Things that make you want to bury someone alive

Posted In: Rants. Reading This Thread:

Πανδώρα

| 15,327 posts

7th Sept 2010 at 6:34 pm

Πανδώρα -

ahhhh. that's what i've ended up with from phones4u.
same contract, only i took the cashback & i'm paying £30 a month, rather than the £25, so i get the gig and don;t use it.
(cashback is supposed to be £100 though? cheeky little sh*te that served us must have pocketed a tenner... ugh.)

i wanted an 18 month contract too, but i'm on 24. he fiddled it so that the £90 we got back, covered the extra £5 a month for 18 months, and he said to go back there after the 18 months for an upgrade, which reeks of bullsh*t.

in the end, i'm not going back to phones4u when i'm due an upgrade.
it's a damn sight easier just to go through the networks stores or over the phone to them.
it's twice they've f*cked us over.

anyway. i spent the afternoon painting my fence.
it's just absolutely hauled it down and i dread to think what it looks like out there now.

there was also a slight mishap with the brush when i was painting a fiddly bit of a hutch.
pictures on facebook if anyone wants to see. it's going to be a right tw*t to get off my glasses.
*burp*

Vel

| 23,203 posts

7th Sept 2010 at 6:41 pm

Vel - Marry me?

Marry me?

Hmm, that is definitely interesting . And that's why I took the money off the bill- it worked out better for longer, though I really could have done with the cash due to the Opal situation. I just wish people were competent. How hard is it to get something sorted?!

At the moment, I have no complaints with Phones 4 U- they have tried to get things sorted.

We shall see if I get the promised phone call though.

In a way, I wish I'd stuck with that HTC Desire from Dial-a-Phone, but NatWest were being d*ckish with not sorting out my change of address in time.
Wife of Amy, Sex Goddess

Pope of Chilli Town

| 12,089 posts

7th Sept 2010 at 6:46 pm

Pope of Chilli Town -

Phones 4 U are a known bunch of c*nts.

Vel

| 23,203 posts

7th Sept 2010 at 6:50 pm

Vel - Marry me?

Marry me?

I am now aware of this...
Wife of Amy, Sex Goddess

Πανδώρα

| 15,327 posts

7th Sept 2010 at 6:55 pm

Πανδώρα -

i was aware before i went back to them this year... but i wanted the blue x6 >_>
*burp*

Animal

| 32,547 posts

7th Sept 2010 at 8:16 pm

Animal -

So glad that my only dealing with them thus far has been as an O2 customer looking to upgrade my phone/renew my contract, meaning the most they deal with me is to simply place the order for the contract with O2 and to call me to make sure I'm happy with the phone.
http://www.dasburros.com

The world isn't run by weapons anymore, or energy, or money. It's run by little rabbits and zeroes, little bits of data. It's all just electrons.

Cycling Antics

Vel

| 23,203 posts

8th Sept 2010 at 8:35 am

Vel - Marry me?

Marry me?

F*ck you, you f*cking self-absorbed prick
Wife of Amy, Sex Goddess

Vel

| 23,203 posts

8th Sept 2010 at 8:49 am

Vel - Marry me?

Marry me?

My NEWLY REPAIRED computer just keeps going crazy:

It was working fine, then all of a sudden (without me pressing anything) the resolution goes- it changes to big and blurry. Then it flickered, shrank the screen and put a big blue bar on the right hand side, flickered and went black the way it used to crash...

...Then it flickered on to normal and told me the resolution was not optimum. Then it repeated what it did above 3 times.

For f*ck's sake. WHY WON'T THINGS WORK FOR ME?!!!

And my f*cking sister is a f*cking selfish c*nt. She can wreck her OWN THINGS, NOT MY F*CKING THINGS THE F*CKING C*NT!
Wife of Amy, Sex Goddess

Paula

| 4,556 posts

8th Sept 2010 at 11:13 am

Paula - King of Knights

King of Knights

I got a flyer though the door this morning saying that the flats now have communal recycling bins, one for plastic and one for 'other recyclable household waste' which I'm assuming to mean paper. This is all good until I went to have a look. So far all I can see are two wheelie bins the same size as a normal household one between three tower blocks. Now, the flyer clearly states that they'll be collected once a fortnight so am I crazy in assuming that two bins isn't going to be enough? Or do the Council really have that low an opinion of people who live in tower blocks?

Animal

| 32,547 posts

8th Sept 2010 at 12:54 pm

Animal -

Quote: Resident Death, Sept 2010
My NEWLY REPAIRED computer just keeps going crazy:

It was working fine, then all of a sudden (without me pressing anything) the resolution goes- it changes to big and blurry. Then it flickered, shrank the screen and put a big blue bar on the right hand side, flickered and went black the way it used to crash...

...Then it flickered on to normal and told me the resolution was not optimum. Then it repeated what it did above 3 times.

For f*ck's sake. WHY WON'T THINGS WORK FOR ME?!!!

And my f*cking sister is a f*cking selfish c*nt. She can wreck her OWN THINGS, NOT MY F*CKING THINGS THE F*CKING C*NT!
If it were a Mac, I'd say the PRAM is f*cked... Which means a potential mother board replacement. I'm guessing something similar may be happening here, I thought they replaced the motherboard already?

The world isn't run by weapons anymore, or energy, or money. It's run by little rabbits and zeroes, little bits of data. It's all just electrons.

Cycling Antics

Vel

| 23,203 posts

8th Sept 2010 at 1:00 pm

Vel - Marry me?

Marry me?

They have just replaced the motherboard. I guess it's another thing on my list to yell at Samsung for.

Oh, f*cking me off? Getting made fun at by the f*cking unemployed charity chuggers (those ones who sell joke books instead of going on the dole. Allegedly).
I was in a rush, I'd just been stopped by one seconds ago. So I asked the next one to leave me alone, please, and carried on walking. And then he yells at me, and then (when I'm about 10-15 metres or so away), I hear him making fun of me with his mate, and laughing and pointing. So I turn around and glare and that gets the response of... "Oh sh*t..."

F*ck people. F*ck f*cking people. I hate people.
Wife of Amy, Sex Goddess

Delirium Tremens

| 1,875 posts

8th Sept 2010 at 1:28 pm

Delirium Tremens -

I want Alice to have a good day, where no one f*cks her about and she ends it smiling.

Vel

| 23,203 posts

8th Sept 2010 at 2:23 pm

Vel - Marry me?

Marry me?

Quote: James, Sept 2010
I want Alice to have a good day, where no one f*cks her about and she ends it smiling.

I got a random hug off a woman in the street because I was crying. (In theory, this would be good, but I don't like being touched by strangers )

It'll be sorted when my mum can get a job that doesn't treat her like sh*t
Wife of Amy, Sex Goddess

Albert Johanneson

| 14,477 posts

8th Sept 2010 at 2:41 pm

Albert Johanneson - Outside-left

Outside-left

I clicked on the wrong bet on my betfair account, and the stake placed wiped out 2 weeks worth of good work. F*CK.

Paula

| 4,556 posts

8th Sept 2010 at 10:26 pm

Paula - King of Knights

King of Knights

I really don't understand how it can be so hard to get people (specifically family) to talk to about things. I tried calling the house phone twice today with no joy and later texted only to be told that my nephew has lost the handset (it's one of those cordless dealios). That was when I made the mistake of saying that I could wait. I got a reply saying 'ok hon' and that was that

Paula

| 4,556 posts

9th Sept 2010 at 3:15 pm

Paula - King of Knights

King of Knights

I was supposed to meet a friend at the climbing wall at 1.30 today. That was what we agreed yesterday, but as my friend is the worst timekeeper in the world I was't expecting to see him until at least 2. I wasn't the least surprised that he texted to say 'can we make it 2?', I also wasn't surprised that he said he was bringing his girlfriend either. I like her, she's pretty cool and I wouldn't mind getting to know her better.

What has me hacked off is that at 2 he said they were going to be a little late. I said that the place was empty (It was, there were two other people there besides me) and he said they'd hurry. At 2.30 he asked me if I remember how much the shoe hire is and that they were on their way. I was getting impatient by this point but I'd found an interesting problem to keep me occupied. At 3.10 I'd tired myself out and there was still no sign of them. I made up an excuse to leave and got changed.

At just before 3.30 I was heading to the Metro to go home and there they were, all happy and smiley as if nothing was wrong. I got a half-hearted 'sorry, it was his/her fault' off them and a promise to do better next time. I stuck to my excuse and came home

Rayanne Graff

| 76,001 posts

9th Sept 2010 at 5:35 pm

Rayanne Graff - River Phoenix

River Phoenix

Quote: Paula, Sept 2010
I was supposed to meet a friend at the climbing wall at 1.30 today. That was what we agreed yesterday, but as my friend is the worst timekeeper in the world I was't expecting to see him until at least 2. I wasn't the least surprised that he texted to say 'can we make it 2?', I also wasn't surprised that he said he was bringing his girlfriend either. I like her, she's pretty cool and I wouldn't mind getting to know her better.

What has me hacked off is that at 2 he said they were going to be a little late. I said that the place was empty (It was, there were two other people there besides me) and he said they'd hurry. At 2.30 he asked me if I remember how much the shoe hire is and that they were on their way. I was getting impatient by this point but I'd found an interesting problem to keep me occupied. At 3.10 I'd tired myself out and there was still no sign of them. I made up an excuse to leave and got changed.

At just before 3.30 I was heading to the Metro to go home and there they were, all happy and smiley as if nothing was wrong. I got a half-hearted 'sorry, it was his/her fault' off them and a promise to do better next time. I stuck to my excuse and came home

Yeah, late people p*ss me off as it's inconsiderate.
*[http://www.vegetablerevolution.co.uk/uploads/549604.jpg]*

Animal

| 32,547 posts

9th Sept 2010 at 11:22 pm

Animal -

The fact I've gorged on 6 and a half years of Walking dead comics in under a week, meaning I'm now caught up and on the monthly release cycle. I p*ssed off when I caught up with the release ccyle for Warren Ellis' [url=www.freakangels.com]FreakAngels[/url] in two nights a few weeks ago.

Already re-read Scott Pilgrim again, the other series I'm keeping up with have no new releases and haven't for a good few months worryingly. Text books aside and the few books I own I've not read yet I have f*ck all to read at the moment and really can't afford to get into another serial, since what I'm reading is cutting deeper into my budget than I anticipated. GRRR!

Cycling Antics

Puffalump

| 22,943 posts

11th Sept 2010 at 4:39 pm

Puffalump - Because cake is happiness

Because cake is happiness

Some f*cking c*nt drilled a hole in the padlock on our gate whilst we were on holiday They didn't get it to unlock but I'm still fuming.

Also yesterday a dog sanctuary place were collecting money at the entrance of Tesco and I put some money in the lady's pot (admittedly only a quid cos I only had euros and cents other than that) and she didn't acknowledge me at all, she didn't even look at me. It was really weird. I don't expect such a minor donation to be of much help but still you'd think she'd at least say hello or something!

Wife of the lovely Alice

Rayanne Graff

| 76,001 posts

11th Sept 2010 at 4:59 pm

River Phoenix

Quote: Puffalump, Sept 2010
Some f*cking c*nt drilled a hole in the padlock on our gate whilst we were on holiday They didn't get it to unlock but I'm still fuming.

Also yesterday a dog sanctuary place were collecting money at the entrance of Tesco and I put some money in the lady's pot (admittedly only a quid cos I only had euros and cents other than that) and she didn't acknowledge me at all, she didn't even look at me. It was really weird. I don't expect such a minor donation to be of much help but still you'd think she'd at least say hello or something!

That's sh** about the dog sanctuary woman; she could've at least said Thank you.

wombat

| 8,154 posts

11th Sept 2010 at 5:18 pm

wombat - Technically sexy.

Technically sexy.

I need a job, I'm going mad.
Southern hemispherical rat boy

Vel

| 23,203 posts

11th Sept 2010 at 6:05 pm

Vel - Marry me?

Marry me?

I donated when I was going into a shop, I came out of the shop seconds after and she asked me for more money...

Pff.
Wife of Amy, Sex Goddess

Animal

| 32,547 posts

11th Sept 2010 at 6:20 pm

Animal -

I donated when I was going into a shop, I came out of the shop seconds after and she asked me for more money...

Pff.
Things like this really f*cking bug me actually.

Like the other day, getting the train from Victoria to Newton on the way home. The conductor asked for my ticket, so I showed it him, we stopped at Eccles about 2 minutes later and he did another tour of the train at which point he asked me again. I hadn't shifted position or taken off my jacket.. It was literally no more than five minutes.

I equate it to going into a bar and waiting only to have someone served ahead of me who showed up a while after I did.

It's doubly annoying because of the fact that the last time I worked bar I made a point of memorising the order people came to the bar and working in that exact order. It really isn't that hard to take a second to make a mental note of who you have dealt with and who you haven't, or who has been waiting longest. Even in the busiest of bars this is possible with some thought.

Cycling Antics

Vel

| 23,203 posts

11th Sept 2010 at 6:37 pm

Vel - Marry me?

Marry me?

Grammatical errors on posters.

Debenhams' one where it states "bra's" is irritating enough, but it does make me giggle as I want to know what the bra is owning.

But at work, there's a great big PowerPoint display behind me advertising "Panini's" (it's not bad enough that "panini" itself is a plural, they add an "s" and apostrophise it)...

We have posters that have been created by staff. This is the poster text (in Comic Sans, naturally):

"Its that time of year again

Yes folks its book club!"

Big text. LARGE TEXT. SUPERSIZED, VISIBLE TO VISUALLY IMPAIRED TEXT.

So I went around and drew apostrophes in the appropriate places.

It's a f*cking poster. Grammar check it prior to printing, please.

In this eyeroll (it is more of an than a rant, I suppose), I should note that head office sent a health and safety booklet round to us all about "Suspitious divices".
Wife of Amy, Sex Goddess

LoonyPandora

| 17,916 posts

11th Sept 2010 at 6:40 pm

LoonyPandora - Daft Cow?

Daft Cow?

Overheard from the sales team, while bragging about which of them has read the least

• I haven't read a book since secondary school.
• Well, I never read books. I've got a mobile phone.

Vel

| 23,203 posts

11th Sept 2010 at 6:42 pm

Vel - Marry me?

Marry me?

My mum's boss regularly boasts that she is innumerate. This is a headteacher...

(Their bursar recently passed GCSE mathematics).

My mum deals with radioactive materials and is qualified to do so...
Wife of Amy, Sex Goddess

Rayanne Graff

| 76,001 posts

11th Sept 2010 at 6:42 pm

River Phoenix

Quote: LoonyPandora, Sept 2010
Overheard from the sales team, while bragging about which of them has read the least

Ugh, that's depressing.

Carpet Remnant

| 11,715 posts

11th Sept 2010 at 8:30 pm

Carpet Remnant -

Rancid Fish [Toilet.gif]

Claire

| 15,814 posts

11th Sept 2010 at 9:41 pm

Claire - Darren is most certainly not my god!

Darren is most certainly not my god!

I feel so ill. New tablets for my arthritis and I've never felt so nauseous in my life. They better f*cking work.
Coloured Lilac And Insults Rarely E(Anymore)

Quote: Claire, Jun 2005
Basically, I'm just mangling and regurgitating what everyone's already said.

I’m really glad that the quote in my signature is a teenager.
Joint best Mod 2009. Officials.

Winner of most longstanding mod in the history of the internet. Or at least most resillient/lifelacking VR staff member 2012.

Animal

| 32,547 posts

12th Sept 2010 at 12:24 am

Animal -

Can I kill them?

People like this disgust me.

Cycling Antics

Albert Johanneson

| 14,477 posts

12th Sept 2010 at 3:28 am

Outside-left

I've just got in because Hannah's car wouldn't start after work, and it took 1hr 45 minutes for the roadside assistance to turn up.

John Cage Bubblegum

| 6,555 posts

12th Sept 2010 at 1:25 pm

John Cage Bubblegum -

That Renault Clio advert with the c*nt singing along to Chesney Hawkes in his car. What an absolute c*nt.
Peter Kenyon has a medal

Carpet Remnant

| 11,715 posts

12th Sept 2010 at 1:47 pm

Carpet Remnant -

Ever since I downloaded this new version of iTunes it keeps f*cking crashing

LoonyPandora

| 17,916 posts

12th Sept 2010 at 1:49 pm

LoonyPandora - Daft Cow?

Daft Cow?

Quote: Gordon Cole, Sept 2010

It deleted my entire collection of Catch 22. Perhaps more, but I'll never know... Plus the logo is annoying, everything about it is annoying. But there is nothing else...

Carpet Remnant

| 11,715 posts

12th Sept 2010 at 1:50 pm

Carpet Remnant -

It deleted my entire collection of Catch 22. Perhaps more, but I'll never know... Plus the logo is annoying, everything about it is annoying. But there is nothing else...

The logo is annoying and stupid and I don't like it because it won't let me play any mars volta. Also it won't accept my card details so I can't download any apps.

Paula

| 4,556 posts

12th Sept 2010 at 2:36 pm

Paula - King of Knights

King of Knights

I had one of the worst nights of my life last night.

The Oak is a really nice place, It's a gay owned, gay run bar, and after my involvement with Drag Idol there I kinda know a few of the staff and the regulars. I know it's safe and I've been there plenty of times now to feel comfortable there. But the one problem it has is that it is tiny, and yesterday it was so full of people it was unreal. I ended up having a huge panic attack and having to go outside where I ended up breaking down in tears while my friends were off somewhere catching up with people.

I don't begrudge them wanting to see people they haven't seen in a while. I just can't get past the fact that I was left to cry when I just needed someone to say something like 'it's ok, it's not your fault'. By the time they got round to me I was feeling so humiliated all I wanted to do was go home. Night ruined, and I feel guilty as hell over it even though I know that there is nothing for me to feel guilty about

wombat

| 8,154 posts

12th Sept 2010 at 3:25 pm

wombat - Technically sexy.

Technically sexy.

No matter how many times I set windows seven to tell it I want English (UK) as my default language, it keeps changing it back to English US.

AAARRGGGHHHHH

Southern hemispherical rat boy

LoonyPandora

| 17,916 posts

12th Sept 2010 at 4:13 pm

LoonyPandora - Daft Cow?

Daft Cow?

Overuse of the word "Allegedly"

Roxannie

| 12,431 posts

12th Sept 2010 at 5:04 pm

Roxannie -

Having been fired by Lloyds TSB and being given a list of lies as the reason, I would just like to inform you all that the management of the LLoyds Banking Group is as a whole, utterly incompetent.

LoonyPandora

| 17,916 posts

12th Sept 2010 at 5:21 pm

LoonyPandora - Daft Cow?

Daft Cow?

Quote: Annie, Sept 2010
Having been fired by Lloyds TSB and being given a list of lies as the reason, I would just like to inform you all that the management of the LLoyds Banking Group is as a whole, utterly incompetent.

What the f*ck? that's a bit of a sickening turn of affairs - what happened to get you sacked? The real story?

Roxannie

| 12,431 posts

12th Sept 2010 at 6:02 pm

Roxannie -

Basically, I was "trained" by someone who had no experience, training, or a suitable character to train other people, who just happened to be the manager's niece, which therefore makes it my fault that I wasn't getting work done quickly enough.

Animal

| 32,547 posts

12th Sept 2010 at 6:22 pm

Animal -

I can happily say I have no issues with it. This said I've not tried it on my media server box yet...

As for deleting stuff, are you sure it was iTunes, James? You should know as well as anyone the odds of this..

Also, for the icons and the annoying but pretty washed out colours, I used this to put it back how it all should be.
iTunes 109

Cycling Antics

Albert Johanneson

| 14,477 posts

12th Sept 2010 at 7:19 pm

Outside-left

Quote: John Cage Bubblegum, Sept 2010
That Renault Clio advert with the c*nt singing along to Chesney Hawkes in his car. What an absolute c*nt.

This is only going to get worse now that people our age have the entry level positions in advertising agencies.

Albert Johanneson

| 14,477 posts

12th Sept 2010 at 7:20 pm

Outside-left

Overuse of the word "Allegedly"

Add to this;

Actually
Technically
Literally

Animal

| 32,547 posts

12th Sept 2010 at 7:30 pm

Animal -

Quote: Albert Johanneson, Sept 2010

This is only going to get worse now that people our age have the entry level positions in advertising agencies.
Entry level? You're kidding right?

I was dealing with knobs in advertising back when I worked at GBM who grew up on the same stuff we all did.

Cycling Antics

Albert Johanneson

| 14,477 posts

12th Sept 2010 at 7:39 pm

Outside-left

Quote: Darren, Sept 2010
Quote: Albert Johanneson, Sept 2010

Entry level? You're kidding right?

I was dealing with knobs in advertising back when I worked at GBM who grew up on the same stuff we all did.

Entry level/graduate schemes. I'm tarring them with the same brush. I'm also younger than most of the time-served VR folks, and seemed to watch totally different stuff to them.

LoonyPandora

| 17,916 posts

12th Sept 2010 at 7:39 pm

LoonyPandora - Daft Cow?

Daft Cow?

Face it, we're mid to late 20's now. People our age OWN advertising agencies. At least the cool ones. Christ I'm 2 months older than Mark Zuckerberg...

Vel

| 23,203 posts

12th Sept 2010 at 7:42 pm

Vel - Marry me?

Marry me?

Face it, we're mid to late 20's now. People our age OWN advertising agencies. At least the cool ones. Christ I'm 2 months older than Mark Zuckerberg...

Yeah, why isn't this as successful as Facebook

And Paula- this is why you bring your own sets of tissues. The only time I've been out with people and they've come looking for me (for whatever reason), they've been VRers.

No-one else mops up your tears.
Wife of Amy, Sex Goddess

LoonyPandora

| 17,916 posts

12th Sept 2010 at 7:43 pm

LoonyPandora - Daft Cow?

Daft Cow?

It's been around longer than Facebook too

Time to face facts people, I suck at the internet.

Animal

| 32,547 posts

12th Sept 2010 at 7:53 pm

Animal -

It's been around longer than Facebook too

Time to face facts people, I suck at the internet.
I've been telling you this for years.

Cycling Antics

Πανδώρα: Beefy cheesemas to all, and to all a gravy brie
Rayanne Graff: Happy Easter.
IGH: Just who was The Brigadier
ratammer: squeak
IGH: Wibble
Vel: *sigh*
Emma: Hi VR...
Princess Psycho: Hi I am back in the UK so how are everyone been keeping. Has Fluffy had that little accident yet?
Claire: SHOUTBOX OF VRRRRRR
Rayanne Graff: Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
Lucozade Lover: Happy New Year!
Crinkle-Cut Beatroot: Happy new year <3
Claire: BOXSHOUT
Rayanne Graff: Happy Easter.
Emma: So… Posting a new thread is Fission Mailing… so I’m putting this here.
Emma: I know there aren’t many people looking at this anymore… but I have made the decision to stop paying for the VR hosting and to let the domain lapse.
Emma: I think it will be going offline around the end of May
Emma: It’s been almost 10 years since James passed away… and I feel like it’s time.
Emma: A lot of the regulars can be found on the VR veterans group on Facebook - if you see this and you’re not in there, come join us.

Page: