Things that make you want to bury someone alive

Posted In: Rants. Reading This Thread:

wombat

| 8,154 posts

2nd Sept 2010 at 11:33 am

wombat - Technically sexy.

Technically sexy.

Ever wondered what happens if you miss an advance single booking on a train?

I'LL LET YOU KNOW.
Southern hemispherical rat boy

Pope of Chilli Town

| 12,089 posts

2nd Sept 2010 at 11:34 am

Pope of Chilli Town -

Quote: wombat, Sept 2010

I'LL LET YOU KNOW.

Depends on the ticket inspector, I normally feign being partially sighted.

Alec

| 1,347 posts

2nd Sept 2010 at 11:35 am

Alec - Bing Bong Changes

Bing Bong Changes

I'LL LET YOU KNOW.

You tend to be able to get the next train, but without any seat reservations. Which was a complete b*st*rd when I did it on the train from London to Dundee.

wombat

| 8,154 posts

2nd Sept 2010 at 11:39 am

Technically sexy.

what- just squint at it and go '..it says what time- OH NO!'?

I reckon I could pull that off, thanks Phil

Pope of Chilli Town

| 12,089 posts

2nd Sept 2010 at 11:41 am

Pope of Chilli Town -

what- just squint at it and go '..it says what time- OH NO!'?

I reckon I could pull that off, thanks Phil

Yup, but as I hand over the ticket, I ask the inspector that I'm on the right train with the right ticket as I can't make out what it says...

Rayanne Graff

| 76,001 posts

2nd Sept 2010 at 12:31 pm

Rayanne Graff - River Phoenix

River Phoenix

I'LL LET YOU KNOW.

i've never thought about it before but i'm curious now.

Also, those Dove World Outreach people p*ss me off as i think they seem hateful.

http://derrenbrown.co.uk/blog/florida-church-hold-quranburning/
*[http://www.vegetablerevolution.co.uk/uploads/549604.jpg]*

wombat

| 8,154 posts

2nd Sept 2010 at 2:41 pm

Technically sexy.

I had to buy a new ticket

Pope of Chilli Town

| 12,089 posts

2nd Sept 2010 at 4:08 pm

Pope of Chilli Town -

I had to buy a new ticket

Unlucky.

Claire

| 15,814 posts

2nd Sept 2010 at 4:23 pm

Claire - Darren is most certainly not my god!

Darren is most certainly not my god!

That's sh*te, Mark, on the train I was on a few weeks ago this lass only had her seat reservations and got away with it, what b*ll*cks.
Coloured Lilac And Insults Rarely E(Anymore)

Quote: Claire, Jun 2005
Basically, I'm just mangling and regurgitating what everyone's already said.

I’m really glad that the quote in my signature is a teenager.
Joint best Mod 2009. Officials.

Winner of most longstanding mod in the history of the internet. Or at least most resillient/lifelacking VR staff member 2012.

Vel

| 23,203 posts

2nd Sept 2010 at 4:58 pm

Vel - Marry me?

Marry me?

Samsung.

F*ckers.

Digicare.

F*ckers.

Dpd.

F*ckers.

Anyone involved in not getting my computer to me= f*ckers.
Wife of Amy, Sex Goddess

Rayanne Graff

| 76,001 posts

2nd Sept 2010 at 6:24 pm

River Phoenix

Hmph, i think i've been bitten again. Mean insects.

graysonigel

| 2 posts

3rd Sept 2010 at 11:56 am

I am really in rage right now. I can't take it anymore. I hate it when a friend, an insecure friend always imitate what good you have made out of yourself. And they're so insecure, they also want the same thing. It makes me want to puke in their faces!

Edited by LoonyPandora Sept 2010

LoonyPandora

| 17,916 posts

3rd Sept 2010 at 12:48 pm

LoonyPandora - Daft Cow?

Daft Cow?

Quote: graysonigel, Sept 2010
I am really in rage right now. I can't take it anymore. I hate it when a friend, an insecure friend always imitate what good you have made out of yourself. And they're so insecure, they also want the same thing. It makes me want to puke in their faces!

Best spam ever?

Rayanne Graff

| 76,001 posts

3rd Sept 2010 at 1:07 pm

River Phoenix

Yeah, i thought it was funny.

Dinglebutt

| 11,949 posts

3rd Sept 2010 at 9:48 pm

Dinglebutt - I aim to misbehave

I aim to misbehave

In a way, I feel bad for any call-centre people I've talked to over the past month, because I was a prick. On the other hand, most of them deserved it.

And if your call centre has a stupid "say what department you want" with no alternative to press a keypad button, then f*ck you. It took me 7 f*cking tries today. At 4:50, I tried to get through to the Broadband Cancellations department. 7 f*cking tries and a really sore throat of shouting in pure rage and I managed to get through to a different department just so I could speak to a human. He informed me that the department I wanted had just closed because it was 5.

I admit, I may have been a bit harsh to him. I know it wasn't his fault. I'm having a bad day and was a lot more direct than usual. But in my defense, he was still a f*cking idiot. Like the assface from Vodafone who transferred me to a department which had been closed for over an hour.

I'm very angry lately. So very angry.
Mal: Appears we got here just in the nick of time. What does that make us?
Zoë: Big damn heroes, sir.
Mal: Ain't we just.

Vel

| 23,203 posts

3rd Sept 2010 at 10:16 pm

Vel - Marry me?

Marry me?

Quote: I Am The Walrus, Sept 2010
In a way, I feel bad for any call-centre people I've talked to over the past month, because I was a prick. On the other hand, most of them deserved it.

And if your call centre has a stupid "say what department you want" with no alternative to press a keypad button, then f*ck you. It took me 7 f*cking tries today. At 4:50, I tried to get through to the Broadband Cancellations department. 7 f*cking tries and a really sore throat of shouting in pure rage and I managed to get through to a different department just so I could speak to a human. He informed me that the department I wanted had just closed because it was 5.

I admit, I may have been a bit harsh to him. I know it wasn't his fault. I'm having a bad day and was a lot more direct than usual. But in my defense, he was still a f*cking idiot. Like the assface from Vodafone who transferred me to a department which had been closed for over an hour.

I'm very angry lately. So very angry.

At least your name is not Phil Eowhkj. And yes, I used the f*cking Nato phonetic alphabet too because these people could not understand my accent.

I got really p*ssed off with mine. It worked. Eventually I was put through to a competent person and I now have my computer back with a new motherboard an' all.

But in no accent whatsoever, does fourth sound like first or third. They are completely different vowel and consonant sounds. At least Alice sort of sounds like Harry or Sally (though I would have thought my voice is too high pitched to be mistaken for an adult boy since I really do sound like I'm about 5 on the phone).

Incidentally, it was only when I got put through to an Indian-accented lady (as opposed to the French ones), that I got a competent person. But not one of them mentioned their names. I am really gonna lay it into Samsung's complaint department.

I'm also really p*ssed off with the incoming call-centres who keep calling me Mrs Burrows. Ever heard of flatmates? Don't make bloody assumptions.
Wife of Amy, Sex Goddess

Delirium Tremens

| 1,875 posts

3rd Sept 2010 at 10:17 pm

Delirium Tremens -

You might be his Mum...

Vel

| 23,203 posts

3rd Sept 2010 at 10:22 pm

Vel - Marry me?

Marry me?

It would be more prudent to ask "Is Mr Burrows in/ Is it possible to speak to Mrs Burrows?" as opposed to just opening with "Is that Mrs Burrows?"

And I sound like a 5 year old on the phone, I really do.
Wife of Amy, Sex Goddess

Dinglebutt

| 11,949 posts

3rd Sept 2010 at 10:23 pm

I aim to misbehave

Quote: Resident Death, Sept 2010
But in no accent whatsoever, does fourth sound like first or third. They are completely different vowel and consonant sounds.

Thats why I had to try 7 times. I can't see how, even a computer program, can confuse the words "Service Enquiry" with "Bill Enquiry". When I got through to the person, I even asked him to make sure I was pronouncing "Service Enquiry" right

Vel

| 23,203 posts

3rd Sept 2010 at 10:32 pm

Vel - Marry me?

Marry me?

I also hate it when people say "ha ha" or "haha", etc.

I have no objection to "hehe" or "ahaha" for some reason. But the former two just sound insincere to me, where as the third is a laugh and the fourth is a mean gloating laugh.

To each their own, I suppose.
Wife of Amy, Sex Goddess

John Cage Bubblegum

| 6,555 posts

3rd Sept 2010 at 11:41 pm

John Cage Bubblegum -

LoonyPandora

| 17,916 posts

4th Sept 2010 at 5:24 pm

LoonyPandora - Daft Cow?

Daft Cow?

Shoddy conversion to PAL of great TV shows like Mad Men. The theme tune is WAY too high pitched. Someone just sped that sh*t up to get it on our screens... It's like a whole semitone!

LoonyPandora

| 17,916 posts

4th Sept 2010 at 5:28 pm

LoonyPandora - Daft Cow?

Daft Cow?

Also, iTunes 10 deciding that for no apparent reason to delete my entire collection of Catch 22. Not good enough for ya... hunk of junk...

Other than the above problems, a good day

LoonyPandora

| 17,916 posts

4th Sept 2010 at 8:46 pm

LoonyPandora - Daft Cow?

Daft Cow?

Three in a row? f*ck, someone else should get annoyed about something...

Anyway. Why is "Penetrate our protocol" common computer lingo? first Die Hard 4.0, now the Bourne Ultimatum? f*ck off...

Funnily enough, google search for that phrase in quotes, my last rant about it is the 5th link!

Rayanne Graff

| 76,001 posts

4th Sept 2010 at 9:02 pm

River Phoenix

Quote: LoonyPandora, Sept 2010
Three in a row? f*ck, someone else should get annoyed about something...

Anyway. Why is "Penetrate our protocol" common computer lingo? first Die Hard 4.0, now the Bourne Ultimatum? f*ck off...

Funnily enough, google search for that phrase in quotes, my last rant about it is the 5th link!

As Stu always says... you nerds crack me up.

Dinglebutt

| 11,949 posts

4th Sept 2010 at 9:03 pm

I aim to misbehave

Mobile Broadband.

My laptop is in the exact same position that it has been for the past few weeks. When I open the Vodafone program, it tells me I have 2 bars of 3G reception. The same amount of reception I had for all those weeks. So why is it for the past 3 days whenever I connect via 3G I can't get on any sites? Either the reception is there or it isn't. If I have the reception, I should be able to connect to sites. I can connect via GPRS, and I can connect on 3G reception on the iPhone. I can connect to 3G, just not any websites. It's bullsh*t. If the reception isn't strong enough, don't tell me I have the same amount of reception that I did when I did have enough reception

Vel

| 23,203 posts

4th Sept 2010 at 10:24 pm

Vel - Marry me?

Marry me?

Naked Keith Chegwin....

*vomits*
Wife of Amy, Sex Goddess

Vel

| 23,203 posts

5th Sept 2010 at 10:16 am

Vel - Marry me?

Marry me?

F*ck this sh*t, seriously.

Someone's leaving OCL (on the other side of the desk to us, but still us). So they brought in brownies and offered them to everyone bar me.

Gah. Way to let me know my outsider position.

Wife of Amy, Sex Goddess

LoonyPandora

| 17,916 posts

5th Sept 2010 at 7:15 pm

LoonyPandora - Daft Cow?

Daft Cow?

Quote: LoonyPandora, Sept 2010
Shoddy conversion to PAL of great TV shows like Mad Men. The theme tune is WAY too high pitched. Someone just sped that sh*t up to get it on our screens... It's like a whole semitone!

Now I'm noticing this everywhere. Any movie on normal TV that has music in it is affected. It's so irritating! Watching Transformers (it was better in Spanish) - and The Used track is just wrong...

wombat

| 8,154 posts

6th Sept 2010 at 6:18 pm

Technically sexy.

I have friends. But none of them are here. I only have one left in Farnborough now, as the others are either back at uni or working elsewhere.

I need more friends here, and I don't know what to do.

I also don't understand how people can live off the dole. I hate my life at the moment, I need to do something with my time, or I will go mad.

Vel

| 23,203 posts

6th Sept 2010 at 6:26 pm

Vel - Marry me?

Marry me?

I have friends. But none of them are here. I only have one left in Farnborough now, as the others are either back at uni or working elsewhere.

I also don't understand how people can live off the dole. I hate my life at the moment, I need to do something with my time, or I will go mad.

Ditto all that, but replace dole with part-time job that neglects to pay me my overtime...

Sucks, doesn't it?

There truly is nothing to do in the day that doesn't cost money.
Wife of Amy, Sex Goddess

Carpet Remnant

| 11,715 posts

6th Sept 2010 at 6:55 pm

Carpet Remnant -

Ditto all that, but replace dole with part-time job that neglects to pay me my overtime...

Sucks, doesn't it?

There truly is nothing to do in the day that doesn't cost money.

Word.

Animal

| 32,547 posts

6th Sept 2010 at 8:15 pm

Animal -

I'm also really p*ssed off with the incoming call-centres who keep calling me Mrs Burrows. Ever heard of flatmates? Don't make bloody assumptions.
People have been calling for me? Thats... Odd. No f*cker has the land line number that would call from a call centre. What have the numbers been?
http://www.dasburros.com

The world isn't run by weapons anymore, or energy, or money. It's run by little rabbits and zeroes, little bits of data. It's all just electrons.

Cycling Antics

Vel

| 23,203 posts

6th Sept 2010 at 9:05 pm

Vel - Marry me?

Marry me?

I don't know, but they've been pretty eager to contact you. And they've been doing it since we moved in, which is odd 'cos your name isn't even on the rental agreement.
Wife of Amy, Sex Goddess

Animal

| 32,547 posts

6th Sept 2010 at 9:55 pm

Animal -

Only people that spring to mind are O2, but they have no need to at all...

The world isn't run by weapons anymore, or energy, or money. It's run by little rabbits and zeroes, little bits of data. It's all just electrons.

Cycling Antics

Vel

| 23,203 posts

7th Sept 2010 at 1:13 pm

Vel - Marry me?

Marry me?

Vodaphone.

I knew I shouldn't have switched from O2.

I've had my phone 3 weeks and barely used it. I want to know why my bill is higher than it should be.

AND I CAN'T F*CKING ACCESS THEIR WEBSITE.

Grr!
Wife of Amy, Sex Goddess

Vel

| 23,203 posts

7th Sept 2010 at 1:26 pm

Vel - Marry me?

Marry me?

I was told my phone would have 1GB internet access.
Apparently it has 500MG.

I was told I would be paying £25 p/m
I am apparently paying £24.03 with £4.20 VAT, making my bill £28.23.

Is this supposed to be happening? I've never been on contract before. I thought the £25p/m was what you paid unless you went over your minutes- which I have not.

Gah.
Wife of Amy, Sex Goddess

Claire

| 15,814 posts

7th Sept 2010 at 1:31 pm

They charge you in advance, so your first bill is likely to include a part period up to your next bill date plus the next month's charge. As far as the internet thing goes though, I think you need to ring them because they've missold you if it's not what they've told you.

Winner of most longstanding mod in the history of the internet. Or at least most resillient/lifelacking VR staff member 2012.

Vel

| 23,203 posts

7th Sept 2010 at 1:32 pm

Vel - Marry me?

Marry me?

Definitely phoning them up! I just hope I can actually get through to a person and that it's not like my recent call-centre dealings!

Thanks
Wife of Amy, Sex Goddess

Claire

| 15,814 posts

7th Sept 2010 at 1:41 pm

I've every sympathy with you there, my recent dealings with Orange and Three would leave me scared to ring up if I had a problem. Good luck.

Vel

| 23,203 posts

7th Sept 2010 at 1:41 pm

Vel - Marry me?

Marry me?

Oh for f*ck's sake! Will NOTHING ever go right for me the first time?

I've been missold the product- there is only 500mg of internet allowance.

This is a f*cking never-ending pattern.
Wife of Amy, Sex Goddess

Vel

| 23,203 posts

7th Sept 2010 at 1:42 pm

Vel - Marry me?

Marry me?

Also, if the contract was missold, does that make it void?

Does anyone know what my rights are before I go into town and haul a*s?
Wife of Amy, Sex Goddess

Claire

| 15,814 posts

7th Sept 2010 at 1:48 pm

Right, don't worry. You will most likely never use that amount. I never have, even now I have an iPhone I've not used anywhere near 500MB. In fact, in a month I've used about 12MB, and I had 500MB usage on my old phone for 2 years and have never gone over about 50MB. Unless you are using your phone as a modem or to download huge files I would think you'd never go over the limit.

The Underwhelmed One

| 7,111 posts

7th Sept 2010 at 2:04 pm

It is possible. I've used 60mb in the last 6 days and I've certainly gone over 500 in a month before. It just depends what you do.
I myself am made entirely of flaws, stitched together with good intentions.

Vel

| 23,203 posts

7th Sept 2010 at 2:05 pm

Vel - Marry me?

Marry me?

It's the principle, really. I specifically queried it several times, because I would have just stuck with O2 as that was the only thing that really differed.

And I can't say I've been happy with Vodaphone customer services either. Also, my phone bill is supposed to include VAT, but it isn't.

So I am not happy at all.
Wife of Amy, Sex Goddess

Claire

| 15,814 posts

7th Sept 2010 at 2:09 pm

Ok, then by the looks of that link you have grounds to complain and get it cancelled. Sarah, obviously if you use it for Youtube and whatnot, you could go over, but tbh if you're only using your phone when you're out I'd wait til I got home to do that or try and find some wifi. I've really been caning the internet on iPhone so I was surprised to have used so little but it is possible

Animal

| 32,547 posts

7th Sept 2010 at 2:19 pm

Animal -

Quote: Claire, Sept 2010
Ok, then by the looks of that link you have grounds to complain and get it cancelled. Sarah, obviously if you use it for Youtube and whatnot, you could go over, but tbh if you're only using your phone when you're out I'd wait til I got home to do that or try and find some wifi. I've really been caning the internet on iPhone so I was surprised to have used so little but it is possible
I can easily hit a gig a month, with at most a single streamed video.. Otherwise its a case of occasional app updates (these are more often than not done on Wifi though.), insane amounts of email from several personal and work accounts and finally browsing while on the train.

Tested streamed audio from home for a while but due to the crappy upload it just didn't work out.. Maybe later this month when we go fibre...

Cycling Antics

Claire

| 15,814 posts

7th Sept 2010 at 2:24 pm

My point is if she's stuck in the contract, Alice could get away with the 500MB if she's careful. Realistically, it's not urgent to be streaming videos and whatnot when you're out of the house. If the allowance is just used for Facebook and stuff there's no reason why you'd ever need your entire amount, surely? A guy at Orange told me that even if you go over the amount they don't charge you anyway, they just warn you.

Animal

| 32,547 posts

7th Sept 2010 at 2:45 pm

Animal -

Seriously?

According to everything I've heard from O2 you get kicked off... Of course, this could be them trying to instill the fear of god into us iPhone users who have been shafted and taken off our unlimited plans.

Cycling Antics

Vel

| 23,203 posts

7th Sept 2010 at 6:23 pm

Vel - Marry me?

Marry me?

Oh for f*ck's sake! Will NOTHING ever go right for me the first time?

I've been missold the product- there is only 500mg of internet allowance.

This is a f*cking never-ending pattern.

Well, there's been a colossal f*ck up:

Phones 4 U offered me a contact where I pay £25 p/m for 300 minutes, unlimited text and get 1GB.
This is done by offering me a £30 tariff where I pay £25 and they pay £5 to Vodaphone. The other option I could have had was I pay £30 for 24 months and get £100 immediately back from Phones 4 U in cash. But I took the one that is better.

Vodaphone say (and, the guy at Phones 4 U was really helpful- on the phone for over an hour being transferred through different departments and back to the original ones) because I'm getting the discounted version, I only get 500mg. Even though Phones 4 U is making up the difference. There is no way Vodaphone will keep the contract I've signed.

Thus, according to Phones 4 U, the possible outcomes that they are looking into are:

Vodaphone will up my contract to 1GB only if the tariff is £30 p/m, which Phones 4 U would have to pay. (In reality, this would be giving Vodaphone £35 p/m, collectively. This is a bit out of pocket for all involved, and definitely not to Phones 4 U's advantage as my contract will cost them £240).

Phones 4 U will cancel the contract.

There was one other option, but I've forgotten it.

I'm supposed to be getting phoned tomorrow to find out what is going on. But to be honest, I am fed up to *here* with Vodaphone's can't be arsed attitude (It took them over a week to sort out my PAC code and I had to give the same set of data 3 different times!), and it's very awkward getting hold of a person to speak to in their customer services department. Also, no-one in their call centre knows what the f*ck is going on, as demonstrated by the Phones 4 U guy calling for over an hour.

Seriously, I have the worst luck with customer service departments and as a consumer.
Wife of Amy, Sex Goddess

Πανδώρα: Beefy cheesemas to all, and to all a gravy brie
Rayanne Graff: Happy Easter.
IGH: Just who was The Brigadier
ratammer: squeak
IGH: Wibble
Vel: *sigh*
Emma: Hi VR...
Princess Psycho: Hi I am back in the UK so how are everyone been keeping. Has Fluffy had that little accident yet?
Claire: SHOUTBOX OF VRRRRRR
Rayanne Graff: Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
Lucozade Lover: Happy New Year!
Crinkle-Cut Beatroot: Happy new year <3
Claire: BOXSHOUT
Rayanne Graff: Happy Easter.
Emma: So… Posting a new thread is Fission Mailing… so I’m putting this here.
Emma: I know there aren’t many people looking at this anymore… but I have made the decision to stop paying for the VR hosting and to let the domain lapse.
Emma: I think it will be going offline around the end of May
Emma: It’s been almost 10 years since James passed away… and I feel like it’s time.
Emma: A lot of the regulars can be found on the VR veterans group on Facebook - if you see this and you’re not in there, come join us.

Page: