Theology and Ethics

Posted In: Main. Reading This Thread:

petal

| 887 posts

21st Sept 2004 at 10:38 am

petal - What kind of cartwheels do I have to pull?

What kind of cartwheels do I have to pull?

Well, it's that time of year guys when members bore you to death with rambling on about the subjects they're taking
So has anyone got annnything to say about this subject?
It's very very good actually, I'm currently learning about Plato's theory of life and his 'forms'.
Do you think we live in the real world?

I love this subject, it makes me feel like a true hippy, oh and it rocks, oh and it's not the same as religion
Wife of Dr. Robb phd.

Wibble

| 5,323 posts

21st Sept 2004 at 3:47 pm

scapegoat extraordinaire

Wow, nicely timed thinkysomeness to prepare me for watching the Matrix. Thankyou

learrggh

| 5,670 posts

21st Sept 2004 at 3:55 pm

learrggh -

Quote: petal_
It's very very good actually, I'm currently learning about Plato's theory of life and his 'forms'.
Do you think we live in the real world?

There's no way of proving it either way.

I don't know. I can't tell.

And as far as I remember, there's an error with Plato's theory of 'forms'. I'll have to look it up, but there's an alarm going off in the dense fog of my head.

petal

| 887 posts

21st Sept 2004 at 7:50 pm

Quote: Wibble_
Wow, nicely timed thinkysomeness to prepare me for watching the Matrix. Thankyou

we get to watch that in class how cool is this lesson?
Wife of Dr. Robb phd.

petal

| 887 posts

21st Sept 2004 at 7:54 pm

Quote: Calico_Jack_

There's no way of proving it either way.

I don't know. I can't tell.

And as far as I remember, there's an error with Plato's theory of 'forms'. I'll have to look it up, but there's an alarm going off in the dense fog of my head.

yeah, most of us (and by 'us' I mean my fellow philosophers and I ) think it's a pile of poo, still interesting though.
Wife of Dr. Robb phd.

Mark Brogan

| 7,648 posts

21st Sept 2004 at 9:12 pm

meh hehe, seriously? the matrix?

um, who knows, who knows

you know what drives me insane when I am thinking about the world? well, not only what was before the time before the time before (cannot understand it at all) but also, if we are just organisms and stuff, and basically just animals, why, why do we live in a world where we now feel the need to go out, get a job , have money.......the world doesn't actually NEED us to do all that.

petal

| 887 posts

21st Sept 2004 at 9:17 pm

TryIng to subliminAlly tell us soMething, Hannah? I think the evidence speaks fOr itself!

I, Robert Peter Besnon, accuse thee, Petal, of beiNg a witch! A WITCH!

And whY? Because she is secretly trying to tell the other witches about her true 'form'!

Hmm and what sort of subliminal message are you trying to tell us Robbie?
Wife of Dr. Robb phd.

Tinkerbell

| 1,023 posts

22nd Sept 2004 at 7:53 am

Tinkerbell - Its Jah Love That Im Waiting On

Its Jah Love That Im Waiting On

Started to watch the matrix in class the other day and well i enjoyed it but its a bit hard to, err, understand
Maybe because i should've payed more attention *slaps face* I shall watch it again as it was a catchy movie
I think your world is what you want it to be and then someone up there throws problems atcha for you to deal with like in a computer game or something hmm !
Excuse me while I light my spliff
Good God I gotta take a lift
From reality I just can't drift
That's why I am staying with this riff

Mancomb Seepgood

| 3,455 posts

24th Sept 2004 at 11:18 pm

Mancomb Seepgood - Grog me.

Grog me.

Here's a tip. Punch yourself incredibly hard in the face. If it hurts then you're real and you can carry on living a happy little life but if it doesn't hurt then you're a freak. And not real. Or made of liquid or some stuff like that. Anyway. Who cares? That's the most important question. Or why the hell has evolution seemed to stop? Explain that Darwin. I've never seen a monkey give birth to anything other than a monkey. Actually I've never seen a monkey give birth at all but my point is in there somewhere. I hate my fingers sometimes.
If I could get an orange that was as low-maintenance as an apple, I'd be a happy man

Πανδώρα: Beefy cheesemas to all, and to all a gravy brie
Rayanne Graff: Happy Easter.
IGH: Just who was The Brigadier
ratammer: squeak
IGH: Wibble
Vel: *sigh*
Emma: Hi VR...
Princess Psycho: Hi I am back in the UK so how are everyone been keeping. Has Fluffy had that little accident yet?
Claire: SHOUTBOX OF VRRRRRR
Rayanne Graff: Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
Lucozade Lover: Happy New Year!
Crinkle-Cut Beatroot: Happy new year <3
Claire: BOXSHOUT
Rayanne Graff: Happy Easter.
Emma: So… Posting a new thread is Fission Mailing… so I’m putting this here.
Emma: I know there aren’t many people looking at this anymore… but I have made the decision to stop paying for the VR hosting and to let the domain lapse.
Emma: I think it will be going offline around the end of May
Emma: It’s been almost 10 years since James passed away… and I feel like it’s time.
Emma: A lot of the regulars can be found on the VR veterans group on Facebook - if you see this and you’re not in there, come join us.

One Page