A thread for female troubles

Posted In: Rants. Reading This Thread:

Jingle

| 4,578 posts

29th Aug 2009 at 6:20 pm

Jingle - WOO-HAH!

WOO-HAH!

I really don't think you should worry. Going on/coming off the contraceptive pill is well known to f*ck around with your hormones and mess up your menstrual cycle. I can't think of anything which could actually be wrong with you other than maybe PCOS which is sometimes supressed by taking the pill, and causes irregular/no periods. I personally think as it's only been a couple of months you shouldn't worry.

Jingle

| 4,578 posts

29th Aug 2009 at 6:34 pm

Jingle - WOO-HAH!

WOO-HAH!

Have you seen the doctor about stopping/switching brands? Could help.

Πανδώρα

| 15,327 posts

1st Oct 2009 at 7:47 pm

Πανδώρα -

my mate had something like that

turned out it was something about the cells in the cervix being the wrong type of epithelium for where & what it is
*burp*

Πανδώρα

| 15,327 posts

1st Oct 2009 at 9:46 pm

Πανδώρα -

nah, still on the same one
she was examined, told to go back a couple of weeks later if it was still happening to have it cauterised

it sorted itself out in her case, but either way, best to get examined
*burp*

Πανδώρα

| 15,327 posts

2nd Oct 2009 at 1:48 pm

Πανδώρα -

goddamn implant

i am yet again without a "real" period, just f*cking clots & film
hardly anything even reaches the pads.

sick of it, it lasts over a week too, i'm going to end up having to shove a tampon in at the beach again if we go to faliraki
*burp*

Πανδώρα

| 15,327 posts

22nd Oct 2009 at 11:05 pm

Πανδώρα -

apologies now as this is going to sounds sick, even by my standards but...

ugh. i feel... swollen & finding out about this was rather uncomfortable

i know mam had the same swelling thing a while ago but... i can't ask her about it, i might even be imagining it, but :/
weird...
can't even tell if it's just because of the monthly as i can;t remember when my last was & it just comes & goes as it wants anyway, might just be that though
*burp*

Jewbacca

| 6,793 posts

26th Oct 2009 at 6:47 am

Jewbacca -

I haven't had a period in almost 22 years and according to my profile I am female
AAAAAAARRRRRRRGHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!

Jingle

| 4,578 posts

26th Oct 2009 at 6:29 pm

Jingle - WOO-HAH!

WOO-HAH!

This is the most sick a*s thread ever.

And so I don't feel it is wrong to ask - has anyone had any problems with yeast infections? Something has happened to me recently, I think it's the stress, and I'm just having a terrible problem with it. 3 months and 2 doctors trips and practically no let up

Jingle

| 4,578 posts

26th Oct 2009 at 7:17 pm

Jingle - WOO-HAH!

WOO-HAH!

Quote: Valerie Holliday, Oct 2009
Quote: Jingle, Oct 2009
This is the most sick a*s thread ever.

And so I don't feel it is wrong to ask - has anyone had any problems with yeast infections? Something has happened to me recently, I think it's the stress, and I'm just having a terrible problem with it. 3 months and 2 doctors trips and practically no let up

Is it defo thrush?
can you not just use Canesten?

Yes, I had a test. And I have used that stuff about 7 times since July. It works but it comes back a week later. I'm on some prescription drugs now - but after the course is done I wouldn't be surprised if it came back. It seems I woke up one day and was suddenly prone. It did start around the time I broke up with my boyfriend/moved house/got busier at uni/started drinking more coffee/smoking more (though I've knocked those on the head now).

Πανδώρα

| 15,327 posts

26th Oct 2009 at 8:05 pm

Πανδώρα -

1'is for me

usually how i judge when i'm going to come on

as for my thing up there, i think i was imagining it, but dove soap didn't agree with me, so i'm back on shower gel
*burp*

learrggh

| 5,670 posts

26th Oct 2009 at 8:08 pm

learrggh -

thrush happens when the pH of your fanny gets disturbed, so check what you're using in the bath or shower, laundry detergent, anything else you might be putting up/near your foof, etc.

not that people powder their vaginas with persil, just sayin'.

learrggh

| 5,670 posts

26th Oct 2009 at 8:11 pm

learrggh -

as for the boobs, yeah it's pretty common. smt to do with the hormone levels during ovulation.

Jingle

| 4,578 posts

26th Oct 2009 at 8:59 pm

Jingle - WOO-HAH!

WOO-HAH!

Quote: Claire, Oct 2009
It's just one, sorta like achey unless I touch it in which case it's like it's bruised. Always the same one too. Was worried I'd be ironic (having small tits) and get breast cancer but apparently breast cancer is painless so I feel better now.

I had that problem a couple of years ago (age 21).. my boobs hurt for a good few weeks. Turned out they were just growing!!! Boo yeah! (boob yeah?). Went up a cup size.

Πανδώρα

| 15,327 posts

26th Oct 2009 at 9:33 pm

Πανδώρα -

then you can join the club

is it the left one that's paining?

there's no real reason for me asking, i'm just nosey so feel free to ignore
*burp*

Πανδώρα

| 15,327 posts

26th Oct 2009 at 9:47 pm

Πανδώρα -

well if that one ever makes it to a D cup, i'll swap it for my C :3
*burp*

learrggh

| 5,670 posts

26th Oct 2009 at 10:08 pm

learrggh -

most people's left boob seems to be so.

also, claire, might be the underwire in your bra. particularly if that one boob happens to be bigger than the other.

Jewbacca

| 6,793 posts

26th Oct 2009 at 10:42 pm

Jewbacca -

Claire I don't want to worry you but I too was told "cancer isn't painful" when I complained of testicular agony and we know how that turned out He put me on anti-biotics for a fortnight GPs are bloody useless, you need to get him/her to refer you to a proper doctor. It's probably nothing, but better safe than sorry and all that.

I just got away with testicle talk in the wimminz thread
AAAAAAARRRRRRRGHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!

learrggh

| 5,670 posts

27th Oct 2009 at 11:43 am

learrggh -

you've checked for lumps and stuff, yeah?

learrggh

| 5,670 posts

13th Nov 2009 at 12:11 am

learrggh -

Quote: Annie, Nov 2009
only 2 weeks. I finally got around to reading the "read this before taking any pills" leaflet, and it said that it can take months before the spots go away

A couple of days ago I had a spot on my boob. It was so big and so much puss came out, it was as though I'd sprouted and extra nipple and it was lactating.

ohmy!

i was on microgynon for a few months when i was 16, it made my skin gorgeous for the brief period i was on it before it started making me throw up every morning like i was pregnant.

should prolly be trying that again for i am a pizza face, but eh.

if you don't have any problems with dry or peeling skin then products with retinol in can prolly help if you don't want to wait for a dermatologist.

Jingle

| 4,578 posts

13th Nov 2009 at 10:38 am

Jingle - WOO-HAH!

WOO-HAH!

I only just found out about these contraceptive implants. Ohmygod. They last for 3 years! But they're big things under your skin you can FEEL. Ewwwwwwwwwww.

Πανδώρα

| 15,327 posts

13th Nov 2009 at 11:15 am

Πανδώρα -

yeah, but they're not massive & you forget about them quick enough once the hole heals :3
*burp*

Πανδώρα: Beefy cheesemas to all, and to all a gravy brie
Rayanne Graff: Happy Easter.
IGH: Just who was The Brigadier
ratammer: squeak
IGH: Wibble
Vel: *sigh*
Emma: Hi VR...
Princess Psycho: Hi I am back in the UK so how are everyone been keeping. Has Fluffy had that little accident yet?
Claire: SHOUTBOX OF VRRRRRR
Rayanne Graff: Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
Lucozade Lover: Happy New Year!
Crinkle-Cut Beatroot: Happy new year <3
Claire: BOXSHOUT
Rayanne Graff: Happy Easter.
Emma: So… Posting a new thread is Fission Mailing… so I’m putting this here.
Emma: I know there aren’t many people looking at this anymore… but I have made the decision to stop paying for the VR hosting and to let the domain lapse.
Emma: I think it will be going offline around the end of May
Emma: It’s been almost 10 years since James passed away… and I feel like it’s time.
Emma: A lot of the regulars can be found on the VR veterans group on Facebook - if you see this and you’re not in there, come join us.

Page: