Remember, Remember

Posted In: Spam. Reading This Thread:

Chris Kamara

| 24,049 posts

5th Nov 2004 at 6:19 pm

Chris Kamara -

i think my eyes are screwed cos i thought it said 'rammstein, rammstein'.

b*gger.

Mark Brogan

| 7,648 posts

5th Nov 2004 at 8:45 pm

tonight I went the crappy local thing on the village playing fields, and got cold and watched fireworks.
tomorrow night I am going to the racecourse fireworks with my boyfriend. and some of my friends will be there too. so it will be nice. i will get loads of glow bracelets and stuff.

Edited by Mark Brogan Nov 2004

ANBY v3.0

| 7,728 posts

5th Nov 2004 at 11:31 pm

ANBY v3.0 - Officially female according to Pamplemeese Decree.

Officially female according to Pamplemeese Decree.

They used to have a big Bonfire Night thingy up at Cofton Park (a great big park close to where I live, where they once found a decapitated corpse-- true story, in the news and everything).

Anyway, I used to go practically every year, as they had funfareness and sugary snacks. Then it started getting expensive and they stopped coming there. There hasn't been one of those things there for acouple of years now, nor at the other park I used to go to (whose name I never remember)
Rupert didn't win the Best Signature Award. He does not exist.

Mark Brogan

| 7,648 posts

5th Nov 2004 at 11:50 pm

Quote: the_lazy_sod_
someone set fire to our villages bonfire on tuesday... so all the plans went up in smoke

mwah hah hah! that happened to ours a couple of years ago! haha!

Rose

| 3,316 posts

5th Nov 2004 at 11:52 pm

A very attractive man. Not me. Him.

am a bit gutted cos not in leeds tonight. they usually stack wooden crates so high for the bonfire, looks like the wicker man or something. instead went to hull city centre's display and realised where most of the council budget goes. not on education or crime, no no....
Anton Chekhov - Smash Hits

Wibble

| 5,323 posts

6th Nov 2004 at 3:48 am

scapegoat extraordinaire

Heh, this is the first year where our local school didn't have a bonfire! It was an insurance thing or something, but still, no bonfire! So they just charge everyone for standing in a field for an hour and a half watching fireworks that could really be seen from anywhere in the village...

And no, I didn't go... I chose sleep.

Jingle

| 4,578 posts

6th Nov 2004 at 9:00 am

Jingle - WOO-HAH!

WOO-HAH!

The best place to be on bonfire night is on a boring train journey, I have decided. I could see every firework display in every town I passed through. It was great. An even better than best place to be is at a Placebo gig.

Topper

| 6,773 posts

8th Nov 2004 at 8:45 am

Topper - Dismantling a person is sometimes necessary...

Dismantling a person is sometimes necessary...

I went to one at Kings Heath cricket/Rugby (can't remember which sport is was) Club. Very impressive display, shame it was a fiver to get in...bloody night-light robbery...
I hope some day, for some reason, David Duchovny is investigated by the FBI. Because that would make a great story.

http://www.myspace.com/toppercutter

learrggh

| 5,670 posts

11th Nov 2004 at 8:48 pm

learrggh -

I went to a display, they'd also not had a bonfire because somebody claimed on insurance when they got ash on their clothes last year. (No, Ash/Mushroom did not attack them and cling limpet-like to their clothes, ash from the bonfire fell on them )

So stood in a field for half an hour watching pretty lights, had a hot chocolate and went home.

Πανδώρα: Beefy cheesemas to all, and to all a gravy brie
Rayanne Graff: Happy Easter.
IGH: Just who was The Brigadier
ratammer: squeak
IGH: Wibble
Vel: *sigh*
Emma: Hi VR...
Princess Psycho: Hi I am back in the UK so how are everyone been keeping. Has Fluffy had that little accident yet?
Claire: SHOUTBOX OF VRRRRRR
Rayanne Graff: Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
Lucozade Lover: Happy New Year!
Crinkle-Cut Beatroot: Happy new year <3
Claire: BOXSHOUT
Rayanne Graff: Happy Easter.
Emma: So… Posting a new thread is Fission Mailing… so I’m putting this here.
Emma: I know there aren’t many people looking at this anymore… but I have made the decision to stop paying for the VR hosting and to let the domain lapse.
Emma: I think it will be going offline around the end of May
Emma: It’s been almost 10 years since James passed away… and I feel like it’s time.
Emma: A lot of the regulars can be found on the VR veterans group on Facebook - if you see this and you’re not in there, come join us.

One Page