New Now thinking thread.

Posted In: Spam. Reading This Thread:

Rayanne Graff

| 75,117 posts

16th Sept 2020 at 11:37 am

Rayanne Graff - River Phoenix

River Phoenix

Ugh, one of my neighbours is listening to blurred lines.
*[http://www.vegetablerevolution.co.uk/uploads/549604.jpg]*

Πανδώρα

| 15,316 posts

27th Sept 2020 at 12:18 am

Πανδώρα -

I need to pee.
But it's so cold.
*burp*

Dinglebutt

| 11,949 posts

6th Oct 2020 at 2:43 pm

Dinglebutt - I aim to misbehave

I aim to misbehave

Friend I haven't really spoken to in a while just called me and invited me to interview for a job at the company he works at, as I've said before his job has a lot of things I'd like to do (we have same qualifications, but it's a wide area of extpertise with different job roles under).

I've been working where I am for 12 years now. I am comfortable here, but I do have issues with it, much of which I've raised before but been told there's basically nothing they can do. It's also a small company so I've pretty much gotten to as high a level as I can until one of the bosses retires, which could be another 12 years.

The new job would involve some things I have little experience of, but think I'd be capable of. On the other hand I have most of my current job nailed at this point. But me leaving could have a huge effect on the company given how involved I am in some of our jobs and clients, and it'd be really hard to do that to my bosses.

Pay is similar, benefits are maybe a bit better in the new company... Current company wouldn't be able to offer me anything more given the way things are at the moment, whereas the other company are much larger and involved in a different part of the industry and are largely covid/recession proof.

F*ck, I don't know what to do... Friend told me I shouldn't go for it unless I really wanted it, but I don't know if I really want it or not because I just haven't thought about it, but there's also a ticking clock on the application, would need to submit this week.
Mal: Appears we got here just in the nick of time. What does that make us?
Zoë: Big damn heroes, sir.
Mal: Ain't we just.

Dinglebutt

| 11,949 posts

8th Oct 2020 at 2:04 pm

I aim to misbehave

Quote: Dinglebutt, Oct 2020
Friend I haven't really spoken to in a while just called me and invited me to interview for a job at the company he works at, as I've said before his job has a lot of things I'd like to do (we have same qualifications, but it's a wide area of extpertise with different job roles under).

I've been working where I am for 12 years now. I am comfortable here, but I do have issues with it, much of which I've raised before but been told there's basically nothing they can do. It's also a small company so I've pretty much gotten to as high a level as I can until one of the bosses retires, which could be another 12 years.

The new job would involve some things I have little experience of, but think I'd be capable of. On the other hand I have most of my current job nailed at this point. But me leaving could have a huge effect on the company given how involved I am in some of our jobs and clients, and it'd be really hard to do that to my bosses.

Pay is similar, benefits are maybe a bit better in the new company... Current company wouldn't be able to offer me anything more given the way things are at the moment, whereas the other company are much larger and involved in a different part of the industry and are largely covid/recession proof.

F*ck, I don't know what to do... Friend told me I shouldn't go for it unless I really wanted it, but I don't know if I really want it or not because I just haven't thought about it, but there's also a ticking clock on the application, would need to submit this week.

Decided not to go for it. Decided I'll try fight to improve things where I am. Said I'd talk to the bosses today about it.

They asked me for a chat and told me they're closing up the company in a few months and making us redundant.

It'd be funny if it wasn't utterly terrifying.

Dinglebutt

| 11,949 posts

9th Oct 2020 at 7:19 am

I aim to misbehave

Quote: Claire, Oct 2020
I hope that things work out Barry, I genuinely believe things happen for a reason and I think you should still apply for the new job if you still have time to.

Yeah I definitely don't believe in any kind of higher power, but the timing of all this could make me wonder. If they'd waited until next week to tell me, I'd have been up sh*t creek. I do still have time to apply for this other job though and spent all yesterday evening doing the essay questions for the application, so will submit today or over the weekend.

I'm not one for drinking at home, but damn I might open a bottle of whiskey I have this weekend.

Dinglebutt

| 11,949 posts

22nd Oct 2020 at 3:23 pm

I aim to misbehave

Quote: Vel, Oct 2020
Baz, did you get your application in?

Yes, got application in. Interview for it tomorrow morning. Will see what happens.

My sister also sent my CV to her colleague's husband who runs similar company to ours and they were holding second round interviews for a position with them. Interviewed for it on Tuesday and they offered me the job, first for about 15% less than I'm on now, but the next day they agreed to pretty much match what I'm on now. Not particularly fond of going with them though, haven't heard great things since and the job seems very much geared towards the parts of my current job I don't enjoy, so going to bank on this other interview tomorrow. If I don't get it, I'll consider the other place for a while anyway.

Head has been wrecked with all this sh*te the last few weeks. Just want it to be over. Not used to jobhunting.

Πανδώρα

| 15,316 posts

24th Oct 2020 at 3:53 am

Πανδώρα -

I feel so sick.
I need a car. The car I viewed yesterday was nice, it drove nice, but it's nearly £7k.
£7k for a car with juat about as many car park dings as my current car has.
The wheels are bigger on it so lower profile tyres which I am not thrilled about at all. (they're not supposed to be bigger either, it's supposed to have 16" rims. Not 17's, so do I need to declare that as a modification to my insurance? I've known companies refuse to pay out after descrepancies over wheels)
Its black.
I didn't really want another black one, but that's just a colour so it is what it is, but there are none of these cars for miles around, this one is just up the road and the dealer as far as I know puts all their vehicles right before sale, so there shouldn't be any mechanical issues

I found a used face mask in it when I was looking around it, which is grim AF.
I don't know what to do. If I refuse it I'm probably going to kick myself when it inevitably sells.

Why the hell does my current car have to be so fcking broken

I f*cking hate this. And being pressured for a decision.
I liked it. I didn't love it. But I'm unlikely to love any as you test drive a car it always feels like someone else's car
Kill me. Please. So I don't have to choose.
*burp*

Vel: I'm in!!
Πανδώρα: Beep beep. Its Tuesday.
Πανδώρα: It might be Wednesday by now. Not sure.
EvilTongs: It's definitely a day of some sort
Dinglebutt: Wednesday.... *takes long drag of cigarette*.... Now that's a name I've not heard in many a year.....
Claire: Pals and pals, it is FNSIC again tomorrow, please let me know if you need the details.
Πανδώρα: Testicle.
Claire: Hi guys, I’m Tess Ticle and welcome to my TED talk
Lucozade Lover: Activity in 2020? Hooray, nice to see VR life.
Claire: I’d not go that far...a lovely lovely zombie perhaps
EvilTongs: It was bizarre how a group of us spontaneously returned when the pandemic stuff kicked off.
Vel: Bizarre or playing the long game? Hmmm, Mr Tongs?
Bellatrixa: I'm just here to reset my password and go about my business, trying not to cringe too much at how I was affected by the abusive f*ckwit I was living with towards the end of my time on this site.
Πανδώρα: AAAARRRGHHH. That is all.
Claire: Lisa I love Lisa, kindest regards to Lisaaaaa
Crinkle-Cut Beatroot: Eating Jaffa Cakes thinking about WLW...
Πανδώρα: Beefy cheesemas to all, and to all a gravy brie
Rayanne Graff: Happy Easter.

Page: