Cut Beatroot: Happy new year <3
Claire: BOXSHOUT
Rayanne Graff: Happy Easter.
Emma: So… Posting a new thread is Fission Mailing… so I’m putting this here.
Emma: I know there aren’t many people looking at this anymore… but I have made the decision to stop paying for the VR hosting and to let the domain lapse.
Emma: I think it will be going offline around the end of May
Emma: It’s been almost 10 years since James passed away… and I feel like it’s time.
Emma: A lot of the regulars can be found on the VR veterans group on Facebook - if you see this and you’re not in there, come join us.

One Page