WTF of the day

Posted In: Spam. Reading This Thread:

LoonyPandora

| 17,916 posts

24th Oct 2006 at 10:23 pm

LoonyPandora - Daft Cow?

Daft Cow?

What has made you exclaim WTF in bemusement today? Be it news, or just something in life. It happens all the time, so perfect for a nice little spammy thread like this

I start off with Train defecator hunted by police

Seriously, WTF?

Lianne

| 9,643 posts

24th Oct 2006 at 10:34 pm

The Customers at work.

My arm is bandaged up.
And someone asked if it was catching.

No. it's using the till. tw*t. if you're throwing, it might be catching, but my aim sucks.

Obelisk the Tormentor

| 12,281 posts

24th Oct 2006 at 10:51 pm

Obelisk the Tormentor - TOOOOORMENT!!

TOOOOORMENT!!

History For Sale

| 6,560 posts

25th Oct 2006 at 8:16 am

Now our history is for sale....

I only want you to see
My favourite part of me
And not my ugly side
Not my ugly side

[http://furcadia.com/banners/images/DownloadB2.gif]

Gary

| 3,774 posts

25th Oct 2006 at 8:21 am

Gary - I is not evil.

I is not evil.

[url=http://link.goes.here.com]Description goes here[/url]
[http://imagegen.last.fm/Apnet/recenttracks/3/se_osiris.gif]

I like an escalator because an escalator can never break, it can only become stairs. There would never be an "Escalator temporarily out of order" sign, only an "Escalator temporarily stairs. Sorry for the convenience."
- Mitch Hedberg

Animal

| 32,547 posts

25th Oct 2006 at 9:02 am

Animal -

http://www.dasburros.com

The world isn't run by weapons anymore, or energy, or money. It's run by little rabbits and zeroes, little bits of data. It's all just electrons.

Cycling Antics

Jewbacca

| 6,793 posts

25th Oct 2006 at 7:02 pm

Jewbacca -

Quote: LoonyPandora

Jesus...
AAAAAAARRRRRRRGHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!

LoonyPandora

| 17,916 posts

25th Oct 2006 at 7:15 pm

LoonyPandora - Daft Cow?

Daft Cow?

Quote: Marton
Quote: LoonyPandora

Jesus...

Nah, he'd be train ejaculator

Vel

| 23,203 posts

25th Oct 2006 at 9:06 pm

Vel - Marry me?

Marry me?

And you say I bring that up! Cheers for the interesting hybridisation of certain male's anatomies magnified to JESUS' size and EJACULATING locomotives with Kylie dancing. Just THANKS.
Wife of Amy, Sex Goddess

LoonyPandora

| 17,916 posts

25th Oct 2006 at 11:56 pm

LoonyPandora - Daft Cow?

Daft Cow?

Right, I don't know where the Kylie dancing came from, unless Trains -> Locomotion -> Kylie... but still. It was totally your observation with Jesus on the train. I just took it to the next level... it was relevant, sort of... :-[

I think I still have the leaflet that says "Jesus is Coming" he was doing it in my pocket for months the dirty swine.

Vel

| 23,203 posts

26th Oct 2006 at 6:53 am

Vel - Marry me?

Marry me?

Got it in one
Wife of Amy, Sex Goddess

Puffalump

| 22,943 posts

27th Oct 2006 at 2:24 pm

Puffalump - Because cake is happiness

Because cake is happiness

Wife of the lovely Alice

Colin

| 10,038 posts

27th Oct 2006 at 4:55 pm

Colin -

1. I saw The Jesus & Mary Chain in the Metal section of a crappy music shop in Worcester today.
2. Whoah...
http://www.myspace.com/papertruth
[http://www.vegetablerevolution.co.uk/resources/uploads/gerrard.jpg]

Roxannie

| 12,431 posts

28th Oct 2006 at 8:06 pm

Roxannie -

anouncer on the train: "[stuff about the train splitting and which coaches go where] you are on coach 12 of 8"

LoonyPandora

| 17,916 posts

29th Oct 2006 at 6:38 pm

LoonyPandora - Daft Cow?

Daft Cow?

Heard on the bus by a little kid aged about 4-5

"Can spiders climb on cheese?"

:-?

Gary

| 3,774 posts

5th Nov 2006 at 11:02 pm

Gary - I is not evil.

I is not evil.

"Naked Man Arrested for Concealed Weapon"

Three guesses as to where he was hiding it...

I like an escalator because an escalator can never break, it can only become stairs. There would never be an "Escalator temporarily out of order" sign, only an "Escalator temporarily stairs. Sorry for the convenience."
- Mitch Hedberg

Chris Kamara

| 24,049 posts

6th Nov 2006 at 2:12 am

Chris Kamara -

mental.

Vel

| 23,203 posts

6th Nov 2006 at 9:33 am

Vel - Marry me?

Marry me?

Quote:
The man was lying on a tree stump, masturbating beside a nature path,

And plus, regardless of whether that awl was wrapped in black tape or not, it still sounds painful.

I wonder how they picked who'd remove it...
Wife of Amy, Sex Goddess

The Artful Dodger

| 656 posts

6th Nov 2006 at 11:29 am

It's back to be good.

Dinglebutt

| 11,949 posts

6th Nov 2006 at 1:56 pm

Dinglebutt - I aim to misbehave

I aim to misbehave

Quote: Gary
"Naked Man Arrested for Concealed Weapon"

Three guesses as to where he was hiding it...

I love how the police didnt know what to do about it, so they called the Fire Brigade. Brilliant
Mal: Appears we got here just in the nick of time. What does that make us?
Zoë: Big damn heroes, sir.
Mal: Ain't we just.

Snazzberry

| 2,526 posts

9th Nov 2006 at 1:30 pm

Snazzberry - i r lion. i r bite you.

i r lion. i r bite you.

i dont have a news story but it still made me think "what the f*ck"

im trying to figure out whats the cheapest way to get from Manchester to Hull and I was looking on the National Express site to see how much a coach costs. I put in the date I wanted to go and it gave me some options for a "going" coach and some options for a "coming back" coach. however, the going coaches appeared to leave AFTER the returning coaches came back! i thought that they couldnt possible be that dumb to give me those options so i selected one of each hoping that maybe i was just confused and i get this error message:

"Your return journey departs before the outward journey arrives"

wtf?! b*st*rds.
[quote author=the doc link=1161728632/360#370 date=1193262367]If i wanna scratch me balls i use a hedgehog like everyone else.[/quote]

Rainbow

| 1,219 posts

13th Nov 2006 at 5:51 pm

Is the avatar upload thing broken?

From the local news website

'She added that blackout curtains were "out of the question" because she wouldn't be able to see anything, and couldn't fumble around in the dark for a light switch.'

The only reason you can see is because the bloody lights are on you daft bint...

Gary

| 3,774 posts

13th Nov 2006 at 7:39 pm

Gary - I is not evil.

I is not evil.

Police dress up as Batman and Robin to catch drugs suspect

Two policemen dressed as Batman and Robin captured a suspected drugs offender - in a bizarre sting operation.

The Dynamic Duo - Sgt Tony Smith and PC Mike Holman - pulled on the superhero outfits in a bid to unsettle the suspected baddies.

- Mitch Hedberg

Snazzberry

| 2,526 posts

14th Nov 2006 at 1:49 pm

i r lion. i r bite you.

[quote author=the doc link=1161728632/360#370 date=1193262367]If i wanna scratch me balls i use a hedgehog like everyone else.[/quote]

Dinglebutt

| 11,949 posts

14th Nov 2006 at 3:18 pm

Dinglebutt - I aim to misbehave

I aim to misbehave

Quote: Hurri
From the local news website

'She added that blackout curtains were "out of the question" because she wouldn't be able to see anything, and couldn't fumble around in the dark for a light switch.'

The only reason you can see is because the bloody lights are on you daft bint...

that is brilliant. That is just seer brilliance. She wants the lights off so she can sleep, but doesnt want to use blackout curtains because she wont be able to see. But if the lights are off she wont be able to see anyway. If she was a robot her head would explode
Mal: Appears we got here just in the nick of time. What does that make us?
Zoë: Big damn heroes, sir.
Mal: Ain't we just.

Mark Brogan

| 7,648 posts

14th Nov 2006 at 3:38 pm

Um, my wtf of the day is that my FLATMATE started talking to me on MSN, and I'd been talking to him for a couple of minutes when he said WHO ARE YOU?

Excuse Mr, I live with you? But I decided not to tell him this, and now, he has decided I am a gay boy.

Luke says:
u in london?
devotchka says:
yeah, you?
Luke says:
yep
Luke says:
u a boy?
devotchka says:
what do you think?
Luke says:
yep
devotchka says:
cool
Luke says:
gay?
devotchka says:
well, seeing as I practically LIVE in G A Y, I guess so
Luke says:
thats nice
Luke says:
gaydar?
devotchka says:
nuh uh, i hate that sh*t
Luke says:
give me a clue!
Luke says:
dark hear
Luke says:
green eyes?
devotchka says:
i hear fine thanks...
devotchka says:
not green..
Luke says:
blue
devotchka says:
no
Luke says:
pink?
devotchka says:
not THAT gay
Luke says:
lol
Luke says:
good
Luke says:
brown

Anyways. He is stupid. That is all.

Rainbow

| 1,219 posts

14th Nov 2006 at 8:46 pm

Gary

| 3,774 posts

14th Nov 2006 at 8:49 pm

Gary - I is not evil.

I is not evil.

Quote: Hurri
eBay auction

What happened to human parts not being eligible for eBay?

- Mitch Hedberg

Rainbow

| 1,219 posts

14th Nov 2006 at 8:50 pm

Mm, illegal.
The auction's blatantly gonna be taken off but, yeah...

Jewbacca

| 6,793 posts

14th Nov 2006 at 9:33 pm

Jewbacca -

check out the last few things the ebay wo/man has bought and sold. its muchly hilarious

wombat

| 8,154 posts

14th Nov 2006 at 9:38 pm

wombat - Technically sexy.

Technically sexy.

I like how their condition is 'used'.
Southern hemispherical rat boy

Puffalump

| 22,943 posts

14th Nov 2006 at 9:42 pm

Ewwwwwwwwww!
Wife of the lovely Alice

Gary

| 3,774 posts

17th Nov 2006 at 12:47 am

Gary - I is not evil.

I is not evil.

Cat Gives Birth To Puppies

Brazilian student Cassia Aparecida de Souza, 18, holds her cat Mimi together with what Cassia claims are Mimi's own offsprings born with dog traits last Friday, three months after mating with a neighbour's dog, in the southern Brazilian city of Passo Fundo, Rio Grande do Sul state, November 15, 2006. A geneticist from the Passo Fundo University plans to take blood samples from the animals to verify the claim by Cassia and her husband Rogerio that the puppies are part of Mimi's litter of six, of which the three that were born with cat features died soon after birth, leaving the surviving three dog-like offsprings.

- Mitch Hedberg

Aras

| 1,774 posts

17th Nov 2006 at 12:55 am

Aras - Charmed I'm sure

Charmed I'm sure

Brazilian student Cassia Aparecida de Souza, 18, holds her cat Mimi together with what Cassia claims are Mimi's own offsprings born with dog traits last Friday, three months after mating with a neighbour's dog, in the southern Brazilian city of Passo Fundo, Rio Grande do Sul state, November 15, 2006. A geneticist from the Passo Fundo University plans to take blood samples from the animals to verify the claim by Cassia and her husband Rogerio that the puppies are part of Mimi's litter of six, of which the three that were born with cat features died soon after birth, leaving the surviving three dog-like offsprings.

Ok thats NOW making me go WTF.
She isn't in love...she's merely insane!

Gary

| 3,774 posts

17th Nov 2006 at 4:05 pm

Gary - I is not evil.

I is not evil.

From the Digg front page:

Japanese Women 'Suffering' from Constant Orgasms

"When I got on the train one day, I could feel blood gushing toward a certain part of my body and it felt so good I almost let out a moan. It was sheer murder when everybody got pushed into the carriage."

- Mitch Hedberg

Snazzberry

| 2,526 posts

17th Nov 2006 at 5:07 pm

i r lion. i r bite you.

"And with suggestions that it could be deadly, the women hardly know whether they're coming or going, according to Shukan Post"

omg did he actually say that? bwahaha

Jewbacca

| 6,793 posts

18th Nov 2006 at 5:57 pm

Jewbacca -

Quote: Aras

Alledgedly

Be interesting to see if it's true or not.... Someone keep us updated!

Mark Brogan

| 7,648 posts

22nd Nov 2006 at 7:46 pm

The man I saw in the wheelchair in Sainsburys last night, moving around by walking his feet whilst sitting down, to pull himself along.

HUH??

Puffalump

| 22,943 posts

22nd Nov 2006 at 8:21 pm

In Salford Student Direct Newspaper, they did a vox-pop of should Saddam be hung, quote:

"I don't think he should be hung. They should free him. He only killed the people who tried to kill him."

WTF SERIOUSLY!
Wife of the lovely Alice

The Artful Dodger

| 656 posts

22nd Nov 2006 at 8:22 pm

It's back to be good.

Isn't Student Direct the one that got taken over by the SWP, and promptly went to ratsh*t?

German Alex

Puffalump

| 22,943 posts

22nd Nov 2006 at 8:31 pm

*shrug* not sure. all i know is they got rid of the su doku
Wife of the lovely Alice

Wibble

| 5,323 posts

22nd Nov 2006 at 10:05 pm

scapegoat extraordinaire

Alledgedly

Blood tests debunk Brazilian's cat-puppy claim

Blood tests refute a Brazilian woman's claim that her cat had given birth to three puppies, geneticist Adil Pacheco said on Tuesday.

Cassia Aparecida de Souza, 18, from a poor neighbourhood of Passo Fundo in southern Brazil, said last Friday that her cat Mimi had given birth to the three puppies as well as three kittens, which did not survive.

"People who aren't experts often imagine things," said Pacheco, director of the Institute of Biological Sciences of the University of Passo Fundo. "All the facts contradict her."

Pacheco, who was asked by a local newspaper to conduct a chromosome test to check the spectacular claim which gained wide media attention, said mammals sometimes nursed the young from another species.

Animal

| 32,547 posts

23rd Nov 2006 at 8:26 pm

Animal -

Quote: Puffalump
Man banned from touching muscles

F*CK! The Purple-Aki.. The dude is a legend in my old town.. Been known about for years..

It was a bit of an urban legend that parents would tell kids at one point to scare them if they were naughty.. Then it was one of those whispered things that gets around schools, now it turns out he's real.. Sh*t!

The legend lives!

http://www.dasburros.com

The world isn't run by weapons anymore, or energy, or money. It's run by little rabbits and zeroes, little bits of data. It's all just electrons.

Cycling Antics

Gary

| 3,774 posts

24th Nov 2006 at 2:26 am

Gary - I is not evil.

I is not evil.

As God Is My Witness, I Thought Turkeys Could Fly

"Cincinnati, OH--An advertising stunt dreamed up by a local Cincinnati radio station went terribly wrong when twenty live turkeys plummeted to their deaths after being dropped out of a helicopter under the misguided assumption that they would all just fly away."

It's a blog post so I'm still not sure about it, but a WTF none the less.

- Mitch Hedberg

Jewbacca

| 6,793 posts

24th Nov 2006 at 3:52 am

Jewbacca -

Quote: Wibble

Alledgedly

Blood tests debunk Brazilian's cat-puppy claim

Blood tests refute a Brazilian woman's claim that her cat had given birth to three puppies, geneticist Adil Pacheco said on Tuesday.

Cassia Aparecida de Souza, 18, from a poor neighbourhood of Passo Fundo in southern Brazil, said last Friday that her cat Mimi had given birth to the three puppies as well as three kittens, which did not survive.

"People who aren't experts often imagine things," said Pacheco, director of the Institute of Biological Sciences of the University of Passo Fundo. "All the facts contradict her."

Pacheco, who was asked by a local newspaper to conduct a chromosome test to check the spectacular claim which gained wide media attention, said mammals sometimes nursed the young from another species.

Ah, just as Id suspected.

Colin

| 10,038 posts

24th Nov 2006 at 6:41 am

Colin -

WTF of yesterday was the girl who I'd never spoken directly to getting me to walk with her to her next lesson and asking me for my phone number even though she didn't know my name. She even got my home phone number, damnit. It would've been too rude to refuse, but agh!

Colin

| 10,038 posts

24th Nov 2006 at 11:02 am

Colin -

This dialog box.

Jewbacca

| 6,793 posts

26th Nov 2006 at 3:55 am

Jewbacca -

if there are 10,000 individual japaneese characters, what does a japanese keyboard look like?

Roxannie

| 12,431 posts

26th Nov 2006 at 9:36 am

Roxannie -

They type in an english alphabet, and the computer converts it into japanese symbols, if you see what I mean.
So they type "neko", and on the screen it comes up as ネコ.
nifty, eh?

Jewbacca

| 6,793 posts

26th Nov 2006 at 5:20 pm

Jewbacca -

smart

Πανδώρα: Beefy cheesemas to all, and to all a gravy brie
Rayanne Graff: Happy Easter.
IGH: Just who was The Brigadier
ratammer: squeak
IGH: Wibble
Vel: *sigh*
Emma: Hi VR...
Princess Psycho: Hi I am back in the UK so how are everyone been keeping. Has Fluffy had that little accident yet?
Claire: SHOUTBOX OF VRRRRRR
Rayanne Graff: Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
Lucozade Lover: Happy New Year!
Crinkle-Cut Beatroot: Happy new year <3
Claire: BOXSHOUT
Rayanne Graff: Happy Easter.
Emma: So… Posting a new thread is Fission Mailing… so I’m putting this here.
Emma: I know there aren’t many people looking at this anymore… but I have made the decision to stop paying for the VR hosting and to let the domain lapse.
Emma: I think it will be going offline around the end of May
Emma: It’s been almost 10 years since James passed away… and I feel like it’s time.
Emma: A lot of the regulars can be found on the VR veterans group on Facebook - if you see this and you’re not in there, come join us.

Page: