The little happy thread.

Posted In: Spam. Reading This Thread:

Been training dogs

| 4,685 posts

15th Nov 2003 at 7:13 pm

This should probably be in spam, but who cares?

Think of something that made you happy. Tell us about it. Think about it, and remember how happy it made you, and it'll make you happier now to remember it. This is a kind of "fond memories" thread, but I didn't want to call it that.

Mine (and it took me a while to decide on one that wasn't stupidly embaressing) is carols round the tree at school. It's the one school tradition that people actually care about, and it's easily the best day of the year. We fit the entire school into the school hall (which can't fit more than 300 comfortably, but there's at least 450 of us) and everyone's given song sheets, and every year we do the same stupid songs, and every year the same things happen. Like in "the holly and the ivy" when we do it as a round, it ends with all of the different groups going "choir" "choir" "choir" "choir" one after the other, and every year all the little kids keep saying choir five or six times after the song's over in time. And the french songs - The only line anyone can pronounce AND sing at the same time is "Il est nee, le devin enfant" so we get the modern languages staff singing the verses with everyone miming, then 450 people all join in at that one line, then it all goes back to about 4 people singing again And there's always tinsel, and the tree's covered in decorations we made, and the hall is decorated by the year 7s every year and looks wonderful, and everyone's happy.

Ooh, and the leaving U6 do their own version of The 12 Days of Christmas, and this year it's our year's turn Last year it was something like "Four Calling birds" and they had a bunch of girls on their mobiles and stuff...it's always very, very silly.

Over to you

Maybe in order to understand mankind, we have to look at the word itself: "Mankind". Basically, it's made up of two separate words - "mank" and "ind". What do these words mean ? It's a mystery, and that's why so is mankind.

http://www.cco.net/~jpete/deepthou.htm

Elusive Moose

| 8,546 posts

15th Nov 2003 at 9:05 pm

Elusive Moose - Get your Antlers on

Get your Antlers on

The thing that made me happiest was swimming with dolphins- a once in a lifetime experience.

However, the reoccuring thing that makes me happiest is performing in shows. I've never had a main part, always been part of the ensemble, but you still get the biggest adrenalin rush from going onto the stage and performing infront of 250 people is the best thing ever. I always have to try and stop myself smiling really cheesily. And we've had an encore called a few times too, which was amazing.

The best time ever was in West Side Story when we did the encore of Officer Krupke and the audience were all stood up singing too; the response was amazing and we were all stood on the scaffolding singing and dancing and just having the time of our lives.

This year it's Little Shop Of Horrors, which could never be as good, but it's going to be great!

Yes, well, that's what makes me happy.
"You can't roast infants. You just don't get away with it."- a life lesson for us all.

Wife of  Phil the Lawful Hippo. Imagine the children!

The Disneyafied Adventures of Me

Caged Liberty

| 11,209 posts

15th Nov 2003 at 9:23 pm

Caged Liberty - Torrential high seas dragged me to my knees

Torrential high seas dragged me to my knees

Singing with the choir at Christmas and easter. Running around backstage excited, getting ready. There's such a feeling of unitedness and sharing between everyone which cannot be equalled, especially at Christmas.

The Sunday rehearsals that we all moan about, but when we're on a break and one of us gets on the piano and everyone gathers round to sing, and harmonise, and it's so random and great.

Comign off after being on stage and hugging each other and wishing every noe a merry Christmas, or a great summer.

Everyone's happy, and helpign everyone else to get ready, and generally messing about before we go on. It's such a great atmosphere and everyone gets on so well, despite there being so many of us! 100, more than that, I don't know exactly.

running up and down the corridors backstage finding our friends from the bands, such as Jo

and the performance is always so intense and vibrant, much different from the rehearsals when we're tired, hung over, and can't be bothered

It's just great, I've done it for six years, and this is my last year so I'm going to make the most of it!

I feel all warm thinking about it

Been training dogs

| 4,685 posts

15th Nov 2003 at 11:51 pm

Then my work here is done 8)
Maybe in order to understand mankind, we have to look at the word itself: "Mankind". Basically, it's made up of two separate words - "mank" and "ind". What do these words mean ? It's a mystery, and that's why so is mankind.

Elusive Moose

| 8,546 posts

16th Nov 2003 at 9:14 am

Get your Antlers on

That's just reminding me of current History lessons. We're doing coursework so in the lesson all that needs to be done is get the teacher to read it and make corrections and the rest is done at home, leaving the rest of the double lessons to talk random crap and generally have such a laugh. You get so hyper from a double history lesson that it carries over into Spanish, and Spanish doesn't even seem that bad. One word just sparks everything off (for example, on Tuesday we were writing 'role play' situations, and, without thinking, Vicki wrote 'Enter, Katherine', sparking off a whole dominatrix/ love lair themed lessons)

Yes, I like History It is like lunchtime, only just with your friends, in a safe classroom, where you can say whatever the hell you like and it will pretty much all be forgottten until next lesson. At the moment we are making up our alternative musical- absolutely hilarious, and I'm getting a smile on my face just thinking about it all.

I like this thread
"You can't roast infants. You just don't get away with it."- a life lesson for us all.

Elusive Moose

| 8,546 posts

16th Nov 2003 at 10:18 am

Get your Antlers on

I envy the fact that you can actually understand the music theory... (The only thing I half understand is transposition...)

Elusive Moose

| 8,546 posts

16th Nov 2003 at 10:32 am

Get your Antlers on

That sucks

I've got to take Grade Five theory soon- I've been working so slowly though, I've been playing violin for 81/2 years and I'm only there (then again I changed exam boards from an easy one to a harder one for my grade five halfway through- that's my excuse!) :-[

Anyway, back to happy thoughts!

Been training dogs

| 4,685 posts

16th Nov 2003 at 2:09 pm

I just took Grade5 theory, tis so not hard

Been training dogs

| 4,685 posts

17th Nov 2003 at 9:25 pm

High on life? Naah, kids, get high on education!

Flapdoodle

| 4,238 posts

17th Nov 2003 at 10:08 pm

Flapdoodle - TO THE SEA...

TO THE SEA...

which 1 is?

Flapdoodle

| 4,238 posts

17th Nov 2003 at 10:11 pm

TO THE SEA...

thanx, it was a beautiful night, and despite any faults she may have had Em was a beautiful person somewhere inside.

Wog_Mower_5000

| 24 posts

18th Nov 2003 at 10:17 pm

Like Jesus sans the magic tricks

I see no happy in this thread, i've been lied to!!!

Hello btw :p
[http://rogsandwill.hypermart.net/wogmower1.jpg]

Been training dogs

| 4,685 posts

18th Nov 2003 at 10:19 pm

*cries laughing at the sig*

Wog_Mower_5000

| 24 posts

18th Nov 2003 at 10:26 pm

Like Jesus sans the magic tricks

I'm not clicking that, its offensive to both my people and allah or something.

I bet Muhammed Ali cant make pancakes anymore.
[http://rogsandwill.hypermart.net/wogmower1.jpg]

Lianne

| 9,643 posts

22nd Nov 2003 at 1:49 pm

Happy Memories. My 5th birthday. I had 7 mates round, and Carrie-Anne's dad, who was a magician, did a magick show, and I got a bunny rabbit. She was white so we called her Charcoal. I just remember all of us being in jeans and t-shirts, and Tony (magician) was wearing a white suit with these huge pastel dots. And the rabbit was so cute, i still remember his story.. apparently he's bought what he thought was a minature lop, for all the hat routines, but Charcoal had ended up as a Flemish Giant (I think thats what they're called, I've been reading too much Harry Potter and I nearly wrote a Norweigan Ridgeback) and so he'd brought her along on the off-chance that i'd like a pet rabbit, and he just so happened to have the run, hutch and everything else with him.. methinks me dad knew about this... but yeah, my rabbit was great. and she got on with ziggy, which was a minor miracle. ziggy was my cat, and my best friend, yup, cheesy as it may sound, i felt more of a connection with my little sussex tabby that anyone else.. but she was an evil cat to anyone 'cept me.. and the fact that her and charcoal would snuggle together was .. cool. i miss having pets. don't get me wrong i love the rats, but the day me and rob move to a place with a garden, we are getting a rabbit.

Been training dogs

| 4,685 posts

23rd Nov 2003 at 12:23 am

Happy memories....last night was good.

Jen

| 1,002 posts

5th Jan 2004 at 7:03 pm

You can add izzle to anything

nearest happy memory... probably just now cos i just 'accidentally' hung up on a customer oh what? he was being a tw*t
merrr...

Been training dogs

| 4,685 posts

12th Jan 2004 at 11:21 pm

Hehehehehehehe

*smug*

Flapdoodle

| 4,238 posts

13th Jan 2004 at 12:20 am

TO THE SEA...

ooh well done, all conditional offers for some pretty good unis in there.

Been training dogs

| 4,685 posts

22nd Jan 2004 at 1:05 pm

Stuff that's making me happy at the moment...Went to the cinema with Tom...we were hoping it would be empty, but we walked in and it was literally the biggest screen, packed full of old people. They gave us some really evil looks. Anyway, the film was good and he's so nice...Meh. He just makes me happy.

Topper

| 6,773 posts

11th Mar 2004 at 12:37 pm

Topper - Dismantling a person is sometimes necessary...

Dismantling a person is sometimes necessary...

[quote=the_1_with_little_significance_ link=1068923581/30#32 date=1079008359]I've an A at AS Level!!! 98% on 2 papers and 76% on the other.
I hope some day, for some reason, David Duchovny is investigated by the FBI. Because that would make a great story.

http://www.myspace.com/toppercutter

Me Ves Y Sufres

| 153 posts

6th Apr 2004 at 10:37 am

Me Ves Y Sufres - I think you're crazy..maybe

I think you're crazy..maybe

[quote=the_1_with_little_significance_ link=1068923581/30#32 date=1079008359]I've an A at AS Level!!! 98% on 2 papers and 76% on the other.
Try Honesty

Me Ves Y Sufres

| 153 posts

6th Apr 2004 at 10:41 am

Me Ves Y Sufres - I think you're crazy..maybe

I think you're crazy..maybe

Music-ness making me happy. Keeps me sane/insane..whichever I am percieved to be! I could be happier but this will do...for now....hehe

gladdd people are happppy *hopes they are*

</3
Try Honesty

ANBY v3.0

| 7,728 posts

26th Apr 2004 at 9:31 am

ANBY v3.0 - Officially female according to Pamplemeese Decree.

Officially female according to Pamplemeese Decree.

Quote: Eddie_Baby_
Hehehehehehehe

*smug*

I got six offers as well.

But yours is way better quality. Congrats (a bit late)
Rupert didn't win the Best Signature Award. He does not exist.

Blondes_4eva

| 6 posts

21st Oct 2004 at 5:39 pm

Blondes_4eva - la la la la la la oh shit people *runs*

la la la la la la oh shit people *runs*

i think my happiest memory is the time when i found out i was going to go to Las vegas, to see my boyfriend and theni found out he was coming over for new year!! wellok that i only found that out today but i'm happy!
la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la l a

Πανδώρα: Beefy cheesemas to all, and to all a gravy brie
Rayanne Graff: Happy Easter.
IGH: Just who was The Brigadier
ratammer: squeak
IGH: Wibble
Vel: *sigh*
Emma: Hi VR...
Princess Psycho: Hi I am back in the UK so how are everyone been keeping. Has Fluffy had that little accident yet?
Claire: SHOUTBOX OF VRRRRRR
Rayanne Graff: Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
Lucozade Lover: Happy New Year!
Crinkle-Cut Beatroot: Happy new year <3
Claire: BOXSHOUT
Rayanne Graff: Happy Easter.
Emma: So… Posting a new thread is Fission Mailing… so I’m putting this here.
Emma: I know there aren’t many people looking at this anymore… but I have made the decision to stop paying for the VR hosting and to let the domain lapse.
Emma: I think it will be going offline around the end of May
Emma: It’s been almost 10 years since James passed away… and I feel like it’s time.
Emma: A lot of the regulars can be found on the VR veterans group on Facebook - if you see this and you’re not in there, come join us.

One Page