Barry Vs Scammers

Posted In: Spam. Reading This Thread:

Dinglebutt

| 11,949 posts

1st Sept 2009 at 8:21 am

Dinglebutt - I aim to misbehave

I aim to misbehave

Since I'm having so much fun doing this and posting about it on other threads, I'll throw them here instead

Quote: Paddy Irishman, Aug 2009
Another scam email about the car. He asked for the final price and some more pictures of the car. So I told him it was now one billion euro, and that I couldn't take any pictures because my camera was in the glovebox and was destroyed when I crashed the car. He emailed back, asking about the price (yet not about the fact I crashed the car), so I've sent him this:

Quote:
Sorry, my finger slipped. The price is actually €1,700. Since I crashed it, an artist has viewed it and determined it to be a work of art, and could fetch up to and including €75,000 in any art gallery. However, I would be more than happy to sell it to you for cheaper as I hate getting all dressed up for those fancy meetings.

Also, there is some sort of smell coming from the tank. It may be petrol, or it may be tea. I am not sure. I tried lighting a match so I could see the inside of the tank, but the car exploded and I was lucky to escape with my life and pants intact.

Where abouts are you located. If you need it shipped anywhere, I would prefer to drive the car there myself as I am due some holidays from work soon anyway. I could meet you at your place of work, provided you buy lunch as I don't want to have to change my currency to buy a scone.

HIM:
Quote:
Hello,
Thanks for your quick response, i will like to tell you am paying 1,650euro,i will like to tell you that i will be paying with my company Bank Draft and as for the shipment my shipper will come for the pick up at your location upon your confirmation of receiving the payment and i dont want you to look for anyother buyer.i would have love to come down for the pick up but I'm not chanced to do that now but i am satisfied with your description of the item, i will like you to give me the following so that your payment can be sent..................
1....Your full name to be on the cheque
2..Your full contact Address to send the Payment to,
3..Your Zip code
4.....Your mobile and land number to reach you.i will expect your mail

ME:
Quote:
I will only accept the lower cost of €1,650 if you allow me to stay in the car while it is being shipped. That way, I can still visit you but without adding thousands of miles onto the car driving all that way. A few air holes in the container would be appreciated, although I did once hold my breath for 32 seconds. But I'll probably just go to sleep, so I won't need oxygen until I wake up.

So what are we going to do when I get there? Should I pack warm clothes?

HIM:
Quote:
Hello,what i need from you now is the details in the format i send to
you cos i really need to buy it for my wife,so please get back to me
back with the details....waiting to read from you soon......

ME:
Quote:
I understand that, but we need to sort out what we're going to do when I get there. Do I need any injections before I arrive? This may be a problem as I'm scared of needles. Unless its for injecting heroin into to my arm, because the benefits outweigh the scariness there. I remember one time I took so many drugs that I sh*t somewhere in the car. I still can't get the smell out. How is your wife?
Mal: Appears we got here just in the nick of time. What does that make us?
Zoë: Big damn heroes, sir.
Mal: Ain't we just.

Rayanne Graff

| 76,001 posts

1st Sept 2009 at 9:58 am

Rayanne Graff - River Phoenix

River Phoenix

That's innovative of you to scam a scammer, though i'm surprised that he doesn't seem to suspect anything or worry that you might be a nutter.
*[http://www.vegetablerevolution.co.uk/uploads/549604.jpg]*

Dinglebutt

| 11,949 posts

1st Sept 2009 at 10:08 am

I aim to misbehave

Oh yeah. I told him I crashed the car, then blew it up. He only wanted €50 off.

Why he's still trying to scam me is beyond me. Surely he thinks "He's onto me"

Dinglebutt

| 11,949 posts

1st Sept 2009 at 10:12 am

I aim to misbehave

Another scammer has now taken my bait:

KELLY:
Quote:
Comments: Hi,
Am Kelly Moore, i want to know if the above advert is still for sale. If it's still for sale, kindly reply me with the last price and the present condition. its is extremely urgent.
Phone number +447024036955
i will await your reply.
Kelly

ME:
Quote:
Extremely urgent? It might be quicker for you to order a taxi

KELLY:
Quote:
Hello,
Thanks for getting back to me, i will really appreciate it if you can get back to me with the last price because i have been looking for this particular product.
I will be counting on you
Kelly.

ME:
Quote:
My final price is €18.76. This may seem like an odd figure, but it is all I need to buy a Limited Edition bottle of water with free €17.76 cashback. Bargain or what?

Dinglebutt

| 11,949 posts

1st Sept 2009 at 11:01 am

I aim to misbehave

KELLY:
Quote:
Hello,
Thanks for the quick response about the product of car am buying from you, The price
is OK by me. Also the condition you described is OK as well. i will like you to know that payment will be made by cheque.
If this mode of payment is OK by you.
Kindly send your information which you will like to receive the cheque. so that i can instruct my secretary to issued the cheque immediately

Name to be on cheque:.....
Address where cheque will be received by you:.......
Phone Number's such as Mobile,Land line and Office number:....

Never mind about the pick up, pickup will be after the cheque would have been cleared from your Bank account.

Await your Quick Response so that i can arrange for the payment immediately.
Don't hesitate to give me a call you if have any question on my mobile phone number:+447024036955
Kelly

ME:
Quote:
I think you are confused. I am not selling a pickup. It is a normal car. I used to have a pickup which I carried Mexican migrant workers around in the back. I had to stop because the cops told me not to do it anymore. I tried explaining things to the Mexicans by telling them I Mexican't do it any more, but they just looked at me like I had two heads. My twin brother was standing behind me looking over my shoulder and he found this to be very strange too.

Dinglebutt

| 11,949 posts

1st Sept 2009 at 12:57 pm

I aim to misbehave

Continuation of previous one:

Quote: Paddy Irishman, Sept 2009
ME:
Quote:
I understand that, but we need to sort out what we're going to do when I get there. Do I need any injections before I arrive? This may be a problem as I'm scared of needles. Unless its for injecting heroin into to my arm, because the benefits outweigh the scariness there. I remember one time I took so many drugs that I sh*t somewhere in the car. I still can't get the smell out. How is your wife?

HIM:
Quote:
Hello,How you doing am so sorry for everything that happen,so i will like you to get back to me with the details of the address giving to you to make the payment as soon as possible.......

ME:
Quote:
You haven't made the payment yet? But I've already sent the car!

Dinglebutt

| 11,949 posts

10th Sept 2009 at 10:29 am

I aim to misbehave

Just when I thought they'd forgotten about me...

Backstory, Scammer A sent me his details and asked for mine. Scammer B also asked for my details. So I sent Scammer B the details of Scammer A. Now Scammer B sent me this

Scammer B
Quote:
Hello ,
How are you doing,hope you have a great day.
Have you receive the cheque from me,kindly mail me immediately as you receive the cheque..........................
Urgent reply needed.
James.

Me:
Quote:
Yes James, I received the cheque yesterday. However, I would like to inform you that I no longer intend to sell my car. I would like to keep the cheque though. Don't worry, I won't cash it until I am absolutely sure that you have enough money in your account. That way I can steal as much of your money as I possibly can. I will also be adding on another 0 on the cheque, meaning I get even more money.

I don't mean to scam you like this, but my dog needs a new liver because I like getting him drunk. He like Sambuca.

How are you?

Dinglebutt

| 11,949 posts

10th Sept 2009 at 1:14 pm

I aim to misbehave

Like that do you? Here's some more, hot off the PC

Scammer B:
Quote:

Hello,
Thanks for the mail.
I want you to know that bussiness is done with good faith, honesy and loyalty and also i want you to know that am really interested in this car, please let me know if you can still help me in getting another car so that i can buy it and if not, kindly get back at me to know and i will let you know what to do with my money, i have entrust you and i don't want you to play prank on me because if you do, i will inform a friend of mine in FBI and as you know, i have your details...

I will be compensating you if you really know that you are no more selling the car, so let me know in your reply...

Thanks for your honesty,

James.

Me:
Quote:

If its another car you want, I could sell you my Porsche 911 for the same price as the Corolla. Its in perfect condition, leather seats, cd player, life-size Frank Bruno blow-up doll to sit in the passenger seat, new air-intake valves, Madeline McCann in the boot and foglights. The only problem is that its a different colour than the Corolla. I hope this won't be an issue.

I hope my previous messages don't sound like I am yanking your crank or anything, and contacting your friend in the FBI will not be necessary. I too do business in faith of which that is good, honestley and friendly ham.

Delirium Tremens

| 1,875 posts

10th Sept 2009 at 2:11 pm

Delirium Tremens -

You're the best person in the world.

Dinglebutt

| 11,949 posts

10th Sept 2009 at 2:27 pm

I aim to misbehave

Quote: Johnny Thunders, Sept 2009
You're the best person in the world.

Pffft, says the man with Thunders as his pseudonym surname

Dinglebutt

| 11,949 posts

10th Sept 2009 at 2:46 pm

I aim to misbehave

Scammer B:
Quote:
Hello,
thanks for your honesty and this is okay with me.
i will keep my shipping agent inform who will be coming down to your location for the pick up of the car, therefore you will have to bank the cheque and wait for it to clear...once the cheque has cleared, you will have to deduct your payment for the car and transfer the rest of the funds meant for the shipping arrangements of the car so that the pick up can take place and be done at ease.

I await your urgent reply,

James.

Me:
Quote:
Very good James. I look forward to meeting with you. Although unfortunately, I cannot meet with your shipping agent at my home address, as my wife does not know I am selling her car. For you see, we've been having some problems lately and, well, I just don't know what to do anymore. The sex has been mediocre for about 11 years now. Well, I felt it was mediocre, she obviously loves it. But we've just been arguing so much lately that I've decided to leave her. I know what you'll say, "What about your handicapped conjoined triplets, what will happen to them?" You have no need to worry about that James, to be honest, its none of your business and I'd appreciate it if you kept your nose out of my personal affairs.

So can we meet elsewhere? There's a police station just down the road from my house. My neighbours on both sides are policemen and will let us use the parking lot of the police station. I will meet your shipping agent there in 20 minutes. I shall leave as soon as I've typed this email. I know its only down the road, but I have to go buy a hacksaw, as I want to bring one of my kids on the road with me when I leave.

Dinglebutt

| 11,949 posts

10th Sept 2009 at 10:28 pm

I aim to misbehave

Scammer B:
Quote:
Hello,
Thanks for the mail.
Have you deposit the cheque? let me know and once the cheque is cleared, my shipping agent will be the one to come for the shippm ent of the car from your place okay.

I await your urgent reply,
James.

Me:
Quote:
Hello James

I haven't deposited the cheque yet. I was on my way to the POLICE station, when my neighbour, a POLICEman asked what I was doing. I explained our whole deal, and he seemed to think there was something suspicious going on. I assumed it was just his general POLICE nature that made him suspicious, and assured him that you were an honourable fellow with a pure heart and a sense of fair play not seen on this Earth since the 21st President of the United States Chester A. Arthur. But he asked to see your emails. So we went to the POLICE station to analyse your emails. He, and by that I mean my neighbour, the POLICEman, and several of his collegues, who are also POLICE, say that you are most likely trying to scam me in some way, most likely that your cheque will eventually bounce after I have paid for the shipping.

However, you have a kind face, so I have chosen to ignore them. But to avoid the POLICE, we must meet somewhere else. I suggest Wolverhampton.

Dinglebutt

| 11,949 posts

11th Sept 2009 at 11:48 am

I aim to misbehave

I got me a new scammer to play with:

Derek:
Quote:
Hello,
it is a pleasure to respond to your advert I like to know the availability and condition of your item published for sale and maybe it's for sale, pictures, last price and means of payment was like. I await your response soon.
Thanks and God bless you.
Regard
Derek

Me:
Quote:
Good day to you. A little bit of background information about me first. I am a hermaphrodite welder by trade. I enjoy long walks by the beached whales, dancing in the moonlight (is my favourite Thin Lizzy song), I have a very short memory, and I also enjoy long walks by the beached whales. The car is no longer for sale, as someone stole it from me. They emailed seeming very interested in the car, and sent me a cheque so I could ship it to them. Unfortunately, after I shipped the car, the cheque bounced higher than a Chelsea goalie on a trampoline, so I lost money, and my car. Boy, if I could find that guy, I would rip off his head and throw it at him.

I have forgotten what I was saying there. Ah well. The car is in very good condition, I will sell it to you for €1650, and I will accept cheques. Do you need it shipped globally?
Thanks, and may the Lord smite down those who oppose me
Noddy

Dinglebutt

| 11,949 posts

12th Sept 2009 at 3:13 pm

I aim to misbehave

Derek:
Quote:
Thanks for the email response.
I want you to send me more photo in your next mail, I have a Client who is so much interested in the item with the purpose of making immediate payment by a Certified Bank cheque That will be cleared into your bank account within 2 to 3 days.

He has responded very positively and i have given him my own price for selling to Him whereby added my own profit and commissions to your own asking price and he is ready to make payment.payment by a Certified Bank cheque.

Any amount that is more than your asking price that is going to be on the cheque will be sent back to me .The remaining balance you will be sending to me will be as my Profit,Commission and for the shipping.

I hope you are clear with my Email so you should Complete and send back the details below so that the Certified Bank cheque can be issued and mailed out to you:

NAME...................
ADDRESS...................
STATE.......................
POSTAL CODE.......................
COUNTRY.......................
TEL NUMBER.........................
AMOUNT...........................
My client promised to make sure that you receive the payment in at least 10 working days. As regards the pick up, as soon as you confirm to me that the cheque has cleared not a second before and that you have the funds deposited in your bank account , i will inform my shipper to come for the pick-up immediately.
I want you to know that any profit i make from this kind of transaction is how i earn a living for me and my family.
I look forward to read from you soonest.
Best Regards and my family.
I look forward to read from you soonest.
Best Regards

Me:
Quote:
Thank you for responding to my response of your email.

I am currently homeless, so I have no address. However, I will send my shipping agent to your address to pick up the cheque from you. Please do be sending to me your:

Name:
Address:
Phone No:
Mothers Maiden Name:
First pets name:
School:
Place of work:
Place of rest:
Place of play:

Send my love to your family. Particularly your wife. Could you send me a picture of her, I have forgotten what she looks like.

Dinglebutt

| 11,949 posts

12th Sept 2009 at 4:14 pm

I aim to misbehave

Derek:
Quote:
what you can do now is that since you have agent address there you can sent me her address so that i can sent the check there immediately..............so that you can cash your payment from her ok hope that is good contact....and make sure that i would get your money and not sent you ohh cos that how i live......

Me:
Quote:
She's homeless too. Its actually my wife. I had to give her a job title seeing as how the bin we live in has no kitchen. People are often surprised when I say I sleep in a bin, but that how i live......

I have to admit, him saying he'd send the cheque to my agent was a stroke of genius on their part

Dinglebutt

| 11,949 posts

13th Sept 2009 at 6:08 pm

I aim to misbehave

Derek:
Quote:
what i hope you can do is that if you know that you can have some one address and name where i can sent you the check to pic up that will be better for us ok hope you realy want to sell this for me cos all my client are worry about your homeless do something i hope you can get better money to get home when you sell it ok my regard to your wife.
Derek

Me:
Quote:
I managed to get my best friends address. He's not very happy about this arrangement, as he hates to receive mail, but he has agreed to this on the condition that you draw a smiley face on the back of the envelope.

My name, to be put on the cheque, is John Lennon (hence the nickname Noddy). Please send the cheque to Ringo Starr, 1st Floor, 90 Jermyn Street, London, SW1Y6JD, United Kingdom. I will wait patiently for your cheque. And thank you for your concern. Things are certainly looking up. I have found a penny. They are meant to bring good luck.

Dinglebutt

| 11,949 posts

13th Sept 2009 at 6:20 pm

I aim to misbehave

Quote: Kitten Heart, Sept 2009
I know a guy called Derek who's constantly trying to sell stuff, mainly copied dvds and computer stuff. The prat added me on Facebook just to try to buy my DS off me, probably to sell on to someone else.

I know it's not the same person but that's who's face is stuck in my head when I read these now.

Was your DS even for sale? Cos thats fairly random if it wasn't.

Dinglebutt

| 11,949 posts

13th Sept 2009 at 6:43 pm

I aim to misbehave

Quote: Ryan O'Reily, Sept 2009
I know a guy called Derek who's constantly trying to sell stuff, mainly copied dvds and computer stuff. The prat added me on Facebook just to try to buy my DS off me, probably to sell on to someone else.

I know it's not the same person but that's who's face is stuck in my head when I read these now.

Was your DS even for sale? Cos thats fairly random if it wasn't.

It wasn't, that's just the way this guy's mind 'works'. Irritating chavvy tw*t that he is, he thinks that if you've had something for a while you're selling it.

Funny story. I was helping my Gran move into a bungalow a few years ago and while everyone was away someone broke into her shed and stole everything that was in it, including some weedkiller that Gran had put into a petrol can after the bottle split. We can't prove who did it, but a few days later Derek's car broke down as someone had put something in the tank that wasn't meant to be there...

Dinglebutt

| 11,949 posts

14th Sept 2009 at 9:20 am

I aim to misbehave

Derek:
Quote:
Thanks i will mail you when the check go there so that you can call him when i sent there so that he we be aware of it i will be happy so that you can sent me the interest of my share back to me here..... that is what i use to live with my wife and children ..my regard to your wife too bye

Me:
Quote:
Send the interest back? I'm not sure what you mean. Websters Dictionary defines 'interest' as "the feeling of a person whose attention, concern, or curiosity is particularly engaged by something". I cannot mail my feelings to you. However, if you give me your address, I could perhaps send you an ice-cream for your children. I'll leave some ice-cream in the car too.

Your children will love the car. Websters Dictionary defines 'my car' as "the best damn car ever, and the children of people who send scam emails and have just posted a cheque to one of The Beatles always love this car"

My disregards to your b*st*rd offspring
Toodles

Dinglebutt

| 11,949 posts

14th Sept 2009 at 11:12 am

I aim to misbehave

Derek:
Quote:
Ohh............. i mean that i prepared of the check of my client here is 2,500 to your address there when you get your money you can sent me the money back so that the peek up will following as soon you clear it there okay....

Me:
Quote:
You are giving me 2,500 for my car? I have to say, at first I thought you were just a normal guy who needed a car. But now I see the truth. Oh yes, I've taken a look through all your emails, and it has now dawned on me what you really are. I even asked my neighbour who is a policeman, and he agrees. You are.... you are one of the most generous people I have ever come across. You have realised my plight of being homeless and sleeping in bins, only able to afford to buy melted ice-creams, and you are giving me €2,500 instead of the €1,650 I asked for. You are most kind my good sir. With this additional money, I can rent a house for a month. That way, I can have a bath and wash myself, which means I am more likely to get a job.

You have made a small gesture, but it is one which will completely change my life forever. Right now, there is no way I can possibly repay you for your kindness, but rest assured, when I own my own multi-billion pound empire, I will send you that ice-cream. And it will be as cold as the day in hell when I send you the car.

Thank you so much Derek.

Dinglebutt

| 11,949 posts

14th Sept 2009 at 7:13 pm

I aim to misbehave

Derek:
Quote:
I hope you are joke with what you mail me here?
I hope you understand me well there that why i tell me client that your car is good to purchase...............i didn't know that you want to get cheated on me here when i tell you that i add my own money for him so that i can get it from you when you get it done... why people are doing like this in the whole world i believe you for the first time that you did not get anything all though that why am give you chase to sell it for me so that you can get money for rent house now you know tell me that you will not sent my own money back to me when i tell him i give your price and now add my own money that how i live in this state
if you know that you can sent me my own money back let me tell my client that you did not agree with the price did you hear that...............so let me know what will are doing now about how help each other as well here you did not even put me into your shoes too.

I will be gland for you if you can co-operate with me GOD is by how side you know that.don't cheat another man in your life if you want GOD to do your own for you...
This is the amount you said that you want to sold you car ok €1,650
Then any money money that remaining is mine........pleas

Me:
Quote:
SHOES! I CAN BUY SHOES NOW! I didn't even think of that. Its very uncomfortable driving a car in your bare feet. Each letter you send me is like GOD is speaking directly to me, but in very broken English and no regard for the capitalisation of the letter 'i', which kind of makes sense as I'd imagine God is from Turkey and speaks in the third person.

Dinglebutt

| 11,949 posts

15th Sept 2009 at 1:36 pm

I aim to misbehave

Derek:
Quote:
Any amount that is more than your asking price that is going to be on the cheque will be sent back to me .The remaining balance you will be sending to me will be as my Profit,Commission and for the shipping. did you understand me now?
pls or else i will stop the transferring OK

Me:
Quote:
But.... but I'm homeless.....

To be perfectly honest with you Derren, I do not feel comfortable with this arrangement. I trusted you, and not only have you let me down by promising me money and then saying you want it back, you have let your boss down by telling him it costs more than it does in order to steal money from him, but Derwin, you have also let yourself down. Look at yourself. Is this really the way you want your wife and kids to remember you? As a thief who stole from his boss and wrecked the dreams of a homeless man? Turn off your computer screen and look at your reflection in the monitor. You don't like what you see, do you?

Its not too late to change Derwood. You can stop this before someone gets hurt. You can be remembered as something more than a guy who sends fake cheques and scam emails, you can be remembered as a good man who tried his best in everything he ever did, but in a way which doesn't hurt others. Sure, you may not have money, but you'll always have your family, and they are the most valuable currency of all. I bet you could get a good price for one of your kids.

Dinglebutt

| 11,949 posts

15th Sept 2009 at 4:41 pm

I aim to misbehave

Oooohhh he's getting angry now

Derek:
Quote:
OK WHAT DID YOU WANT......................IS THAT YOUR BUSINESS WHAT YOU NEED IS THAT YOU REMOVED YOUR CAR MONEY AND SENT ALL BACK TO ME FOR PIC UP.
OK
AM NOT SENT YOU BAD CHECK THERE I HOPE YOU WILL GET IT AS WELL IN YOUR BANK WHAT YOU CAN DO TO....AFTER YOU CLEAR IT JUST SENT ME THE MONEY BACK OK

Me:
Quote:
hehe, when I am leaving to go to the bank, if my wife asks do I have everything, I'll say "Car keys, Check. Bank Card, Check. Cheque, Check!" HAHAHA THATS COMEDY LAD! PURE COMEDY! PUT THAT ON A CHEQUE AND TAKE IT TO THE BANK COS ITS PURE GOLD!

Rayanne Graff

| 76,001 posts

15th Sept 2009 at 4:45 pm

River Phoenix

Quote: Winston Zeddemore, Sept 2009

I had a scam email in work, I emailed back saying I was a voodoo priest, I've not heard back since.

Aw, maybe they were scared of your voodoo powers.

Rayanne Graff

| 76,001 posts

15th Sept 2009 at 4:50 pm

River Phoenix

Quote: Rayanne Graff, Sept 2009

I had a scam email in work, I emailed back saying I was a voodoo priest, I've not heard back since.

Aw, maybe they were scared of your voodoo powers.

I sent the following

Quote:
GOOD EVENING MY GHANAIN BRETHEREN, I TRUST YOU ARE KEEPING WELL AND ARE
NOT BEING OPRESSED BY THE WHITE DEVILS! HAHAHA. I AM MORE THAN WILLING
TO ASSIST, HOWEVER YOU SHOULD BE AWARE THAT I WILL NOT TAKE 40% OF
ANYMONEY MY ASSISTANCE ONLY REQUIRES THAT YOU COMMIT YOURSELF FULLY TO
FREEING OUR PEOPLES FROM THE SHACKLES OF CHRISTIAN OPRESSION! HAHAHA.

PhiLEA FOGG
Voodoo Warlord & High Priest
3 Hardman Lock, Haiti

Whats wrong with that I ask you?

i don't know, they should be honoured to receive it.

Also, that reminds me that my cousin once told me that two witch doctors tried to kill him using their special powers because they were offended by something he'd written.

Dinglebutt

| 11,949 posts

15th Sept 2009 at 9:25 pm

I aim to misbehave

Quote: Ryan O'Reily, Sept 2009
I got me a new scammer to play with:

Derek:
Quote:
Hello,
it is a pleasure to respond to your advert I like to know the availability and condition of your item published for sale and maybe it's for sale, pictures, last price and means of payment was like. I await your response soon.
Thanks and God bless you.
Regard
Derek

Me:
Quote:
Good day to you. A little bit of background information about me first. I am a hermaphrodite welder by trade. I enjoy long walks by the beached whales, dancing in the moonlight (is my favourite Thin Lizzy song), I have a very short memory, and I also enjoy long walks by the beached whales. The car is no longer for sale, as someone stole it from me. They emailed seeming very interested in the car, and sent me a cheque so I could ship it to them. Unfortunately, after I shipped the car, the cheque bounced higher than a Chelsea goalie on a trampoline, so I lost money, and my car. Boy, if I could find that guy, I would rip off his head and throw it at him.

I have forgotten what I was saying there. Ah well. The car is in very good condition, I will sell it to you for €1650, and I will accept cheques. Do you need it shipped globally?
Thanks, and may the Lord smite down those who oppose me
Noddy

AHAHAHAHA

The scammer I've been messing with the last few days is after sending me the exact same email as his first one. So I sent my first reply back again

Dinglebutt

| 11,949 posts

16th Sept 2009 at 7:31 am

I aim to misbehave

Derek:
Quote:
Okay man i dint know your answer to me here cos you are just saying wrong thing with my answer can i know your mined.

Me:
Quote:
Derek, I am pleading with you, as I feel we are friends now. Please stop this. We have been emailing each other for the past few days, and now you are trying to act like we don't know each other. We have both shared intimate details of our lives with each other. I know you better than I know the son I gave up for adoption when he was still in the womb.

Derek, I think its time for you to come clean. You're doing drugs, aren't you? This is all a way for you to get high, isn't it? Your wife has left you, your kids don't want to see you, you've lost your job.... look what the drugs have done to you Derek. I suspected drugs when you failed to send me a picture of your wife. I guess I just didn't want to believe it.

You need to get your life in order man. To do that, you have to get rid of all the drugs currently in your house. I know you'll want to get high one last time, and I understand. So you should gather together all your drugs, and take them all at the same time. Now, this may have bad side effects, so you should probably drink loads of whiskey while doing it. You can do this Derek, I believe in you.

And just think, one you're clean, you can learn how to F*CKING SPELL YOU COCKSUCKER MOTHERF*CKING PIECE OF DIARRHEA

You may think I just insulted you, but thats just the drugs talking. I actually wrote some nice things about you.

Dinglebutt

| 11,949 posts

18th Sept 2009 at 7:45 am

I aim to misbehave

Ladies and gentlemen, may I present to you, my new scammer, Captain Ben Marshall

Cappy:
Quote:
Hello,

I saw your car advert on the internet and I want to know your last
selling prize because I like the car and I'm interested to buy it.

Please reply to let me know the current condition, attach more
pictures if any and supply your full contact information so I can place my order.

Thanks,Capt Ben Marshall

Me:
Quote:
Captain, thank God you've contacted me. People think I have went AWOL, but I was actually captured by the Egyptian rebels. They force me to keep their website up to date due to my experiences as a communications officer. I knew you were looking for a car, so I posted mine in the hopes you would find it. It was a long shot, but I knew it was the only chance I had.

I don't have much time, so I'll be brief. The layout of this base would require a 'pincer' attack. The guards change at 6 on the east entrance. and 8 on the west entrance, so we cannot use this to our advantage. I am being held in the southwest corner on the third floor. There's a weapons crate on this floor which is guarded. However, with the distraction of your entry, I may be able to take it over anomishoushpo;smchashn ghpwoehnpowhmneugo nisrlng is HAHAHAHAHAHAHA YOU TREACHEROUS SWINE! YOUR FRIEND HAS BEEN SHOT LIKE THE PIG THAT HE IS! FOOLISH AMERICANS. WE HAVE MORE HOSTAGES. I WOULD NOT ADVISE YOU TO ATTEMPT TO RESCUE THEM OR YOU SHALL SHARE THE SAME FATE AS YOUR FRIEND HERE. REMEMBER, JUST BECAUSE OUR WEBSITE WILL NOW BE OUT OF DATE, DOES NOT MEAN THAT OUR ARMOURY WILL BE TOO. MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

learrggh

| 5,670 posts

18th Sept 2009 at 9:54 am

learrggh -

i wonder is it all the same person just trying again and again?

Dinglebutt

| 11,949 posts

18th Sept 2009 at 10:28 am

I aim to misbehave

Quote: vespertilio, Sept 2009

I really hope so. I'm hoping after his numerous failed attempts, he thought to himself "I know, I'll say I'm a Captain. He's bound to fall for it if he thinks I'm an Army man or something. MWAHAHAHAHA!"

Rayanne Graff

| 76,001 posts

18th Sept 2009 at 10:35 am

River Phoenix

Quote: vespertilio, Sept 2009

I really hope so. I'm hoping after his numerous failed attempts, he thought to himself "I know, I'll say I'm a Captain. He's bound to fall for it if he thinks I'm an Army man or something. MWAHAHAHAHA!"

Yeah, it'd be cool if it is the same person.

Ooh, that reminds me of summat that the fiance did a few months ago. He was at his parents' house and answered the phone; i think it was some bloke from a research company. After he'd been talking for a few minutes, he told the bloke to wait a minute. Then he put on a different voice and pretended to be someone else. He did this a few more times so that the bloke thought he was six different people.

Dinglebutt

| 11,949 posts

19th Sept 2009 at 10:41 am

I aim to misbehave

Cappy:
Quote:
Thanks for the details and information about your car history. It seems you are a sincere person. I want to inform you that I will buy your car at your last given price. I want you to remove the posting from the internet and consider this car sold. I want to believe that all papers that will be necessary for the car sale is in place.

However I have a business proposal for you. I am a captain with the United Nations troop in Iraq, on war against terrorism. Based on the United States legislative and executive decision for withdrawing troops from Iraq come next year, I have been deployed to come and work in your country's military base soonest. Our mission is to help beef up terrorist targeted states, mostly the United States and the European Union on the war against terrorism. I will need a car for myself and that is why I contacted you for the car.

On the other hand I want to inform you that I have in my possession the sum of ($16.2 million USD). Which I got from crude oil deal here in Iraq and I deposited this money with a Red Cross agent informing him that we are making contact for the real owner of the money. It is under my power to approve whoever comes forth for this money.

I want to invest the money in a good business as soon as I am deployed into your country. I will need as much advice I can get on investments since I am not a businessperson. I cannot move this money to the United States because I will be in Europe for about 3years. I need someone I could trust. If you accept, I will transfer the money to Europe where you will be the beneficiary because I am a uniformed person and I cannot be parading such an amount so I need to present someone as the beneficiary. I am an American and an intelligence officer for that so I have a 100% authentic means of transferring the money through diplomatic courier service .I just need your acceptance and all is done.

Please if you are interested in this transaction I will give to you the complete details you need for us to carry out this transaction successfully. I believe I can trust you. Where we are now we can only communicate through our military communication facilities, which are secured so nobody can monitor our emails, then I can explain in details to you. I will mostly reach you through email, because our calls might be monitored, I will also need some verification information from you so I will be sure whom I am dealing with.

If you are interested please send me your personal mobile number so I can call you for further enquiries when I am out of our military network. If you are not interested do not reply to this email and please delete this message, if no response after 3days I will then search for someone else. I wait for your contact details so we can go on. This transaction will take a maximum 7 working days to be sent to you as soon as we insert your name as beneficiary of the funds.
When you receive the money, I will come over to your country for my money. I will give to you 15% of the sum and 85% is for me. I hope I am been fair on this deal.

Information I need:

YOUR FULL NAME..........
YOUR FULL ADDRESS....................
YOUR DIRECT TELEPHONE NUMBER..........
Copy of your international passport

Regards,
Captain Ben Marshall

Me:
Quote:
So, just to clarify, I claimed to be an Egyptian soldier who shot your friend and have more hostages, and you want to give me over $2.25million dollars.

For that, I will give you 2 cars and the body of your friend.

wombat

| 8,154 posts

19th Sept 2009 at 12:29 pm

wombat - Technically sexy.

Technically sexy.

You are extremely funny, Baz. Have you thought of opening a blog and posting these on here with some other work to act as a sort of portfolio?

Also, how do you know they are scammers from the first emails they send?

Southern hemispherical rat boy

learrggh

| 5,670 posts

19th Sept 2009 at 12:53 pm

learrggh -

Cappy:
Quote:
Thanks for the details and information about your car history. It seems you are a sincere person. I want to inform you that I will buy your car at your last given price. I want you to remove the posting from the internet and consider this car sold. I want to believe that all papers that will be necessary for the car sale is in place.

However I have a business proposal for you. I am a captain with the United Nations troop in Iraq, on war against terrorism. Based on the United States legislative and executive decision for withdrawing troops from Iraq come next year, I have been deployed to come and work in your country's military base soonest. Our mission is to help beef up terrorist targeted states, mostly the United States and the European Union on the war against terrorism. I will need a car for myself and that is why I contacted you for the car.

On the other hand I want to inform you that I have in my possession the sum of ($16.2 million USD). Which I got from crude oil deal here in Iraq and I deposited this money with a Red Cross agent informing him that we are making contact for the real owner of the money. It is under my power to approve whoever comes forth for this money.

I want to invest the money in a good business as soon as I am deployed into your country. I will need as much advice I can get on investments since I am not a businessperson. I cannot move this money to the United States because I will be in Europe for about 3years. I need someone I could trust. If you accept, I will transfer the money to Europe where you will be the beneficiary because I am a uniformed person and I cannot be parading such an amount so I need to present someone as the beneficiary. I am an American and an intelligence officer for that so I have a 100% authentic means of transferring the money through diplomatic courier service .I just need your acceptance and all is done.

Please if you are interested in this transaction I will give to you the complete details you need for us to carry out this transaction successfully. I believe I can trust you. Where we are now we can only communicate through our military communication facilities, which are secured so nobody can monitor our emails, then I can explain in details to you. I will mostly reach you through email, because our calls might be monitored, I will also need some verification information from you so I will be sure whom I am dealing with.

If you are interested please send me your personal mobile number so I can call you for further enquiries when I am out of our military network. If you are not interested do not reply to this email and please delete this message, if no response after 3days I will then search for someone else. I wait for your contact details so we can go on. This transaction will take a maximum 7 working days to be sent to you as soon as we insert your name as beneficiary of the funds.
When you receive the money, I will come over to your country for my money. I will give to you 15% of the sum and 85% is for me. I hope I am been fair on this deal.

Information I need:

YOUR FULL NAME..........
YOUR FULL ADDRESS....................
YOUR DIRECT TELEPHONE NUMBER..........
Copy of your international passport

Regards,
Captain Ben Marshall

Me:
Quote:
So, just to clarify, I claimed to be an Egyptian soldier who shot your friend and have more hostages, and you want to give me over $2.25million dollars.

For that, I will give you 2 cars and the body of your friend.

haha. best so far.

Dinglebutt

| 11,949 posts

19th Sept 2009 at 8:34 pm

I aim to misbehave

Cappy:
Quote:
I am happy in your person please can will go ahead and do the business 30% is for you as i promise okay

Me:
Quote:
But what if you die?

Rayanne Graff

| 76,001 posts

19th Sept 2009 at 8:39 pm

River Phoenix

i'm glad you're still scamming the scammers but what's happened to VnoiR?

Dinglebutt

| 11,949 posts

19th Sept 2009 at 8:39 pm

I aim to misbehave

Quote: wombat, Sept 2009
You are extremely funny, Baz. Have you thought of opening a blog and posting these on here with some other work to act as a sort of portfolio?

Also, how do you know they are scammers from the first emails they send?

Cheers Mark. Blog wouldn't really interest me. It'd be all new and exciting at first, then I'd just get kinda bored of it. Pretty much anyone who would ever be interested in anything I have to say... all come to this site anyway

The first few I didn't realise they were scammers at first, although the broken english and english telephone numbers they give made me suspicious. Now, since they're all broken english, english phone numbers, never seem interested in actually visiting the car for a test drive, and always end with something like "God bless you and your family". Not even priests in Ireland would end with that

Dinglebutt

| 11,949 posts

19th Sept 2009 at 8:40 pm

I aim to misbehave

Quote: Rayanne Graff, Sept 2009
i'm glad you're still scamming the scammers but what's happened to VnoiR?

I was about to do it now after I get something to eat. Thinking of just making it a weekly thing now. Don't want to overkill it

Dinglebutt

| 11,949 posts

19th Sept 2009 at 9:47 pm

I aim to misbehave

Another new scammer

Tim:
Quote:
Good Morning,

How are you doing ?Hope fine.....I just want you to know if this car is still available .....My email is "tim.mcgeedy@googlemail.com".... and i will be very glad to hear back from you about the car availability.

I hope to read from you soon

Regards
Tim McGeedy

Me:
Quote:
Hi Tom. I'm not too sure if the car is still available. I'm currently negotiating a great deal with an American soldier in Iraq who will give me $4.5million. If you think you can beat this, I'm all ears.

learrggh

| 5,670 posts

20th Sept 2009 at 4:35 pm

learrggh -

Another new scammer

Tim:
Quote:
Good Morning,

How are you doing ?Hope fine.....I just want you to know if this car is still available .....My email is "tim.mcgeedy@googlemail.com".... and i will be very glad to hear back from you about the car availability.

I hope to read from you soon

Regards
Tim McGeedy

Me:
Quote:
Hi Tom. I'm not too sure if the car is still available. I'm currently negotiating a great deal with an American soldier in Iraq who will give me $4.5million. If you think you can beat this, I'm all ears.

hahah oh my god this is getting so silly.

Dinglebutt

| 11,949 posts

21st Sept 2009 at 7:45 am

I aim to misbehave

Another new scammer. This may be ending soon as my ad will be coming off the website later this week.

Frank:
Quote:
Hello Seller,
I am Frank Smith.... i would like to know maybe you still have the item for sell and let me know the last Price for this Item and some pictures and i would want you to know that my means of payment will be Cashier's Check or money order ,which is more secured and better than any other means of payment. ....so get back to me if the Item is still for sale.....i would make you an immediate payment..get back on me in my mail frnksmth77@gmail.com..i will be looking forward to here from you soon.

Me:
Quote:
Frank

Some additional details about the car for you. It is purple. It is a lot of fun. It can be quite loud at times. My kids absolutely love it. Some would say that it requires a lot of love and attention. I don't. I think it deserves a lot of love and attention. Trust me Frank, this is the car for you. I have attached a picture for your consideration.

Hit me up like a 2 dollar ho if you're still interested

(Attached picture)
[http://74.52.59.146/~amk/invitations/barney-printable-invitation.jpg]

Dinglebutt

| 11,949 posts

21st Sept 2009 at 10:33 am

I aim to misbehave

Army Guy is back:

Cappy:
Quote:
I will not die OK. How are you today? please les go ahead and do the business OK.

Me:
Quote:
How can you be sure though? And what if I die?

Dinglebutt

| 11,949 posts

21st Sept 2009 at 6:17 pm

I aim to misbehave

Back to the guy I sent the Barney picture to:

Frank:
Quote:
Hello Seller,

Thanks for writing back.This is exactly what I need.I'd really like to
pay you in cash at hands.But right now I'm not within your reach that
I could easily come for the payment and pick-up .....

Am a set administrator for a movie. We move from one location to
another. I would make arrangements for it to be picked up after you
must have confirmed payment with your bank.So my means of payment will
be Cashier's Check or money order, which is more secured and better
than any other means of payment.........

Your asking price is okay by me and I would be willing to send you the
asking price and I would include the shipping fees which i would
highlight later.Please Note that my shipper will come to your
location for the pick up after you have confirmed the
payment................

If this is ok by you,I will need these information below to enable me
send the payment out to you immediately via UPS so that we can
proceed...........

Full Name on the payment ...
Address to mail the payment....
Cell Phone number....
Price....
Money Order Or Cashier Check....

So pls get back to me asap...so pls delete the item from the site.

Me:
Quote:
I'll come to you. I've always wanted to visit a movie set! What are you filming? Is it Jurassic Park 4: Barney's revenge - This time, it's so much personal?

Rayanne Graff

| 76,001 posts

22nd Sept 2009 at 9:29 am

River Phoenix

Army Guy is back:

Cappy:
Quote:
I will not die OK. How are you today? please les go ahead and do the business OK.

Me:
Quote:
How can you be sure though? And what if I die?

Yeah, i don't know how he can be sure; he might get eaten by a lion tomorrow. Although i hope he doesn't as you wouldn't be able to have scammy fun with him.

Πανδώρα: Beefy cheesemas to all, and to all a gravy brie
Rayanne Graff: Happy Easter.
IGH: Just who was The Brigadier
ratammer: squeak
IGH: Wibble
Vel: *sigh*
Emma: Hi VR...
Princess Psycho: Hi I am back in the UK so how are everyone been keeping. Has Fluffy had that little accident yet?
Claire: SHOUTBOX OF VRRRRRR
Rayanne Graff: Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
Lucozade Lover: Happy New Year!
Crinkle-Cut Beatroot: Happy new year <3
Claire: BOXSHOUT
Rayanne Graff: Happy Easter.
Emma: So… Posting a new thread is Fission Mailing… so I’m putting this here.
Emma: I know there aren’t many people looking at this anymore… but I have made the decision to stop paying for the VR hosting and to let the domain lapse.
Emma: I think it will be going offline around the end of May
Emma: It’s been almost 10 years since James passed away… and I feel like it’s time.
Emma: A lot of the regulars can be found on the VR veterans group on Facebook - if you see this and you’re not in there, come join us.

Page: