Babyface

Posted In: Rants. Reading This Thread:

learrggh

| 5,670 posts

3rd Aug 2010 at 1:26 am

learrggh -

You don't look that young & I don't see why this would cause you grief unless you're frequently getting refused admission to things or don't carry ID when you buy age restricted items. Who cares if you look young? It doesn't matter.

Rayanne Graff

| 76,001 posts

3rd Aug 2010 at 8:46 pm

Rayanne Graff - River Phoenix

River Phoenix

i can sympathise with Paula as i used to get people thinking that the fiancé is my father. i mentioned that before though, on page 7 of the now thinking thread that's on page 6 of Spam. i think i must sound younger than i am as i used to get wrong numbers where people'd ask to talk to my mummy or daddy. Oh, and i once went to the pictures with the fiancé and his niece when she was about 10. The person selling tickets asked the fiancé if he wanted two tickets for children and one for an adult.

If something like that happens a couple of times then maybe it's a compliment. But if it keeps happening then it can feel sh** and embarrassing. i don't get things like that happening much now so hopefully it'll be like that for Paula one day.
*[http://www.vegetablerevolution.co.uk/uploads/549604.jpg]*

Penfold

| 887 posts

9th Jun 2011 at 11:39 am

Penfold - The thinker

The thinker

Hello, i realise i'm necro-ing this thread but i haven't been here in yonks. Just want to say that i know how you feel, i'm the same age and get exactly the same thing. Besides knocking the irritating tw*ts out i've no idea what to do. People think it's fine but it's incredibly patronising, and so embarrassing - a few years ago (think i must have been 23) i got given crayons on a plane......It's not funny, it's depressing. That probably doesn't help at all but just wanted to say you're not alone
"The National Rifle Association says that, "Guns don't kill people, people do,” but I think the gun helps, you know? I think it helps. I just think just standing there going, "Bang!" That's not going to kill too many people, is it?" - Eddie Izzard

Facebook shizzle

Dinglebutt

| 11,949 posts

18th Jun 2011 at 7:59 pm

Dinglebutt - I aim to misbehave

I aim to misbehave

Quote: "Enigmatic_Shrew
|1280793148|840362|1308425866"]Conversely I've always apparently looked older than I am.

Same here. A few weeks ago while watching a load of kids on a bouncy castle, I was asked which one was mine.

But I hadn't picked which one I wanted yet though.
Mal: Appears we got here just in the nick of time. What does that make us?
Zoë: Big damn heroes, sir.
Mal: Ain't we just.

Delirium Tremens

| 1,875 posts

19th Jun 2011 at 1:53 pm

Delirium Tremens -

Quote: "Enigmatic_Shrew
|1280793148|840362|1308425866"]Conversely I've always apparently looked older than I am.

Yeah, it's a b*tch.

Πανδώρα: Beefy cheesemas to all, and to all a gravy brie
Rayanne Graff: Happy Easter.
IGH: Just who was The Brigadier
ratammer: squeak
IGH: Wibble
Vel: *sigh*
Emma: Hi VR...
Princess Psycho: Hi I am back in the UK so how are everyone been keeping. Has Fluffy had that little accident yet?
Claire: SHOUTBOX OF VRRRRRR
Rayanne Graff: Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
Lucozade Lover: Happy New Year!
Crinkle-Cut Beatroot: Happy new year <3
Claire: BOXSHOUT
Rayanne Graff: Happy Easter.
Emma: So… Posting a new thread is Fission Mailing… so I’m putting this here.
Emma: I know there aren’t many people looking at this anymore… but I have made the decision to stop paying for the VR hosting and to let the domain lapse.
Emma: I think it will be going offline around the end of May
Emma: It’s been almost 10 years since James passed away… and I feel like it’s time.
Emma: A lot of the regulars can be found on the VR veterans group on Facebook - if you see this and you’re not in there, come join us.

One Page