What I Hate

Posted In: Spam. Reading This Thread:

Dragonangel

| 281 posts

19th Dec 2004 at 1:50 pm

Feel my rath or rather just laugh at me

God i hate those people in the queue before you who just take ages to pay for something, especially when it is because they are searching for the correct change. it like just pay with the fiver in your wallet, dont look for that 99p you idiot. I have a life to live and i need to go i cant wait for you to move [glb]ggggggrrrrrrrrrrr[/glb]
*BANGHEAD* *BASH* *DARK_ANIM* *FRUSTRATED* *MAD* *NEWBURN* *P*SSED* *TWAK* *YELLOWDEVIL*
Dragonangel. the fighter for truth, justice, honour, good, peace, and anyone who will have sex with him

Dragonangel

| 281 posts

19th Dec 2004 at 2:32 pm

I know, i also hate bus drivers who ask for ID or ones who drive past when half the bus is empty [glb]*BLUBOOMTEAMENFORCER* *CUSS* *CHAIR* *JUDGE* *SPANKA*[/glb]
Dragonangel. the fighter for truth, justice, honour, good, peace, and anyone who will have sex with him

Chris Kamara

| 24,049 posts

19th Dec 2004 at 2:55 pm

Chris Kamara -

Big nose strikes again

| 2,343 posts

19th Dec 2004 at 2:58 pm

i hate too many smilies.
[

Dragonangel

| 281 posts

19th Dec 2004 at 3:00 pm

yeah but i hate people who always complain

Will

| 6,984 posts

19th Dec 2004 at 6:27 pm

like you?

Dragonangel

| 281 posts

19th Dec 2004 at 9:22 pm

nope not like me, i mean like people who are never happy. Like people who say something is too hot then, its too cold
those people im a kind of guy that just accepts the crap of life with a slight hatred for it

Silvan

| 3,776 posts

20th Dec 2004 at 11:57 am

Silvan - Aurals Velupide!

Aurals Velupide!

Quote: Dragonangel_
God i hate those people in the queue before you who just take ages to pay for something, especially when it is because they are searching for the correct change. it like just pay with the fiver in your wallet, dont look for that 99p you idiot. I have a life to live and i need to go i cant wait for you to move

Meh, I try not to break into my notes when I can avoid it, hate having too many coins - they get too heavy after a while. Although I'm not so bad that I hand over a bunch of 5p's when paying.
What can I say? I did it all for the Wookies.

Dragonangel

| 281 posts

20th Dec 2004 at 2:19 pm

exactly and cards are much faster than cash its so gr8, everyone is happy. checkout people can just swipe a card while people in the queue can see how fast the queue moves. wow what did you do pick up every copper that was on the floor

Elusive Moose

| 8,546 posts

20th Dec 2004 at 4:27 pm

Elusive Moose - Get your Antlers on

Get your Antlers on

I'm going to echo George when I say that people who give you change are great. Pound coins run out so quickly, and wouldn't you rather wait about an extra 30 seconds for the person infront to give
"You can't roast infants. You just don't get away with it."- a life lesson for us all.

Wife of  Phil the Lawful Hippo. Imagine the children!

The Disneyafied Adventures of Me

hikey

| 5,865 posts

20th Dec 2004 at 5:33 pm

its the semi automatic stun gun!!!!!!!!!!!! yeehaw

it is quicker with chip and pin unless there is a problem and they all stand there gaping like confused fish for ages....which i hate in supermarkets especially and the slow people who are still packing there things when my things are being heaped up in a pile next to them....slow f*cking b*st*rds shoot them pls.......arrrgh and people who havent enough money and take ages to put things back in a cunning ploy to make the person next in the cue say "here let me make up the difference" which i used to do but i think i have lived in London too long my aussie manners dont work here you get treated like a pushover.

"hello can you spare some change for a can of supertennants?"

"yes certinally infact treat yourself to some mescal...." in there f*cking dreams mate !

ooooooo *030* *030* *030*ANGERANGER
he aint all there he dont like beans!!!!!!!!!!!

Elusive Moose

| 8,546 posts

20th Dec 2004 at 9:00 pm

Get your Antlers on

Urrg, large notes suck. I've had people paying for chewing gum with a
"You can't roast infants. You just don't get away with it."- a life lesson for us all.

Elusive Moose

| 8,546 posts

20th Dec 2004 at 9:17 pm

Get your Antlers on

It probably is

Dragonangel

| 281 posts

21st Dec 2004 at 4:34 pm

yeah that is stupid when people pay for a really small thing with a huge note, but not as annoying as when someone bought something for

Dragonangel

| 281 posts

21st Dec 2004 at 4:44 pm

yeah they make me feel special, wish there was an christmas one *BOLDYELLOW* *CHEERS* *CLAPPING* *HEHE* *ICON15* *JUMP* *MUSIC* *NAISSANCE* *ROLLLAUGH* *RAINFRO* *SIG2* *WITHSTUPID* *WINKGRIN* *WAVE* *THUMBSUP* *THREEEYES* *STIMPY*

Insane Jam Sow

| 443 posts

21st Dec 2004 at 4:51 pm

Insane Jam Sow - Bill Bryson is my God

Bill Bryson is my God

A couple of interesting facts:

1. From http://www.tclayton.demon.co.uk/dec.html:

"20p and 50p coins are legal tender up to a total value of 10 pounds.
5p and 10p coins are legal tender up to a total value of 5 pounds.
1p and 2p coins are legal tender up to a total of 20 pence. "

2. From http://www.bankofengland.co.uk/banknotes/legaltender.htm
"The concept of legal tender is often misunderstood. Contrary to popular opinion, legal tender is not a means of payment that must be accepted by the parties to a transaction, but rather a legally defined means of payment that should not be refused by a creditor in satisfaction of a debt. "

The thing about copper coins only being legal tender up to 20p is surprising, I think. I mean, paying with 10x 2ps doesn't seem that extreme.

Also, does anyone actually understand the Bank of England definition? I find it pretty confusing.
http://www.freewebs.com/megazine

Yes, my website still exists. Just about.

wombat

| 8,154 posts

21st Dec 2004 at 5:00 pm

wombat - Technically sexy.

Technically sexy.

I once paid off a ten pound debt in coppers only.

ohhh- the look of that w*nkers face.
Southern hemispherical rat boy

Dragonangel

| 281 posts

21st Dec 2004 at 5:40 pm

yeah bet he woz happy. no i dont understand, seems like a pile of coppers to me there is no point to it

Dragonangel

| 281 posts

21st Dec 2004 at 5:53 pm

yeah i know coming home at 4:00 pm it was pitch black and soooo cold i h8 winter nights but i love it when it snows, its so confusing

Dragonangel

| 281 posts

21st Dec 2004 at 6:05 pm

yeah but snow is great on xmas day when you go outside and build a snowman or having a snowball fight with a younger sibling. ahhh snow snow snow the greatest thing on earth, untill it melts into your clothes and makes everything go numb, but before that its great

Dragonangel

| 281 posts

21st Dec 2004 at 6:12 pm

ok but thats a worse case senario, snowmen are the best ever, even the film rocks so do not say anything against them but i do understand your point

Dragonangel

| 281 posts

21st Dec 2004 at 6:20 pm

yeah but its always better when it snows because then its a white xmas and everyone loves white xmases because they are the greatest way to celebrate xmas

Dragonangel

| 281 posts

21st Dec 2004 at 6:34 pm

thats would be true if you were a devoted christian but as a devoted athiest i say that having all your family around you with outside blanketted in snow and a warm fire going on inside with all your presents unrapped and waiting to be played and nice food on the table and good conversation that this is the best and most special way to celebrate xmas

Dragonangel

| 281 posts

21st Dec 2004 at 7:40 pm

huh, bethlehem is the birth place of jesus so its obvious that a christian would want to be near the place that jesus was born. athiest means non believer in god so i am 100% against god and his followers. (sorry if this is offensive in any way it is only my stupid opinion)

Dragonangel

| 281 posts

21st Dec 2004 at 7:43 pm

i dont celebrate the birth of christ i celebrate recieving presents and having my family close to me, and for being alive to witness it each year

Dragonangel

| 281 posts

21st Dec 2004 at 7:53 pm

look it is the festival of christmas that brings my family together so i celebrate christmas but for my wn reasons which have been afore mentioned, you think that all the little kids who celebrate christmas do it because of the birth of christ, dont think so. and why do you celebrate christmas, if it is because of the birth of jesus then do you go to church on christmas day to thank the lord or do you sit around eating food

Insane Jam Sow

| 443 posts

21st Dec 2004 at 8:12 pm

Insane Jam Sow - Bill Bryson is my God

Bill Bryson is my God

[quote=Phil_ link=1103464219/30#37 date=1103654709]
Yeah - It means shops DON'T have to accept it - they're intitled to accept whatever they may or may not like as payment. You're not in debt to a shop.

If you owe money to someone (i.e. a loan), that person MUST take any legal tender as payment of that debt. They couldn't say "No, I will not accept your ten 50ps as payment of that
http://www.freewebs.com/megazine

Yes, my website still exists. Just about.

Dragonangel

| 281 posts

21st Dec 2004 at 8:16 pm

ok well then if little children can celebrate father christmas then why can i not claim that i am only celebrating christmas for the fact that my family is together

Dragonangel

| 281 posts

21st Dec 2004 at 8:31 pm

family is not the meaning of christmas to you but to me it is, christmas is what you make it and how it feels in your heart. for me the important thing about christmas is that i have my family close to me, for little kids it is about the belief in father christmas and the recieving of gifts, for you it is the celebration of christ. many people have thier own view about christmas and this is mine and i respect your opinion but mine is my own and i celebrate christmas for my own reasons and that may be selfish but it is because that is what is special to me, and seeing as christmas is all about the world and it being special, it is ok for everyone to celebrate it for thier own reasons as it is a festival that can have many reasons but the outcome is always the same a happy day or a sad day it just depends what you want to get out of christmas and that is what you will recieve, i once spent christmas in a wheelchair and i had a great time even though it was hard to watch everyone else walking around and me being stuck here i still had fun because i was surrrounded by the thing that is most important to me, my family

Chris Kamara

| 24,049 posts

21st Dec 2004 at 8:40 pm

Chris Kamara -

Quote: Dragonangel_
family is not the meaning of christmas to you but to me it is, christmas is what you make it and how it feels in your heart. for me the important thing about christmas is that i have my family close to me, for little kids it is about the belief in father christmas and the recieving of gifts, for you it is the celebration of christ. many people have thier own view about christmas and this is mine and i respect your opinion but mine is my own and i celebrate christmas for my own reasons and that may be selfish but it is because that is what is special to me, and seeing as christmas is all about the world and it being special, it is ok for everyone to celebrate it for thier own reasons as it is a festival that can have many reasons but the outcome is always the same a happy day or a sad day it just depends what you want to get out of christmas and that is what you will recieve, i once spent christmas in a wheelchair and i had a great time even though it was hard to watch everyone else walking around and me being stuck here i still had fun because i was surrrounded by the thing that is most important to me, my family

You're missing the point entirely.

Dragonangel

| 281 posts

21st Dec 2004 at 8:48 pm

look its not the same at my uncles birthday party, he is the only one recieving and everyone else is giving, at christmas everyone gives and everyone recieves and snow is a nice add on to christmas that makes it feel nice. i know there would not be any christmas without christ being born but now there is so much more to christmas than that, how do presents get involed with christ, how by pulling crackers are we celebrating christ, how by decorating a tree are we celebrating christ, how by telling children that father christmas exists when they are young do we celebrate christ, why not tell them that it is christ that delivers presents to get them both out of the way. WE DONT. because christmas is not about one person who did something 2006 years ago this is about the here and the now and what it means for little children to wake up on christmas day with a stocking full of presents and to go downstairs to find thier tree surrounded by presents of every shape and size. that is what christmas is about nowerdays in the past it may have been about jesus but it has evolved over time and now people are turning thier backs on the church and are still celebrating christmas because of what it means to them and not to the church. that is what christmas is all about today and everyday

Vel: *sigh*
Emma: Hi VR...
Princess Psycho: Hi I am back in the UK so how are everyone been keeping. Has Fluffy had that little accident yet?
Claire: SHOUTBOX OF VRRRRRR
Rayanne Graff: Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
Lucozade Lover: Happy New Year!
Crinkle-Cut Beatroot: Happy new year <3
Claire: BOXSHOUT
Rayanne Graff: Happy Easter.
Emma: So… Posting a new thread is Fission Mailing… so I’m putting this here.
Emma: I know there aren’t many people looking at this anymore… but I have made the decision to stop paying for the VR hosting and to let the domain lapse.
Emma: I think it will be going offline around the end of May
Emma: It’s been almost 10 years since James passed away… and I feel like it’s time.
Emma: A lot of the regulars can be found on the VR veterans group on Facebook - if you see this and you’re not in there, come join us.
Crinkle-Cut Beatroot: What's the facebook group called? I couldn't find it...
Πανδώρα: MUHAHAHAHAHA!
IGH: And so it ends
Captain Spiky: I've just been loving life, going through the photos in the Meets gallery. so many awesome people that I loved hanging out with

Page: